Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

School closes because ........

Jump to newest

By *rumpyMcFuckNugget OP   Man
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

One mouse was found on the grounds . Seriously WTF??. In my day we'd have just kept it as a class pet . This health & safety bollocks is madness. Wheres the common sense gone ??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

There is never just one mouse

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"There is never just one mouse"
I'm only going by the report that I've seen . Even it's a few mice it doesn't warrant closing a whole school really ??

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I agree...I was just thinking out loud, you can bet your bottom dollar there will be more than one

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If it's the same story that I heard then mice were found in and around children's lunches.

I for one would expect the school to close and pest control bought in to see how bad the problem is and sort it out.

If you went into a restaurant and saw a mouse running around by the food I'm sure you'd have something to say?

It's never, ever just one mouse.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Health & Safety has gone mad these days.

Schools, kids Football & Rugby. I know some of it is warranted but, I do worry about the future generations!

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Health & Safety has gone mad these days.

Schools, kids Football & Rugby. I know some of it is warranted but, I do worry about the future generations! "

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"If it's the same story that I heard then mice were found in and around children's lunches.

I for one would expect the school to close and pest control bought in to see how bad the problem is and sort it out.

If you went into a restaurant and saw a mouse running around by the food I'm sure you'd have something to say?

It's never, ever just one mouse. "

Not the same story . If it was then I would agree with you wholeheartedly

over a year ago

If you are going to close establishments because there are mice, rats or other vermin on the grounds, that will be most of them....

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"If it's the same story that I heard then mice were found in and around children's lunches.

It's never, ever just one mouse. "

I can only find an article that said the mice were not in the kitchens or around kids lunch boxes

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"One mouse was found on the grounds . Seriously WTF??. In my day we'd have just kept it as a class pet . This health & safety bollocks is madness. Wheres the common sense gone ??"

I agree, catch them and keep them as class pets!

over a year ago

Bournemouth Echo?

The only recommendation made was that the children's lunch boxes being stored away from the school hall? Hmmm

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

Schools, kids Football & Rugby. I know some of it is warranted but, I do worry about the future generations! "

And yet it's OUR generation driving our kids to school, dousing them in ant-bacterial gunk if they get a spot of dirt on them, banning them from climbing trees or having penknives, not letting them ride bikes without helmets and padding, panicking if they even consider drinking from a stream...

Yup, you gotta fear for future generations being brought up by our generation.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Health and safety is always mad

That is until someone innocent is maimed or killed by something simple , obvious and avoidable

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"There is never just one mouse I'm only going by the report that I've seen . Even it's a few mice it doesn't warrant closing a whole school really ??"

Unless it was found in the food store maybe? I would assume there's a risk of contamination or something....

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

“Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie,

O, what a panic's in thy breastie! “

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

The biology department (and their budget) must be jumping joy at the news of mice.

And/or the school canteen

over a year ago

I've got a mouse living in my shed and its eaten all my best rags the little bugger.

I've now made it a little shoe box house on the shelf and it seems to have kept it off my good rags

By *essandpatCouple
over a year ago

chester

In fact, rats and mice are known to spread more than 35 diseases. ... Diseases carried by rodents can also be spread to humans indirectly, through fleas, ticks, or mites that have fed on an infected rodent. I wouldn't want my kids picking up any thing, yea let kids be kids but not at there own risk of their health x

over a year ago

If parents weren't so quick to blame or sue then maybe we wouldn't have as many knee jerk reactions.

over a year ago

Schools, kids Football & Rugby. I know some of it is warranted but, I do worry about the future generations!

Health and safety is always mad

That is until someone innocent is maimed or killed by something simple , obvious and avoidable

"

If it were that simple obvious and avoidable.... How did it kill or maim them

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Imagine they didnt close and one of the wee dears caught something.

multi billion law suit.

Even if they see a mice they probably have to bring in councilors to talk the wee dears through the ordeal.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

And yet it's OUR generation driving our kids to school, dousing them in ant-bacterial gunk if they get a spot of dirt on them, banning them from climbing trees or having penknives, not letting them ride bikes without helmets and padding, panicking if they even consider drinking from a stream...

Yup, you gotta fear for future generations being brought up by our generation."

It's down to the parents how much they mollycoddle their children. Those things are totally under our control. Not so the schools, governments etc. who say school is closed for this reason or, you're not allowed to tackle in football. There is a difference.

over a year ago

"Imagine they didnt close and one of the wee dears caught something.

multi billion law suit.

Even if they see a mice they probably have to bring in councilors to talk the wee dears through the ordeal."

And that’s just the teachers

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

There once was a windmill in Old Amsterdam.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fg7w49UnGA

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Hickory Dickory Dock the mouse ran up the clock......

Post new Message to Thread