Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

£43K

Jump to newest

By *ranny-Crumpet OP   Woman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Apparently, that's the ideal amount to make you happy. ( per year )

Go much above and you'll be less happy 'apparently.' ......

What are you doing with your 43K ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Running for the hills in the style of iron Maiden.

By *utie91Woman
over a year ago

Hitchin

I’d like to know where it’s coming from lol

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I’d like to know where it’s coming from lol

"

I'm assuming it's a yearly salary but if you can rob that much every year .. well done you

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Oh.... if you are Royal it will be a yearly income from someone renting a stable.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I'd be willing to try the experiment If anyone wants to give me 43k

over a year ago

I do .... and work my arse off for it

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"Apparently, that's the ideal amount to make you happy. ( per year )

What are you doing with your 43K ?"

Paying off my debt from being paid signifucantly less than that for so long lol

over a year ago

Me and the fella struggle to spend our £30k a year!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

There's finally a price on happiness!?

Good that'll give me something to aspire to.

I've clearly been mistaking my current contentment for happiness, silly me when one don't earn enough enough.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

*When I don't earn enough*

By *utie91Woman
over a year ago

Hitchin

"I’d like to know where it’s coming from lol

I'm assuming it's a yearly salary but if you can rob that much every year .. well done you "

Interesting considering most of the population don’t make that much lol

I’d like to know where my extra £13k is haha

over a year ago

No wonder I'm so bloody peed off. I need to ask for a very very big pay cut

We live to our means I guess, short of nothing other than good health.

over a year ago

43k only

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I’m clearly spending too much money on biscuits and food

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

I guess it depends what your outgoings are. I don’t mean the latest phone and cars with Italian-sounding names but if you’ve got a house anywhere near a railway line in the south east and several children you’re going to find it difficult to get by.

If you’re living on your own in somewhere that house prices are more reasonable then you could probably piss a hundred quid a week up the wall and not worry

over a year ago

Hmmm. I think someone should give me £100,000 a year for a few years. You know, to test the theory out.

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Hmmm. I think someone should give me £100,000 a year for a few years. You know, to test the theory out. "

You are so good. To think of the misery you would go through in the interests of research brings a tear to my eye.... bless you.

By *remiumChocolate_milkMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

With £43k a year I'd be getting a quarter share in a horse (they usually cost around £25k a year to train and stable) and I'd have a couple of nice holidays a year. I'm currently renting a nice apartment, but I'm sharing with a mate, so it would be good to get onto the property ladder, too

Meet an amazing woman who earns the same amount and wants to move into my chateau, then I'd probably increase my share in a horse to 33%

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

Unfortunately only giving one person £100,000 isn’t a big enough sample size for statistical accuracy.

If all of us in this thread have it, that would be better

By *yldstyleWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

If I earnt that I'd certainly be far less stressed. That's almost double my salary. For the work I do I'd certainly be worth it.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Spending it on the kids, grandkids and lovely holidays...and yeah...I'm as happy as a pig in shit!

over a year ago

My lot would go through that like a hot knife through butter.

I'd book a month long holiday and let them get on with it.

By *azzle DazzleCouple
over a year ago

strathaven

The big tycoons are out in force today

over a year ago

I don’t know where the figure comes from but I’m guessing it’s an average as £43k in the North East can get you more than £43k in the centre of London, for example!

And it’s all relative, as your income grows typically you might get a nicer car or house etc so your disposal income might not change much.

Anyway to answer the OP, what am I doing with my £43k? Why I’m buying 215,000 Freddo bars, of course!

over a year ago

Hookers and

over a year ago

Omg the blank out that word censorship!

over a year ago

"Hookers and "

So all back in your own pocket then

over a year ago

putting milk on them and eating for brekkie

over a year ago

My household lives on less than 15k a year.

over a year ago

"My household lives on less than 15k a year. "

When you say household.. is it only you?

over a year ago

"Omg the blank out that word censorship!"

I can guess what it was

over a year ago

"My household lives on less than 15k a year.

When you say household.. is it only you?"

Partner. 12 year old daughter and a farm.

over a year ago

"Omg the blank out that word censorship!

I can guess what it was "

Go on then

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

"The big tycoons are out in force today"

They are? Are any of them hot?

over a year ago

£43K. How do people live on so little?

over a year ago

"£43K. How do people live on so little?

"

Okay rich man... sit down.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

It depends on your age.

Cost of living is dramatically higher for those starting off than those with assets already built up.

Young people are spending close to 20 grand for a very modest single bed apartment. This would leave them with 23 grand, 1.5 grand gone just getting to work which leaves them with 21 grand.

If they get a car, they are down to 15 grand a year, minus another 5 grand for insurance and petrol so down to 10 grand. If they budget right they can live off 100 a week nothing fancy, and now they have 5 grand left only, but likely nothing left cause they will want a mobile phone and tv and internet and clothes and all that stuff.

So basically 43 grand isnt enough for a young person to afford a modest 1 bed apartment to themselves and a car.

So I dunno how anyone is happy these days. Sure if you are in your 40s and have a chunk of your mortgage paid off and the bank cut you deal and your finances were re-arranged and now 43 grand is a really nice figure to you.

But lets face it, the minium wage cant get you a respectable life in a nice little apartment and have enough for your food. Most of us have to rent rooms, not apartments.

over a year ago

Without being a smug asshole, I earn alot more than £43k a year and it's still not enough. The cost of living in the South East is massive, but unfortunately that's where my work predominantly is.

over a year ago

"Without being a smug asshole, I earn alot more than £43k a year and it's still not enough. The cost of living in the South East is massive, but unfortunately that's where my work predominantly is."

And your point?

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"Without being a smug asshole, I earn alot more than £43k a year and it's still not enough. The cost of living in the South East is massive, but unfortunately that's where my work predominantly is.

And your point? "

Their point is obviously if they make more than 43 grand and it is not enough, how can anyone on 43 grand be happy?

And they can't unless they have assets built up, or live outside a main city and dont have to travel to it for work.

Realistically to be happy and young you need more than 60 grand, and you will still be in a modest 1 bed apartment and have a modest car, but at least you will have money left to save a deposit for a house.. Because no one spending all their money to rent their whole life and never having enough left over to buy can be happy really.

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple
over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

Just had an interview at an educational establishment where the fees are £29k per year.

£43k wouldn't come close to only covering the fees for two little darlings even before tax....need a darn site more than that!!!

over a year ago

"Without being a smug asshole, I earn alot more than £43k a year and it's still not enough. The cost of living in the South East is massive, but unfortunately that's where my work predominantly is.

And your point? "

The point is that earnings are relative. Whilst £43k may seem like a fortune to some, to others it's not enough to cover their living expenses.

By the time you have paid income tax tax, paid for your accomodation, depreciation on the car, travel to and from work, food, clothes, council tax, heat and light, holidays , birthdays and Xmas, I'd be surprised if there was any left and not at all surprised if they weren't in debt.

over a year ago

And your point?

The point is that earnings are relative. Whilst £43k may seem like a fortune to some, to others it's not enough to cover their living expenses.

By the time you have paid income tax tax, paid for your accomodation, depreciation on the car, travel to and from work, food, clothes, council tax, heat and light, holidays , birthdays and Xmas, I'd be surprised if there was any left and not at all surprised if they weren't in debt.

"

^ this!

I’m guessing the £43k is a calculated average across the country as it will very much depend on individual circumstances. The very nature of an average is that for some it will be a higher figure, others lower!

By *remiumChocolate_milkMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Partner. 12 year old daughter and a farm. "

Ant farm?

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

In a restaurant in London, near where I work, £43k would buy 2 good bottles of wine,,,??

over a year ago

"In a restaurant in London, near where I work, £43k would buy 2 good bottles of wine,,,??"

God..... you on the cheap stuff then ?lol

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

I used to earn that and was utterly miserable and in debt. Now I rent and live on a pittance, my life is bloody wonderful.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

It also depends on whereabouts you live. 43k (before tax) within the M25 probably wouldn't go too far.

over a year ago

Partner. 12 year old daughter and a farm.

Ant farm?"

Cows but ants live there too.

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

And your point?

^ this!

I’m guessing the £43k is a calculated average across the country as it will very much depend on individual circumstances. The very nature of an average is that for some it will be a higher figure, others lower! "

Mean mode and median springs to mind here. Also it was 43 being the happy point. The average salary is much much lower than that.

By *dam and slutCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

in all honesty, l was that person on 10k a week. Well on paper at least.

It was great at first, didn't matter what you looked like, the power that comes from having the wealth, the ability to just buy anything on a day to today basis created a power magnet of it's own. Eventually good intentions turned to darker intentions, l would just play mind games with attractive women...3 bottles of champagne, no problem...hello would you care to join me..may I have some, why of course my dear...I have more in my car...money no object...take £500 out of the glove compartment, show it, tuck a couple of hundred into her bra...play the lonely older male, wife dead blah blah..cock sucked....sickening

Eventually, l ended up laying on a beach in the Greek Islands. .In a suit, with a brief case and a bottle...how I got there, l don't know. .

The recession of 93 took me out...I have learned to be a nice guy again...maybe that's why money doesn't matter any more

over a year ago

And your point?

"

Precisely

over a year ago

It's all relative to your spending habits and how you manage your money, we are a one earner family of 5, earning less than the £43k. We manage just fine, we have a mortgage, save and have holidays.

My only debt is my mortgage, but we aren't materialistic, or have the need to have the latest technology.

Years ago I wanted to be in a position where I wouldn't have to worry about paying bills as and when they came in, we have that now, my next goal is to be able to afford a foreign holiday each year.

Ginger

over a year ago

What are you doing with your 43K ?

Paying off my debt from being paid signifucantly less than that for so long lol"

Pay off student debts, mortgage, etc. Then actually start thinking about what makes me happy and how I can do that more!

Post new Message to Thread