Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

xmas day ideas

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

im home alone my daughter will be with her dad.

just debating iceland chicken dinner or cook dinner for one.

will have the usual soap christmas drama to watch.

any other suggestions welcome

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

order a massive chinese or pizza the night before, pig out, get d*unk then do a student reheat the next day. lol!

over a year ago

If the weather is dry and bright, then I shall be camping 6 miles down the road from home.

I'll start the day by mixing a big jug of poor person's Bucks Fizz with Asti as I do not like champagne.

I shall snack on smoked salmon with lumpfish caviar with a sauce made with dill, creme fraiche and mayo on poppy seeds thins and Ritz crackers while I am getting ready.

Starter will be baked mozzarella and avocado with red pesto, to be mopped up with garlic bread.

Main course will be pan-fried confit de canard on its own or duck breast with a orange and mango sauce, with saute potatoes and parsnips, and stir-fried vegetables.

Dessert will be a syrup sponge pudding, courtesy of Lidl's, served with lashing of double cream.

All to be washed down with lots of red wine.

If I am not camping, I shall have the same at home.

I'll watch whatever films I fancy on TV, or put on a DVD or two, or three, as I have loads of new ones that I have not watched.

I'll snooze whenever I feel like it, and shall find time to walk and play with the dog.

I love spending Christmas on my own, can't wait!!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I will be frog marched to my mothers for my dinner then i have to wait for half an hour after ive finished it out of politeness before i can come home.

I cant be the only person that loves being on their own on christmas day. It was lovely when my son was young but now he has grown and flown the nest i just want peace and quiet

over a year ago

I started to spend Christmas on my own after being invited to spend one with someone I did not know well, and felt very awkward when the family started to have arguments etc...

When I was married or was with my late partner, I would spend it with just the two of us, again, after spending one not so great one with their respective families.

Much better being on my own, to do, eat and watch whatever I please.

Bliss!

over a year ago

Im taking the kids out for xmas dinner this yeah

Cant be arsed cooking this year, i asked the kids where they wanted to go and they all opted for the chinses all you can eat restaurant we go to for special occasions that they love, so i called them up to see if they was open xmas day and they was

So me snd my girls are going for a chinese lol

over a year ago

I love to cook, and view BH weekends as great opportunities to cook something fancy for myself.

over a year ago

My idea for Xmas ????

Cancel the whole fucking thing ....

By *teborahCouple
over a year ago

warrington

"My idea for Xmas ????

Cancel the whole fucking thing ...."

here here!! usually shite from start to finnish then come the end of January you get to pay for it all!!

over a year ago

I don't understand why people have to wait until December before they start buying gifts for their loved ones.

If I see something that would make a good present for someone I care about, I would buy and give it to him/her right away.

over a year ago

"I don't understand why people have to wait until December before they start buying gifts for their loved ones.

If I see something that would make a good present for someone I care about, I would buy and give it to him/her right away.

"

I Think it was something to do with the 3 wise men and what they got up to all those years ago

over a year ago

"I don't understand why people have to wait until December before they start buying gifts for their loved ones.

"

Yes but xmas is special however if you had said the same thing about valetines day I would have to agree with you.

over a year ago

We haven't had halloween or bonfire night yet!! Too early to be talking about christmas

over a year ago

"

christmas is expensive enough without buy girfs thro the year too

over a year ago

Im having a quiet one on me own this year its summat ive wanted ta do fa ages

Dunna like Christmas much anyway (too many sad memories)

But roll on new year xx

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"im home alone my daughter will be with her dad.

any other suggestions welcome "

Many charities provide xmas dinner to the homeless,and really need volunteers on xmas day...you could spend it helping others,imagine the smile on your face when you get home.

over a year ago

Many charities provide xmas dinner to the homeless,and really need volunteers on xmas day...you could spend it helping others,imagine the smile on your face when you get home."

Thats actually a lovely thought

i may do that when my kids all leave home

in about 40 years time lol

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Putting my house on the market so haven't got a scooby tbh.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

Many charities provide xmas dinner to the homeless,and really need volunteers on xmas day...you could spend it helping others,imagine the smile on your face when you get home.

Thats actually a lovely thought

i may do that when my kids all leave home

in about 40 years time lol"

We did it before the kids were born,it is a wonderful experience...kind of reminds you what xmas is about

And if your kids are bigger,u dont need to wait,we saw whole families volunteering!

over a year ago

It is a lovely idea to help charities on christmas day. If you fancy it then do some research and choose what's best for you.

Otherwise if you are alone then treat yourself to something special foodwise, something you enjoy but don't usually have, its very sad for divorced couples at christmas when the childrens time is split I feel.

I am going out for christmas lunch this

year. Have always wondered what it would be like. Am going with my inlaws and the kids too. At nearly £100 per head its a massive expense though so almost wish we hadn't opted for it now.

over a year ago

Im not a xmas lover at all but have promised my neice that i will spend xmas day with her, my brother and sister inlaw. We will have a great time and eat and drink to much and then home.

the rest of xmas will be spent on my own, unless any friends turn up for a drink etc. open house at xmas

Post new Message to Thread