Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ghost written profiles

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you ever read (and groan at ) a forumites post and then have a look at their profile to see a far more elouent profile than you would expect?

Is plagarism rife on the site? Or is there a team of fabbers who ghost write profiles?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oupleofkooksCouple
over a year ago

local

Profiles are generally the first impression most people will get of you. You want them to show some depth so you’ll get people spending some time on them. - I’m a sarcastic, dark humoured, cynical Yorkshireman, that generally puts people off till they get to know me.

over a year ago

Totally agree with you. It is when someone appears semi-literate in the forums or messages but their profile looks like someone else gave them a hand...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm am X and looking to meet Y

or

Fill in later

Bore off

over a year ago

"Totally agree with you. It is when someone appears semi-literate in the forums or messages but their profile looks like someone else gave them a hand..."

I need a hand.

over a year ago

I thought you were offering a service

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"Do you ever read (and groan at ) a forumites post and then have a look at their profile to see a far more elouent profile than you would expect?

Is plagarism rife on the site? Or is there a team of fabbers who ghost write profiles?"

Yarp.

over a year ago

No different to someone asking for profile advice on here and they get told by another that their profile is bland and boring so you expect their profile to be amazing and guess what, it’s bland and boring

By *apillonNoirWoman
over a year ago

There...

I believe we posted on the same thread OP. My fingers itched to look for profiles he may have copied but life’s too short...

I’ve had messages from guys whose profiles are word for word the same as someone I’ve met and when I’ve pointed that out I’m told that it was their best chance of meeting me...

over a year ago

It's impossible. I once completely deleted my profile and whilst I RE wrote it got accused of all sorts. It's not easy to have a good profile, but it's not hard either. It depends on so much too. Like who you are? Who you want to meet etc.

over a year ago

People read profiles?

over a year ago

"People read profiles? "

Nah they never, we could write a load of crap, they look at the pictures!

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Think I need a ghost writer...

over a year ago

It depends on who, what where blah blah you get the idea. Lots of factors.

over a year ago

"People read profiles?

Nah they never, we could write a load of crap, they look at the pictures! "

Er... you been looking at my profile??

over a year ago

"Totally agree with you. It is when someone appears semi-literate in the forums or messages but their profile looks like someone else gave them a hand...

I need a hand. "

You need a fecking miracle

By *apillonNoirWoman
over a year ago

There...

"Think I need a ghost writer..."

Yours makes me smile

over a year ago

"People read profiles?

Nah they never, we could write a load of crap, they look at the pictures!

Er... you been looking at my profile?? "

Maybe!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I have helped someone with their profile and I have had a thread asking people to write mine. The contents of that thread became my profile for about 6 months.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Tina Titz used to provide a profile writing service

By *appy squirrelWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

I had mine proof read by another fabber (m) to see if its appealing after all my waffling

over a year ago

Ah yes, I remember the Tina Titz profile enhancement service

Now I remember, when I was here a few years back I starting chatting with a lady who then pointed out we had chatted in the past and I'd been a bit of a knob...

Fair play I thought, I have my moments. Turns out it was mistaken identity. Someone had ripped my profile word for word and was meandering in the South east. I was in the South West at the time. Where we overlapped in the South Central borderlands, he was pissing people off that I liked!

I had forgotten all about it until I saw Tina's name!

over a year ago

A friendly ghost wrote ours

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I think it's highly likely that better written profiles are "borrowed" in some shape or form by others who are either too lazy, or lack creativity/inspiration etc or they have their profiles written for them, either way they'll soon be found out.

I do know the thread/profile that's given rise to this question though OP and, as I pointed out on the thread, I do wonder if the person concerned was actually in a similar position to another popular forumite in terms of his abilities, so didn't think it something to pick holes in in that instance, even though I totally disagreed with what he was saying in the thread

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

I could offer this service.

Money up front, no refunds. No satisfaction guarantee.

over a year ago

I've had people literally copy and paste my profile text to theirs before now...

over a year ago

"A friendly ghost wrote ours "

Can you let me have Casper's email I need help with mine

over a year ago

"I think it's highly likely that better written profiles are "borrowed" in some shape or form by others who are either too lazy, or lack creativity/inspiration etc or they have their profiles written for them, either way they'll soon be found out.

I do know the thread/profile that's given rise to this question though OP and, as I pointed out on the thread, I do wonder if the person concerned was actually in a similar position to another popular forumite in terms of his abilities, so didn't think it something to pick holes in in that instance, even though I totally disagreed with what he was saying in the thread "

I understand your point and know both profiles you allude to.

However the ever popular forumite does state their condition from the off and if you read their profile you still see the odd word in there that is written in their unique style. That is part of their charm.

There are other profiles that are dramatically different. Even to the point where the title jars against the profile text.

Post new Message to Thread