FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Does your love of sport affect your mood for the week ahead?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Not limited to any one specific sport but I have noticed a few of my friends lately who are Sunderland fans, really affects their night out. They are definitely not themselves at the moment. For me I have 2 teams Celtic and Newcastle so mixed bag for me. Celtic usually cancel out the disappointment of whats happened with Newcastle

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’m definitely in a better mood when Liverpool get good results and enjoy the schadenfreude of our rivals suffering disappointments

over a year ago

"Not limited to any one specific sport but I have noticed a few of my friends lately who are Sunderland fans, really affects their night out. They are definitely not themselves at the moment. For me I have 2 teams Celtic and Newcastle so mixed bag for me. Celtic usually cancel out the disappointment of whats happened with Newcastle "

Well being a united fan Newcastle did make me a little sad yesterday but that was cancelled out by Scotland's performance I definitely prefer rugby to football

over a year ago

"Not limited to any one specific sport but I have noticed a few of my friends lately who are Sunderland fans, really affects their night out. They are definitely not themselves at the moment. For me I have 2 teams Celtic and Newcastle so mixed bag for me. Celtic usually cancel out the disappointment of whats happened with Newcastle

Well being a united fan Newcastle did make me a little sad yesterday but that was cancelled out by Scotland's performance I definitely prefer rugby to football "

Not surprised you prefer rugby if you support United

over a year ago

No. But today at work it does

over a year ago

And I live in Southampton so double whammy for me lol

over a year ago

Hubby can be pretty grumpy if England lose a Cricket match! The ashes made it a very long winter!

over a year ago

I can't be bothered with football anymore (liverpool fan). The transfer fees are so astronomical it's insane. The Neymar deal from Barcelona to PSG is mind-boggling and PSG then getting M'Bappé on loan, so they don't breach FFP is a complete piss take. Last time I watched Liverpool was the derby and I haven't bothered since.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I can't be bothered with football anymore (liverpool fan). The transfer fees are so astronomical it's insane. The Neymar deal from Barcelona to PSG is mind-boggling and PSG then getting M'Bappé on loan, so they don't breach FFP is a complete piss take. Last time I watched Liverpool was the derby and I haven't bothered since."
Crazy money

over a year ago

If my team loses I get a little frustrated for about an hour. Then I get over it (it happens so often that I’m used to it now!)

over a year ago

some of my friends put football before family and if the game doesn’t go their way, they’re in the foulest of moods for the next day or so.

i enjoy the olympics where everyone’s a winner in my book, just for getting that far.

i enjoy martial arts too but i’m not an avid fan of UFC, or follow any one imparticular, just enjoy watching the sport.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Could you imagine the spike in the birth rates on Tyneside if newcastle ever managed to win a trophy lol

over a year ago

I used to work for a woman who was a supporter of Liverpool....she was an utter bitch if they lost. So bad we all checked the weekend score so we knew what we were going into!!

Floppsy x

over a year ago

I'm one off those rare men that doesn't actually like watching sport.

By *helby350Man
over a year ago

Gillingham

I'm a Gillingham supporter so more down then up.

By *is vixen at playCouple
over a year ago

Dundee

Yea it used to. Not so much these days. Being a Dundee United fan iv had to get used to disappointment. Been going for 32 years now and this is the worst team iv seen in this time. If I let it bother me as much as It used to, I'd prob be in a straight jacket now. G

Post new Message to Thread