Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Pissed off

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Fed up with certain personal comments you get on here, last posting, shutting down the profile

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You've been here long enough to know your thread will get filled with the usual types saying see ya and generally slagging you off.

The world is full of those types. Hope you feel better. x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Rage Quit! Sorry to hear that Come back with a thicker skin next time.

I just read something pretty horrendous in one of the racism posts.. but you have to learn to put up with views and comments you don't like, confront those who attack personally or ignore them. Or destroy them and get Fab to Rage Quit you on your behalf

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sorry to see you go, hope things are better for you on the other side.

But I am curious why you didn’t just delete the profile. Why start a thread and alter your entire profile first?

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Sorry to see you go, hope things are better for you on the other side.

But I am curious why you didn’t just delete the profile. Why start a thread and alter your entire profile first?

"

Really?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I'm going to stick my neck out and say through anger?

Reply privately

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Question

How does an account run out?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sadly not everyone is nice. Focus on the people who are decent folk, and fuck the rest of them. They don't matter.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Question

How does an account run out?"

Site supporter I would think.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Question

How does an account run out?"

exhaustion

Reply privately

By *pple16Man
over a year ago

Macclesfield

welcome to the real world,

Reply privately

over a year ago

Really? "

Really. I’m well aware I started a thread when I left the first time, but that was to thank everyone for a good laugh and to say good bye

Reply privately

By *eziahWoman
over a year ago

Hull

It seems thatyou’re confused as to how this works, here’s the proper way to exit social media:

Step 1: Delete or deactivate your social media profile.

Step 2: Delete the app from your phone, and bookmarks from your computer.

Step 3: Stay off of the social media platform you claim you’re quitting.

Step 4: Live your life.

Step 5: Stay gone. For real. You said you were leaving, so stop reading this.

Anything else just reeks of narcissism and attention-seeking. Declaring intention on a public forum particularly so.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It seems thatyou’re confused as to how this works, here’s the proper way to exit social media:

Anything else just reeks of narcissism and attention-seeking. Declaring intention on a public forum particularly so."

harsh or what

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It seems thatyou’re confused as to how this works, here’s the proper way to exit social media:

Anything else just reeks of narcissism and attention-seeking. Declaring intention on a public forum particularly so."

most threads here are attention seeking don't see the problem

Reply privately

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Ok.

Reply privately

By *eziahWoman
over a year ago

Hull

Anything else just reeks of narcissism and attention-seeking. Declaring intention on a public forum particularly so.harsh or what "

I'm not one to mince my words, me.

Reply privately

By *pple16Man
over a year ago

Macclesfield

Not gone yet? mmm, seems like attention seeking, do what you say if you meant it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What if.. for debates sake.. I chose to tell all my Facebook friends I was leaving in two weeks time. That if they'd like to stay in touch, to give me their numbers and I'll stay in contact via WhatsApp.

But it was a ruse. My intention being to whittle away all the people who no longer follow me, to cull the collective who've added me in the past but decided to unfollow my posts.

Because.. I did that recently and went from 600 friends.. to about 30.

I did it because I've been let down by many of them. Hardly any were there for me when my marriage broke down. 10% of the 30 who are left bothered to send me a message when I was quite visibly suffering a minor bout of depression (Not clinical) and misery.

Is this narcacissm? If it is, I'll accept that, I guess I have some "Look at me tendancies" Otherwise I'd not be on the Forums at all, definately not so prolific.

I'd say part of that is attention seeking to try and attract the type of women who may like my brain for what it is, or to look at my profile to see if I may be worth a bonk. Some of its the fact I like helping people who are confused, undecided, unsure about their own views. Part of its social, as I don't know many people local to me as im not from here, I also work A LOT and it's not easy joining a club of any kind. Part of its therapeutic.. I've an active mind and it helps me when I write down my thoughts, helps more when someone stops and interacts with my thoughts.

I'll take narcacissm reluctantly without argument, I hope it's not the case though

Reply privately

By *urlesque!Woman
over a year ago

Gloucester

Anything else just reeks of narcissism and attention-seeking. Declaring intention on a public forum particularly so.

What if.. for debates sake.. I chose to tell all my Facebook friends I was leaving in two weeks time. That if they'd like to stay in touch, to give me their numbers and I'll stay in contact via WhatsApp.

But it was a ruse. My intention being to whittle away all the people who no longer follow me, to cull the collective who've added me in the past but decided to unfollow my posts.

I did it because I've been let down by many of them. Hardly any were there for me when my marriage broke down. 10% of the 30 who are left bothered to send me a message when I was quite visibly suffering a minor bout of depression (Not clinical) and misery.

Is this narcacissm? If it is, I'll accept that, I guess I have some "Look at me tendancies" Otherwise I'd not be on the Forums at all, definately not so prolific.

I'd say part of that is attention seeking to try and attract the type of women who may like my brain for what it is, or to look at my profile to see if I may be worth a bonk. Some of its the fact I like helping people who are confused, undecided, unsure about their own views. Part of its social, as I don't know many people local to me as im not from here, I also work A LOT and it's not easy joining a club of any kind. Part of its therapeutic.. I've an active mind and it helps me when I write down my thoughts, helps more when someone stops and interacts with my thoughts.

I'll take narcacissm reluctantly without argument, I hope it's not the case though "

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Really?

Really. I’m well aware I started a thread when I left the first time, but that was to thank everyone for a good laugh and to say good bye"

Nah i ment really as in surely done for maximum impact. I thought it was obvious.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Really?

Really. I’m well aware I started a thread when I left the first time, but that was to thank everyone for a good laugh and to say good bye

Nah i ment really as in surely done for maximum impact. I thought it was obvious. "

Sorry, my bad. Read the context wrong

Reply privately

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"Fed up with certain personal comments you get on here, last posting, shutting down the profile"

Sometimes it makes sense to walk away. But don't just walk out of the door.

Sometimes we have to change things for our own benefit not the benefit of others..

Sometimes it makes sense to throw it all in the air and start again.

But OP "here be dragons." They come in many forms many are angry sad lost unhappy or have other issues in their lives. Some vent those issues in public or private by attacking anyone who is in the line of fire often with no logic at all behind their comments. We don't have to say the dragons just avoiding them is often enough.

You are not the first here recently to either go or threaten to go. But the fact that so many are leaving the forums and fab should make us all question why and what part our own interactions with others contribute to the losing of so many forumites....

Whatever your choice OP I wish you good luck

Reply privately

over a year ago

I ignore and move on

Reply privately

over a year ago

God some people!!!

Not attention seeking at all thanks

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeh fuck all the tests out there

I’m staying

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yeh fuck all the tests out there

I’m staying"

Nice one glad to hear it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Fed up with certain personal comments you get on here, last posting, shutting down the profile

Sometimes we have to change things for our own benefit not the benefit of others..

But OP "here be dragons." They come in many forms many are angry sad lost unhappy or have other issues in their lives. Some vent those issues in public or private by attacking anyone who is in the line of fire often with no logic at all behind their comments. We don't have to say the dragons just avoiding them is often enough.

You are not the first here recently to either go or threaten to go. But the fact that so many are leaving the forums and fab should make us all question why and what part our own interactions with others contribute to the losing of so many forumites....

Whatever your choice OP I wish you good luck"

Brilliantly put

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m staying"

Good on you... This will piss the "bullies" off... It screws with their over inflated sense of importance if you think bollocks to them and not them win.

I know. Been there several times.x

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m staying

Good on you... This will piss the "bullies" off... It screws with their over inflated sense of importance if you think bollocks to them and not them win.

I know. Been there several times.x"

Lidl?

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

I’m staying"

Shocker.

Reply privately

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I’m staying

Shocker."

Reply privately

By *tonMessCouple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

Hormonal or what?

Reply privately

By *eziahWoman
over a year ago

Hull

I'll take narcacissm reluctantly without argument, I hope it's not the case though "

That you've carried this over to your own circumstance does display an extent of narcissism, that's not to say that there isn't a degree of such to anyone posting in the forums though, myself included. And is no way meant in any derogatory way.

Your example is an interesting one, and also highlights how differently people use platforms such as facebook, particularly when at a point of emotional need.

Did you consider that people who may care about you may simply have not read that particular post? A lot of people read feeds irregularly, and don't check in on people on an individual basis.

You may have culled people who were busy at work, with friends, not online for some reason at the time for seeming not to care. The times that we feel the need to shout the loudest are not necessarily the times that the people who would listen are around.

As to the marital break-up, well people can find it hard to know how to respond to such things (I didn't see your posts obs, I don't know how they were written). Sometimes it feels easier to respond with silence rather than to risk saying the wrong thing.

Facebook I feel is best kept to those who you actually hug and tell this shit to in real life, or would were they not distanced from you in some way. Either that or just stick to posting pictures of your dinner.

Reply privately

over a year ago

A couple of points :

1) It’s just pixels on a screen, don’t let random strangers on an Internet sex forum dictate your happiness and well being! Let things wash over you!

2) Before rage-quitting (which invariably is quickly followed the next day by regret and remorse and usually an instant rejoin), maybe hide your profile for a bit, log off for a few days, and then if you STILL feel the same way, then delete your profile!

Seriously, Fab should be fun! Like they say on the gambling ads, if the fun stops, stop!

Reply privately

over a year ago

God some people!!!

Not attention seeking at all thanks

"

That comment caused me to rant on the forum as it was so offensive and unnecessary.

Or maybe I posted so I could get someone to look at my profile and shag me. Who knows?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'll take narcacissm reluctantly without argument, I hope it's not the case though

That you've carried this over to your own circumstance does display an extent of narcissism, that's not to say that there isn't a degree of such to anyone posting in the forums though, myself included. And is no way meant in any derogatory way.

Your example is an interesting one, and also highlights how differently people use platforms such as facebook, particularly when at a point of emotional need.

Did you consider that people who may care about you may simply have not read that particular post? A lot of people read feeds irregularly, and don't check in on people on an individual basis.

You may have culled people who were busy at work, with friends, not online for some reason at the time for seeming not to care. The times that we feel the need to shout the loudest are not necessarily the times that the people who would listen are around.

As to the marital break-up, well people can find it hard to know how to respond to such things (I didn't see your posts obs, I don't know how they were written). Sometimes it feels easier to respond with silence rather than to risk saying the wrong thing.

Facebook I feel is best kept to those who you actually hug and tell this shit to in real life, or would were they not distanced from you in some way. Either that or just stick to posting pictures of your dinner.

"

I'd agree with pretty much everything you said.

Bit about irregularity is right.. but I had considered it.. it's over the course of many years.. not one.

I think I have some "Look at me" Charecteristics - Thanks for having the guts to point it out After id asked.

I'll try to keep a lid on that as best I can I'm not like this in person I hope Wouldn't go round a club commenting on everyone's conversations Forum kind of asks you to a bit.

Anyway.. I'm taking over a thread so I'll shut up and back off

I hope you come back OP... Being a little narcissistic isn't the end of the World "There be Dragons" Was a brilliant phrase.. get some fire proof armour on and get cracking talking to the dwarves, Goblins, wizards and elves.

Reply privately

over a year ago

" Hormonal or what? "

No it’s called depression

And unless you have suffered it, you would not understand how emotional you get!

It’s a very difficult thing to deal with, I don’t want to go back on medication so am doing the best I can to sort myself out .

Reply privately

over a year ago

" Hormonal or what?

And unless you have suffered it, you would not understand how emotional you get!

It’s a very difficult thing to deal with, I don’t want to go back on medication so am doing the best I can to sort myself out ."

I'm sorry to hear that. Don't go unless this place makes it worse.. take some time out.. and avoid reacting to the monstrous.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Fed up with certain personal comments you get on here, last posting, shutting down the profile

Whatever your choice OP I wish you good luck"

Reply privately

over a year ago

" Hormonal or what?

It’s a very difficult thing to deal with, I don’t want to go back on medication so am doing the best I can to sort myself out ."

Good to see you’ve regained a degree of equanimity. I’ve enjoyed your contribution to the forum and for one I’m glad you’ve stayed. Don’t let those fighting with their own demons allow those demons to possess you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

" Hormonal or what?

It’s a very difficult thing to deal with, I don’t want to go back on medication so am doing the best I can to sort myself out .

Good to see you’ve regained a degree of equanimity. I’ve enjoyed your contribution to the forum and for one I’m glad you’ve stayed. Don’t let those fighting with their own demons allow those demons to possess you."

I like your posts too OP. I think you're interesting. Keep fighting. x

Reply privately

over a year ago

" Hormonal or what?

It’s a very difficult thing to deal with, I don’t want to go back on medication so am doing the best I can to sort myself out . I'm sorry to hear that. Don't go unless this place makes it worse.. take some time out.. and avoid reacting to the monstrous."

Thanks

Reply privately

over a year ago

" Hormonal or what?

Good to see you’ve regained a degree of equanimity. I’ve enjoyed your contribution to the forum and for one I’m glad you’ve stayed. Don’t let those fighting with their own demons allow those demons to possess you."

Reply privately

over a year ago

" Hormonal or what?

Good to see you’ve regained a degree of equanimity. I’ve enjoyed your contribution to the forum and for one I’m glad you’ve stayed. Don’t let those fighting with their own demons allow those demons to possess you.

I like your posts too OP. I think you're interesting. Keep fighting. x"

Thanks I appreciate the comments x

Reply privately