Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

To polite?

Jump to newest

By *urvyhornygirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

hull

Is it possible to too polite?

I was blocked twice yesterday for saying thanks but you're not for me by a couple and a single guy!

I tried to be nice and reply when they had msgd me and still got abuse back and then a block so not even a right of reply.

I'm now wondering is there any point in trying to be polite? X

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Firstly they could of blocked you so they didnt make the mistake of messaging you again.

If they where rude and blocked you take no notice.

I rarely send out no thankyou messages unless they really have put an effort into the message.

Thing is if you reply some think they are in with a chance

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I wouldn't sweat it after all you were nice enough to give a reply which is more then some people do and if they did block you then surely thats a good thing that you don't have to converse with them anymore.

By *ittlemorespiceCouple
over a year ago

North Cornwall

"Is it possible to too polite?

I was blocked twice yesterday for saying thanks but you're not for me by a couple and a single guy!

I tried to be nice and reply when they had msgd me and still got abuse back and then a block so not even a right of reply.

I'm now wondering is there any point in trying to be polite? X "

Firstly why do you care if you are not interested, secondly it was prob so that they remembered not to mail you again and thirdly how do you know? Once I say no thanks I dont check their profile out or try to mail them further. Odd

By *laphe1Man
over a year ago

Huddersfield

I have experienced the same,but don't lose your manners ,politeness or sleep over it.Some people are too full of themselves ,manners cost nowt

over a year ago

hull

After how they behaved I would never want to speak to them again never mind play with them.

Is just so annoying to be verbally abused by someone in that way and have no right of reply.

Maybe I took it to heart too much but it's the first time it's happened to me on here n I probably have let it get to me to much. :-S

Sorry but I had to vent my unhappiness somewhere. X

By *ittlemorespiceCouple
over a year ago

North Cornwall

"After how they behaved I would never want to speak to them again never mind play with them.

Is just so annoying to be verbally abused by someone in that way and have no right of reply.

Maybe I took it to heart too much but it's the first time it's happened to me on here n I probably have let it get to me to much. :-S

Ah now I get it! Didnt know they were abusive! Yes that is annoying but really you have to feel a little sorry for them. Cant be easy being them. Happens to everyone at some time or another. Im afraid there are plenty of people on here who are a little nuts!

Sorry but I had to vent my unhappiness somewhere. X"

over a year ago

hull

Firstly why do you care if you are not interested, secondly it was prob so that they remembered not to mail you again and thirdly how do you know? Once I say no thanks I dont check their profile out or try to mail them further. Odd "

When I received their msg I tried to send one back explaining why they weren't for me n then discovered I was blocked.

Thank you for your advice that they may not have wanted to bother me anymore tho- but in these two cases I think that may not be true.

But as you said I won't lose sleep about it X

By *ittlemorespiceCouple
over a year ago

North Cornwall

Firstly why do you care if you are not interested, secondly it was prob so that they remembered not to mail you again and thirdly how do you know? Once I say no thanks I dont check their profile out or try to mail them further. Odd

When I received their msg I tried to send one back explaining why they weren't for me n then discovered I was blocked.

Thank you for your advice that they may not have wanted to bother me anymore tho- but in these two cases I think that may not be true.

But as you said I won't lose sleep about it X"

Exactly. Number one rule is... peoples actions say everything about them... not you. People who cant handle rejection, should not be on a swingers site. Report anyone who is abusive... even though nothing seems to be done about it it probably will make you feel better. x

over a year ago

But as you said I won't lose sleep about it X"

Sounds like you are , you had explained they were not for you so why would you want to message them again , strange ?

Drop it and move on

over a year ago

hull

But as you said I won't lose sleep about it X

Exactly. Number one rule is... peoples actions say everything about them... not you. People who cant handle rejection, should not be on a swingers site. Report anyone who is abusive... even though nothing seems to be done about it it probably will make you feel better. x"

Thank you, you have just reinforced what I thought but being a daft lass didn't do before.

Cheers for the good advice X

By *unessexblMan
over a year ago

Colchester

As a bloke I get ignored messages but personally if you had replied to me saying. No thanks not my type you always get one further message that then says " thanks for letting me know, have fun"

You can never be too polite.

By *stwoCouple
over a year ago

anywhere

we often block people who send us a polite refusal.it is not to be rude but to make sure we dont pester them at a later date by sending them an unwanted message.

over a year ago

i have on my profile "if i dont reply please dont be offended just not my type" since i put that on ive only had a couple of guys contact me who werent my type. i just block so they dont contact me again by mistake.

over a year ago

"Firstly they could of blocked you so they didnt make the mistake of messaging you again.

If they where rude and blocked you take no notice.

I rarely send out no thankyou messages unless they really have put an effort into the message.

Thing is if you reply some think they are in with a chance"

A woman after my own heart!

over a year ago

"i have on my profile "if i dont reply please dont be offended just not my type" since i put that on ive only had a couple of guys contact me who werent my type. i just block so they dont contact me again by mistake.

"

When visible, my profile says something similar. In fact it advises against contacting me at all if they don't meet my criteria as I'll simply delete without reading.

I have to admit I don't understand the angst some people experience being blocked by people they have no intention of meeting...job done, surely?

over a year ago

Nothing wrong with being polite,that also happens to me and it's better than being ignorant!

over a year ago

I block those who send me unsolicited one-liner messages or winks/friends invites who clearly have not read my profile.

Saves us the time and effort in replying when I have no intention of meeting them.

It also means I have indicated clearly I am not interested in them, ever.

Post new Message to Thread