Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Like tinder?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Going off the statuses I read from lots of women saying they get thousands of messages and cannot get through them all which is understandable, would women prefer this site to follow tinders way of communicating so they do not receive messages unless they like the profiles they read?

Ladies let me know your thoughts?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They have that option. They can filter out messages from everyone and message those that take their fancy.

over a year ago

We can already do that by searching for myself.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

No, absolutely not.

over a year ago

"They have that option. They can filter out messages from everyone and message those that take their fancy. "

Ah yes that's true, so why doesn't the women that get too many messages just do that?

over a year ago

"No, absolutely not.

"

Do you filter out people? Or just let it build up?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"They have that option. They can filter out messages from everyone and message those that take their fancy.

Ah yes that's true, so why doesn't the women that get too many messages just do that? "

Because:

a) they don't realise they can filter

b) they don't want to search

c) they want the attention

d) they want to put up a status that lets everyone know how popular they are (which then garners more attention)

e) they can.

over a year ago

"They have that option. They can filter out messages from everyone and message those that take their fancy.

Ah yes that's true, so why doesn't the women that get too many messages just do that?

Because:

d) they want to put up a status that lets everyone know how popular they are (which then garners more attention)

e) they can.

"

Well said

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"No, absolutely not.

Do you filter out people? Or just let it build up? "

I'm old, fat, not blonde and white, straight, rarely have explicit pictures, never have face pictures up and have been here a while. When my profile is open I get a handful of FAF messages and that's about it.

over a year ago

Because:

e) they can.

"

(f) aren't women

over a year ago

No, there are plenty of message filters already. XXX

over a year ago

You’ll find that people of Fab, no matter how much they complain, wouldnt change Fab for anything.

It’s the perfect website and does everything that they could possibly want and it will stay like this for ever any never be outdated

But they’ll bitch about it none the less

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Because:

e) they can.

(f) aren't women"

I knew I'd forgotten one.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

If anyone likes tinder then they can use tinder...

But what's the point of trying to turn fab into a poor copy of something else OP?

over a year ago

Fabfaceinstagrindtwitbookagramsnaptinumblr.com

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Because:

e) they can.

(f) aren't women

I knew I'd forgotten one. "

Or (zzzz) we're open to being messaged by people who may actually match our interests and can converse intelligently, and so, we use the few filters Fab has made available to us, and leave our mailboxes accessible in the hope that amongst all the 'junk' messages we get, there might be one from someone worthwhile

over a year ago

Whats a tinder

over a year ago

"If anyone likes tinder then they can use tinder...

But what's the point of trying to turn fab into a poor copy of something else OP?"

Fair point

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Whats a tinder"

A flammable material used for lighting a fire.

over a year ago

I'm on Tinder and Fab but think that really what I need is a halfway house between the two. Feel bad on Tinder cos I don't want to deceive that I'm looking for a relationship and bad on here that I'm not a bone fide swinger! However I much prefer it on here as people are more open and to the point about sex and everything else, so less time wasted with niceties/fakeness and I think, personally, more chance of hooking up with a like-minded person x

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I'm on Tinder and Fab but think that really what I need is a halfway house between the two. Feel bad on Tinder cos I don't want to deceive that I'm looking for a relationship and bad on here that I'm not a bone fide swinger! However I much prefer it on here as people are more open and to the point about sex and everything else, so less time wasted with niceties/fakeness and I think, personally, more chance of hooking up with a like-minded person x"

I know people who met their spouses on Tinder and on here. It all starts with a first meeting, doesn't it?

over a year ago

"I'm on Tinder and Fab but think that really what I need is a halfway house between the two. Feel bad on Tinder cos I don't want to deceive that I'm looking for a relationship and bad on here that I'm not a bone fide swinger! However I much prefer it on here as people are more open and to the point about sex and everything else, so less time wasted with niceties/fakeness and I think, personally, more chance of hooking up with a like-minded person x

I know people who met their spouses on Tinder and on here. It all starts with a first meeting, doesn't it?

"

Totally yeah, I just like that on here folk can be more straight to the point. On tinder it's all "hi how was your day" when prob neither party care lol. Regardless of site tho meeting in person is different, if there's a connection, there's a connection - just feel this site is more efficient for ruling out where it's not gonna work lol. I have friends who strongly believe hold back on sex as long as possible and I just think nah, too much time wasted before you find out it doesn't click in bed! X

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

I think it's quite a good idea - that way I could be sure I was messaging someone who was likley to be interested.

I like Tinder for this very reason.

By *lirtyfun!!Woman
over a year ago

Epsom

"I'm on Tinder and Fab but think that really what I need is a halfway house between the two. Feel bad on Tinder cos I don't want to deceive that I'm looking for a relationship and bad on here that I'm not a bone fide swinger! However I much prefer it on here as people are more open and to the point about sex and everything else, so less time wasted with niceties/fakeness and I think, personally, more chance of hooking up with a like-minded person x"

I kind of feel similar in terms of wanting a half way house, but it's more that I do want a relationship, I just want a guy who's ok with the fact I enjoy sex and one who'd be happy with me continuing to date/have sex with other people. And I'd be fine with that just being girls. And I'd be OK with him fucking other girls too (with established boundaries).

It genuinely seems to me that it should be the perfect relationship for everyone involved, but I haven't been able to get it to happen so far for some reason!

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"I'm on Tinder and Fab but think that really what I need is a halfway house between the two. Feel bad on Tinder cos I don't want to deceive that I'm looking for a relationship and bad on here that I'm not a bone fide swinger! However I much prefer it on here as people are more open and to the point about sex and everything else, so less time wasted with niceties/fakeness and I think, personally, more chance of hooking up with a like-minded person x

I kind of feel similar in terms of wanting a half way house, but it's more that I do want a relationship, I just want a guy who's ok with the fact I enjoy sex and one who'd be happy with me continuing to date/have sex with other people. And I'd be fine with that just being girls. And I'd be OK with him fucking other girls too (with established boundaries).

It genuinely seems to me that it should be the perfect relationship for everyone involved, but I haven't been able to get it to happen so far for some reason!"

I don't even mention this part of my life to people I'm dating anymore. The simple fact is that most people find swingers/swinging disgusting. I accept that if I find someone for a proper relationship, I'll vanish from here.

By *lirtyfun!!Woman
over a year ago

Epsom

[Removed by poster at 09/02/18 21:31:53]

By *lirtyfun!!Woman
over a year ago

Epsom

It genuinely seems to me that it should be the perfect relationship for everyone involved, but I haven't been able to get it to happen so far for some reason!

I don't even mention this part of my life to people I'm dating anymore. The simple fact is that most people find swingers/swinging disgusting. I accept that if I find someone for a proper relationship, I'll vanish from here. "

See, I'm not sure if I could have a 'normal' relationship now.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

I don't even mention this part of my life to people I'm dating anymore. The simple fact is that most people find swingers/swinging disgusting. I accept that if I find someone for a proper relationship, I'll vanish from here. "

I keep ending up with people who find others with whom to have a relationship and then become swingers and have a great time. I'm doing something wrong.

over a year ago

It genuinely seems to me that it should be the perfect relationship for everyone involved, but I haven't been able to get it to happen so far for some reason!"

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

I don't even mention this part of my life to people I'm dating anymore. The simple fact is that most people find swingers/swinging disgusting. I accept that if I find someone for a proper relationship, I'll vanish from here.

See, I'm not sure if I could have a 'normal' relationship now."

Well, I'm not sure if I could, but possibly not for "swinging" reasons; but more because I value utterly different things to most people I meet on the dating scene (or; I'm odd).

over a year ago

See, I'm not sure if I could have a 'normal' relationship now.

Well, I'm not sure if I could, but possibly not for "swinging" reasons; but more because I value utterly different things to most people I meet on the dating scene (or; I'm odd). "

Feel it might be a bit of a double edged sword for me in that someone in a proper relationship with me would get the benefit of a more confident, adventurous me because of fab experiences but I might also get bored more easily! So we'd need to be on the same wavelength roughly. Not on the lookout for a relationship just now though so will just cross that bridge when it comes lol x

Post new Message to Thread