Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Power banks on Planes

Jump to newest

By *LCC OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Yay or nay to taking a 22400mAh/82.8Wh power bank on a plane? Flying UK to Doha to Burma.

I'm sure there must be some frequent flyers amongst you sexy people

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *orthern BeardMan
over a year ago

Prestom

You can so long as it’s in your hand luggage and not your checked bag

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've taken power banks on planes many times. Take it in your carry on luggage and it shouldn't be an issue. If it's in your checked luggage you may run into problems.

over a year ago

"Yay or nay to taking a 22400mAh/82.8Wh power bank on a plane? Flying UK to Doha to Burma.

I'm sure there must be some frequent flyers amongst you sexy people "

check out the website for your carrier ... they tend to differ

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Most long haul airlines these days have seat back USB ports (even in econonomy) you can use for charging too so might be worth checking if yours does OP

By *LCC OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Most long haul airlines these days have seat back USB ports (even in econonomy) you can use for charging too so might be worth checking if yours does OP "

Yeah, but they might get pissed off if leave a cable plugged in to the plane as I travel around Burma

By *LCC OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Most long haul airlines these days have seat back USB ports (even in econonomy) you can use for charging too so might be worth checking if yours does OP

Yeah, but they might get pissed off if leave a cable plugged in to the plane as I travel around Burma "

And the cable might not stretch that far!

over a year ago

just buy one when you get there ... it'll be about 20 pence

By *LCC OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"just buy one when you get there ... it'll be about 20 pence"

And last 20 seconds, I've already got one, I don't want to buy another, and then have to leave it there.

over a year ago

"just buy one when you get there ... it'll be about 20 pence

And last 20 seconds, I've already got one, I don't want to buy another, and then have to leave it there."

i not bought a duff one abroad yet tbf ... or sim card for that matter ... but suit yourself

By *nlovedpaulMan
over a year ago

stone

Only place I have seen a restriction on powerbanks was Thailand, and that as going through security. You could have a maximum of 2 x 32000 mah batteries.

I expect if you are flying via Doha it’s qatar Airways who I think have a restriction of 100,000 mah in total in hand luggage only.

So you will be fine, hand luggage only, if you check them in good chance you won’t see them again

By *G LanaTV/TS
over a year ago

Gosport

The official FAA (Federal Aviation Authority) guidance for lithium ion batteries is that they are to be carried as hand luggage and no larger than 100 W.h. Then their website goes on to say some carriers will allow upto 160 W.h batteries but this will require prior approval by the airline.

The CAA (UK regulator) rules are better hidden in their messy website but is essentially the same.

By *mojeeCouple
over a year ago

Dunfermline

If you're going that far surely the entertainment system has a usb port for you to charge your phone. At least on every long haul flight I've done the have.

By *G LanaTV/TS
over a year ago

Gosport

The plane may have but there is no guarantee that it will work. I suffered a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Heathrow with electrical faults in the ecconomy cabin meaning that the only electrical systems working in that section of the cabin was the emergency lighting.

By *ammyDodgaMan
over a year ago

Nottingham/and everywhere my location says i am ;)

Top tip for travelling.. Take many cables.. You’ll lose em. Parts of mine all over Central America

By *LCC OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"If you're going that far surely the entertainment system has a usb port for you to charge your phone. At least on every long haul flight I've done the have. "

I want the bank for when I am on holiday, not for when I'm on the plane.

Post new Message to Thread