Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Forgotten...hello!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

No this isn’t a look at me post but kind of a fuck it, ranty, bollocking what’s the fucking point of social media?!

I use social media like facefuck to keep in contact with my friends and family, I only have people on my friends this that I have met more than once and consider them friends (or ‘distant’ friends), for the past I don’t know 6 months or so I find myself asking why I am on any of these so called social media platforms because there is naff all social about them, damn it even the fuckers don’t even look at my social media account by the looks of it, why are a large percentage of us slaves to social media? Heck I have more conversations and actual interactions with people on here than with the people that actually know me.

I deleted facefuck a month or so back and not one single person noticed I was gone the only reason I got it back was because of the Wedding and that’s how I get in touch with some people but after the wedding I am seriously considering deleting all my accounts and going ‘off grid’. What gets my goat is I will post something about me being not well, or something that I find really funny and I know others will (not everyone) but no one looks at it but yet you got other people that will post a picture of their cat and everyone’s over that like a rash.

Anyone else ever done the whole delete all accounts and have you felt better about life? Have you achieved things you might not have done because of all these apps we have on our phones?

Geeky x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Yes this is my only social media. Oh and pinterest if that counts. Just not that interested in other people's everyday shite and I'm already in touch with everyone I want to be

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Never use social media never have till i got on here

over a year ago

I keep a business page open on faceachetwittbookthingyagramsnapkikapp. That's about it. Aside from that, I'm pretty much a non-entity on the tinterweb.

over a year ago

"Yes this is my only social media. Oh and pinterest if that counts. Just not that interested in other people's everyday shite and I'm already in touch with everyone I want to be "

Hear, hear, you've said it for me.

over a year ago

Geeky I get your point.

I feel the same, and I may close mine as you say there’s naff all sociable about it.

By *aenMan
over a year ago

Here and There

Facebook is just an advertising channel. All that they do is designed to suck you in and keep you there so they can track your browsing habits and serve up ads as a result.

I know some people who think the internet is facebook

Delete and block Facebook I think

over a year ago

I only really use Facebook & Instagram to share my photography and adult colouring nowadays.

over a year ago

"Facebook is just an advertising channel. All that they do is designed to suck you in and keep you there so they can track your browsing habits and serve up ads as a result.

Delete and block Facebook I think "

It creeps me out that everytime I search something on google instantly it comes up on my Facebook.

I like it because you get to see pictures as now no one develops pictures anymore but that’s about it, I don’t find it useful anymore, the selling pages are good for when you need something but I don’t think it’s of any use other than that.

Thanks guys, I think once the wedding is out the way it’s time for a clear out, out with the old and in with the new, who knows I might even have time for a hobby or two and meet new people.

Thanks again x

over a year ago

"No this isn’t a look at me post but kind of a fuck it, ranty, bollocking what’s the fucking point of social media?!

I use social media like facefuck to keep in contact with my friends and family, I only have people on my friends this that I have met more than once and consider them friends (or ‘distant’ friends), for the past I don’t know 6 months or so I find myself asking why I am on any of these so called social media platforms because there is naff all social about them, damn it even the fuckers don’t even look at my social media account by the looks of it, why are a large percentage of us slaves to social media? Heck I have more conversations and actual interactions with people on here than with the people that actually know me.

I deleted facefuck a month or so back and not one single person noticed I was gone the only reason I got it back was because of the Wedding and that’s how I get in touch with some people but after the wedding I am seriously considering deleting all my accounts and going ‘off grid’. What gets my goat is I will post something about me being not well, or something that I find really funny and I know others will (not everyone) but no one looks at it but yet you got other people that will post a picture of their cat and everyone’s over that like a rash.

Anyone else ever done the whole delete all accounts and have you felt better about life? Have you achieved things you might not have done because of all these apps we have on our phones?

Geeky x "

I don't have Facebook I've found it intrusive so deleted it

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I would say as a general rule that if anything that isn't compulsory is causing you stress or upset, get rid.

over a year ago

"I would say as a general rule that if anything that isn't compulsory is causing you stress or upset, get rid. "

Totally agree with you on this.

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"No this isn’t a look at me post but kind of a fuck it, ranty, bollocking what’s the fucking point of social media?!

Geeky x "

I’m on Facebook for one reason only which is a hobby I do and need updates on news/classes I attend. I don’t accept friends and would delete if it wasn’t for the hobby. I agree about not being noticed on Facebook. It’s a terrible site.

over a year ago

"I would say as a general rule that if anything that isn't compulsory is causing you stress or upset, get rid. "

I was going to write that it doesn’t but actually if I’m honest, it rather does, sometimes it feels like school all over again if that makes sense? You can tell who the cool kids were at school to their activity they get on their accounts to yours. I do find myself wondering a lot the past few months why do we put ourselves through this? Stupid really!! Thanks for commenting xx

over a year ago

I love social media. I was basically agoraphobic for nearly a decade. Facebook and twitter stopped me from being completely isolated. Couldn't have people in my home, couldn't go out, couldn't even chat on the phone or text but I could read other peoples updates etc. Now I'm well enough to go out to work etc I've used it to apply for work, search for work and meet new people. It has its cons too but overall I think it has potential lol

over a year ago

Geeky x

I’m on Facebook for one reason only which is a hobby I do and need updates on news/classes I attend. I don’t accept friends and would delete if it wasn’t for the hobby. I agree about not being noticed on Facebook. It’s a terrible site. "

I belong to a lot of Wedding pages at the moment and such so it’s been useful for ideas for the wedding, Ads is friends with almost everyone I am that I’m actually bothered about (like family) so I wouldn’t miss their pictures they upload, all my ‘work friends’ (always vowed I would never have work friends on faceduck again) never ever comment or like anything so I just think your doing this for gossip...think the restricted list might be in order for the forseeable future lol.

X

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I would say as a general rule that if anything that isn't compulsory is causing you stress or upset, get rid.

I was going to write that it doesn’t but actually if I’m honest, it rather does, sometimes it feels like school all over again if that makes sense? You can tell who the cool kids were at school to their activity they get on their accounts to yours. I do find myself wondering a lot the past few months why do we put ourselves through this? Stupid really!! Thanks for commenting xx"

Everyone on the whole of Facebook gets more activity on their account than I do. Mr N and one of my kids notice my posts but nobody else does.

over a year ago

"I would say as a general rule that if anything that isn't compulsory is causing you stress or upset, get rid.

I was going to write that it doesn’t but actually if I’m honest, it rather does, sometimes it feels like school all over again if that makes sense? You can tell who the cool kids were at school to their activity they get on their accounts to yours. I do find myself wondering a lot the past few months why do we put ourselves through this? Stupid really!! Thanks for commenting xx

Everyone on the whole of Facebook gets more activity on their account than I do. Mr N and one of my kids notice my posts but nobody else does.

"

It’s since they updated it and now you have to manually ‘show recent’, ads didn’t even know about it until I showed him, if I don’t do it I get posts from last Monday! They haven’t changed it for the better in my opinion.

I’ve just put all my work colleagues (ones that never interact with me anyway) on the old restricted list. Plus got rid of some others that have creeped on to my friends list that never interact, feel better already to be honest. Lol

By *aenMan
over a year ago

Here and There

"Facebook is just an advertising channel. All that they do is designed to suck you in and keep you there so they can track your browsing habits and serve up ads as a result.

Delete and block Facebook I think

It creeps me out that everytime I search something on google instantly it comes up on my Facebook.

I like it because you get to see pictures as now no one develops pictures anymore but that’s about it, I don’t find it useful anymore, the selling pages are good for when you need something but I don’t think it’s of any use other than that.

Thanks guys, I think once the wedding is out the way it’s time for a clear out, out with the old and in with the new, who knows I might even have time for a hobby or two and meet new people.

Thanks again x"

I browse in private mode or use a browser like Firefox focus that does a better job of dealing with ad tracking networks.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It’s since they updated it and now you have to manually ‘show recent’, ads didn’t even know about it until I showed him, if I don’t do it I get posts from last Monday! They haven’t changed it for the better in my opinion.

I’ve just put all my work colleagues (ones that never interact with me anyway) on the old restricted list. Plus got rid of some others that have creeped on to my friends list that never interact, feel better already to be honest. Lol"

Good.

I think once you realise that social media and the internet as a whole is a tool that you control rather than the other way round it becomes a much nicer experience

over a year ago

I like Facebook. I use it for local news and updates. It works great for me. Good for keeping an eye on people too.

over a year ago

I use Face ache for keeping in contact with relatives and nosing on people I can't be arsed to speak too in real life.

I cannot bear these people with;

#pouty faces! Wtf... Like you walk about with a gob pursed like a cat's bumhole

#snapchat filters!! Just way out creepy! Your eyes aren't that big! Nor do you have rabbit fucking ears... have a word

#pictures of their food! Yes, it's a plate of food... didn't you feel like a grade A cock womble for taking that picture!

#these attention seeking "ooh I feel so angry" etc fucking blah! And the comments 's'up' - "DM me".

Wtf bitch! Spill so we can all read what's rustling your jimmies!! If shit is going down, we want to know!

And these witchhunt posts on the free for sale pages "to the owner of/person who" oh do fuck off... Nobody other than your gossip mongering cronies give a shit.

Arguments are funny. Honestly if your sad enough to start shit over social media then you deserve to be lolled at.

over a year ago

I have Facebook purely for the on this day feature I like looking back on old memories and I’m not much of a picture taker so most pictures I see come from Geeky or my family other than that I pretty much stay away

Ads

By *s_bettyboopWoman
over a year ago

Got rid of Facebook 8 years ago,best thing I ever did! Dont have any social media except this.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I'm a cave man. I can't type fast enough on here

And will never be found on any other social media than fab...

over a year ago

My family use Facepoop a lot for keeping in contact and sharing pics and videos. All the click bait stuff is a tad irksome but easily ignored.

over a year ago

Facebook is just a minefield of seeing what friends (worse relatives) you have that a xenophobes or bigots.

It's terrible, I'm currently down to only checking it ever other hour....

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I like Facebook. I use it for local news and updates. It works great for me. Good for keeping an eye on people too. "

Yup. I use mine to keep up with all the dances and gigs and who's going where among my friends and a few old college buddies in my REAL social life!!

I would never add people from fab or from work, and any dance 'acquaintances' are kept on restricted.

I don't like the way fb tries to worm it's way into your online privacy, but other than that it's a just a tool to be used to your advantage.

over a year ago

I still keep Facebook account but rarely look at it these days. I keep it as it has a few useful contacts, and it's useful for keeping those that like my music notified when I've put up something new.

Other than that, this is probably the only place I look at these days.

Mr Boson

Post new Message to Thread