Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is not telling the same as a "lie" ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

After all it’s too easy then to say.. "well you didn't ask me"

hmmm just a thought but would be interested in different points of view on this one.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

not telling what? your location for example?

over a year ago

Its a deception in my book and unless its a genuine "I forgot" then i think its as out of order as a lie personally xx

over a year ago

"not telling what? your location for example? "

Well I was thinking more as an example of omitting to say about circumstances but location is equally relevant.

over a year ago

"Its a deception in my book and unless its a genuine "I forgot" then i think its as out of order as a lie personally xx"

It is a difficult one. You do have to take into account sometimes people forget about things but some thinks like if say you have no car or a dog are not easy to forget.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"After all it’s too easy then to say.. "well you didn't ask me"

hmmm just a thought but would be interested in different points of view on this one.

"

It depends,i dont tell kev what happens with my Master,we both see it as private,and he has no interest in knowing anything other than i am happy.

However he always knows when we meet,otherwise would be deception.

Not telling can be respecting privacy,or an excuse for a lie.

over a year ago

"Its a deception in my book and unless its a genuine "I forgot" then i think its as out of order as a lie personally xx

It is a difficult one. You do have to take into account sometimes people forget about things but some thinks like if say you have no car or a dog are not easy to forget."

Oh i see we were at crossed purposes here i was thinking along the lines of someone close fa instance "forgetting" to tell you something xx

over a year ago

"Its a deception in my book and unless its a genuine "I forgot" then i think its as out of order as a lie personally xx

It is a difficult one. You do have to take into account sometimes people forget about things but some thinks like if say you have no car or a dog are not easy to forget.

Oh i see we were at crossed purposes here i was thinking along the lines of someone close fa instance "forgetting" to tell you something xx "

That happens too, I was told once by a college his wife had filed for divorce but failed to inform him till the documents arrived.

By *ornwall-maleMan
over a year ago

newquay

its a fine line really. depends what it is. i wouldnt tell a best friend that her ex was maybe calling here names etc. but do you tell a friend there partner is having an affair? there are so many situations where you would and wouldnt tell someone something.

over a year ago

" but do you tell a friend there partner is having an affair? "

I would

By *ngieandMrManCouple
over a year ago

hereford

OP...

It's simply for YOU to decide if you have been deceived with intent for gain to another party.

Equally one should not assume things to be so just because they want something to be so.

Example...

Guy had a girlfriend for say one month. He 'assumes' girlfriends should be faithful and gets upset when he finds out in week 4 that she fucked another guy in week 2.

Has she been unfaithful? Only IF she promised she wouldn't have sex with anyone else, not really his place to 'assume' faithfulness.

However if at day one the guy makes it very clear that he wants his girlfriend to be totally faithful and she has no intentions of being so then it would be deceitful not to tell him that she may not be faithful to him. By keeping silent its allowing a lie to manifest.

For an outsider to such a thing as unfaithfulness then its not an issue unless you are part of the problem because you cannot know for sure, so 'minding your own business' would be the best option.

So it just comes back around to the same thing, has someone deceived you 'with intent' and was the intent for good or bad.

"Does this skirt make my bum look big?"

a, "No it looks great" a lie perhaps but with good intentions.

b, "Yes, it does make it look fat" Honest, but perhaps cruel to be kind.

c, "No, its your fucking great fat arse that makes it look fat because it is!"... there is such a thing as being too honest! Time for a sharp exit

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

if you are changing something on here that is then untrue to then increase yout chances of a meet then that is "deception by omission"...

the classic cases of that that we see here is people changing there sexuality "bi to straight" and vice versa.... and people leaving out that they are married/have a partner

there is a difference between little white lies and something that would alter decisions....

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

"

"Does this skirt make my bum look big?"

a, "No it looks great" a lie perhaps but with good intentions.

b, "Yes, it does make it look fat" Honest, but perhaps cruel to be kind.

c, "No, its your fucking great fat arse that makes it look fat because it is!"... there is such a thing as being too honest! Time for a sharp exit "

And of course the correct answer if you think it makes her look fat but just want to meake her feel good.

"Oh, that is very nice but it just doesn't do you justice, have you got/seen something else to try?

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Oh i see we were at crossed purposes here i was thinking along the lines of someone close fa instance "forgetting" to tell you something xx "

oh fuck... what have I "forgotten" now??

over a year ago

If you don't say something it can't be a lie...

The political term is economical with the truth.

over a year ago

"

...."Oh, that is very nice but it just doesn't do you justice, have you got/seen something else to try?

"

I'm using that one

over a year ago

If its relevant to swinging then it would be a factor ie, accommodating but failing to say they have a lodger who also lives there, but if its not relevant to swinging and a personal thing then no, its none of anyones business

over a year ago

Were you watching 'Rules of Engagement' yesterday? Guy code, right?

over a year ago

Yes, its called lying by omission.

Post new Message to Thread