Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Smell of nostalgia

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hey good people. Is it just me or when you smell a certain perfume or scent on a person, does it remind you of past memories that have taken you to a nice or naughty place?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Hey good people. Is it just me or when you smell a certain perfume or scent on a person, does it remind you of past memories that have taken you to a nice or naughty place?"

I used to work as an Activities Co-ordinator in a Nursing home.. we used smell therapy to reignite old memories and feelings.. works great with people with medium levels of dementia. So you're not alone.

The smell of Tequila brings back nightmarish, horrific memories every time.

over a year ago

"Hey good people. Is it just me or when you smell a certain perfume or scent on a person, does it remind you of past memories that have taken you to a nice or naughty place?

I used to work as an Activities Co-ordinator in a Nursing home.. we used smell therapy to reignite old memories and feelings.. works great with people with medium levels of dementia. So you're not alone.

The smell of Tequila brings back nightmarish, horrific memories every time."

Pissing myself here

over a year ago

I smelled what I thought was Polo and it took me back to my days before I got married. I was seeing someone for a short time who wore.

over a year ago

"Hey good people. Is it just me or when you smell a certain perfume or scent on a person, does it remind you of past memories that have taken you to a nice or naughty place?"
smell of disinfectant pensil books rubber reminds me of primary school.

over a year ago

Creosote reminds me of sunny days in the garden watching my dad creosote the fence.

over a year ago

What about formaldehyde? Or is that just me? Only joking by the way.

over a year ago

"Hey good people. Is it just me or when you smell a certain perfume or scent on a person, does it remind you of past memories that have taken you to a nice or naughty place?

The smell of Tequila brings back nightmarish, horrific memories every time."

I am an AC and scents etc are very big with my home and sometimes I get a bit teary as many of the smells remind me of my grandparents, like cold tar soap, always gets me when I get that out, my dad has turned to using it now so always feel like my grandparents are with me.

Geeky x

Post new Message to Thread