Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Whats better than a battery?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I stepped on my scales this morning and they displayed the word Lo. Feeling chuffed for a few seconds I then got real and went in search of a 9 volt battery to replace the low one inside the scales.

Of course every size in the man drawer, but that one.

Aren't batteries a bit dated? I have watched countless in the future programmes and on Thunderbirds they plug a power cell into a solar panel and hey presto new charge.

Why havent we got something better than batteries by now? Or is that as far as tht particular science is going for small electrics?

Thoughts on the back of stamped addressed Raymond Baxter please.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Me head hurts thinking of a suitable answer....

over a year ago

"Me head hurts thinking of a suitable answer...."

Whats better than an aspirin? Why don't we have a cupboard full of hunky head massagers in this day and age? In Joe 90 they said by 2011........

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well, be patient... its only 10 past 7 at the moment - there's still an hour to go

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"Me head hurts thinking of a suitable answer....

Whats better than an aspirin? Why don't we have a cupboard full of hunky head massagers in this day and age? In Joe 90 they said by 2011........"

Aspirins give me a headache, but in Star Trek..........

over a year ago

My new toy 10 times better than a battery

over a year ago

cant you just leave the scales saying Lo? does away with the need for new batteries and will make you smile every morning! (oh or is that a man?!) xxx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/10/11 19:15:02]

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"My new toy 10 times better than a battery "

and it doesn;t need batteries

over a year ago

"My new toy 10 times better than a battery

and it doesn;t need batteries "

watch out incoming with another new toy

over a year ago

"My new toy 10 times better than a battery"

Rolf? Rolf? Rolf? I feel like the little boy in Mary Poppins who cant get his fingers to snap.

Huge grins here.

over a year ago

and every task you undertake, becomes a piece of cake.....

over a year ago

"My new toy 10 times better than a battery

Rolf? Rolf? Rolf? I feel like the little boy in Mary Poppins who cant get his fingers to snap.

Huge grins here.

Im wetting myself here

"

over a year ago

there is always clockwork, just wind it up and off it goes, batteries not required

over a year ago

I bet yours wears out by end of evening

over a year ago

"there is always clockwork, just wind it up and off it goes, batteries not required "

Well yes Trevor Baylis (my hero) clockwork radio was fab but again thats a new spin on old technology I want something 21st century!!!

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"there is always clockwork, just wind it up and off it goes, batteries not required

Well yes Trevor Baylis (my hero) clockwork radio was fab but again thats a new spin on old technology I want something 21st century!!!"

Where's Brains when you need him

over a year ago

"there is always clockwork, just wind it up and off it goes, batteries not required

Well yes Trevor Baylis (my hero) clockwork radio was fab but again thats a new spin on old technology I want something 21st century!!!

Where's Brains when you need him "

Well at the risk of being named nerd of the year Brains of Thunderbirds isn't actually born yet. He won't be here until 14th November 2040.

Ok mock me all you like roll on August 15th 2041 when Vrigil Tracy gets here and after he completes a his course at the Denver School of Advanced Technology he will be mine all mine. Unless he's not within my age range and a timewaster..........

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Where's Brains when you need him

Well at the risk of being named nerd of the year Brains of Thunderbirds isn't actually born yet. He won't be here until 14th November 2040.

Ok mock me all you like roll on August 15th 2041 when Vrigil Tracy gets here and after he completes a his course at the Denver School of Advanced Technology he will be mine all mine. Unless he's not within my age range and a timewaster.........."

I'm waiting till March 12th 2044

over a year ago

"I stepped on my scales this morning and they displayed the word Lo. Feeling chuffed for a few seconds I then got real and went in search of a 9 volt battery to replace the low one inside the scales.

Aren't batteries a bit dated? I have watched countless in the future programmes and on Thunderbirds they plug a power cell into a solar panel and hey presto new charge.

Why havent we got something better than batteries by now? Or is that as far as tht particular science is going for small electrics?

Thoughts on the back of stamped addressed Raymond Baxter please."

you may be missing summat here what if your scales is actually trying to talk to you?

As in ello

over a year ago

"I stepped on my scales this morning and they displayed the word Lo. Feeling chuffed for a few seconds I then got real and went in search of a 9 volt battery to replace the low one inside the scales.

Thoughts on the back of stamped addressed Raymond Baxter please.

you may be missing summat here what if your scales is actually trying to talk to you?

As in ello"

You have a fine point and a correct one. In fact as soon as I replaced the battery the scales started talking dirty to me. In filthy, vile horrible untrue numbers!!!!!!!!

By *urreyfun2008Man
over a year ago

East Grinstead

Methanol based fuel cells are close, but not fully commercial yet.

over a year ago

what about the same sort of duel powered thingy that calculators work with - sometimes a battery sometimes erm... i dunno - but that would work!

By *urreyfun2008Man
over a year ago

East Grinstead

Dual power as in solar and battery...

Alas need around 100cm by 30cm panel for 20W on a bright summer day, and may only get 1W from that in winter, and of course need to be outside to use.

Now the new solar windows, used as a sunroof on car to supplement the car battery, i.e. reduce load from car stereo. Or charge a hydrids battery when parked on drive is an option.

Generally better and cheaper to be more energy efficient, e.g. when I moved into house replaced pond pump that ran at 60W with an 8W one, that is now also powered from solar panels (off grid - for when society collapses )

over a year ago

"Dual power as in solar and battery..."

I had (still have!) a school calculator that boasted of its dual power functionality.

It proudly boasted in the manual how the solar-powered calculator would continue to work without light because it had an on-board battery as a backup.

The manual failed to explain how I was meant to see the calculator screen in the dark!

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

What's better than a battery??

Simple really!

Two or more batteries!

By *urreyfun2008Man
over a year ago

East Grinstead

Maybe one day we will be able to utilise power from the human body to power devices, and not in the old school pedal to power the lights.

Micro generators can already power watches, i.e. movement charges a capacitor to cope with those periods of inactivity.

over a year ago

"Maybe one day we will be able to utilise power from the human body to power devices, and not in the old school pedal to power the lights.

Micro generators can already power watches, i.e. movement charges a capacitor to cope with those periods of inactivity."

Have you seen 'The Matrix'?

By *urreyfun2008Man
over a year ago

East Grinstead

Of course, given a nutrient stream the UK body is a pretty good heat producer. Heat can be used to create power...

One reason why Matrix style farms have been a theme in films and books

over a year ago

Is it not possible to get a wind turbine attached to the scales and utilise clean renewable energy in the quest for weight assessment??

F A B

By *icboyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

We are all waiting for nano-technology to bring the promised benefits, in all aspects of human life from powercells which can fit on the point of a needle to injections of drugs carried to the source by nanobots...signing off Raymond Baxter...for my cryo-chamber.

over a year ago

I'm well impressed at all of the thought that has gone into this thread!

Reet bunch of inventives!

Thanks xxxxx

over a year ago

"We are all waiting for nano-technology to bring the promised benefits, in all aspects of human life from powercells which can fit on the point of a needle to injections of drugs carried to the source by nanobots...signing off Raymond Baxter...for my cryo-chamber. "

Have you seen The Incredible Voyage? Or its modern counterpart Innerspace?

I believe that can happen. But the thought of some little man inside of me is pretty gruesome

By *icboyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"We are all waiting for nano-technology to bring the promised benefits, in all aspects of human life from powercells which can fit on the point of a needle to injections of drugs carried to the source by nanobots...signing off Raymond Baxter...for my cryo-chamber.

I believe that can happen. But the thought of some little man inside of me is pretty gruesome "

Is that the one with Rachel Welsh in a red rubber suit...lol...xxx

over a year ago

"We are all waiting for nano-technology to bring the promised benefits, in all aspects of human life from powercells which can fit on the point of a needle to injections of drugs carried to the source by nanobots...signing off Raymond Baxter...for my cryo-chamber.

I believe that can happen. But the thought of some little man inside of me is pretty gruesome

Is that the one with Rachel Welsh in a red rubber suit...lol...xxx"

It is and Donald Pleasance is the baddie and gets eaten slowly by a white blood cell. I read that the gunge they used was cold porridge! No expense spared for the special effects.

By *icboyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Have you not had little men inside you before...lol...

over a year ago

"Have you not had little men inside you before...lol... "

Phew normal service resumed I thought that one had gone right over the head!!!

Post new Message to Thread