FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

You're only as good as your last post...

Jump to newest

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Should people continue to be judged on previous threads or posts or should we class the slate as clean if someone posts a new thread?

Is it right to dredge up the past? or should it be left to the archives??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple
over a year ago

Lisburn

Personnaly I wouldnt judge someone by one post, as we all have off days ect. However if they continually posted in a way I found offensive, or didnt like I would refuse to answer there posts.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Is it right to dredge up the past? or should it be left to the archives??"

If its funny or two posts down on the forum then hell yeah! If the post was last week then I often wonder why people go back to dredge up drama.

But if the poster keeps demonstrating the behaviour they were being judged for, more fool them!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We just often wonder "why?" or sometimes "why not"?

over a year ago

i don't judge anyone by their posts - on some things we will agree, on others we won't - that's a simple fact of life

over a year ago

"i don't judge anyone by their posts - on some things we will agree, on others we won't - that's a simple fact of life

"

I'm with you

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Should people continue to be judged on previous threads or posts or should we class the slate as clean if someone posts a new thread?

Is it right to dredge up the past? or should it be left to the archives??"

Bloody hell Evie, your brain was in gear early!!! Il wait til my caffeine fix has kicked in

over a year ago

My memorys that crap anyway

I can't remember what I posted 4 hours ago never mind what anyone else did lol xx

over a year ago

"My memorys that crap anyway

I can't remember what I posted 4 hours ago never mind what anyone else did lol xx "

that's just old age Soapy!!!

over a year ago

iam with soapy on this one lol

over a year ago

No I don't judge them on forum replies...as there's sooooo much more to judge them on, like their profile, their pics, their......you get it yeh? Haha

Plus I am sat on the loo, whislt replying to this, so who am I to judge

over a year ago

lol cate i agree there is so much more to judge people on and as said a bit further up we all have off days and say stuff we dont always mean so i think no dont judge people not on what they say in forums _iew there profile and then only begin to judge them once you have spoken to them as YOU CANT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I do, well a series of posts... I then make a judgement if they are out for drama, controversy and trouble with a capital T........

then I hotlist, watch the 'updates' and they usually reaffirm my thoughts.

so far, am sitting on about 99.9999999% correct

still room for improvement

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

Consistency is important, if someone is having an off day, in the scheme of things its going to be out weighed by their general postings.

For example on another forum someone frequently had a go at openly slutty behaviour, they preferred discretion yadda yadda yadda...then when they wanted to get me into bed....ohhhh they loved sluts!

People who change opinions to win favour should be called on it.No need to dredge up specific posts, but yes i remember the impression someone gives and judge them(So much as i judge anyone here,which is do i or dont i want to fuck them)on it.

over a year ago

" as YOU CANT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER "

course ya can

but just remember your judgements aren't always right

over a year ago

" as YOU CANT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER

course ya can

but just remember your judgements aren't always right "

yeah i suppose lol

over a year ago

"YOU CANT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER"......which book?

As you can see if we were ever to be judged by our posts you would soon see that we are as mad as?????........not really bothered about who posts what as after all this is "The Restaurant at The End of The Universe" ......isn't it?

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

" as YOU CANT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER

course ya can

but just remember your judgements aren't always right "

See i have never agreed with this...we judge a book by its cover on deciding whether we want to read it or not...the forum is the equivalent,life is short and the site is full of peeps.

Yes my initial judgement might be wrong, but im looking for sex, there are plenty here who have not given me an initial bad impression,so i will shag them.

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I have an in-depth dossier on every forum member including past posts and profile pictures that has allowed me to build a psychological profile on each poster.

So no 'one' post affects my _iew, it is arrived, by scientific process and study.

My conclusions are that you are all as mad as a bottle of chips.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"I have an in-depth dossier on every forum member including past posts and profile pictures that has allowed me to build a psychological profile on each poster.

So no 'one' post affects my _iew, it is arrived, by scientific process and study.

My conclusions are that you are all as mad as a bottle of chips."

would love to read my in depth dossier, me thinks i would be buggered !!!

over a year ago

quote of the day "mad as a bottle of chips" love it

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"I have an in-depth dossier on every forum member including past posts and profile pictures that has allowed me to build a psychological profile on each poster.

would love to read my in depth dossier, me thinks i would be buggered !!!"

Funnily enough Sam there are some references to that giant hand you used to have (how is it by the way?) but no mention of buggery in your profile.

Do I need to make an update Mr.???

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

you are only as good as ya last post...

okay then....

hmmm..

FREE DRINK* FOR EVERYONE.....

*drink will probably be tap water, lambrini or supermarket own cider/lager depending of funds.......

over a year ago

depends doesnt it?- way I see it, theres a possibilty I might get to meet more forum ppl on my travels or theirs!

doubt I'm gonna sit and remember 'that' post

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 30/09/11 09:55:40]

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS
over a year ago

Cheadle

Clean slate for me, life's too short to dwell on past mistakes, hugz n stuff, Ruby, xxx

Forum Mod

over a year ago

If people are consistantly moany,have an aggressive or defensive nature and generally suck the fun out of life then yes ill only remember them for that

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Should people continue to be judged on previous threads or posts or should we class the slate as clean if someone posts a new thread?

Is it right to dredge up the past? or should it be left to the archives??"

No, I don't think so when it is to have a pop at someone and it is obviously done for that..... it makes people look nasty.

It is obviously different if there is banter going from one thread and another.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"If people are consistantly moany,have an aggressive or defensive nature and generally suck the fun out of life then yes ill only remember them for that"

yup.....

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Fuck me I can't remember who wrote what most of the time .... unless there is a clearly visable pattern of posting... something loud and gaudy like 70’s wallpaper.

But then... there are somethings which once said are pretty difficult not to judge the person.... such as posting "men who let other men fuck their wives are a bit sad and pathetic, no way would I let any woman of mine on a seedy site like this" or "no decent man would want to have a relationship with a woman after she's flung it about on a site like this". Even if someone replies "your on the wrong site mate" it is still a judgement... blocking them to make sure they never message you is still a judgement. I'd probably use a few more words in my judgement though.

So for me personally, I don't think there is a standard one size fits all answer to the OP.

over a year ago

When I first started using forums I admit I jumped to conclusions about some people but the more I use the more I have got use to people. Glad to say 99% of my conclusions have been wrong.

over a year ago

opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Id have to say that I judge people more from their postings than I do from their profiles.

Profiles are usually (sometimes!) written with a bit of thought but forum postings are usually 'off the cuff' therefore are probably a more accurate reflection of what people are really like.

Yes people can be having an off-day when they post but when you see it a couple of times, plus snotty status updates, then I think that many people show their true colours....

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

We all I am guessing judge people on what they type, but I think the OP was do you carry it onto other threads and won't let it drop.

over a year ago

"If people are consistantly moany,have an aggressive or defensive nature and generally suck the fun out of life then yes ill only remember them for that"

fancy sucking the life outta me honeypot? hehehehe x

over a year ago

"Id have to say that I judge people more from their postings than I do from their profiles.

Profiles are usually (sometimes!) written with a bit of thought but forum postings are usually 'off the cuff' therefore are probably a more accurate reflection of what people are really like.

Yes people can be having an off-day when they post but when you see it a couple of times, plus snotty status updates, then I think that many people show their true colours...."

Yes I do your all see you next Tuesday's and hate you all lmao

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"We all I am guessing judge people on what they type, but I think the OP was do you carry it onto other threads and won't let it drop. "

I dont see the point in carrying forward the discussion into other threads but I think the perception often stays.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

would love to read my in depth dossier, me thinks i would be buggered !!!

Funnily enough Sam there are some references to that giant hand you used to have (how is it by the way?) but no mention of buggery in your profile.

Do I need to make an update Mr.??? "

as soon as i pressed send i regretted the buggery comment !!! lol

Giant hand is well thank you i am just struggling to find a giant pussy to go with it

By *urreyfun2008Man
over a year ago

East Grinstead

Only as good as my last post, so what does

Prestige on Blu-ray

Sexy pants from Lovehoney

Cheque from Tescos

Two bits of junk mail

Credit card 0% offer

Say about me?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Only as good as my last post, so what does

Prestige on Blu-ray

Sexy pants from Lovehoney

Cheque from Tescos

Two bits of junk mail

Credit card 0% offer

Say about me?"

It says you tried to pay for a blu ray at Tescos with a cheque and they refused it so you got a CC at 0% and sent them junk mail for being buggers while paying for sexy undies on Lovehoney with your new CC.

over a year ago

I don't know about judging on last post, but there are some posters I never open their threads as I know it's going to bore me to tears or some exercise in ego massaging.

There are those that are like one trick ponies - their threads are variations on a theme - sigh!

Then there are those that I look forward to reading their responses - they seldom share the same _iew as me but they are able to put their point across without getting personal or rude, so I do judge them as being a "cut above".

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

I only ever try to judge people on what they are posting now! Just because I may not agree with what they typed yesterday, doesn’t mean what they post today won't have some validity.

There are exceptions to this, of course! If someone is rude or personal to another person, then I will have the seeds of a bad opinion, but it may just be a bad day! I have no idea what is going on in their lives and although there is no real excuse for being obnoxious, posts over a time are more indicative.

No matter what someone types, I would never block them because of it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. And I’ll bet there are quite a few “keyboard warriors” on here who are totally different if met in the real world!

over a year ago

It also depends if it is funny or not to take something from one thread and introduce it into another.

over a year ago

I wouldnt judge someone by one post, as we all have off days and some just get out of bed the wrong- side i am sure at times .

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"Giant hand is well thank you i am just struggling to find a giant pussy to go with it "

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

No one is going to admit to that mate.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"Giant hand is well thank you i am just struggling to find a giant pussy to go with it

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

No one is going to admit to that mate."

oh bugger ! in that case can you refer to it as a tiny hand and then i can look for a tiny tite pussy which i am sure all the girls will admit to

over a year ago

This frickin thread has put that god awful song in my head…..

Guess wha-aaaaaaaa-t, I’m not a robot, a robot.

Why?

Because it made me think... I am human being and as such I allow myself to react naturally to some things…. sometimes.

As a human I am prone to feeling annoyed by other’s ignorance or stupidity or neediness or immaturity…. at times. I am prone to holding a grudge at times, to judging and letting the judgement stick, of sharing a piss take, of sharing a private messages criticising in much the same way people do character assassinations on people in soaps (gossiping some call it)… and of deciding I don’t like some people and having no inclination to change that opinion.

I find it very difficult to believe people who say they never ever do any such things.

I believe the more important question is how often you do them. How much of you as a person is made up of these behaviours (and others I haven’t mentioned) and how much of it is by exception. How often in life is it the way you react?

It’s a day ending in ‘z’ where you don’t see a dig of some sorts on the forum. Sometimes it’s more obvious than others. Sometimes you have to know the private history to see the dig, to see what is behind the innocent appearing post. Sometimes you have to have read something in another thread to make the link. Sometimes they are generalised comments…. but made with one or two people in mind. Sometimes it’s blatant and lands with the subtlety of a piano being pushed off of a tower block.

People banding around words like ‘clique’, ‘troll’, ‘keyboard warriors’ … are they not doing the same? Aren’t they just having a dig and the people they think are having a dig?

And so what if it happens…. are we all meant to be robots?

I am happy to admit I have these qualities, because I know they only make up a very small percentage of who I am and how I behave in life.

If the majority of the time people are balanced and rational, does it really matter if they act like a bitch/twat once in a while and show they are just as fallible as the next person….. to err is human.

I’d be unlikely to think of someone as being a stupid person for saying one stupid thing when they have also made rational comments. I would be unlikely to judge someone as being a twat for acting like one once out of a number of other balanced reactions. I would be unlikely to decide someone was a bitch for being bitchy to one or two people when they manage to not be this way with a 100 others.

I say ‘unlikely’ as there are always exception.

When the ratio flips… hell yeah I most likely would.

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Yeah, but you would say that, wouldn't you?

over a year ago

"Yeah, but you would say that, wouldn't you?"

You do realise I am keeping a 5 bar gate record of your comments so I can validate my final opinion of you. That's another loine in the left hand column!

over a year ago

Live and let live, a different a day can bring a different _iew

over a year ago

Some people have very long memories, and cannot let go of the past.

It is no big secret I avoid interacting with peeps in the forums.

over a year ago

i think its only natural to get a feel for a person based on how they come across through posting.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

"People banding around words like ‘clique’, ‘troll’, ‘keyboard warriors’ … are they not doing the same? Aren’t they just having a dig and the people they think are having a dig?"

As you picked up on "keyboard warrior", I assume that some of your post MAY have been directed at me! (I know, to assume makes... Yada yada..) Yep! Guilty as charged, but then again I didn't say I never judged people or lost it or took the piss or was rude! I did say I TRY not to judge people on one post. Bbecause I try, it stands to reason that I fail too!

In fact, I have been very guilty of judging people and it seems to be against the grain of most on here. I even state I judge and am not politically correct. I think you are right in your post! There are loads on here who seem to play "holier than thou" on the forums.. There, you see? I did it again!

over a year ago

"i think its only natural to get a feel for a person based on how they come across through posting.

"

Often find the exact opposite, a very lively,chatty person on here can sometimes be a very quiet almost shy thing in person and vice versa, so i never tend to use "online version" of anyone as the guide to who they are,what they are like.

Post new Message to Thread