Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

TECCY JARGON

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

well just back from my nannas...oooh she has a great new telivision...took us(my father and I)ages trying to explain the simplest things, I better than my dad at explaining though...but could see my nanna gettin so wound up, wanting to be right when she clearly knew fuck all about the thing lol

I'm a techy geek for my main reasonings that i love computery stuff(not severly in depth), things like digital photography manipulation and understanding basic things to me like a firewall and antivirus.

but I hate it when someone doesnt know something yet thinks ur patronising them especially when they have no clue, but are obviously interested or need the technical knowledge for the given thing

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

This is a common problem for techie people.

They love the intricacies and functions new kit has and want to explore them.

But the user (your Nan?) just wants to know 'on', 'off', 'change channel' and 'volume'.

Hence the clash of the 2 cultures.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Nana knows best!

over a year ago

yeahh i get what u mean, but she refused to believe to recieve a HD broadcast that she needed a HD tv, now shes went and got a HD tv....she decides she doesnt believe she needs a HDMI cable lol

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Going by the title it appears you have to shout to get nan and grandad to hear.

over a year ago

padster.. your dad is hot!!!

over a year ago

"padster.. your dad is hot!!! "

lolol cuteNsassy...now i cant think of us shagging if ur just gonna be thinking of my dad lol xxx

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

Teaching ppl is a skill, its even harder when you find the subject obvious or basic.

over a year ago

"padster.. your dad is hot!!!

lolol cuteNsassy...now i cant think of us shagging if ur just gonna be thinking of my dad lol xxx"

sorry Paddy.. but ever since i saw him i much prefer him. Its your fault for being good at pool :D

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

A few years ago, my work mobile had a problem and I was told that Orange could cure it from their end if I phoned them. Well the techie twit was gabbling on and totally left me behind so I asked him if he could repeat what he said in English! He disconnected the call!

Post new Message to Thread