FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Telesales calls, how do you deal with them?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you hang up, listen to what they say, argue the toss or tell them to take a hike? And which sort annoy you the most?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Depends if its a man with a sexy voice i may lead him on a bit if im feeling mischievous

By *razydriver8Couple
over a year ago

plymouth

depends on my mood.... put them on hold.. and tell them i am too busy dealing with a bad sub slut who needs a spanking ,

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I dont answer the landline any more and instead I screen all calls.

On the mobile the ones that drive me mad are the ones from my providers that then want me to go through a security check....they called me ffs!

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple
over a year ago

Lisburn

Ive unplugged landline, everyone that is important to us phones our mobiles and if i dont recognise number i wont answer

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I just say... No thank you

They are just trying to earn a living.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I just put the phone next to the radio and go back half hour later.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I don't answer the landline

I get the butler to do it

over a year ago

I wouldnt cut them off mid sentence as I feel that is rude, even though they are encompassing on my time. I tend to wait until they come to a natural pause, and that doesnt take very long, and then I will say, no thank you and then I put the phone down.

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS
over a year ago

Cheadle

"I dont answer the landline any more and instead I screen all calls.

On the mobile the ones that drive me mad are the ones from my providers that then want me to go through a security check....they called me ffs!"

well they are actually calling your phone sweetie, and considering the high incidents of thefta and lost ones, I am glad they do want to confirm it is actually me speaking, mind you, my provider has an amazing way of texting me every time I am abroad, knowing it costs me money to receive them, the buggers eh!!!, xxxx

over a year ago

im being repeatedly hassled by the "your windowscomputer has

a bad virus" lot at the mo, i have a mac but i dont tell them so for some time then i sympathetically ask them if their mother knows what they do for a living and shouldnt they really be a bit ashamed of themselves for trying to con me and dont they believe in karma and shouldnt they really get a proper job ! ive had one or 2 apologise and promise to stop! x

By *ofakindCouple
over a year ago

Running with Monkeys

"Depends if its a man with a sexy voice i may lead him on a bit if im feeling mischievous "

i try the same with ladies

over a year ago

I actually listen to what they have to say, if it's not for us, I politely tell them we're not interested if they persist I see them as fair game. They could then be......

Spoken to in Klingon

Asked to sing their script

Told to take down an order for pizza

Transferred to my 5 year old

I hate bad salespersonship

over a year ago

"I just put the phone next to the radio and go back half hour later. "

+1

over a year ago

a polite, "do i know you?" or "wohh before ya start its a council house" work marvelously.

over a year ago

say I've just bought whatever it is they are selling.

over a year ago

Telephone preferance list cuts 90% of em out and its free

The rest i just put the phone down xx

over a year ago

I say "sorry Mr so & so died 2 weeks ago. Could you be a lovey & take him off your call list.

Works every time.

over a year ago

i just say sorry not interested say goodbye and put phone down.

over a year ago

We pretend we no speeky ingleesh!!!

By *urreyfun2008Man
over a year ago

East Grinstead

Two landlines, ignore one, and screen the other, when one gets through listen for a couple of seconds then put phone down next to radio.

Be cautious of people asking you to verify security questions, they may be phishing for your answers to then use themselves. Genuine calls should be able to give you a reference number, and you find their actual number from a bill and call them back.

If the windows crowd ever phone me, I'll go and get Bill who is visiting from the states, and see what they say to Mr Gates

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

On the mobile the ones that drive me mad are the ones from my providers that then want me to go through a security check....they called me ffs!"

Ironically, I started work last week in a call centre, and yesterday, I went "live" on the phone lines, calling customers.

The reason that companies need to check your details even when they call you, is simply down to compliance with the Data Protection Act.

The reason is that the call centre must ensure they are speaking to the account holder only, and not someone from, say your family or a visitor to your home, who has picked up the phone on your behalf, to whom the centre might divulge personal or private details.

If the call centre operator doesn't do that on any phone number, they can potentially lose their job, and the centre can face financial penalties.

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I have a 100 decibel air horn for just such occasions.

over a year ago

i prefer the caller to speak clear and concise english

no wonder they moved all the call centres out of scotland and newcastle over to india !

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

We live in a council house, weirdly they dont bother us

i am never rude tho, they are just trying to earn a living!

over a year ago

I tell them I like to know who I'm talking to. So I ask there name, where they live, rented/owned property, what car they drive, married/single, children etc etc. They soon get bored and hang up.

over a year ago

"I tell them I like to know who I'm talking to. So I ask there name, where they live, rented/owned property, what car they drive, married/single, children etc etc. They soon get bored and hang up.

"

Always knew you were a nosey bugger xx

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"i prefer the caller to speak clear and concise english

no wonder they moved all the call centres out of scotland and newcastle over to india ! "

It's a pity that some of the customers we speak to, cannot speak clearly and concisely too!

One of the training staff said that often you'll think the customer has the phone IN their mouth rather than speaking into it!

In our centre, we are checked for speech clarity...and we are in East Yorkshire, not India.

over a year ago

I say hang on I'm at work, just give me a minute to move to where I can speak freely, then put it in my pocket and carry on working!

over a year ago

I screen my calls but sometimes the caller id comes up international. As I have family abroad I don't ignore those ones. I'm already annoyed it's not my sister but someone trying to seel me something I don't want.

They are usually happy and chipper and ask how I am today, to which I reply I was ok until they bothered me, what do they want? Before they answer I say, "don't bother telling me I'm not interested!"

Rude? Probably. Do I care? No!

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

On the mobile the ones that drive me mad are the ones from my providers that then want me to go through a security check....they called me ffs!

Ironically, I started work last week in a call centre, and yesterday, I went "live" on the phone lines, calling customers.

The reason that companies need to check your details even when they call you, is simply down to compliance with the Data Protection Act.

The reason is that the call centre must ensure they are speaking to the account holder only, and not someone from, say your family or a visitor to your home, who has picked up the phone on your behalf, to whom the centre might divulge personal or private details.

If the call centre operator doesn't do that on any phone number, they can potentially lose their job, and the centre can face financial penalties."

So someone calls me out of the blue and says they are from my mobile phone company and have some wonderful offers for me - but can they have my date of birth, address, mothers maiden name and first, third and fifth letter fom my security password....

Then they call again the next day and ask other security questions and the second, fourth and sixth letter from my password...

On the next day when they call should I just give them my bank account details?

Im sorry but if someone calls me and asks for any security details Im not going to give them. I would only do that if I have called them and certainly not someone who just calls me up out of the blue....

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

If the call centre operator doesn't do that on any phone number, they can potentially lose their job, and the centre can face financial penalties."

The same can be said from the customers point of _iew....why would anyone divulge personal information to some random/ cold caller who asks for it?

I know I certainly wouldn't... if I wanted to see what they wanted I would put the phone down and ring a CS number that I would probably have for the company.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

"I don't answer the landline

I get the butler to do it "

I know! I do all your dirty work..

Still, the job does have its perks!!

over a year ago

If i know its a sales call its thanks but no thank you and ask to be taken off their data base.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Oh dear! Minority of one here by the looks of it!

I have no interest in anyone trying to sell me anything on the phone. I have no plan to give out any personal details to a random caller. I have no reason to waste minutes of my time talking to someone who is only out to make money from me!

The regulations from the Advertising Protection web site says: The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 is a UK law that states all organisations including charities, voluntary organisations and political parties do not make sales or marketing calls to telephone numbers unless they have the owner's consent to do so. Under this regulation, if a telephone number is registered on to the official central opt out register, it is a legal requirement that organisations do not call these numbers. Organisations found in breach of the regulations face prosecution and enforcement action being taken against them.

That means, that any calls I get are against the regulations and as such, are illegal as we are registered with the TPS. But we still get calls!

Scenario: Burglar comes onto your property and is looking to steal from you. How many would say. "Oh, not today thank you and please don't call at my house again" Not many I would think, so why are some polite to people who call you unbidden and are trying to take your hard earned cash on the phone?

I would either tell em to fuck off or something similar. I don't care if they have a job to do, I didn't ask them to do that job, they took it and must accept that they are seen as nothing but a nuisance. Sorry to those who work in call centres, but you have to accept that most just don’t want your call and those that do? Usually gullible or those desperate for some good luck. You are praying on the less fortunate!

Take a look at the Advertising Protection Agency (TAPA) web site.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

"Oh dear! Minority of one here by the looks of it!

"

Nope you can make that two...

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

last one i had was from "my internet providor " warning me of virus on pc . ohh yes that old one lol !!! kinda took wind out of their sails when i told them i actually work for the company who provides internet and fully awear of their processes and that theyd never cold call over virus lol !!!also that i was fully awear it was a fraudulent lol !

ive registered with tps and silent call guard...both free to do on line and annon caller rejection is available for with held numbers . so tools are there to stop the nuisance . x

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Do you hang up, listen to what they say, argue the toss or tell them to take a hike? And which sort annoy you the most? "

We don't normally get them on the landline as we registered with TPS, although just as we sat down to dinner the other night one came in, but when told we have registered with TPS and they shouldn't be calling us they soon scarpered.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

"

ive registered with tps and silent call guard...both free to do on line and annon caller rejection is available for with held numbers . so tools are there to stop the nuisance . x"

They certainly are. If anyone has the money (about £100) You can get a gadget called "TrueCall". It was on Dragons Den in 2009 I think and is brilliant! It screens your calls and lets through people you know, asks people you don't know who they are and gives you the option (as long as they leave a name) or cancels the call if they don't say who they are.. All this without bothering you! In fact, you would never know you had a tele-sales call!

Bit expensive given the range of "lists" available, but if you got the dosh, well worth the investment! (Can be found cheaper on the 'Net!)

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

"

ive registered with tps and silent call guard...both free to do on line and annon caller rejection is available for with held numbers . so tools are there to stop the nuisance . x

They certainly are. If anyone has the money (about £100) You can get a gadget called "TrueCall". It was on Dragons Den in 2009 I think and is brilliant! It screens your calls and lets through people you know, asks people you don't know who they are and gives you the option (as long as they leave a name) or cancels the call if they don't say who they are.. All this without bothering you! In fact, you would never know you had a tele-sales call!

Bit expensive given the range of "lists" available, but if you got the dosh, well worth the investment! (Can be found cheaper on the 'Net!)"

what a fantastic gadget !!! can maybe see that being provided as part of phone service in future ,just like hubbs are now with bb. would be cracking idea !

By *exybabyMan
over a year ago

Canterbury....ish

"Oh dear! Minority of one here by the looks of it!

I have no interest in anyone trying to sell me anything on the phone. I have no plan to give out any personal details to a random caller. I have no reason to waste minutes of my time talking to someone who is only out to make money from me!

The regulations from the Advertising Protection web site says: The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 is a UK law that states all organisations including charities, voluntary organisations and political parties do not make sales or marketing calls to telephone numbers unless they have the owner's consent to do so. Under this regulation, if a telephone number is registered on to the official central opt out register, it is a legal requirement that organisations do not call these numbers. Organisations found in breach of the regulations face prosecution and enforcement action being taken against them.

That means, that any calls I get are against the regulations and as such, are illegal as we are registered with the TPS. But we still get calls!

Scenario: Burglar comes onto your property and is looking to steal from you. How many would say. "Oh, not today thank you and please don't call at my house again" Not many I would think, so why are some polite to people who call you unbidden and are trying to take your hard earned cash on the phone?

I would either tell em to fuck off or something similar. I don't care if they have a job to do, I didn't ask them to do that job, they took it and must accept that they are seen as nothing but a nuisance. Sorry to those who work in call centres, but you have to accept that most just don’t want your call and those that do? Usually gullible or those desperate for some good luck. You are praying on the less fortunate!

Take a look at the Advertising Protection Agency (TAPA) web site."

Here, here. The minority are far too often the voice of the 'can't be bothered' majority. It is the majority that often allow the minority to 'speak out' so that they too can reap the benefits. I would like to echo your thoughts as it appears we 'speak the same language'.

over a year ago

I keep getting calls from a company manned by non English people but say their name is an English name like David. They ask me how I am but I have got so pissed off with their calls that I ask where they are calling from and tell them that I don't need their help and put the phone down on them. It's got so bad that I told one company after 5 calls within 10 mins that I would report them for harassment if they rang again. Now my voicemail is permanently on

over a year ago

Just when you think they have given up they start calling again! Grrrrrrr

over a year ago

I worked for a few cold calting companies (to my eternal shame).

The only way to stop people from these organisations calling you back again is to get extremely and personally abusive......

Saying I am not interested is taken as 'not interested now, but might be later' and all other 'excuses' (such as TPS) are taken as call back later.

If someone threaten s to find out where you work and come and fucking kill you all, we tend to stop calling.

I can take it, but some people can get a bit upset and so I would be sacked if I put such a punter on for another call (after all all these calls are recorded).

As for TPS and warnings/threats of legal actions, come on.........Anyone heard of Ford Pinto? People don't take that legal action.

You can tell, cos if it actually cost the telemarketing companies money to make calls to TPS customers, you can bet your bottom dollar they would stop making them......

over a year ago

"I worked for a few cold calting companies (to my eternal shame).

The only way to stop people from these organisations calling you back again is to get extremely and personally abusive......

"

And there is me thinking if you are abusive they call all the more to piss you off!

over a year ago

"I worked for a few cold calting companies (to my eternal shame).

And there is me thinking if you are abusive they call all the more to piss you off! "

No m8. All abusive calls are traced back (ie all previous calls are listened to).

I would have been for the absolute high jump is the girl sitting next to me called someone I had rung who had given me the hair drier treatment......

Without being overtly sexist, I have worked in Debt Recovery and so am used to being verbally abused in all sorts of ways and still getting my money so it doesn't bother me, but very few of the women I have worked with let such abuse roll off their back.....

over a year ago

Don't get any. I don't have a land-line, and don't give my mobile out on surveys, competitions or offers, so I never get any.

over a year ago

There are, of course, exceptions to that rule!

over a year ago

"There are, of course, exceptions to that rule!"

Hmmm that's what puts me off from telling them where to stick their head.

over a year ago

"There are, of course, exceptions to that rule!

Hmmm that's what puts me off from telling them where to stick their head. "

The rule was that most ladies don't like abusive calls...........

over a year ago

Hmmm that's what puts me off from telling them where to stick their head. The rule was that most ladies don't like abusive calls..........."

That's another prob I don't know if i could be abusive to a lady telly-sales person.

over a year ago

Best way to deal with telesales calls?

Definately not this!!! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2oXMdZ4sk

over a year ago

I once trif to sell double glazing to a guy on the phone who wanted me to buy a conservatory! He hung up after a 2min spiel about how double glazing keeps the noise of your gf's moans frm being heard outside!

over a year ago

"Best way to deal with telesales calls?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2oXMdZ4sk"

Not strong enough with his annoyance do you think?

over a year ago

Not strong enough with his annoyance do you think? "

I love that clip! And I mean Physically!

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

I wouldnt mind but they always ring as soon as you have sat down to your tea

Most of our calls are automated so you cant tell them to go forth

I bloody hate them

I know they are only trying to earn a living but when your number is ex directory it pisses me off that they have got our number to just assume we wanna listen to their crap boring sales pitch

Rant over

over a year ago

Not strong enough with his annoyance do you think?

I love that clip! And I mean Physically!"

You know someone had valium for afters.

over a year ago

Hmmm that's what puts me off from telling them where to stick their head. The rule was that most ladies don't like abusive calls...........

That's another prob I don't know if i could be abusive to a lady telly-sales person. "

Which is why Outbound cold calling call centers tend to prefer to employ women to men.........

over a year ago

"I wouldnt mind but they always ring as soon as you have sat down to your tea

Most of our calls are automated so you cant tell them to go forth

I bloody hate them

I know they are only trying to earn a living but when your number is ex directory it pisses me off that they have got our number to just assume we wanna listen to their crap boring sales pitch

Rant over"

Do you get cross with them then?

By *arnayguyMan
over a year ago

Durham Tees

I am polite but firm with the genuine ones and don't get many due to the Preference service.

But with the scams, 'your computer has a virus etc.' I have done like an earlier poster did and tried to shame them over their job as a thief.

I have also found that being silent, then breathing heavily and asking them what they are wearing often gets rid of them, especially blokes.

over a year ago

"I have also found that being silent, then breathing heavily and asking them what they are wearing often gets rid of them, especially blokes."

He he he now that's funny.

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

Google "Martjin Engelbregt" - look for "anti-telemarketing EGBG counterscript" link

over a year ago

This company was phoning every day and I told them time and time again to take me off the list so the next time they phoned I kept them on the phone for over 2 hours, making him believe I was really interested in the top package, making him explain it all over and over again. Then at the end of the call I said "I'm only messing, I'm not interested, but it's been fun wasting your time for a change"

Funny, they never called back.

over a year ago

"Google "Martjin Engelbregt" - look for "anti-telemarketing EGBG counterscript" link"

Thanks will look.

over a year ago

Someone phoned me last week...some telesales or another. Her opening sentence was " How are you today". I started to tell her I had had an awful day....I had slipped in the bath....hurt my hip badly...blah blah. She hung up

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

"I keep getting calls from a company manned by non English people but say their name is an English name like David. They ask me how I am but I have got so pissed off with their calls that I ask where they are calling from and tell them that I don't need their help and put the phone down on them. It's got so bad that I told one company after 5 calls within 10 mins that I would report them for harassment if they rang again. Now my voicemail is permanently on"

They get away with it because the oversees companies are not covered by TPS...they are so annoying, always between 5 and 6 always the same ol shit...

The last one went..

"Ellooo..my name is Roger, how are you?"

"No its not and Im fine, what do you want"

"Yes it is, and Im calling from Bradford" (credible, but not when my phone display says international )

"No its not and no your not...now, what do you want?"

"I am not what?"

"Calling from Bradford"

"yes I am and I am supporting Manchester and I am a catholic"

"no it isnt, no your not, no you dont and no your not...stop lying..what do you want?"

"I am wondering who is your telephone provider?"

"I dont have a phone"

"you dont have a phone, how am I ring you"

"Its a banana..im using a banana"

"oh tank you goodbye"

Thats if im in a good mood...If im not "FUCK OFF" normally does the trick before they start speaking.

over a year ago

"Google "Martjin Engelbregt" - look for "anti-telemarketing EGBG counterscript" link"

He He thats funny looking forward to the next call now

By *oddyWoman
over a year ago

between havant and chichester

tell them your tell the council office about there offer since you cant accept as ur a council tenent works everytime

over a year ago

"Do you hang up, listen to what they say, argue the toss or tell them to take a hike? And which sort annoy you the most? "

tell em you just got whatever it is they are selling.

over a year ago

"tell them your tell the council office about there offer since you cant accept as ur a council tenent works everytime"

Not if they are trying to sell you car insurnce, cheaper phone calls to name but two.

Sadly as soon as you answer the phone they know its an active line and will more than likley phone you again.

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

"Depends if its a man with a sexy voice i may lead him on a bit if im feeling mischievous "

It was you wasn't it? I did telesales for a while during my post grad days, and ended up one night chatting to a woman who gladly told me she was in the bath, and did I mind if she had a wank?

Another colleague went on a blind date with a punter he'd called, and ended up off work for four days with a lacerated foreskin after some over energetic anal went a bit off piste...

over a year ago

CALLER DISPLAY! Simples!

over a year ago

I usually tell them I was just about to ring them selling the same product! They soon fuck off.

By *oonytoonMan
over a year ago

derby

I've been in direct sales for over ten years the last few have bEen predominantly telesales and I love it I personally get a right kick out of the clever dicks that try dissecting my script or firing loads of questions at me thinking I'm some wet behind the ears student oooo the fun I've had with such people lol I also personally generate over ten thousand pounds worth of business each week earning me a nice wage for just talking this is not preying on the weak as an earlier post suggested and as for tps there are many ways you get unregistered without knowing for instance changing your phone provider and I take great enjoyment in makin such people look idiots after they try speaking down to me like I'm inferior to them because of my choice of living. Now I am polite and proffesional in what I do but for those of you who abuse telesales agents bare in mind 90per cent of the time there sat with all your details anyway and you know nothing about them I've even had to mention this a few times to rude customers it certainly changes there attitude just food for thought...

A general not interested I'm on tps or I'm a council house will usually work as we are not unaware that were ringing people out of the blue and will respect that rather than abusive responses

over a year ago

"I've been in direct sales for over ten years the last few

snip"

I am seldom rude, but have bad days like everyone else...

Never ever bought anything from door to door or telesales, and am registered to not receive them.... but still do!

My usual trick is to play dumb, e.g. windows and doors = got no holes to put them in, kitchen = got one, telephone service provider is my favourite as I just swear blind I dont have a telephone...

May be your choice of carear, but as previously pointed out it's not my choice to receive a call, so if I want to make fun of it then it's down to the telesales person to hang up and not waste their time by calling again.

over a year ago

Tps and don't get them. They only block sales calls so you can get research calls but no sales.

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

"Tps and don't get them. They only block sales calls so you can get research calls but no sales. "

The trouble being there is that the annoying gits hid behind the call being 'market research'..

over a year ago

Just ask,, "do i know you"?

By *eaverfeverCouple
over a year ago

nr Manchester

pretend i cant speak English or put the baby on the phone

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

see.. having done "my time" in a call centre being a customer care person i only took inbound calls.... i wouldn't do outbound at all... i think it needs a different mentality and i know it is something that i would dread, but in a way i have total admiration for them....

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

register with the call prevention service - it works, we don't get any

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

" I personally get a right kick out of the clever dicks that try dissecting my script or firing loads of questions at me thinking I'm some wet behind the ears student oooo the fun I've had with such people lol I also personally generate over ten thousand pounds worth of business each week earning me a nice wage for just talking this is not preying on the weak as an earlier post suggested and as for tps there are many ways you get unregistered without knowing for instance changing your phone provider and I take great enjoyment in makin such people look idiots after they try speaking down to me like I'm inferior to them because of my choice of living. Now I am polite and proffesional in what I do but for those of you who abuse telesales agents bare in mind 90per cent of the time there sat with all your details anyway and you know nothing about them I've even had to mention this a few times to rude customers it certainly changes there attitude just food for thought...

A general not interested I'm on tps or I'm a council house will usually work as we are not unaware that were ringing people out of the blue and will respect that rather than abusive responses "

Sounds to me like you and your company treat people like victims as opposed to customers..

TPS is there because people DONT want sales calls..or 'market research' calls..but that doesnt stop people ringing does it..it appears to be a big joke then does it?..ring someone up even though they didnt want the call, annoy them or hang up the second they say 'we had the roof insulated 3 years go'...no goodbye, no sorry for bothering you...straight on to the next victim...

I got a recorded voice call tonight for loft insulation..I hung on and a girl came on the line..I very politely asked her to take me off their list..she said she couldnt do that until she confirmed with me that I had had loft insulation in the last ten years...fucking cheek!...so I said yes..I had it done this afternoon..now take me off...I didnt even get off out...she was gone, more victims waiting on the line..

If they ring again I will keep them going for a good half an hour minimum..before they get the news that I live in a block of flats..

over a year ago

hexham

"Depends if its a man with a sexy voice i may lead him on a bit if im feeling mischievous

It was you wasn't it? I did telesales for a while during my post grad days, and ended up one night chatting to a woman who gladly told me she was in the bath, and did I mind if she had a wank?

Another colleague went on a blind date with a punter he'd called, and ended up off work for four days with a lacerated foreskin after some over energetic anal went a bit off piste..."

off piste...

Our autistic son loves talking to telesales people...not sure they are as keen to be questioned by him

Dont see why people on here are so rude though to ppl just doing their job. Simply say sorry i am not interested and put the phone down.

over a year ago

ive started getting calls starting .....my name is neil or ann and you know theyre ringing from some flaming indian call centre lol

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

"

Dont see why people on here are so rude though to ppl just doing their job. Simply say sorry i am not interested and put the phone down."

Because some are just out to take the piss...they dont remove you from their auto dials..you get another call from them 2 days later..or you get the 'oh we spoke to you three months ago and you asked us to call back'

Thats the verbal foot in the door...then they are away, some of them are good though and actually sound as if they are not reading the script....so why shouldnt they get some stick?

Of course they are only doing a job and trying to earn a few quid..most of them are probably decent people...check out the bloke above, average fella, decent profile..seems ok,

But they have got to understand that some people are sick to death of their annoying calls..

I used to love the 'im just calling about your free upgrade'...now if they are going to treat me as being so stupid that they expect me to fall for the bullshit then they are going to have to suffer the consequence of having their time wasted too...tough shit.

Not that they are probably that bothered, outside for a can of red bull, a quick fag..a good squirt of Lynx Africa and they are soon up and running!

over a year ago

hexham

"

Dont see why people on here are so rude though to ppl just doing their job. Simply say sorry i am not interested and put the phone down.

Because some are just out to take the piss...they dont remove you from their auto dials..you get another call from them 2 days later..or you get the 'oh we spoke to you three months ago and you asked us to call back'

Thats the verbal foot in the door...then they are away, some of them are good though and actually sound as if they are not reading the script....so why shouldnt they get some stick?

Of course they are only doing a job and trying to earn a few quid..most of them are probably decent people...check out the bloke above, average fella, decent profile..seems ok,

But they have got to understand that some people are sick to death of their annoying calls..

I used to love the 'im just calling about your free upgrade'...now if they are going to treat me as being so stupid that they expect me to fall for the bullshit then they are going to have to suffer the consequence of having their time wasted too...tough shit.

Not that they are probably that bothered, outside for a can of red bull, a quick fag..a good squirt of Lynx Africa and they are soon up and running!"

Well if people are bothered why dont they opt out on the tps like we have?

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

"

Well if people are bothered why dont they opt out on the tps like we have?"

Jemima...TPS doesnt work, we have it and still get calls all the time even if it did work it wouldnt matter as they dont prosecute anyone anyway..

MPS is a little better, but it doesnt stop the postman sticking half a tree load of crap through your door every week either.

over a year ago

I just tell them whatever it is I don't want it. When they carry on yacking I just interrupt them and say I'm hanging up now... please don't call me again, thank you... lol

Wolf

over a year ago

"

Well if people are bothered why dont they opt out on the tps like we have?

Jemima...TPS doesnt work, we have it and still get calls all the time even if it did work it wouldnt matter as they dont prosecute anyone anyway..

MPS is a little better, but it doesnt stop the postman sticking half a tree load of crap through your door every week either."

Correct they only work with companies choosing to abide by them. Telesales are pirates of the voicecom seas and the only way to deal with them is a broad side!

By *eaboMan
over a year ago

marden

i used to work for a number of double glazing firms in their call centres and as harsh as it will sound this is the reality.

if a person is really stressy and starts shouting and swearing they are put on speakerphone and the operator will wind them up for everyone else' amusement.

if you are rude to them your number will be passed around the call centre and everyone will ring you.

really abusive and you will get a marketing call from a phonebox by a pissed call centre worker late friday night.

slam the phone down you will get called back again soon.

taxis will be sent to your house by the operatives

no one gets taken off the list if they ask, your number just gets marked 'not interested' and they will call you back in about six months.

your best bet is to register with the appropriate call register, and tell everybody who rings it's a council house (it works).

getting annoyed will amuse them, not upset them, you are just one of 200 people they will talk to each shift, it really is water off a ducks back to them.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/05/12 22:53:51]

over a year ago

I have a a painted methord but its not pretty however it works VERY well.

First you say "hold on a min" you then get your hifi on full volume and place next to mouth piece and say to the caller "can you hear me my voice is a little horse" at which they listen intently.

You the de-pause your megadeath track at 140 decibels and grin as you have earplugs in.

By *emo and HollyCouple
over a year ago

neath

If they are selling me gas and electricity, I just tell them I am plugged into next door. Strangely enough they always tell me it's illegal!

over a year ago

"If they are selling me gas and electricity, I just tell them I am plugged into next door. Strangely enough they always tell me it's illegal! "

Oi dont rob gas or i won't get paid for drilling it!

By *razydriver8Couple
over a year ago

plymouth

"

Our autistic son loves talking to telesales people...not sure they are as keen to be questioned by him

"

lol A few of the adults i support love to talk to telesales too... but for some reason the number of calls they get are going down.. maybe I should take a leaf out of their book.

over a year ago

I simply say that before they start I am a Jehovah and we only deal with our own so if you would like to talk and maybe give me your details and phone number I can send a copy of lighthouse over and ring to discuss the thoughts on god.. Funny they hang up do you think it's somthing I said ?

By *ookworm258Man
over a year ago

Wythenshawe

Had the one today about my computer has a virus. led him on for 20 mins with what do i do and with questions like what is your bank details and password ( obviously not put them in) i kept saying what next. He gave up when i said sod it I'll buy a new computer in morning.

Either that or i let my dog growl down the phone

over a year ago

The best and easiest thing to do if you receive a cold call is to simply say 'This is an unsolicited phone call. We are not interested at all. Remove my number immediately. Thank you (if polite)' Hang up.

Job done.

over a year ago

"The best and easiest thing to do if you receive a cold call is to simply say 'This is an unsolicited phone call. We are not interested at all. Remove my number immediately. Thank you (if polite)' Hang up.

Job done."

Doesn't work see '_eabo' 9 above! Drastic methods are at foot!

over a year ago

RUBYINSTOCKINGS:
" my provider has an amazing way of texting me every time I am abroad, knowing it costs me money to receive them, the buggers eh!!!, xxxx"
...Erm on ALL networks its free to receive texts while your abroad. You lot all need to register your mobile & landline numbers at http:// TPSONLINE dot ORG . UK

over a year ago

"The best and easiest thing to do if you receive a cold call is to simply say 'This is an unsolicited phone call. We are not interested at all. Remove my number immediately. Thank you (if polite)' Hang up.

Job done.

Doesn't work see '_eabo' 9 above! Drastic methods are at foot! "

I can understand peoples frustration as I've had it from both sides...

Yeah, I've worked in loads of call centres in my chequered past both inbound and outbound and can honestly say that I have never known any of that to happen!

They are not usually allowed to hang up on 'potential customers'; they are told that if you are still on the phone, (even if arguing!) then you are still interested! Yes, they know it's bollocks but they have no choice; a wage is a wage and surely there is already enough unemployment?

They are actually relieved if you hang up as that means they can quickly move onto the next and hopefully get a sale...

over a year ago

Job done.

Doesn't work see '_eabo' 9 above! Drastic methods are at foot!

I can understand peoples frustration as I've had it from both sides...

Yeah, I've worked in loads of call centres in my chequered past both inbound and outbound and can honestly say that I have never known any of that to happen!

They are not usually allowed to hang up on 'potential customers'; they are told that if you are still on the phone, (even if arguing!) then you are still interested! Yes, they know it's bollocks but they have no choice; a wage is a wage and surely there is already enough unemployment?

They are actually relieved if you hang up as that means they can quickly move onto the next and hopefully get a sale... "

Fuckit i will keep them on hours then!

over a year ago

"Fuckit i will keep them on hours then! "

If they hate the job as much as I did, they will probably love that...especially if you're playing music at them

over a year ago

you know what i hate, when sale people call you up and you answer the phone and its a flipping recorded message

i mean the cheek of it, they call you and cant even be arsed to put a peron on the end of the phone

over a year ago

Indeed, I ask them to post me the deal offers they want to chat about, lol

over a year ago

I rarely get them but the next one I'm going to pause and then ask seductively "what are you wearing? Would you like to know what I'm wearing?"

over a year ago

Have caller id so only pick up on numbers i know.

over a year ago

"you know what i hate, when sale people call you up and you answer the phone and its a flipping recorded message

i mean the cheek of it, they call you and cant even be arsed to put a peron on the end of the phone "

Press the number they ask you if your interested and ask them about the missed call when they call you back.

This seems to work well. I was getting a few recorded cold calls (PFI,Accident claim) press 5 if your interested. a while later they would call you back, soo take you off their list as your costing them money, due to the refer fee they pay for 'for an interested caller'.

To other people, I have never worked in a call centre, but blowing whistles, loud music etc is not nice, play along, say no thanks, waste their time but don't hurt them or be nasty, they are on the lowest rug of the call centre...

Post new Message to Thread