Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Oddity

Jump to newest

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I’m not a superstitious person, so why is it I feel very uncomfortable about crossing days off of a calendar before the day has ended

Even if it is something like 11pm, I can’t cross the current day off.... well, it’s not finished yet has it.

I feel really uncomfortable when I cross it off by accident.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Maybe it has more to do with OCD than superstition lol

Forum Mod

over a year ago

We all have our little quirks

I don't cross days of the calendar,but I do keep them all and look at them every so often,they bring back memories as well as highlighting how quick time passes

over a year ago

"Maybe it has more to do with OCD than superstition lol "

I can happily not cross days off. In fact I frequently forget and have a week or so to cross off in one go.... that's when I get carried away and accidently cross off the current day *shudders*

over a year ago

"Maybe it has more to do with OCD than superstition lol

I can happily not cross days off. In fact I frequently forget and have a week or so to cross off in one go.... that's when I get carried away and accidently cross off the current day *shudders* "

That's what I mean by OCD - it cannot let you go past the current day until it has ended yet is quite happy to allow you to leave it for a week without crossing them off as it's all in the past. It's like your mind does not like you pre-empting the future.

over a year ago

The crossing off of a day represents accomplishment and completion.

If you cross it off before it's finished then the present becomes the future and yet you know it cannot be and you cannot commence the next day proper and the 'extra' time you have created is a psychological limbo.

over a year ago

"Maybe it has more to do with OCD than superstition lol

I can happily not cross days off. In fact I frequently forget and have a week or so to cross off in one go.... that's when I get carried away and accidently cross off the current day *shudders*

That's what I mean by OCD - it cannot let you go past the current day until it has ended yet is quite happy to allow you to leave it for a week without crossing them off as it's all in the past. It's like your mind does not like you pre-empting the future."

It feels more like throwing time away .... ok that's starting to sound odd lol

over a year ago

Ah, well maybe that has more to do with wanting to live every second. I've found that as I've got older I'm quite happy to just let time drift by without me lifting a finger - perhaps I'm just a lazy fooker lol

Post new Message to Thread