Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

People watching. Fab membership social demographic

Jump to newest

By *idingout41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Southampton

We all love people watching and I'm sure I'm not the only one who spends much of my fab time people watching. Profiles, forums and validations all fascinate me.

So how does the fab demographic compare with the real world?

Education, age, ' class', geography, size, health, diet.........

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Pretty average?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'd say its a reflection of the real world in many respects

over a year ago

It seems to me to be a reasonably good representation of UK society as a whole in terms of perceptions and views. Where it differs is in age demographic. There is a larger proportion of younger people on Fab, than live in the country as a whole. I guess a greater proportion of oldies give up sex, so have no interest in joining Fab.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It seems to me to be a reasonably good representation of UK society as a whole in terms of perceptions and views. Where it differs is in age demographic. There is a larger proportion of younger people on Fab, than live in the country as a whole. I guess a greater proportion of oldies give up sex, so have no interest in joining Fab. "

that's interesting, do you think older people do give up on sex or are just less likely to use the internet to find it?

By *idingout41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Southampton

I suspect that there are more older people here who are genuine and more of the younger profiles are fake or just looking.

There are some very active youngsters here though

over a year ago

Good question. Probably all of the above. I'm sure the age distribution of Fab is totally at odds with society. As is the gender bias.

By *itch and TwatCouple
over a year ago

Near Rushden Lakes

"Good question. Probably all of the above. I'm sure the age distribution of Fab is totally at odds with society. As is the gender bias. "

Yes the obvious one is the gender bias...but age? Not sure, we have always thought that swingers tend to be older...but maybe the youngsters just don’t consider us (and we don’t look for them either)?

over a year ago

"I'd say its a reflection of the real world in many respects"

That’s because it IS the real world!

over a year ago

I'm talking 60 plus. Lots of retirees in society, not so many of us 'old fuckers' on Fab!

By *idingout41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Southampton

Geography wise. I think the midlands is the most active followed by Scotland. London seems very unrepresented considering how many people live there.

over a year ago

It would be nice to see the owners of Fab publish a few statistics.

over a year ago

"It seems to me to be a reasonably good representation of UK society as a whole in terms of perceptions and views. Where it differs is in age demographic. There is a larger proportion of younger people on Fab, than live in the country as a whole. I guess a greater proportion of oldies give up sex, so have no interest in joining Fab.

that's interesting, do you think older people do give up on sex or are just less likely to use the internet to find it?"

Well we haven't given up yet. Just a little more discerning in our dotage.

Post new Message to Thread