Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

ice breakers?

Jump to newest

By *abmummy27 OP   Woman
over a year ago

up north

Tips for men complaining women don't reply..

hey how are you as a first message might seem like a good idea but let's face it women get asked this question 100 times a day It gets boring repeating ourselves and fancy a fuck let's face it is never gonna work..

make the effort come on ladies let's help them with some ideas perhaps a fun question like describe your sex life with a song title maybe

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

“I’m different to all the other guys”

“Yes, I can see that from your profile

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We don't mind "hey, how are you?" It's what follows in subsequent messages that's important. Mind you we don't get hundreds of messages

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

My absolute fave recently has been.......

Wow! Do you still get horny at 62?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"My absolute fave recently has been.......

"

I'd love to know your response

By *abmummy27 OP   Woman
over a year ago

up north

"

haha cheeky buggers I wonder what would bring you to fab if you didn't lol

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"

Classic! How old were they - 61? and worried that they were going to lose it when they caught up?

By *icky-discoMan
over a year ago

oxford

Not this again it’s like the fab merry go round

over a year ago

"Tips for men complaining women don't reply..

hey how are you as a first message might seem like a good idea but let's face it women get asked this question 100 times a day It gets boring repeating ourselves and fancy a fuck let's face it is never gonna work..

make the effort come on ladies let's help them with some ideas perhaps a fun question like describe your sex life with a song title maybe "

think about it though how does one guy know what anothers written he doesn't and its perfectly polite to ask how you are ,I always try to add more mind but if they are being polite that's good in my book

over a year ago

Please stop helping people to get laid. Telling them what to write in messages or what to have on their profiles is dishonest.

I want to meet the person I like, not the person pretending to be someone else who is more interesting!

over a year ago

Blurry or old pics and cock pics are a turn off. Moaning status updates or rude ones are not appealing .verifications you leave or have on show with details can read awful and not a turn on .

By *icky-discoMan
over a year ago

oxford

"Blurry or old pics and cock pics are a turn off. Moaning status updates or rude ones are not appealing .verifications you leave or have on show with details can read awful and not a turn on .

"

About 90% of the fab population then

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

I prefer a polar bear... well they break the ice .. I just find smiles help

over a year ago

I find some fuller profiles are actually more boring in their content than those that lack detail.

A list of terms and conditions hardly makes for an attractive read.

I also tire of people advising on what is best for me.

Best plan is you do your thing and let others do theirs. It will either work for them or it won't.

They will find a way or they will leave.

You can change words as many times as you want, but you can't change an ugly character or an ugly face quite as easily.

over a year ago

Although we’re a couple and don’t have such high demands as a single woman, we don’t mind a ‘Hi, how are you’ if we’re in the mood we will have a nosey/respond.

What we don’t like is crude messages directed to Sarah.

We also don’t like crude messages directed at Sean (although this happens less as he’s fugly)

Above all send someone a message, how you’d like, just don’t be disheartened if they ignore you or say they’d rather sit on their finger, or go for a cervical smear.

over a year ago

"Blurry or old pics and cock pics are a turn off. Moaning status updates or rude ones are not appealing .verifications you leave or have on show with details can read awful and not a turn on .

About 90% of the fab population then "

Yep that's why I have had no hook ups and all filters are on after 3 weeks of really poor quality messages and observing .

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I find some fuller profiles are actually more boring in their content than those that lack detail.

A list of terms and conditions hardly makes for an attractive read.

I also tire of people advising on what is best for me.

Best plan is you do your thing and let others do theirs. It will either work for them or it won't.

They will find a way or they will leave.

You can change words as many times as you want, but you can't change an ugly character or an ugly face quite as easily."

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"Please stop helping people to get laid. Telling them what to write in messages or what to have on their profiles is dishonest.

I want to meet the person I like, not the person pretending to be someone else who is more interesting! "

Not sure I agree with this, you are not just born being able to chat up women, it takes practice and you then refine your approach. The blokes who are the best at chatting up women and the ones who do it the most. So getting some help refining that process is OK, they can't be coached through the whole process though but this just allows people to show off their personality more and then people can make a proper judgement.

over a year ago

"Please stop helping people to get laid. Telling them what to write in messages or what to have on their profiles is dishonest.

I want to meet the person I like, not the person pretending to be someone else who is more interesting! "

exactly this ,some people are just bored fullstop

over a year ago

"Not this again it’s like the fab merry go round "

It's ok, you can tell your stories about single women and couples too.

By *icassolifelikeMan
over a year ago

Luton

I thought we were talking about actual icebreakers and the engineering that goes into such powerful machines............

over a year ago

I want to meet the person I like, not the person pretending to be someone else who is more interesting!

Not sure I agree with this, you are not just born being able to chat up women, it takes practice and you then refine your approach. The blokes who are the best at chatting up women and the ones who do it the most. So getting some help refining that process is OK, they can't be coached through the whole process though but this just allows people to show off their personality more and then people can make a proper judgement. "

I'm always open to having my opinion changed. You make a fair point.

By *hamboy69Man
over a year ago

huddersfield

Best not to worry about profiles and opening messages just go to a decent club at least you know everyone there is genuine

over a year ago

"Best not to worry about profiles and opening messages just go to a decent club at least you know everyone there is genuine "

Not everyone is able to access clubs easily though e.g. distance, time etc

By *rsTrellisWoman
over a year ago

Cambridge

I like stuff like...

“Hi there. Hope you’re enjoying the snow. I tried to build a snowman but it fell over! [something to comment on]

I noticed from your profile that you’re interested in local men who like a bit of a chat [shows you’ve read the profile]. I’m always happy to chat and, if you wanted to take things further some time, I think from your profile, that I’m into the things you’re looking for. But I’ll only tell you more about that if you ask!

So, to break the ice a little... what’s your new year’s resolution?” [ending on an easy question gives me an easy come back].

By *icky-discoMan
over a year ago

oxford

"Not this again it’s like the fab merry go round

It's ok, you can tell your stories about single women and couples too. "

I don’t have any

By *G LanaTV/TS
over a year ago

Gosport

"I thought we were talking about actual icebreakers and the engineering that goes into such powerful machines............ "

So I'm not the only one. I was hoping for some interesting details on the Russian nuclear powered ones.

over a year ago

You don't get laid in a bar with one line so don't expect it here.

If a profile is well-written and intelligent and you're not, best to move on.

Other than that, you're on your own.

Post new Message to Thread