Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bad Spelling

Jump to newest

By *affquest OP   Couple
over a year ago

Rotherham

Does it put anyone else off looking further if the profile is littered with spelling mistakes ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *octor DeleriumMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Definitly.

Dr Nasty

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yep, a person's unlikely to get a response from us if they can't string together a proper message.

C

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

nit rooly

By *affquest OP   Couple
over a year ago

Rotherham

Yep, a person's unlikely to get a response from us if they can't string together a proper message.

Phew , glad it’s not just me. I was worried I was just going to get a load of abuse for this post :/

By *lueWonderMan
over a year ago

Preston.....ish

Eye downt no wot ur trieing two sey

over a year ago

"Yep, a person's unlikely to get a response from us if they can't string together a proper message.

"

Can I ask why ?

over a year ago

"nit rooly "

Bryleant!

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Does it put anyone else off looking further if the profile is littered with spelling mistakes ?"

Nope , not at all .

We will check out the pics , the veris , and then decide .

Spelling and grammar don’t matter one bit .

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

No but I’m dyslexic myself so rely heavily on autocorrect to help me. In fact I find mis spelt words easier to read

over a year ago

"Does it put anyone else off looking further if the profile is littered with spelling mistakes ?"
oh yes but some people are dyslexics,some are under the influence and some just have fat fingers

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Yep, a person's unlikely to get a response from us if they can't string together a proper message.

Phew , glad it’s not just me. I was worried I was just going to get a load of abuse for this post :/"

Nah...think people are having a rest as this comes up at least twice a day.

Personally, if I need a Rosetta Stone to decipher a profile/message I ignore and move on.

I don't feel the need to draw attention/belittle, but we're all different n'est pa?

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

No, I've met some dreadful spellers who were great guys, and it really didn't affect their sexual ability

By *iscean MaleMan
over a year ago

Darlaston

No it doesnt. Before the realms of spell checkers open up etc.. am sure there are worse things said correctly than a mis spelt polite message.

By *affquest OP   Couple
over a year ago

Rotherham

Can I ask why ?

Tell him Cute and Kitten

over a year ago

Can I ask why ?

Tell him Cute and Kitten "

you talking to yourself again?

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

No ,this is always getting brought up

Some people can't help it, as long as we can read it then no worries.

If ita just txt talk then yes,puts us off slightly

Miss

By *lymanMan
over a year ago

PLYMOUTH

Just checked out the previous 35 times spelling has made the forum,

To get a balanced opinion guess what ? Some care

Some do not

By *affquest OP   Couple
over a year ago

Rotherham

No but I’m dyslexic myself so rely heavily on autocorrect to help me. In fact I find mis spelt words easier to read.

First things first, what gorgeous eyes you have.

Second , exactly- spell check! There’s no excuse ( and no spelling mistakes in your reply either to prove the point).

Nice profile by the way xxx

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

No..

I'm not a spelling nazi..

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It depends if I can understand them and they are a good match. It may not be about intelligence or efforts, so I try to treat others with more of a supportive outlook.

over a year ago

"No but I’m dyslexic myself so rely heavily on autocorrect to help me. In fact I find mis spelt words easier to read.

Second , exactly- spell check! There’s no excuse ( and no spelling mistakes in your reply either to prove the point).

Nice profile by the way xxx"

who mine? Thanks x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"No but I’m dyslexic myself so rely heavily on autocorrect to help me. In fact I find mis spelt words easier to read.

If you click on reply+quote it will quote the message you're replying to

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Thanks for the compliments

Spell check can be a blessing or a curse, as sometimes many words are so similar, I think I’m selecting the correct word for what I’m trying to say and pick the one wrong, so while the word I’ve picked is spelt right my sentence then doesn’t make sense

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

And then in the last post I should have said “wrong one” not “one wrong” so I make grammatically slips like that too

I think as long as you get the general jist of what people are trying to say it doesn’t matter.

I do find my condition frustrating, I don’t like making those kind of mistakes, it’s the only real thing about myself that I’m subconscious about

over a year ago

No. If I like the look of the person I'll chat. It's what someone says that attracts me, not their spelling or grammar.

People can get help with spell check and autocorrect, but not with what the content of their messages.

By *affquest OP   Couple
over a year ago

Rotherham

"And then in the last post I should have said “wrong one” not “one wrong” so I make grammatically slips like that too

I think as long as you get the general jist of what people are trying to say it doesn’t matter.

I do find my condition frustrating, I don’t like making those kind of mistakes, it’s the only real thing about myself that I’m subconscious about "

Hey gorgeous, I wasn’t judging. I was just asking if it put others off. I didn’t say it put me off. Believe me , I didn’t get past your first sentence before I flicked channels to look at your profile and send you a wink( now that’s a word you don’t want to spell wrong) xxx

over a year ago

It depends if it is through difficulty spelling or just laziness.

The former i dont mind, the latter i do.

over a year ago

"And then in the last post I should have said “wrong one” not “one wrong” so I make grammatically slips like that too

I do find my condition frustrating, I don’t like making those kind of mistakes, it’s the only real thing about myself that I’m subconscious about

Hey gorgeous, I wasn’t judging. I was just asking if it put others off. I didn’t say it put me off. Believe me , I didn’t get past your first sentence before I flicked channels to look at your profile and send you a wink( now that’s a word you don’t want to spell wrong) xxx"

wink or suck ?

over a year ago

Don't care. Who fancies a fuck? Leave the spellers to their spelling bee.

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Hey gorgeous, I wasn’t judging. I was just asking if it put others off. I didn’t say it put me off. Believe me , I didn’t get past your first sentence before I flicked channels to look at your profile and send you a wink( now that’s a word you don’t want to spell wrong) xxx"

Well at least my gallery as allowed you to think outside the box

As Ive said many times on siliar threads I do my best with it people can like it or lump it

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Bad spelling or grammar in themselves won't put me off.

However, a negative, illegible one will. I also struggle with reading text speak, and long chucks wirh no punctuation. Both of these are much more likely to put me off... I also read forum posts which can give a good insight into people.

Nita

By *uzie69xTV/TS
over a year ago

Maidstone

This is a great thread as I currently have a guy who is a good match in many ways... totally adores me and wants me to be his GF (and I am looking). BUT his spelling is very poor (dyslexia). His texts grate on me...

"It depends if I can understand them and they are a good match. It may not be about intelligence or efforts, so I try to treat others with more of a supportive outlook. "

I wish I knew how...

By *lymanMan
over a year ago

PLYMOUTH

Think it would matter to those on here seeking scrabble partners

By *uzie69xTV/TS
over a year ago

Maidstone

"Think it would matter to those on here seeking scrabble partners "

I LURVE SCRABBLE....!!! (and I can spell LOVE..! LOL!).

over a year ago

There is a difference between genuine typo's, lazy txt spk and dyslexia.

It becomes apparent if someone is dealing with dyslexia, they tend to get a hard time.

If a person cannot engage in conversation, it is a turn off. If they can, but struggle with the written word, then I think a little bit of slack is justified.

Look at the person, not their faults and you may have a better Fab experience. Unless of course critisising others gets you hard / wet or horny.

over a year ago

It does not really put me off, thing is these days a lot of people use phones and predictive text, so most things are shortened down in the same way they would text people, most of the time you can usually understand it, crack on I say.

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Think it would matter to those on here seeking scrabble partners "

Ha ha !

There was a post a couple of days ago where this was the case

By *icky-discoMan
over a year ago

oxford

what about those with dyslexia?

over a year ago

"Definitly.

Dr Nasty"

Deliberate spelling mistake on your part, Dr Nasty?

By *uzie69xTV/TS
over a year ago

Maidstone

"Look at the person, not their faults and you may have a better Fab experience. Unless of course critisising others gets you hard / wet or horny."

Quite the opposite, I don't like correcting him - I should just learn to relax around the issue.

He is in a job he hates and I've said I'd help him with his Job Applications but I find myself being his Mother rather than his GF. Is this something that bothers other women too???

over a year ago

No as long as we can get the idea of what the person is trying to write or say, is fine by us, we don't know the reason behind why the person may be like the way they are

By *icky-discoMan
over a year ago

oxford

And not everyone is very articulate in messages but in real life they are very intresting and a pleasure to spend time with

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

"And not everyone is very articulate in messages but in real life they are very intresting and a pleasure to spend time with "

I get how intelligent I am as a compliment quite often in person, one of my verifications (from a fellow dyslexic forums user) even paid my that compliment in the verification itself, I just wish I could communicate it as well via the written word, without the need to rely on auto correct

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

No, spelling and grammatical errors don't put me of in the least, being dyslexic myself I find the messages more honest if mistakes are made, proves it's not copy and paste.

No one has ever spelt me into bed.

People should just be more accepting of others and be nice to each other.

By *icky-discoMan
over a year ago

oxford

"And not everyone is very articulate in messages but in real life they are very intresting and a pleasure to spend time with

I get how intelligent I am as a compliment quite often in person, one of my verifications (from a fellow dyslexic forums user) even paid my that compliment in the verification itself, I just wish I could communicate it as well via the written word, without the need to rely on auto correct "

I’m the same thank god for auto correct sometimes I can imagine you’re a hoot in real life x

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

"And not everyone is very articulate in messages but in real life they are very intresting and a pleasure to spend time with

I get how intelligent I am as a compliment quite often in person, one of my verifications (from a fellow dyslexic forums user) even paid my that compliment in the verification itself, I just wish I could communicate it as well via the written word, without the need to rely on auto correct

I’m the same thank god for auto correct sometimes I can imagine you’re a hoot in real life x"

Well I like to think so, but that’s not really for me to comment on

over a year ago

"Shag now?" - Would put me off and it's spelled properly even with a capital letter and punctuation.

"wud u lik a cofee sumtime i lik to chat furst to git to no ppl" - I'd reply to this.

over a year ago

""Shag now?" - Would put me off and it's spelled properly even with a capital letter and punctuation.

"wud u lik a cofee sumtime i lik to chat furst to git to no ppl" - I'd reply to this.

"

of course you would .....fancy a game of strip scrabble ?

By *quarianwhisperMan
over a year ago

Berkshire

I do my best to spell right. But when you're foreign it isn't easy sometimes

over a year ago

Content of messages over composure of messages.

If I can understand what they're trying to convey then I'm good with that otherwise why? It has no bearing on how attractive they are or how good they are in bed or anything else really...I'm not employing a p.a, I'm talking to people I want to have a laugh with and very possibly fuck. Where does spelling come into any of that?

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Ffs this bollex is becoming daily. Wish I could put everyone of you in my and other's like me shoes just for a day and see just how you'd service. We put 10x the effort into writing anything we do so why not just try putting half that effort in and you just might find somebody you really didn't expect......

over a year ago

"Ffs this bollex is becoming daily. Wish I could put everyone of you in my and other's like me shoes just for a day and see just how you'd service. We put 10x the effort into writing anything we do so why not just try putting half that effort in and you just might find somebody you really didn't expect......"

Cocked the spelling up a bit there bladey fella

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I get how intelligent I am as a compliment quite often in person, one of my verifications (from a fellow dyslexic forums user) even paid my that compliment in the verification itself, I just wish I could communicate it as well via the written word, without the need to rely on auto correct "

Which idiot was that then

over a year ago

"Ffs this bollex is becoming daily. Wish I could put everyone of you in my and other's like me shoes just for a day and see just how you'd service. We put 10x the effort into writing anything we do so why not just try putting half that effort in and you just might find somebody you really didn't expect......

Cocked the spelling up a bit there bladey fella "

On a more serious note, I don't think folk understand what it's like living with dyslexia and shit like that..fuck knows i don't but i recognize it as a thing that folk struggle with.

And beyond that..even just bad spelling doesn't mean a thing, some folk can't spell for toffee but are still bright and successful..

Folk like to have stuff to lord over other people with

over a year ago

No. As you don't know the reasons behind the errors, it's unkind to judge. Laziness is not acceptable but people with disadvantages such as dyslexia should not be ridiculed for something they cannot always control or manage, even with auto correct etc.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not important to me.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Ffs this bollex is becoming daily. Wish I could put everyone of you in my and other's like me shoes just for a day and see just how you'd service. We put 10x the effort into writing anything we do so why not just try putting half that effort in and you just might find somebody you really didn't expect......

Shit happens mate

over a year ago

On a more serious note, I don't think folk understand what it's like living with dyslexia and shit like that..fuck knows i don't but i recognize it as a thing that folk struggle with.

And beyond that..even just bad spelling doesn't mean a thing, some folk can't spell for toffee but are still bright and successful..

Folk like to have stuff to lord over other people with "

If it's just something that puts them off I see no issue with that.

If they are lording over people about it or thinking they are better than them, that's up to them. Better to know they are like that so you don't accidentally end up meeting them.

By *K430Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

If spelling is really something that would turn you off someone then they are a lucky person to have avoided you , judge people on what they're like not on how well they spell

By *entileschiWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

I find text speak off putting but spelling mistakes could be down to dyslexia, which I always try to bear in mind.

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Not sure if I can recall but I’ll tell you one thing about him

He can’t spell bollocks to save his own

over a year ago

Or getting message with spelling mistakes or text talk ... ugh

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

He can’t spell bollocks to save his own "

Flancy a fluck

over a year ago

If they are lording over people about it or thinking they are better than them, that's up to them. Better to know they are like that so you don't accidentally end up meeting them. "

It's the types you see taking the piss on here sometimes..jumping in to take the piss like on seesides transport thread for example. You can almost sense the sneering little c**ts..like they're somehow better because they can string letters together..whoppie do.

I'd bet money on the fact these people they judge could outsmart them in various other departments. They won't see that though, as if spelling is some kind of clue as to how smart a person is

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Flancy a fluck "

Why not I’ve got a spare 10 mins

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Flancy a fluck

"

In that case you'll easy have time to make us a brew with the 9 min 40 secs you'll have spare

over a year ago

Think there are far bigger things that put me off a profile than just spelling mistakes

over a year ago

If they are lording over people about it or thinking they are better than them, that's up to them. Better to know they are like that so you don't accidentally end up meeting them.

It's the types you see taking the piss on here sometimes..jumping in to take the piss like on seesides transport thread for example. You can almost sense the sneering little c**ts..like they're somehow better because they can string letters together..whoppie do.

I'd bet money on the fact these people they judge could outsmart them in various other departments. They won't see that though, as if spelling is some kind of clue as to how smart a person is "

You're judging them.

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I'd bet money on the fact these people they judge could outsmart them in various other departments. They won't see that though, as if spelling is some kind of clue as to how smart a person is "

Yeah but that was the funny thing those people calling him had spelling mistakes themselves,which made them look really silly!

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Flancy a fluck

In that case you'll easy have time to make us a brew with the 9 min 40 secs you'll have spare "

One lump or two

As I’ve got plenty of lumps to go round

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Flancy a fluck

In that case you'll easy have time to make us a brew with the 9 min 40 secs you'll have spare

One lump or two

As I’ve got plenty of lumps to go round "

Why did that make me think of the lumpy spunk thread

over a year ago

I'd bet money on the fact these people they judge could outsmart them in various other departments. They won't see that though, as if spelling is some kind of clue as to how smart a person is

You're judging them."

Yes.

I like to do that to those that do it to others..it's more sporting

over a year ago

Doesn’t bother me at all, I wouldn’t have met mr if it did as he’s awful at times. But I got his messages ok and understood what he was saying. And my daughter is dyslexic so I can appreciate the struggle people deal with daily to put into words what they could say quite articulately x

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Flancy a fluck

One lump or two

Why did that make me think of the lumpy spunk thread "

Not sure

I’m a woman of many mysteries but a cock hiding under my gut is not one of them

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Flancy a fluck

One lump or two

Not sure

I’m a woman of many mysteries but a cock hiding under my gut is not one of them "

Carful remember where you are your inbox will be bulging with offers to try

over a year ago

Phew , glad it’s not just me. I was worried I was just going to get a load of abuse for this post :/"

It doesn't bother me. I'm more put off by people who can't reply/quote

over a year ago

Flancy a fluck

One lump or two

Not sure

I’m a woman of many mysteries but a cock hiding under my gut is not one of them "

Are you sure? New nickname imminent 'Curvycockedmama'

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Look at the person, not their faults and you may have a better Fab experience. Unless of course critisising others gets you hard / wet or horny.

Quite the opposite, I don't like correcting him - I should just learn to relax around the issue.

He is in a job he hates and I've said I'd help him with his Job Applications but I find myself being his Mother rather than his GF. Is this something that bothers other women too???"

Not in spelling: he speaks seven languages, English being his sixth and it's better than mine: and mine's good.

He is a slob though, and having to tell him to pick up his tools, put his dirty clothes in the laundry basket, wash up his plate, make up the bed...I feel like his mother. It grates as I only had to tell my children once to do something, yet here I am repeatedly banging up my gums to a grown man!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"If spelling is really something that would turn you off someone then they are a lucky person to have avoided you , judge people on what they're like not on how well they spell "

Says you!

I was trying to communicate with a man who took ages to answer. I didn't mind, but said I'd chat when he was less busy. He wasn't busy, he was looking up the words I used as he didn't understand them.

I was writing in English. He was English but struggled with words with more than two syllables...I like exchanging messages, I like getting to know people. If we can't communicate it's a non starter for me.

Others won't care as long as he has a big cock.

Just because someone is not for you doesn't mean they're up themselves. I know I'll never have universal appeal and would never berate someone who didn't want to meet me if I was out of their selection criteria.

By *igertigerCouple (MM)
over a year ago

cc hotel

most definitely

over a year ago

Typos - No

Text speak - Yes!!!!

Hurts my eyes and I think it's a disgrace that schools (from what I've heard) are now accepting txt spk. FFS even my mum, who's 66, sends me texts which I struggle to decipher. I'm not arsed about dating Rachel Riley esque boffins (tho I obviously wouldn't turn down a fuck ) but I really don't feel I could build a rapport with someone who is too lazy to even try and type a correct sentence.

over a year ago

The worst ones are 'k' for 'ok', 'iv' for 'I've' and dropping the 'h' on words like 'has' and 'have'. No excuse you lazy twats!!

By *ficouldMan
over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

"No but I’m dyslexic myself so rely heavily on autocorrect to help me. In fact I find mis spelt words easier to read "

And in the immortal typed words of an other formulite 'autocarrot' gets it wrong too, or out of context.

over a year ago

no and my spelling is crap .

By *abmummy27Woman
over a year ago

up north

I think this is a little unfair some people just simply are unable to spell (dyslexic) it doesn't mean they shouldn't be given a chance you'll probably find you missed out on the best meet you could have one of my fave meets on here is a useless speller doest mean he should be brushed of because of this

Post new Message to Thread