Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

2017... a time of reflection

Jump to newest

By *icearms OP   Man
over a year ago

KIDLINGTON

So I know it's the season to be jolly, but as the year closed to an end it does give you time to reflect in things and in truth clear the mind for the new year....

Some of you will know through jungle drums and some may know and other may not but 2017 saw me make some pretty shitty decisions and act in a pretty stupid manner.

It's times like this when you realise how your actions affect other people and no matter how badly you chase the dreams and deny how shit things in life are things come back to bite you.

So to anyone out there affected by my actions I truly apologise. And for anyone that has negative impressions of me I also apologise.

Here is to 2018 and a new start and a new me....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Thank fuck 2017 is coming to a close!

By *icearms OP   Man
over a year ago

KIDLINGTON

"Thank fuck 2017 is coming to a close!"

over a year ago

"So I know it's the season to be jolly, but as the year closed to an end it does give you time to reflect in things and in truth clear the mind for the new year....

Some of you will know through jungle drums and some may know and other may not but 2017 saw me make some pretty shitty decisions and act in a pretty stupid manner.

It's times like this when you realise how your actions affect other people and no matter how badly you chase the dreams and deny how shit things in life are things come back to bite you.

So to anyone out there affected by my actions I truly apologise. And for anyone that has negative impressions of me I also apologise.

Here is to 2018 and a new start and a new me...."

What did you do?

over a year ago

"So I know it's the season to be jolly, but as the year closed to an end it does give you time to reflect in things and in truth clear the mind for the new year....

Maybe you don't need a new you... Just tweak the great bits of you to enhance what's already there x

over a year ago

I like it pal, good luck for 2018.

over a year ago

If the truth be known...we have all been there in one way or another...so I'd say a nice honest post and keep the personal details to yourself...eh steely

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Well I think it's safe to say 2017 hasn't ended the way I'd have hoped.... It's been a pretty rocky few months on several levels but I'm here, I'm brushing myself off and preparing for a better 2018!

New challenges set, new goals to achieve

Merry Christmas _icearms, and everyone else. Let's kick 2018's butt!

over a year ago

Takes balls to say this. Well done I hope 2018 is a much happier year for you

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

I like reflecting on the years events.

I have come to the conclusion that some things need to be put in a box and shelved, I need to let go and move on.

I need to embrace new beginnings and change and try to put myself first a little more. To hold the ones I love a little closer for a lot longer.

To focus on my career and what I want for my future.

I plan to be proactive and ensure that I and the very best version of myself.

To love and be loved in return, my heart is a precious gift to give.

2017 gave me many tears, many smiles, good memories, sad memories and a lot of changes.

I didn't think things would be so different this Christmas, they certainly aren't what I had hoped for.

Be kind to yourself. Life is a journey and nothing is coincidence. People come into your life for a reason, some stay and some leave.

Kisses

over a year ago

Honey

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

Like any other years, I gain some and I lose some.

There are all sorts of experiences good and bad.

I feel 2017 a bit slow and am happy that it will turn 2018 soon...but maybe because I'm looking forward for late 2019/2020 for some personal events.

All said, I'm thankful for whatever that have happened/experienced.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

3yrs ago today, my son took a photo of us all.

That photo really did change my life.

It was a cold hard shock as too how bad I looked.

I vowed to change everything single thing about myself.

I'm looking at that pic now, and feeling very proud of just what I have achieved, and now have a successful business, helping others make those same changes too.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"3yrs ago today, my son took a photo of us all.

I'm looking at that pic now, and feeling very proud of just what I have achieved, and now have a successful business, helping others make those same changes too.

"

Such great determination! Wish I had that x

over a year ago

Looking forward to 2018 and putting 2017 behind me. Sadly the negative aspects will continue due to a very nasty person. I can only pray karma bites him in the arse sooner, rather than later. At least 2018 will bring an incredibly busy time for me so won't have the time to be upset, let alone dwell.

May your problems be tiny and joys be immense in 2018 folks

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"3yrs ago today, my son took a photo of us all.

Such great determination! Wish I had that x "

Determination & a final 2 fingers up at someone!

over a year ago

I don't know what you looked like before Phoenix but you look awesome now

I'd like you to send a bit if that determination my way for 2018 please.

I want to change my life!

It starts with feeling better about myself xx

over a year ago

2017 wasn't too bad all things considered.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"I don't know what you looked like before Phoenix but you look awesome now

It starts with feeling better about myself xx"

10 stone heavier!

I just saw something that day, & something in my brain clicked.

The determination came from proving the doubter(s) wrong.

By *oubyLoverWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"I don't know what you looked like before Phoenix but you look awesome now

It starts with feeling better about myself xx

10 stone heavier!

I just saw something that day, & something in my brain clicked.

The determination came from proving the doubter(s) wrong.

"

Brilliant achievement

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"

Brilliant achievement "

Thank you lovey xx

over a year ago

I definitely have done a bit of reflection of the past 12 months. It hasn’t been the best year but it hasn’t been the worst. Probably the most striking thing was the discovery of my inner crazy bitch. God love her she’s caused me some strife. 2018 is the year I conquer her once and for all.

over a year ago

2017 has been full of major life challenges at every level for me. Great emotional pain can make one feel quite alive and present just as great joy can. I am glad to see 2017 coming to an end and look forward to 2018 and the major traditions that will be unleashed... wishing all of you more peace, love, and kindness and less materialism.

over a year ago

2017 has been the year where I have felt both my physical and mental health slip.

I have taken the first step to change that already and will be taking a couple more steps in the New Year.

2018 is about ME. I would never knowingly tread on others to achieve this, but if I need to be selfish to achieve it, I will.

As for you OP, standing up and recognising where you went wrong is a mighty big step in setting yourself off in the right direction second time round

By *rimson_RoseWoman
over a year ago

Tamworth

I too will be glad to see the back of 2017.

With luck, a significant change in my life will be formalised, preferably sooner rather than later and with minimal fuss. Then - onwards and upwards.

over a year ago

I think i need to stop wasting time on folk that really don't give two hoots about me and focus more on those that do.

Simple really, when you think about it, but sometimes it takes a wee while for the realisation to hit home.

over a year ago

2017 was shit.

2018 will be better. If it doesn't show signs of being better by mid Jan I'm gonna kick the shit out of it until it does

over a year ago

"2017 was shit.

2018 will be better. If it doesn't show signs of being better by mid Jan I'm gonna kick the shit out of it until it does "

Flicks through diary...

over a year ago

2017 has been a very mixed bag for me, I started of the year very depressed but I got a job which I love and we’ve lost a house, I lost my best friend which was the most shitest thing ever, my son was run over and I had to make a horrible journey back to Kent thinking our life might change but thankfully he is ok.

Overall, even with all the above I’ve made it to then end, still here and still fighting!! Looking forward to 2018, getting married, hopefully a new home and looking forward to being Mrs Ads.

Geeky x

By *exyspecs and supermanCouple
over a year ago

A house, a very big house in the country

It's had its ups and downs.....

There's been cunts and beautiful people in my life.

over a year ago

"2017 was shit.

2018 will be better. If it doesn't show signs of being better by mid Jan I'm gonna kick the shit out of it until it does

Flicks through diary..."

Most of my January is blank! It won't be for long

Post new Message to Thread