Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lonely Christmas

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Times like these make me think should I be in a relationship; having your own place and a lot of time on your own makes you think a lot about certain things..

Shout out to fellow single fabbers! We can do it!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We can

Merry Christmas

over a year ago

I have been single for 10 years. No family nor children. I never feel lonely, I love my own space. If I feel I want to be with people, there are lots of people I can pester

over a year ago

"I have been single for 10 years. No family nor children. I never feel lonely, I love my own space. If I feel I want to be with people, there are lots of people I can pester "

Definitely a good way to think and look at things! Thank you

over a year ago

Be grateful what you have as the grass isn't always greener. It can be a much lonelier place in a unhappy relationship/marriage here people feel trapped and unable to escape.

over a year ago

I,d like a man for Christmas. Naked under the tree, wrapped in shinny wrapping paper with a bow on. X

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

"I,d like a man for Christmas. Naked under the tree, wrapped in shinny wrapping paper with a bow on. X"

Hah wouldnt we all

over a year ago

"I,d like a man for Christmas. Naked under the tree, wrapped in shinny wrapping paper with a bow on. X"

Sure we could sort that out

over a year ago

Nah, forget the wrapping

over a year ago

No one forces anyone into a relationship and no one forces anyone to stay in one. Those who choose to stay in one and say they are unhappy want their cake and eat it!

over a year ago

second xmas alone for me , i do miss the company of a woman though

over a year ago

Just your second....first ones the deepest cut...rest aren't much shallower...just your skin gets thicker.

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

"No one forces anyone into a relationship and no one forces anyone to stay in one. Those who choose to stay in one and say they are unhappy want their cake and eat it!"

Or are financially bound to it... everyone has a different story...

over a year ago

"No one forces anyone into a relationship and no one forces anyone to stay in one. Those who choose to stay in one and say they are unhappy want their cake and eat it!"

What utter crap. Total and utter crap

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"Be grateful what you have as the grass isn't always greener. It can be a much lonelier place in a unhappy relationship/marriage here people feel trapped and unable to escape.

"

Agree absolutely!

I had two very lonely long term relationships!

Been much happier in the last five years as a singleton!

I vowed that I won’t have a relationship again unless it’s a good one!

Having said that - I have 3 lovely kids and a fantastic family - and there’ll be 11 of us for Christmas dinner at mine tomorrow!

Huge hugs to those who aren’t that lucky! Xxx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/12/17 17:23:11]

over a year ago

"Be grateful what you have as the grass isn't always greener. It can be a much lonelier place in a unhappy relationship/marriage here people feel trapped and unable to escape.

Agree absolutely!

I had two very lonely long term relationships!

Been much happier in the last five years as a singleton!

I vowed that I won’t have a relationship again unless it’s a good one!

Having said that - I have 3 lovely kids and a fantastic family - and there’ll be 11 of us for Christmas dinner at mine tomorrow!

Huge hugs to those who aren’t that lucky! Xxx"

I’ll be on my own tomorrow, I too looking for a good relationship. I hope you have a great day tomorrow. Xx

over a year ago

So everyone was forced into a relationship....and homeless guys had the option to stay in the home where a relationship broke down...I can see a gender perspective coming into play here and I can see the pride of lionesses circling their prey.

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

Even though Ive not been in a relationship for 10 years. Having a young son, big wonderful family with 3 sisters who are also my best friends makes me feel lucky.

Merry Christmas to you all 

By *4gnumprMan
over a year ago

telford

Should I bring mistletoe

over a year ago

"No one forces anyone into a relationship and no one forces anyone to stay in one. Those who choose to stay in one and say they are unhappy want their cake and eat it!

"

You make my point for me...choose to stay than accept a bit of hardship.

By *igerlilycubWoman
over a year ago

Lancashire

Merry Xmas xx

over a year ago

God so right. Done the fake, everything's ok Christmas with the ex and all the family. Never been so lonely in all my life.

10 years on my own at xmas, love it

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/12/17 17:41:11]

over a year ago

I am not alone for Christmas and I'm glad I'm not.. I like my own company and I'm happy in my own company, but I enjoy the social side of Christmas day and I think it's the only day I would like to at least spend some of it with friends and family.

I know may people spend Christmas alone for many many reasons but it always makes me feel a bit sad.. I have friends who I know will be alone at Christmas,because they want to be and I respect that and sometimes they are alone and can't travel or have no-one to pet sit etc. I always set an extra place at the table Christmas day.. And it's always open house if anyone changes their mind...

over a year ago

"No one forces anyone into a relationship and no one forces anyone to stay in one. Those who choose to stay in one and say they are unhappy want their cake and eat it!

What utter crap. Total and utter crap"

So people are forced into and forced to stay in relationships in this country??? I wonder who's actually talking the crap!!!!!

over a year ago

"God so right. Done the fake, everything's ok Christmas with the ex and all the family. Never been so lonely in all my life.

10 years on my own at xmas, love it"

Novelty wears off after a bit...particularly if there are extended baron periods.

over a year ago

So people are forced into and forced to stay in relationships in this country??? I wonder who's actually talking the crap!!!!!"

Please dont pm me.

Thankyou

over a year ago

The option is there sappy...probably part of the terms when you choose to comment...try not to be a troll though eh love!

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Shouting out!

By *un4meanduMan
over a year ago

STOTFOLD

"

agreed

over a year ago

agreed "

The grass may not be greener, but are people confusing two different issues of unhappiness in a relationship with the loneliness of not being in one. One issue just devalues the other.

over a year ago

Its just another day !

And one day you will look back and remember when u posted it """

Just keep smiling ,, yr dat will cum xxxxx

over a year ago

"Its just another day !

And one day you will look back and remember when u posted it """

Just keep smiling ,, yr dat will cum xxxxx"

It is just another day, you're right...that's how you get through it.

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

You make my point for me...choose to stay than accept a bit of hardship."

I'm not going to get in to a debate about this. Just remember, there are occasions where it is not black and white and I am most definitely a black and white person. There are situations whereby you have to call stalemate til an opportunity comes up that is beneficial to all parties.

over a year ago

"

This ^

over a year ago

I'm not going to get in to a debate about this. Just remember, there are occasions where it is not black and white and I am most definitely a black and white person. There are situations whereby you have to call stalemate til an opportunity comes up that is beneficial to all parties. "

I wonder how many of the situations we're advocating are a stalemate because neither party chooses or makes efforts to change anything, or choose to do nothing and just claim to be the victim of a situation?

By *he Devils Daughter!Woman
over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

I’m single n love my own space n still enjoy Xmas , mind u I am working tomoz so it’s just another day for me tomoz , happy Xmas OP try have a good one x

over a year ago

Don't try and reason with cheaters...

They always have their " reasons "

Yawn!

over a year ago

"Don't try and reason with cheaters...

They always have their " reasons "

Yawn!

"

If you can't reason with a cheater, it's because one of you is a narcissist!

over a year ago

^That's Brian wisdom, nor a personal dig btw.

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

I'm not going to get in to a debate about this. Just remember, there are occasions where it is not black and white and I am most definitely a black and white person. There are situations whereby you have to call stalemate til an opportunity comes up that is beneficial to all parties.

I wonder how many of the situations we're advocating are a stalemate because neither party chooses or makes efforts to change anything, or choose to do nothing and just claim to be the victim of a situation?"

As I said I'm not doing the debate thing. I have seen various friends in various situations. Some have a positive outcome, most don't and that is down to being tied to a financial situation. Grey. Not black or white

over a year ago

I wonder how many of the situations we're advocating are a stalemate because neither party chooses or makes efforts to change anything, or choose to do nothing and just claim to be the victim of a situation?

As I said I'm not doing the debate thing. I have seen various friends in various situations. Some have a positive outcome, most don't and that is down to being tied to a financial situation. Grey. Not black or white"

I don't disagree with your point. I hate to use the cliché the world is 50 shades of grey....partnership in life stems from survival, not comfort - that's a bonus. Think Maslot's hierarchy of needs. I think the desire to not suffer hardship of any sort clouds people's desire for personal contentment.

over a year ago

"Just your second....first ones the deepest cut...rest aren't much shallower...just your skin gets thicker."

Sounds a little bitter

By *lmostthereMan
over a year ago

Southampton

Tried this once. Got a nasty rash from the paper.

By *ornyandwellhungMan
over a year ago

belfast

"I,d like a man for Christmas. Naked under the tree, wrapped in shinny wrapping paper with a bow on. X

Hah wouldnt we all "

I wish I were under your tree Spiderwoman,

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's so comfortable being single, though I understand how some can feel they are missing out.

I might get a cat again in 2018, so there's the patter of another around.

By *.1079Man
over a year ago

Rhyl

Yeah waking up Christmas day on your own is shit

By *irestorm 500Couple
over a year ago

coventry

"Yeah waking up Christmas day on your own is shit"

Have my kids but would love to wake up to a cuddle and snuggle with the one I love x storm x

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

Doesn't feel much Christmas going for a run with a friend in a bit. Will have my Christmas head on later

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

What utter crap. Total and utter crap"

I'd have to agree with him. We do have free will. When I left my husband I had lost 80% of my sight. There was no guarantee it would return.

I could remain "safe and unhappy" or gamble with uncertainty and happiness. I was financially secure to start again without forcing a sale of the marital home. I had to maintain a base for my girls in case everything went tits up.

It didn't, majority of my sight came back and I'm happy.

I recognise it's not easy for everyone to walk away, but the reality is we can!

over a year ago

I'd have to agree with him. We do have free will. When I left my husband I had lost 80% of my sight. There was no guarantee it would return.

I could remain "safe and unhappy" or gamble with uncertainty and happiness. I was financially secure to start again without forcing a sale of the marital home. I had to maintain a base for my girls in case everything went tits up.

I recognise it's not easy for everyone to walk away, but the reality is we can!"

You still had a secure home for you and your children then?

over a year ago

i'm sending you all my virtual love and wishing you a merry christmas

If you're able to... start your day off with a boom!! ( orgasmic )

over a year ago

Yeah, i do also sometimes thing it would be lovely to have someone. I dont mind being single as i would rather that than be with someone that is not right for me. I live in hope that i can meet the right lady to enjoy the swinging life with and someone who can accept my bi side.

over a year ago

"Yeah, i do also sometimes thing it would be lovely to have someone. I dont mind being single as i would rather that than be with someone that is not right for me. I live in hope that i can meet the right lady to enjoy the swinging life with and someone who can accept my bi side. "

I’m sure they are out there somewhere

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I recognise it's not easy for everyone to walk away, but the reality is we can!

You still had a secure home for you and your children then?"

Don't think my ex husband would have taken a blind wife back or my employer keep me on if I were blind. Also don't think Santander would have allowed me to stay in my house if I didn't have a job to pay the mortgage.

My children had a safety net, I didn't.

over a year ago

Cor in this weather I hope you leave your heating on or he’ll be frozen by the time you got up

Ads

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

"

Oh dear. Doesn't sound good there.

We've been married nearly 30 years and have never been happier.

Hope you can work through your problems.

By *quarianwhisperMan
over a year ago

Berkshire

This is first Christmas I am on my own as single. And it is weird

over a year ago

"I,d like a man for Christmas. Naked under the tree, wrapped in shinny wrapping paper with a bow on. X

Cor in this weather I hope you leave your heating on or he’ll be frozen by the time you got up

Ads"

Ha!

Post new Message to Thread