Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Car insurance

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I heard of someone stopped on their way to work. They only had social domestic and not travelling to work on their insurance.

Check your cover people.

Also think about if you need business cover too. Are you a carer perhaps who drives clients to the shops?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Most policies include commuting to a single place of work, it's if they are carrying out business duties or travel between multiple sites that they need business cover.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Most policies include commuting to a single place of work, it's if they are carrying out business duties or travel between multiple sites that they need business cover. "

I have business cover and full breakdown x

over a year ago

"Most policies include commuting to a single place of work, it's if they are carrying out business duties or travel between multiple sites that they need business cover. "

They do but not all.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That used to be the case but I've noticed that they've divided the groups further.

By *londieddWoman
over a year ago

fife

"I heard of someone stopped on their way to work. They only had social domestic and not travelling to work on their insurance.

Check your cover people.

Also think about if you need business cover too. Are you a carer perhaps who drives clients to the shops? "

this person obviously chose not to have that cover as it's pretty standard

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"I heard of someone stopped on their way to work. They only had social domestic and not travelling to work on their insurance.

Check your cover people.

Also think about if you need business cover too. Are you a carer perhaps who drives clients to the shops?

this person obviously chose not to have that cover as it's pretty standard "

I wonder if they could have used comparison sites and took the cheapest, not checking on the differences between policies and cover.

over a year ago

"Most policies include commuting to a single place of work, it's if they are carrying out business duties or travel between multiple sites that they need business cover.

That used to be the case but I've noticed that they've divided the groups further. "

I was just going to say this, they have been split further out since I last bought car insurance now its Social, Domestic and Pleasure, SDC and commuting to a single place of work or all of the above and business use.

I did however go through Quidco, £225 Car insurance and £45 cashback £10 of which will go to charity.

Ginger

over a year ago

I have private hire insurance... suppose i have to if I want to carry passengers.

over a year ago

Most policies include social,domestic,pleasure,and commuting.

If yours doesn't include commuting,you could either not tell the cops where you are going or tell them that it is a pleasure to be going to work.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

Just got mine recently for £227.

Keep finding it cheaper each year, when all I ever hear is, it's going up.

over a year ago

Why is travelling to work considered more of a risk than travelling to see a friend or go shopping? Why do they separate it out?

over a year ago

"Why is travelling to work considered more of a risk than travelling to see a friend or go shopping? Why do they separate it out?"

I always thought commuting was because you were more likely to use your car more frequently and perhaps at peak times? A x

over a year ago

Live a little,

Social, domestic, pleasure doesn't cover you for torn ligaments and dented bonnet after a nights dogging either

over a year ago

"Why is travelling to work considered more of a risk than travelling to see a friend or go shopping? Why do they separate it out?

I always thought commuting was because you were more likely to use your car more frequently and perhaps at peak times? A x"

Yeah could be the peak time thing, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks. x

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Check your cover people.

this person obviously chose not to have that cover as it's pretty standard

I wonder if they could have used comparison sites and took the cheapest, not checking on the differences between policies and cover.

"

The comparison sites make you choose what you'll be using it for before you even see the results, so if that is the case, they chose wrong.

over a year ago

Most insurance companies when filling in online quotes now ask you if you want the policy to include commuting to work or just for domestic and social pleasure or both..so always worth a check

over a year ago

"Why is travelling to work considered more of a risk than travelling to see a friend or go shopping? Why do they separate it out?"

A lot of people are in a rush to get to work or get home and roads are generally busier at the main commuting times,plus statistically your more likely to be involved in an accident on the roads you travel regularly than those you have never been on as you become familiar with them which can lead to complacency

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

If it have been morning, I would have been on my way to get coffee

over a year ago

There are loads of people who can potentially fall fowl of the law because they deliver parcels for yodel and only have a private policy.

I have full courier insurance because clients who I am contracted to will not accept anything less.

By *iker boy 69Man
over a year ago

midlands

Because youd be travelling in rush hour trafic so therefore more traffic increases chance of accident

over a year ago

"Why is travelling to work considered more of a risk than travelling to see a friend or go shopping? Why do they separate it out?

Because youd be travelling in rush hour trafic so therefore more traffic increases chance of accident"

But school runs are at the same time. Why no 'school run' clause?

over a year ago

Because youd be travelling in rush hour trafic so therefore more traffic increases chance of accident

But school runs are at the same time. Why no 'school run' clause?"

Because school run is classed under social and domestic use. To and from work is classed as commuting. How it has always been.

over a year ago

If I'm honest, I'm a fairly level headed driver, during the week my van sits at a steady 80 in middle, fast lane on m62 m1 a1 depending on where I'm working that day. I know where the fixed penalty piggy banks are.

I actually like to slow audi wankers down, then move over just in time for them to floor it past these cameras. That flash makes my morning.

Blue toothed up rep mobile Cunts, have that.

over a year ago

"Most insurance companies when filling in online quotes now ask you if you want the policy to include commuting to work or just for domestic and social pleasure or both..so always worth a check "
neither of my cars have commuting on them.

I drive my van for work so it makes my policies cheaper. I also limit the mileage a bit as I don’t drive them often.

over a year ago

What you need to check on is if you have 3rd party to drive another insured car...check the small print in mine and that is no longer a option for me

over a year ago

"What you need to check on is if you have 3rd party to drive another insured car...check the small print in mine and that is no longer a option for me "

Good point. I know it wasn’t an option for my kids til they passed 25.

By *earlytylerdurdenMan
over a year ago

London

Martin Lewis not a forum contributor? C'mon Martin, chip in!

over a year ago

"What you need to check on is if you have 3rd party to drive another insured car...check the small print in mine and that is no longer a option for me

Good point. I know it wasn’t an option for my kids til they passed 25. "

I wish that was the fecking case for me

over a year ago

"Martin Lewis not a forum contributor? C'mon Martin, chip in!"

He’s busy getting the best bj he’s ever had

over a year ago

"What you need to check on is if you have 3rd party to drive another insured car...check the small print in mine and that is no longer a option for me

I wish that was the fecking case for me "

Have you signed the form to say you’re still fit to drive at your age?

over a year ago

Have you signed the form to say you’re still fit to drive at your age? "

Now your working your ticket

over a year ago

Now your working your ticket "

Oh come on we all know you’ve rounded it down by about 15 years.....

over a year ago

Now your working your ticket

Oh come on we all know you’ve rounded it down by about 15 years..... "

Ok I'll own up....I'm 40

Post new Message to Thread