Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Flat earthers...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Its hard to believe that they actually exist! Scary thought eh?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No, nothing scary about them. Everyone has beliefs that may not fit in with your own.

No dramas

over a year ago

"No, nothing scary about them. Everyone has beliefs that may not fit in with your own.

No dramas"

over a year ago

"No, nothing scary about them. Everyone has beliefs that may not fit in with your own.

No dramas"

Yeah but then they pass it on to future generations, its wrong to fill young peoples heads with such backwards thinking, I have no problem with peoples believes but when its somthing of this calabar it has to be stopped for the sake of humanity, who would of thought that in this day and age people can still fall for such rubbish

over a year ago

If the earth is round, why are spirit levels flat?

Check mate!

over a year ago

I work with a bloke who is a flat earthier, he’s going to instill his thoughts into his young son when he’s old enough to understand and not allow him to make his own decisions on it

over a year ago

No dramas

Yeah but then they pass it on to future generations, its wrong to fill young peoples heads with such backwards thinking, I have no problem with peoples believes but when its somthing of this calabar it has to be stopped for the sake of humanity, who would of thought that in this day and age people can still fall for such rubbish"

You should see what the church have been telling people then! You'll be furious!

By *bovethekneeCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire / Herefordshire

But is Christmas is 'just around the corner' the Earth must be flat

over a year ago

No dramas

Yeah but then they pass it on to future generations, its wrong to fill young peoples heads with such backwards thinking, I have no problem with peoples believes but when its somthing of this calabar it has to be stopped for the sake of humanity, who would of thought that in this day and age people can still fall for such rubbish

You should see what the church have been telling people then! You'll be furious! "

Boom!

over a year ago

No dramas

You should see what the church have been telling people then! You'll be furious! "

over a year ago

"If the earth is round, why are spirit levels flat?

Check mate! "

Seriously? Haha

over a year ago

No dramas

i agree!..i would defend anyone's right to believe anything, but not the right to push their views on others, especially when it's in the guise of education..

over a year ago

People pass odd beliefs on to their kids about all kinds of things. I might think they're odd but others might think they're ok.

Flat earth beliefs don't hurt anyone.

over a year ago

Check mate!

Seriously? Haha"

Can’t explain it can you?

over a year ago

No dramas

You don't need to start me on the church! Another pile of shit! Lol

over a year ago

About 84% of the world beleive in things with no evidence, i'll worry about flat earthers when they cause war, pain and suffering

over a year ago

No dramas"

Normally Id agree, except its not really about a belief when its been proven completely wrong...

over a year ago

Check mate!

Seriously? Haha

"

Oh wait you are actually serious?

over a year ago

I just think they are fucking stupid personally.

over a year ago

No dramas

Normally Id agree, except its not really about a belief when its been proven completely wrong..."

By who? You? I completely believe the earth is round, but I could never prove it with my own scientific findings, only on the word of others

over a year ago

"People pass odd beliefs on to their kids about all kinds of things. I might think they're odd but others might think they're ok.

Flat earth beliefs don't hurt anyone. "

Yeah but its not a belief, its a lie! And been disproven many many years ago!

over a year ago

Check mate! "

Because in relation to the earth's surface. A spirit level is but a grain of salt in length, and so can be accurate within this context.

The flat earth lot ignore actual fact and proof and find ever more far fetched theory to sound convincing.

I have seen the curvature of the earth with my own two eyes, when you get to a certain altitude it's really noticeable, but you only really go up that high if you like me are lucky enough to have ridden a Unicorn over a rainbow to recover a leprechauns pot of gold

over a year ago

No dramas

Normally Id agree, except its not really about a belief when its been proven completely wrong...

By who? You? I completely believe the earth is round, but I could never prove it with my own scientific findings, only on the word of others"

in as much as Ive been somewhere high enough to see the curvature of the horizon, yes.

over a year ago

"I work with a bloke who is a flat earthier, he’s going to instill his thoughts into his young son when he’s old enough to understand and not allow him to make his own decisions on it

"

So wrong!

over a year ago

No dramas

By who? You? I completely believe the earth is round, but I could never prove it with my own scientific findings, only on the word of others

in as much as Ive been somewhere high enough to see the curvature of the horizon, yes. "

Maybe we’re on a disk shaped planet

over a year ago

"I work with a bloke who is a flat earthier, he’s going to instill his thoughts into his young son when he’s old enough to understand and not allow him to make his own decisions on it

"

No different to religion.

over a year ago

No dramas

in as much as Ive been somewhere high enough to see the curvature of the horizon, yes.

Maybe we’re on a disk shaped planet"

on 4 elephants and a turtle?

over a year ago

Check mate!

Because in relation to the earth's surface. A spirit level is but a grain of salt in length, and so can be accurate within this context.

The flat earth lot ignore actual fact and proof and find ever more far fetched theory to sound convincing.

I have seen the curvature of the earth with my own two eyes, when you get to a certain altitude it's really noticeable, but you only really go up that high if you like me are lucky enough to have ridden a Unicorn over a rainbow to recover a leprechauns pot of gold"

Haha well said, the amount of shit flat earthers come out with when you challenge them is crazy! They just start throwing crap at you like 'how do you know its round' I ll tell you how, I can see!

over a year ago

"People pass odd beliefs on to their kids about all kinds of things. I might think they're odd but others might think they're ok.

"

But so what? Some kids believe in santa. Some adults believe the earth is flat. Some people believe they'll find true love. Where's the harm?

over a year ago

No dramas

on 4 elephants and a turtle?"

Well it wouldn’t be a tortoise would it. Only a turtle has the appendages to swim through space

over a year ago

"

Personally I wouldn't let them procreate.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

No dramas

over a year ago

But so what? Some kids believe in santa. Some adults believe the earth is flat. Some people believe they'll find true love. Where's the harm?"

All children realise Father Christmas isn't real, eventually.

over a year ago

No dramas

on 4 elephants and a turtle?

Well it wouldn’t be a tortoise would it. Only a turtle has the appendages to swim through space "

Damn... my belief system is ruined

over a year ago

But so what? Some kids believe in santa. Some adults believe the earth is flat. Some people believe they'll find true love. Where's the harm?"

They might want an expedition to the underside.

over a year ago

So what if the entire universe is just a grain dirt under the fingernails of a giant

over a year ago

So wrong! "

But why?

Every parent passes on some belief or other to their children, do those beliefs need to be verified as correct first..

It's the same as passing down any religion you care to name, it's how human belief and knowledge filters down through the generations, correct or not.

I get that sometimes you want to grab someone and give them a good shake and tell them how thick they're being and to stop filling other people's heads with rubbish but then your just imposing your own way of thinking.

over a year ago

Personally I wouldn't let them procreate. "

By *100Man
over a year ago

Essex

So why is the moon and sun both round are they just pancake thin and flat

over a year ago

So wrong!

But why?

Every parent passes on some belief or other to their children, do those beliefs need to be verified as correct first..

It's the same as passing down any religion you care to name, it's how human belief and knowledge filters down through the generations, correct or not.

I get that sometimes you want to grab someone and give them a good shake and tell them how thick they're being and to stop filling other people's heads with rubbish but then your just imposing your own way of thinking. "

Yeah but its not my way of thinking, it just a fact that they are wrong and are hindering their childrens development by passing this nonsense on!

over a year ago

Flat earthers are probably the very same people who believe that "hi, how's u" is the best message to get knickers dropping on fab

over a year ago

"So what if the entire universe is just a grain dirt under the fingernails of a giant "

More possible than a flat earth haha

over a year ago

So wrong!

But why?

I get that sometimes you want to grab someone and give them a good shake and tell them how thick they're being and to stop filling other people's heads with rubbish but then your just imposing your own way of thinking. "

Same with families all believing the same politics.

over a year ago

This thread is really bringing out the mutations on the evolution time scale, scary scary

over a year ago

"This thread is really bringing out the mutations on the evolution time scale, scary scary "

What on this flat earth are you waffling about?

over a year ago

"This thread is really bringing out the mutations on the evolution time scale, scary scary "

Thank you

over a year ago

If the earth is round why are the soles of shoes flat? Huh?

Ads

over a year ago

"If the earth is round why are the soles of shoes flat? Huh?

Ads"

Bwahahahaa! Good one!

over a year ago

And when planes fly straight forward, how come they’re always the same distance from sea level?

over a year ago

"And when planes fly straight forward, how come they’re always the same distance from sea level?"

Because the earth is flat.

over a year ago

"This thread is really bringing out the mutations on the evolution time scale, scary scary

Thank you "

Want me to get you a book for Xmas? Its one I read when I was in primary school, very basic science stuff. You should be able to understand it, I hope

over a year ago

Ads

Bwahahahaa! Good one! "

Guess neither of you understand radii and arcs of a circle?

over a year ago

I do wonder what the giant turtle eats though

over a year ago

I can feel my brain cells dieing off just reading some of these comments

By *odernLoveDublinMan
over a year ago

dublin

No dramas

My thoughts exactly...people laugh at flat eathers yet believe the bible

over a year ago

"This thread is really bringing out the mutations on the evolution time scale, scary scary

Thank you

Want me to get you a book for Xmas? Its one I read when I was in primary school, very basic science stuff. You should be able to understand it, I hope "

Does it have pictures? Flat pictures? Of the earth?

over a year ago

Ads"

Because compared to the vastness of the planet they don't need to be rounded but look closely at a clowns soles and you'll see...

over a year ago

"I can feel my brain cells dieing off just reading some of these comments "

You'll be a flat earther by 9pm.

over a year ago

Ads

Bwahahahaa! Good one!

Guess neither of you understand radii and arcs of a circle? "

I was being sarcastic

I learned that when I was 12 I think

over a year ago

Ads

Because compared to the vastness of the planet they don't need to be rounded but look closely at a clowns soles and you'll see..."

Well, if you want to be non-mathematical about it!

over a year ago

"I can feel my brain cells dieing off just reading some of these comments

You'll be a flat earther by 9pm. "

Haha very good, I'd better not read anymore then

over a year ago

Ads

Because compared to the vastness of the planet they don't need to be rounded but look closely at a clowns soles and you'll see...

Well, if you want to be non-mathematical about it! "

I like the old ways!

over a year ago

If the earth is flat why is it at the equator water spins in a different directions depending on which side of the equator you are standing?

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

What's worse? Someone who believes the earth is flat, or someone who doesn't understand humour and sarcasm......

YOU DECIDE....

By *y Favorite PornstarCouple
over a year ago

Basingstoke

Religion doesn't even touch the sides of how stupid post modernism is. Implicitly or explicitly, flat earther believers are post modernists. So are a lot of athiests, but not all. Agnostics are the only sensible bunch really.

over a year ago

Thank you

Want me to get you a book for Xmas? Its one I read when I was in primary school, very basic science stuff. You should be able to understand it, I hope

Does it have pictures? Flat pictures? Of the earth?"

The pages are flat yes, but the photo's are scaled down 3d models, I can add little notes on it for you of you like? Make it even more easy

over a year ago

"If the earth is flat why is it at the equator water spins in a different directions depending on which side of the equator you are standing?"

Think that's a myth

over a year ago

"Religion doesn't even touch the sides of how stupid post modernism is. Implicitly or explicitly, flat earther believers are post modernists. So are a lot of athiests, but not all. Agnostics are the only sensible bunch really."

Agnostic all the way! Thank feck Someone's got scence haha

By *omesWoman
over a year ago

Surrey

"Its hard to believe that they actually exist! Scary thought eh? "

Flat Earthers are members of a forum called flat Earth. the forum encourages out of the box thinking not necessary that the earth is Flat

By *y Favorite PornstarCouple
over a year ago

Basingstoke

"Religion doesn't even touch the sides of how stupid post modernism is. Implicitly or explicitly, flat earther believers are post modernists. So are a lot of athiests, but not all. Agnostics are the only sensible bunch really.

Agnostic all the way! Thank feck Someone's got scence haha"

Agnostic: the Dr Pepper of belief systems

over a year ago

Thank you

Does it have pictures? Flat pictures? Of the earth?

The pages are flat yes, but the photo's are scaled down 3d models, I can add little notes on it for you of you like? Make it even more easy"

You're starting to believe. Will the notes have pictures?

over a year ago

Of course it's round ffs. Don't y'all remember the giant space aliens using planets as marbles at the end of Men in Black.

That's scientific fact in movie form.

over a year ago

"Of course it's round ffs. Don't y'all remember the giant space aliens using planets as marbles at the end of Men in Black.

That's scientific fact in movie form. "

Good point. I once saw a documentary about Superman and he turned back time by flying round the earth.

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

Where does the sea spills to?

over a year ago

"Where does the sea spills to?

"

Apparently the earth is rimmed by a wall of ice what keeps the sea in there's no north or south pole, just one ring of ice..apparently.

over a year ago

Ads

Bwahahahaa! Good one!

Guess neither of you understand radii and arcs of a circle? "

Guess you don’t understand what a joke is?

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

We may laugh at flat earthers, but have you ever put a spirit level on the ground?

I have, and the bubble was smack bang in the centre. What does that tell you?

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

Apparently the earth is rimmed by a wall of ice what keeps the sea in there's no north or south pole, just one ring of ice..apparently. "

Make sure the ice wont melt.

I'm so worried the sea spills onto the sun and blows the light off.

over a year ago

"We may laugh at flat earthers, but have you ever put a spirit level on the ground?

I have, and the bubble was smack bang in the centre. What does that tell you?"

That you've discovered flat ground in Wales. Congratulations, your millionaires now

over a year ago

"We may laugh at flat earthers, but have you ever put a spirit level on the ground?

I have, and the bubble was smack bang in the centre. What does that tell you?"

That the person who laid the floor did a fucking good job.

over a year ago

Apparently the earth is rimmed by a wall of ice what keeps the sea in there's no north or south pole, just one ring of ice..apparently.

Make sure the ice wont melt.

I'm so worried the sea spills onto the sun and blows the light off.

"

Only at night when it's under us..we'd get a nice steam spa before the eternal darkness that followed too so silver linings and all that

over a year ago

"If the earth is flat why is it at the equator water spins in a different directions depending on which side of the equator you are standing?"

Experiments have definitely proven that it is nothing to do with being north or south of the equator.

By *acavityMan
over a year ago

Redditch

If the earth was flat, why do ships come over the horizon, and you see the masts first?

There's other proofs involving the earth's shadow on the moon.

But flat earth is a faith, and no amount of proof will shake it.

Though people who quote the Bible as proof, can be stumped when you bring up the final temptation of Christ.

For the final temptation, the devil takes Jesus to a high place, which Matthew explicitly identifies as a very high mountain, where all the kingdoms of the world can be seen.

This implies that the the earth is flat, as nothing is hidden by curvature of the earth.

But if it is true, we should all be able to see the very high mountain from everywhere else.

So if the Bible is wrong...

over a year ago

That you've discovered flat ground in Wales. Congratulations, your millionaires now "

I bet one end was balanced on a pebble. There is no flat ground in Wales

over a year ago

"If the earth is flat why is it at the equator water spins in a different directions depending on which side of the equator you are standing?

Experiments have definitely proven that it is nothing to do with being north or south of the equator."

Why is it then?

By *hinypants77Man
over a year ago

Leeds

According to Elon musk and some well renowned scientists, there’s a very high statistical probability that we are living in a simulation anyway, meaning flat earthers may be technically correct but let’s not go down that rabbit hole.

By *eus n EuropaCouple
over a year ago

Derby

"Flat earthers are probably the very same people who believe that "hi, how's u" is the best message to get knickers dropping on fab "

LMAO

over a year ago

"If the earth was flat, why do ships come over the horizon, and you see the masts first?

There's other proofs involving the earth's shadow on the moon.

But flat earth is a faith, and no amount of proof will shake it.

Though people who quote the Bible as proof, can be stumped when you bring up the final temptation of Christ.

For the final temptation, the devil takes Jesus to a high place, which Matthew explicitly identifies as a very high mountain, where all the kingdoms of the world can be seen.

This implies that the the earth is flat, as nothing is hidden by curvature of the earth.

But if it is true, we should all be able to see the very high mountain from everywhere else.

So if the Bible is wrong... "

The bible could be wrong? What are we to do

over a year ago

Hang on one cotton picking minute.

Is that why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west, because the earth is a flat disc that's being flipped by the aliens in a best of 1001, intergalactic game of heads or tails?

By *acavityMan
over a year ago

Redditch

"If the earth is flat why is it at the equator water spins in a different directions depending on which side of the equator you are standing?

Experiments have definitely proven that it is nothing to do with being north or south of the equator.

Why is it then?"

Coriolis force will affect large bodies of moisture such as storms, but the effect is too weak to affect water drainage from a sink.

It's more likely to be the design of the sink itself

By *ob_2017Man
over a year ago

the last place you look

That you've discovered flat ground in Wales. Congratulations, your millionaires now "

Fuck, I nearly died laughing...

over a year ago

"According to Elon musk and some well renowned scientists, there’s a very high statistical probability that we are living in a simulation anyway, meaning flat earthers may be technically correct but let’s not go down that rabbit hole. "

We won't all have to wear those awful brown holey jumpers off the matrix when we escape the simulation .

By *eus n EuropaCouple
over a year ago

Derby

Check mate! "

Lets be quite clear here the Earth is not round it is spherical

over a year ago

"I can feel my brain cells dieing off just reading some of these comments

You'll be a flat earther by 9pm.

Haha very good, I'd better not read anymore then "

Come back! I was only joking.

I hope you didn't go past the ice wall and fall off the earth edge.

By *ob_2017Man
over a year ago

the last place you look

Sarcasm game is strong here. I can't tell where the sarcasm ends and the ignorant begins.

Well played.

over a year ago

Why is it then?"

Which direction the bowl was filled, shape of bowl, how the plug was removed, how long the water was left to stand.

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

No dramas

You should see what the church have been telling people then! You'll be furious!

i agree!..i would defend anyone's right to believe anything, but not the right to push their views on others, especially when it's in the guise of education.."

You don’t mean that!

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Check mate!

Lets be quite clear here the Earth is not round it is spherical "

Actually, it's not spherical, it's slightly egg shaped

Nita

over a year ago

Did you know if you shrank earth down to the size of a cue ball Earth would be smoother xx

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Did you know if you shrank earth down to the size of a cue ball Earth would be smoother xx"

And a lot heavier.

I am intrigued by the turning of the cogs in flat earthers minds trying fathom hoe millions of people worldwide have created this giant conspiracy to mislead the world that the earth isn't flat.

over a year ago

"Did you know if you shrank earth down to the size of a cue ball Earth would be smoother xx

And a lot heavier.

I am intrigued by the turning of the cogs in flat earthers minds trying fathom hoe millions of people worldwide have created this giant conspiracy to mislead the world that the earth isn't flat. "

Thing is they agree other planets are spherical just not earth lol

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Why is it then?

Which direction the bowl was filled, shape of bowl, how the plug was removed, how long the water was left to stand. "

I did think once that it drained in different directions but it's an apparent con.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Did you know if you shrank earth down to the size of a cue ball Earth would be smoother xx

And a lot heavier.

I am intrigued by the turning of the cogs in flat earthers minds trying fathom hoe millions of people worldwide have created this giant conspiracy to mislead the world that the earth isn't flat.

Thing is they agree other planets are spherical just not earth lol"

They probably assume a few others are flat too, so we're not alone in the universe

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

They do,they are EU remainers I reckon

over a year ago

If the earth is a sphere/globe,why doesn't the water fall off the bottom?

over a year ago

"Its hard to believe that they actually exist! Scary thought eh? They do,they are EU remainers I reckon "

Best one yet!

over a year ago

"Sarcasm game is strong here. I can't tell where the sarcasm ends and the ignorant begins.

Well played."

It's confusing.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

Flat earth believers fall into 2 categories

1) wind up merchants

2) morons

Human evolution would be improved if group 2 where culled...

By *eus n EuropaCouple
over a year ago

Derby

Check mate!

Nita"

Your spot on Nita we just did not want to confuse anyone any further

By *eus n EuropaCouple
over a year ago

Derby

"If the earth is a sphere/globe,why doesn't the water fall off the bottom?"

In a word Gravity

over a year ago

"Flat earth believers fall into 2 categories

1) wind up merchants

2) morons

Human evolution would be improved if group 2 where culled..."

Which group am I in?

over a year ago

Holy fuck, I've been convinced. I set out 'pon a noble quest, starting tomorrow. I'm gonna walk to the edge. I'll report back my findings after the weekend. Shouldn't take me that long.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

"Flat earth believers fall into 2 categories

1) wind up merchants

2) morons

Human evolution would be improved if group 2 where culled...

Which group am I in?"

Cant you tell?

if you pretend to believe you are 1

If you really believe in a flat earth you are 2

over a year ago

In my experience Flat-Earthers just tend to be slightly odd people finding a way to express their eccentricities. Granted I don't think I've met/chatted to many but they are strange people. Comparing them to religious people is harsh. I find those who practice religion tend to be searching for a reason they're on this planet and religion gives them a reason to justify their existence.

If you took a Flat-Earther into orbit and showed them the curvature of the earth they'd still accuse you of concaving the windows on the rocket to disprove their theory!

over a year ago

Flat earthers

Religion

Nuclear weapons

We are not an intelligent species

over a year ago

"Flat earthers

Religion

Nuclear weapons

We are not an intelligent species "

You forgot to add Jedward and Brussel sprouts to that list.

By *utterflyandArtificeCouple
over a year ago

TROWBRIDGE

Check mate!

Seriously? Haha

"

Simples:

A straight line is simply an arc with infinite radius.

over a year ago

TROWBRIDGE

Check mate!

Nita

Your spot on Nita we just did not want to confuse anyone any further "

The correct terminology is oblat spheroid: a slightly flattened ball where the poles are closer than rwp diametrically opposite ooints on the equator.

over a year ago

Check mate!

Nita

The correct terminology is oblat spheroid: a slightly flattened ball where the poles are closer than rwp diametrically opposite ooints on the equator."

Tell you what I don’t actually care round, oval, egg shaped or flat, sun comes up, life goes on... doesn’t change anything does it?

over a year ago

Check mate!

Seriously? Haha

Simples:

A straight line is simply an arc with infinite radius. "

So there's no such thing as straight?

Bi guys everywhere are getting hard at the thought.

over a year ago

TROWBRIDGE

Check mate!

Nita

The correct terminology is oblat spheroid: a slightly flattened ball where the poles are closer than rwp diametrically opposite ooints on the equator.

Tell you what I don’t actually care round, oval, egg shaped or flat, sun comes up, life goes on... doesn’t change anything does it?"

What a wonderfully simplistic approach.

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

All the talk at the moment, why is that? Anyway, heard Freddie Flintoff is a flat earthier too.

over a year ago

"If the earth is a sphere/globe,why doesn't the water fall off the bottom?

In a word Gravity "

So gravity holds 1,450,000,000,000,000,000 short tons (1 short ton = 2,000lbs).

Of sea water in place,most of it on the side of the globe or upside down?

Surely such a force would crush you to death? At the very least leave you unable to lift a foot of the ground.

over a year ago

yeap crazy,,lol,,mad,,of course its not flat its actually quite bumpy in places

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

"If the earth is a sphere/globe,why doesn't the water fall off the bottom?

In a word Gravity "

Actually, its a flawed question- there is no bottom in relation to the universe (what with it being rather universalish)

over a year ago

Ok I'm convinced after reading the replies on here. The earth is a flat disc because spirit levels are straight, an airplane is always the same level above the sea and land when flying in a straight line. The soles of shoes are flat and clowns shoes are a heresy and wearers should be burnt at the stake. And of course Christmas is just around the corner.

Merry Christmas to all and sundry

over a year ago

This was a very interesting social experiment, thanks for taking part. I sure got my eyes open lol

over a year ago

I seem to recall if the earth was a sphere it rotates at 3000 mph

Impossible to stand up I think

over a year ago

Not as scary as trump voters?

over a year ago

"I seem to recall if the earth was a sphere it rotates at 3000 mph

Impossible to stand up I think "

About 1000mph at equator (maxima). But the atmosphere rotates with it....and have you never heard of gravity?

over a year ago

About 1000mph at equator (maxima). But the atmosphere rotates with it....and have you never heard of gravity?"

Witchcraft!

over a year ago

If the earth was flat, wouldn't cats have found a way to knock everything off it by now?

Also dont the flat earth society claim to have members all around the globe?

over a year ago

They should be shot at birth.

I have a mate who is obsessed with it, hardly talk to him anymore as it’s the first thing he starts going on about.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"They should be shot at birth.

I have a mate who is obsessed with it, hardly talk to him anymore as it’s the first thing he starts going on about."

I can't understand what they would talk about, unless it's to suppress others from asking pertinent questions that show their stupidity and them not being supported by scientific evidence.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

Impossible to stand up I think "

An aeroplane cruises at 300mph+, yet I can walk to the loo without any problem. Speed is relative, don't confuse speed with acceleration.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/12/17 00:37:24]

over a year ago

An aeroplane cruises at 300mph+, yet I can walk to the loo without any problem. Speed is relative, don't confuse speed with acceleration."

That's 'indoors' though

Very different when your stood on the wing see.

Proof that earth is flat. Probably.

over a year ago

A guy at work is a flat earther, so I asked him at what country is the edge of the world. I also asked him on this flat planet there is alaska and canada which also touch so how would it be possible to fly to russia as the crow flies yet pass over the uk as the earth is flat.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone put in as much effort to muster up a response in my life.

Swingfellow

over a year ago

Never thought about it until Elon Musk said it. "How can there be a flat Earth society but no flat Mars society, people accept Mars is round but don't with the Earth".

over a year ago

Yeah, they're dumb AF. The Earth is hollow.

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Is there life on the underside?

over a year ago

"Yeah but its not a belief, its a lie! And been disproven many many years ago!

"

Many things have been dis-proven many years ago, e.g. creationism, Santa, Easter bunny, that bloke called Jesus getting born 7 days before 1 ad.

Flat earthers are fine, it's the fundamentalists that cause the problems running amok with their irons flattening stuff...

By *oubyLoverWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

So I was thinking... if someone went up in a rocket like mad mike, a globe or a disc would look the same wouldn’t they?

over a year ago

"So I was thinking... if someone went up in a rocket like mad mike, a globe or a disc would look the same wouldn’t they? "

You would see the edge of the disc not the globe as there isnt one.

This would depend on theor distance from the surface.

By *oubyLoverWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"So I was thinking... if someone went up in a rocket like mad mike, a globe or a disc would look the same wouldn’t they?

This would depend on theor distance from the surface. "

But the edge of the disc could look like the side of the globe? Well to me it would look the same

over a year ago

"So I was thinking... if someone went up in a rocket like mad mike, a globe or a disc would look the same wouldn’t they?

But the edge of the disc could look like the side of the globe? Well to me it would look the same "

But what if they flew over the edge of it?

over a year ago

"

No you wouldn't. Your understanding of perspectives is a bit skewed, old boy.

By *oubyLoverWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

But the edge of the disc could look like the side of the globe? Well to me it would look the same

But what if they flew over the edge of it? "

The theory as per my post was based on going up in a rocket like mad mike. Anyway even if not I think the flat earthers say you can’t gonpaat Antarctica

over a year ago

But what if they flew over the edge of it?

The theory as per my post was based on going up in a rocket like mad mike. Anyway even if not I think the flat earthers say you can’t gonpaat Antarctica "

Technically if they launched 360 rockets going off at 1 degree increments of direction at the same height above the earth, they would all meet at the South Pole, whilst a flat earth would hàve them all crash into the dome an equal distance apart on the circumference of the disc... but that is just silly...

over a year ago

No you wouldn't. Your understanding of perspectives is a bit skewed, old boy."

In what way?

over a year ago

The mind baffles

over a year ago

"The mind baffles "

Why is that OP? What is baffling you?

over a year ago

It’s a load of rubbish, the Earth is not flat.

over a year ago

"The mind baffles

Why is that OP? What is baffling you?"

Some of the comments on here, its good research lol

By *nothercoupleCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

Flat earthers have nothing to fear but sphere itself.

over a year ago

"Flat earthers have nothing to fear but sphere itself. "

over a year ago

I used to think flat earthers were completely bonkers, then I discovered the pastafarians, now that is a belief system that came out of a great party

Post new Message to Thread