Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Another Apple Con!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Apple have admitted they are deliberately slowing down some older models of their I-Phones.

But don’t worry...it’s NOT to try to get people to upgrade. Apparently it’s because the “batteries might be getting old so can’t handle the data”. Anyone who knows anything about technology/phones/systems etc will know this is total pooh of the male cow!

Shameful behaviour from one of the worlds biggest tax dodgers.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

Android user ??

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I would say all tech makers do this to be honest.

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

Reason for a lot of unnecessary upgrade which, more so than not it is down grading removing a simple intuitive features.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I would say all tech makers do this to be honest. "

Agreed

By *ucy LewdWoman
over a year ago

North Oxfordshire

The article I read was trying desperately to paint Apple as a bad guy, and all they could basically find to day was "older batteries slow phones down as they degrade, but if you replace the battery they go up to speed again".

Like, sounds pretty logical to me. To be honest. Nothing malicious there.

over a year ago

That myth has actually been debunked by a group of researchers who tested the speed of the phone pre and post new model release.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"I would say all tech makers do this to be honest. "

No they don't, because most tech companies like samsung stop updating the phone after a year with anything but security updates.

Apple keeps updating them, and this was always sold as an advantage, that you stay on the newest OS, however they are just gimping the phone.

over a year ago

Toffee apples, they're another apple con. Just buy toffee.

over a year ago

"Toffee apples, they're another apple con. Just buy toffee."

But then I can’t justify five a day

over a year ago

No one talks about the amount of information all your apps collect from ur mob even when they are in the background....

Big brother is watching us every second..

over a year ago

older batteries don't slow your phone down. But older batteries don't hold their charge for as long. The phones are slowed down to make your battery last longer.

Sounds good in theory. However if you had to change your phone eveey 9 months because of a crap battery, you would probably move from apple, rather than waiting an extra 3 months for the next iPhone to arrive.

By *ucy LewdWoman
over a year ago

North Oxfordshire

"older batteries don't slow your phone down. But older batteries don't hold their charge for as long. The phones are slowed down to make your battery last longer.

Sounds good in theory. However if you had to change your phone eveey 9 months because of a crap battery, you would probably move from apple, rather than waiting an extra 3 months for the next iPhone to arrive.

"

iPhones are dying after nine months? Shit. I've had mine since September 2014 and it's showed no signs of slowing down yet. Someone should tell my phone it's supposed to do that.

By *ucy LewdWoman
over a year ago

North Oxfordshire

"No one talks about the amount of information all your apps collect from ur mob even when they are in the background....

Big brother is watching us every second.. "

And some of us are more than happy to trade that information about our habits in return for services we want to use.

(Yes, plenty of people do talk about this)

over a year ago

I'm using an iPhone 5s. I refuse to uplgrade the iOS. Ive stuck with the one designed for my model phone.

No issues of slow speed, and battery is the same as it was.

Hope this helps.

over a year ago

"I'm using an iPhone 5s. I refuse to uplgrade the iOS. Ive stuck with the one designed for my model phone.

Hope this helps. "

I miss my 5s had it for ages then bout a month ago upgraded to the 8 worst thing I ever did I want my 5s back so jealous of you right now!!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's poor behaviour and should have given users to have optionally turned it to active.

Eg, 1. standard, 2 Battery saving mode or 3. Hobbled phone that seems next to useless.

By *eady and Willing 9Man
over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

I have never heard such rubbish and that's why I'm a Samsung user . Android is way better imo

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"The article I read was trying desperately to paint Apple as a bad guy, and all they could basically find to day was "older batteries slow phones down as they degrade, but if you replace the battery they go up to speed again".

Like, sounds pretty logical to me. To be honest. Nothing malicious there."

Battery capacity and life may change/degrade gradually. But that has no effect on the speed of the phone. It is code in the newer OS that slows the older phones down. That can only be a deliberate action.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"The article I read was trying desperately to paint Apple as a bad guy, and all they could basically find to day was "older batteries slow phones down as they degrade, but if you replace the battery they go up to speed again".

Like, sounds pretty logical to me. To be honest. Nothing malicious there.

Battery capacity and life may change/degrade gradually. But that has no effect on the speed of the phone. It is code in the newer OS that slows the older phones down. That can only be a deliberate action."

Apple have deliberately added extra functionality that targets phones that hobbles their ability, even if the update provides something good.

Their mistake Imo is not giving the phone owners the option of using - or not - the phone hobbling functionality. The owner already has battery saving option, whichever software they use, whereas Apple have forced them to have an extra function that they had no knowledge of, nor option to turn it off or on.

By *xtrafun4youMan
over a year ago

Dunstable

"I'm using an iPhone 5s. I refuse to uplgrade the iOS. Ive stuck with the one designed for my model phone.

Hope this helps. "

That’s the way to do it.just remember to not update iTunes too.

over a year ago

I’ll be getting rid of my iPhone very soon, fed up with Apple forcing people to upgrade.

over a year ago

Hope this helps. That’s the way to do it.just remember to not update iTunes too."

Have you heard they're shutting down iTunes? Going with streaming instead of purchase downloads.

Post new Message to Thread