Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Phone numbers

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is it only me who gets an email address and a phone number with a guy’s first message. I find this very off-putting. Do they really think women will call?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Is it only me who gets an email address and a phone number with a guy’s first message. I find this very off-putting. Do they really think women will call?"

Why not use the phone number to call him up and say, "Thanks for sending me your number. When shall we get married?"

I'd wage my next month's pay packet he'll hang up, change his number and never contact you again!

over a year ago

"Is it only me who gets an email address and a phone number with a guy’s first message. I find this very off-putting. Do they really think women will call?

Why not use the phone number to call him up and say, "Thanks for sending me your number. When shall we get married?"

I'd wage my next month's pay packet he'll hang up, change his number and never contact you again! "

lol i like that

over a year ago

No, not just you.

W

Forum Mod

over a year ago

It could be to come across as a genuine guy

I don't like it myself as it seems pushy but I can see the thought process behind it

over a year ago

I find receiving a message like that a real turn off. Do any men here send them first message? If so why and what do you hope to achieve?

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

Jeeze no chance ...i had a right nutter ring me all night once, talking bollox at every opportunity...then she turned into a stalker ...got to get to know you before you get mine...

over a year ago

No you women are tight thats why ! lol

over a year ago

"No you women are tight thats why ! lol "

Im more of a hold ups gal meself

over a year ago

I get messages with just a phone number and nothing else...like hello

over a year ago

"I get messages with just a phone number and nothing else...like hello "

Smacks of desperation to me, and I don’t want barrel scrapings.

over a year ago

"I get messages with just a phone number and nothing else...like hello

Smacks of desperation to me, and I don’t want barrel scrapings."

U and me both hun

over a year ago

U and me both hun "

Well it worked on you

over a year ago

U and me both hun

Well it worked on you "

Was it in your first message though?

over a year ago

U and me both hun

Well it worked on you

Was it in your first message though?"

Its was a private message sorry cant say

over a year ago

"Is it only me who gets an email address and a phone number with a guy’s first message. I find this very off-putting. Do they really think women will call?"

Seems to me that no matter how a bloke tries to make contact on a site set up for making contacts he will get up someones nose.

I often get numbers, msn and addies in the first message and wouldn't think it was just peculiar to me.

Even on a one liner I look at the profile. If the profile suits I'll mail back if it doesn't the mail is deleted.

Sometimes a bloke might say 'fancy a chat on msn n get to know each other' most times i say no but sometimes I'll say gimme your mobile and I'll call you now for two mins. This is not me being desparate it's if im cheesed off with messages or ( and mainly ) cos i can suss in two mins if someone seems shady or whether we 'bounce' off each other.

Men , universally , have to go n work for and bring home whatever they they want and God love em most of them will be inventive and try everything they can. And if they didn't ?? Well I guess 'some' women would have sommat else to sit n feel pissy about. I do groan sometimes at the nicknames and approaches of some men but I wouldn't judge a whole personality and lifestyle by it.

I DO use the phone. I AM NOT willing to sit n wait for someone to 'adore' me. My forebears fought fucking long and hard for me to be able to have as level a playing field as possible.

AND....PD no need to worry about dicky phone calls....I don't answer when I don't want to and I hang up on who I don't like .... simples. xx Shalom Gran xx

over a year ago

A good point although I am surprised it was a woman who came to the defence of men. I may miss a diamond in the ruff by not carefully filtering but I have only a limited time to sift incoming mail.

over a year ago

"A good point although I am surprised it was a woman who came to the defence of men. I may miss a diamond in the ruff by not carefully filtering but I have only a limited time to sift incoming mail."

Hi Cat x thanks for your reply - just a point. I am not a woman in defence of men. I do ( at my most serious ) see myself as a hater of pissyness n bigotry whatever gender is dishing it out.

over a year ago

"Is it only me who gets an email address and a phone number with a guy’s first message. I find this very off-putting. Do they really think women will call?

I'd wage my next month's pay packet he'll hang up, change his number and never contact you again! "

Only if you with hold your number...

By *he Happy ManMan
over a year ago

Merseyside

If it is a stupid single male go on loads of male gay sites. Put the number up and say you are looking for a meet.

By *eviousLiasonsCouple
over a year ago

Travelling

See, we got a warped sense of humor, and would mail one guy back anothe guys number saying "call us!" .....

over a year ago

" See, we got a warped sense of humor, and would mail one guy back anothe guys number saying "call us!" ....."

ban this sod, lol

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I save all the numbers in a notebook then the next time I am passing a gay bar I go in and write then on the toilet doors

over a year ago

I save all the numbers in a notebook then the next time I am passing a gay bar I go in and write then on the toilet doors "

Love it lol!!

over a year ago

Is it only me who gets an email address and a phone number with a guy’s first message. I find this very off-putting. Do they really think women will call?

Buy a sim, 99p, fiver cred, bin it if you get grief after uv run the cred out on a good friend.....simples, iv binned a fair few "stalkers", i dint think that happened to men.

over a year ago

It smacks of desperation to me and I delete them.

over a year ago

I save all the numbers in a notebook then the next time I am passing a gay bar I go in and write then on the toilet doors "

lol classic

Post new Message to Thread