FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I want to punch to square in the face...

Jump to newest

By *orwegian Blue OP   Man
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

I was sat in a restaurant for lunch, enters an American gent and is put on a table beside me..

Quite rudely, he orders a drink and some food and a short time later his wife arrives.

Alls ok for a time and then his tone turns nasty towards his wife, accusing her "slut daughter" of questionable acts (I assume his step kid).

People nearby start taking notice as he starts to swear more frequently at his wife and being quite vocal about her "fucking friend" and "if that fucking bitch sticks her fucking nose in my business, I'll fuck her over"..

Having now had my quiet lunch ruined, I leaned across and politely asked him to keep his voice down, stop the swearing and save his argument until they are back to their hotel room..

Unsurprisingly he turns his abuse on me... "fucking British waste of fucking space".

At this point, how would you have reacted?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Called the Vietcong, they know how to deal with Americans

over a year ago

"Called the Vietcong, they know how to deal with Americans "

Probably 45 years too late and knightsbridge isn't renowned for its American hating Vietnamese community.

over a year ago

Well I have to walk with a stick and he would of had to too , with it up his arse

By *oubyLoverWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I’d have complained to the restaurant manager and see what they did.

over a year ago

"Called the Vietcong, they know how to deal with Americans

Probably 45 years too late and knightsbridge isn't renowned for its American hating Vietnamese community. "

Hmm Doncaster really is behind the times

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If it was me (f) on my own nothing. If Mr N was with me I dread to think.

The poor wife and daughter, was he d*unk or something?

over a year ago

"Well I have to walk with a stick and he would of had to too , with it up his arse "

I like your style... he certainly deserved a good beating and then being buggered with a walking stick..

By *exyback12345Man
over a year ago

manchester

He sounds a delight!

I would've had to point out to him that if he didn't fucking like Britain then maybe he should get back to his own country where they elected a simpleton to be President.....

Then told his wife that her and her daughter would probably be better off without having to deal with a twat like her husband. I'm sure you could've offered her or even both of them somewhere to stay

By *ydrewMan
over a year ago

Winchester

Violence is never the answer. But its effective

By *hinypants77Man
over a year ago

Leeds

I would have asked him if he’d like to step outside for a chat.

Tell him to have a think about his awful behaviour.

If he wanted to kick off I’d slap him silly then take his wife out for drinks and recommend some good divorce lawyers.

over a year ago

"If it was me (f) on my own nothing. If Mr N was with me I dread to think.

The poor wife and daughter, was he d*unk or something?"

No.. he was just a very rude man.

He seemed to be annoyed at his wife because her friend had given her advice.

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple
over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

I deal with it like this.

You’ve judged the person for being x,y,z

They clearly don’t share your moral compass.

Say your bit if you feel you need to. Say it calmly and sensibly.

Move away from the situation or get them moved.

Live your life in the comfort that you can behave yourself socially and not be an annoyance to others.

over a year ago

" "fucking British waste of fucking space".

At this point, how would you have reacted? "

I get extremely clumsy when flustered, so would probably lent on the table knocking his food and drink into his lap. Then being British I would have apologised profusely tried to help and accidentally pinned his scrotum to his chair with his fork.

By *a Fee VerteWoman
over a year ago

Limbo

The awful thing is, if he was unconcerned about speaking to his wife like that in public, chances are he'd possibly be even more abusive in private . I understand completely why you called him out but there's probably a good chance he'd have taken out the 'humiliation' you subjected him to on her later.

In situations like that I don't know what I've have done. Glared pointedly at him probably and refused to look away, tried to shame him with looks of contempt. But even then I'd be concerned I was making it worse for the woman. Maybe, just maybe, if their victim sees others stand up to someone like that they might just find the inner strength to leave or seek help (because if you're regularly subjected to abuse, it all too often gets minimised/normalised - through fear, and/or having your self esteem eroded) .... but it's very hard to know what to do for the best.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I deal with it like this.

You’ve judged the person for being x,y,z

They clearly don’t share your moral compass.

Say your bit if you feel you need to. Say it calmly and sensibly.

Move away from the situation or get them moved.

Live your life in the comfort that you can behave yourself socially and not be an annoyance to others.

"

I agree with this.

over a year ago

Apologies my post was very boring. But both of us feel exactly the same way now after years of dealing with shitty situations.

The chances of a person like that responding positively / even thinking twice about their actions because someone calls them out verbally or physically are remote. So we have and do say things calmly and rationally and then leave them to their beautiful life

By *ancduoCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Yeah I’d have told management too then accidentally spilt a drink on him on the way out

Mrs x

over a year ago

"The awful thing is, if he was unconcerned about speaking to his wife like that in public, chances are he'd possibly be even more abusive in private . I understand completely why you called him out but there's probably a good chance he'd have taken out the 'humiliation' you subjected him to on her later.

In situations like that I don't know what I've have done. Glared pointedly at him probably and refused to look away, tried to shame him with looks of contempt. But even then I'd be concerned I was making it worse for the woman. Maybe, just maybe, if their victim sees others stand up to someone like that they might just find the inner strength to leave or seek help (because if you're regularly subjected to abuse, it all too often gets minimised/normalised - through fear, and/or having your self esteem eroded) .... but it's very hard to know what to do for the best. "

This is the first thing I thought too. I would be wary of making him more angry in case he took it out on his wife when they got home. If she went to the loo I might follow soon after and ask if she was ok.

By *wisted2000Woman
over a year ago

under my rock cleethorpes

I struggle to hold my tongue sometimes, especially in that situation, I’d have started calmly like you did and asked him to keep his voice down and drop the bad language but if he’d have started shouting at me too I wouldn’t have been able to stop myself and I’d have shouted back, probably louder too, I had to do similar at work recently with a violent d*unk man and his two friends, I didn’t get physical in the slightest except walking towards them as they walked backwards but they all left with their tails between their legs, in a restaurant is different so I would have had to abandon my lunch before he got too abusive with anyone else there and walk away unfortunately

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Goodness me, what a terrible way to behave. You have to feel for the wife, I bet she hates him.

I'm not good with confrontational situations so I would of probably spoken to the restaurant manager.

over a year ago

I would have given him "The Stare"

over a year ago

I would have asked the wife if she wanted the name of a good divorce lawyer.

By *olden RatioWoman
over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

I would have said “funny, that’s not what your mum said last night”

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I would have called the police. That poor women needs to be shot of him

over a year ago

I'd have asked if he was a relative of Donald Trump.

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

Whilst the onus would have been on the Restaurant management to deal with the situation, I'd have had no qualms calling the Police directly, citing Breach of the Peace issues.

By law, once Police are aware of Breach of the Peace conditions, they have to respond within time limits set down in Police Regs.

The guy would have been seen to by officers in clear terms!

over a year ago

"Goodness me, what a terrible way to behave. You have to feel for the wife, I bet she hates him.

I'm not good with confrontational situations so I would of probably spoken to the restaurant manager."

People already had spoken with staff, I think their patience run out around the same time as mine..

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

I (he) would have asked to be moved, don’t want to be around idiots ruining my time and also don’t want to be dealing with them either. The issue is for the restaurant and as I’ve been acting in an appropriate manner, I expect to be catered for in an appropriate manner and for them (the restaurant) to resolve ‘that’ particular problem. I’d have zero interest in intervening as I’d want as little disruption to my day as possible, I’m a paying customer and I’m not doing their job for them.

By *exyspecs and supermanCouple
over a year ago

A house, a very big house in the country

Got up, politely said, in firm manner...

"Manners, Maketh,Man."

And then gone to town with a pint glass and your umbrella

over a year ago

"I (he) would have asked to be moved, don’t want to be around idiots ruining my time and also don’t want to be dealing with them either. The issue is for the restaurant and as I’ve been acting in an appropriate manner, I expect to be catered for in an appropriate manner and for them (the restaurant) to resolve ‘that’ particular problem. I’d have zero interest in intervening as I’d want as little disruption to my day as possible, I’m a paying customer and I’m not doing their job for them."

I wasn't in the mood for pussyfooting around, I was on my way back from hospital following treatment, I had decided I wanted to get a nice lunch, a personal treat so went to a hotel restaurant in Knightsbridge I know does a good value lunch deal..

I just wanted some quiet time, just me and my mountain of moules and that loud mouthed twunt was spoiling my "me time"

over a year ago

I think I would have asked for the manager to come to my table and asked him, in a way loud enough for the American chap to hear, to deal with the problem and see what happened next. If he tried to deal with it and things got nasty I'd back him up with plenty of witnesses to say I hadn't started it. If he refused to try and sort it out I would refuse to pay or, offer a much reduced payment for my meal and leave.

The law used to be that if you weren't happy with your meal you were within your rites to offer what you thought it was worth. Don't know anyone that's had the bottle to do that though and the law may have changed or just been a myth!

over a year ago

"Got up, politely said, in firm manner...

"Manners, Maketh,Man."

"

Oh I saw that film its erm. You know thingy with Colin Firth in

over a year ago

"Manners, Maketh,Man."

Oh I saw that film its erm. You know thingy with Colin Firth in "

Bridget Jones diary?

By *exyspecs and supermanCouple
over a year ago

A house, a very big house in the country

"Manners, Maketh,Man."

Bridget Jones diary? "

Big knickers

over a year ago

"Manners, Maketh,Man."

Bridget Jones diary? "

noooo dafty. OP we recently left a spa day half way through because of someone else’s poor behaviour at lunch, so I’m kind of understanding where you’re at but noting you’d been to hospital.

Deal with the important stuff leave the idiots to their own devices x

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

"I (he) would have asked to be moved, don’t want to be around idiots ruining my time and also don’t want to be dealing with them either. The issue is for the restaurant and as I’ve been acting in an appropriate manner, I expect to be catered for in an appropriate manner and for them (the restaurant) to resolve ‘that’ particular problem. I’d have zero interest in intervening as I’d want as little disruption to my day as possible, I’m a paying customer and I’m not doing their job for them.

I wasn't in the mood for pussyfooting around, I was on my way back from hospital following treatment, I had decided I wanted to get a nice lunch, a personal treat so went to a hotel restaurant in Knightsbridge I know does a good value lunch deal..

I just wanted some quiet time, just me and my mountain of moules and that loud mouthed twunt was spoiling my "me time" "

Molues! Well you should have said! Nothing would have stopped me enjoying them especially if there were a few frites on the side. Would have been too engrossed in the food but still alerted a waiter of the issue, I’d want him addressed and I’m not doing it. I avoid such sticky situations, had my fair share but good for you, got it off your chest, genuinely hope the treatment went well.

over a year ago

"I (he) would have asked to be moved, don’t want to be around idiots ruining my time and also don’t want to be dealing with them either. The issue is for the restaurant and as I’ve been acting in an appropriate manner, I expect to be catered for in an appropriate manner and for them (the restaurant) to resolve ‘that’ particular problem. I’d have zero interest in intervening as I’d want as little disruption to my day as possible, I’m a paying customer and I’m not doing their job for them.

I just wanted some quiet time, just me and my mountain of moules and that loud mouthed twunt was spoiling my "me time" "

That's super crap. Hope he fucked off and left you in peace.

By *K430Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

Truthfully , some obvious dickhead shouting into my face that I was a waste of space , I honestly can't say what the exact reaction would have been because all bullshit aside no one knows until they are in the situation, but there would have been a reaction .

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

"Truthfully , some obvious dickhead shouting into my face that I was a waste of space , I honestly can't say what the exact reaction would have been because all bullshit aside no one knows until they are in the situation, but there would have been a reaction . "

You sound like me (him) which is exactly why I’d have said nowt and put the issue square at the restaurants door. Where would have that reaction ended? Court, criminal record, prison? Sorry but I’m not putting myself in that position over something like this. I always think this way nowadays but I haven’t always. The bigger picture is the set default, responsibilities says it should be.

over a year ago

"Truthfully , some obvious dickhead shouting into my face that I was a waste of space , I honestly can't say what the exact reaction would have been because all bullshit aside no one knows until they are in the situation, but there would have been a reaction .

You sound like me (him) which is exactly why I’d have said nowt and put the issue square at the restaurants door. Where would have that reaction ended? Court, criminal record, prison? Sorry but I’m not putting myself in that position over something like this. I always think this way nowadays but I haven’t always. The bigger picture is the set default, responsibilities says it should be."

I liked your first post on this subject

over a year ago

I think I would at that point gone to the toilet and composed myself, because it's the safest thing all round, I would then return to my table, and request he either shuts up, or leaves, any more of his bullshit, and I'm afraid I would be inclined to smash his face into his table until he understood the Queens English.

What! I never said I was a nice man

By *K430Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

"Truthfully , some obvious dickhead shouting into my face that I was a waste of space , I honestly can't say what the exact reaction would have been because all bullshit aside no one knows until they are in the situation, but there would have been a reaction .

You sound like me (him) which is exactly why I’d have said nowt and put the issue square at the restaurants door. Where would have that reaction ended? Court, criminal record, prison? Sorry but I’m not putting myself in that position over something like this. I always think this way nowadays but I haven’t always. The bigger picture is the set default, responsibilities says it should be."

I agree with you 100% on the bigger picture etc. I genuinely do , but that's why I said it's impossible to say from my point of view how I'd react , until faced with the situation, and while everything you said makes sense I am aware enough of myself that while I have gotten better at counting to ten ,depending on the levels of abuse my tolerance still has limits

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

You sound like me (him) which is exactly why I’d have said nowt and put the issue square at the restaurants door. Where would have that reaction ended? Court, criminal record, prison? Sorry but I’m not putting myself in that position over something like this. I always think this way nowadays but I haven’t always. The bigger picture is the set default, responsibilities says it should be.

I liked your first post on this subject "

Thank you, and understood

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"I think I would at that point gone to the toilet and composed myself, because it's the safest thing all round, I would then return to my table, and request he either shuts up, or leaves, any more of his bullshit, and I'm afraid I would be inclined to smash his face into his table until he understood the Queens English.

What! I never said I was a nice man"

Or as we say in Salford... "do one"...

over a year ago

Really mouthy people get to me (we have one in our office although not as offensive as this guy).

I applaud you for saying something... Unfortunately I would probably have been stuck for words until about 3 hours later

Sorry you had to endure such a prick though x

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

My natural reaction would be to turn to him and in the best queens English reply...

Welcome to our beautiful country. I and all here thought Americans were supposed to be friendly and polite. Did you miss school that day?

By the way we can hear every word you are shouting... but your lips don't move. How do you do that

over a year ago

I wouldn't have spoken to him at all even to ask him to tone it down. But I would've asked the wife if she was OK.

over a year ago

Remember the restaurant scene in 'In Bruges' ?

Well. That.

over a year ago

"I wouldn't have spoken to him at all even to ask him to tone it down. But I would've asked the wife if she was OK."

Similar vein to me. I have a card in my wallet/bag that I carry - it has a comment:

“I apologise if I speak out of turn, but I’d rather have acted and be wrong, then not acted and potentially let you down. If the card is not relevant for you, please keep it to pass to someone else...

Freephone 24-Hour National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247

There is help. There is a future.”

I would have slipped this to her when he was otherwise distracted, or ask the restaurant staff to do so.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"I wouldn't have spoken to him at all even to ask him to tone it down. But I would've asked the wife if she was OK."

It's tricky isn't it? I'd be tempted, but I wonder if doing that would get her a pasting later...

By *exyback12345Man
over a year ago

manchester

[Removed by poster at 21/12/17 00:33:25]

By *exyback12345Man
over a year ago

manchester

Elpis that is exactly what should have been said.

As ever, us men have our say but in the shortest sentence you would've both hit him where it hurts the most, harder than any punch, made him think about his behaviour and done the most important thing which is make sure his wife actually was ok.

Well said!

I've tucked that in my pocket if I need it in the future

over a year ago

"I was sat in a restaurant for lunch, enters an American gent and is put on a table beside me..

Quite rudely, he orders a drink and some food and a short time later his wife arrives.

Alls ok for a time and then his tone turns nasty towards his wife, accusing her "slut daughter" of questionable acts (I assume his step kid).

People nearby start taking notice as he starts to swear more frequently at his wife and being quite vocal about her "fucking friend" and "if that fucking bitch sticks her fucking nose in my business, I'll fuck her over"..

Having now had my quiet lunch ruined, I leaned across and politely asked him to keep his voice down, stop the swearing and save his argument until they are back to their hotel room..

Unsurprisingly he turns his abuse on me... "fucking British waste of fucking space".

Ask him for his daughter's phone number.

over a year ago

"I wouldn't have spoken to him at all even to ask him to tone it down. But I would've asked the wife if she was OK.

It's tricky isn't it? I'd be tempted, but I wonder if doing that would get her a pasting later..."

There are, of course, nuances. I'd hope ignoring his blatant tantrum would shame him, I'd hope his wife would feel she wasn't alone and I'd hope it would make him realise people were noticing. I'd hope that was enough to make him think twice even in private.

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

My initial thought was to ask him to shut up. People replying that he could have taken it out on his mrs later has made me think. I would have never considered that and I admit it's flummaxed me.

over a year ago

"I was sat in a restaurant for lunch, enters an American gent and is put on a table beside me..

Passed his wife my number

By *eady and Willing 9Man
over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

Honestly?. I'd have slapped him up side his face. One thing I don't stand for is rudeness and no manners. Safe to say that most likely wouldn't have been the end of it it,but hey. My lunch had already been ruined so why not ruin his face!

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Sorry to hear about this OP I would of kicked off

Food fight. Food fight. Food fight.

I'm going in with a flying sausage first Grange Hill style

over a year ago

"Elpis that is exactly what should have been said.

As ever, us men have our say but in the shortest sentence you would've both hit him where it hurts the most, harder than any punch, made him think about his behaviour and done the most important thing which is make sure his wife actually was ok.

Well said!

"

Probably a little naive of me, I expected him to calm down when I spoke with him..

I had run through all the possible outcomes, fists flying, his wife turning nasty too, and considered that I was sat almost besides him, trapped behind my table and a wall the other side, should he have become aggressive, I wasn't in a good position..

Nonetheless, I ploughed on, asking him politely to shut up.

Once I'd let him vent and attract the attention of most of the customers and staff, I was about to come out with the killer line when an old couple at an adjacent table interjected. "Sir" he said, "you are not a gentleman, and if you did not notice the sign at the door, it says only gentleman are allowed to dine here", the old guy got up, grabbed the yanks arm and tryed to get him out of his seat.

The old guy was then joined by some others from different tables, all jostling to get him out of his seat, all telling him how rude he was, however he should not insult the British or a lady; if it wasn't for Britain, America would be empty plains; it was Britain that made America civilised; that he was a disgrace to his fellow Americans; he had all the charm of Donald Trump..

Now joined by the restaurant manager and staff, the American was taken to the door and told to leave while a couple of ladies talked to his wife.

And that was that, a very British thing happened, everybody returned to their meals, muttered some comments about how rude that man was and carried on as if nothing had happened...

His wife was asked by a table of ladies to join them, which she did. She was still with them when I left, drinking and laughing.

It was refreshing to see others willing to get involved, even if it was a man in his 70's.

over a year ago

"Sorry to hear about this OP I would of kicked off

I'm going in with a flying sausage first Grange Hill style"

That's was my favourite bit of grange Hill, it was never the same when Tucker left the series, never did like the new lot that took over..the girl that couldn't say one of the other characters name properly really aggravated me..

over a year ago

That's was my favourite bit of grange Hill, it was never the same when Tucker left the series, never did like the new lot that took over..the girl that couldn't say one of the other characters name properly really aggravated me.. "

Would that be the black girl trying to say Roland as Ro- Land

over a year ago

That's was my favourite bit of grange Hill, it was never the same when Tucker left the series, never did like the new lot that took over..the girl that couldn't say one of the other characters name properly really aggravated me..

Would that be the black girl trying to say Roland as Ro- Land "

That's was it.. it was really bugging me, I couldn't recall what she said..

over a year ago

over a year ago

I'd probably have sung him a song, or offered him a cup of camomile tea. British thing to do, isn't it?

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

I would have said, to be fair mate your daughter is a great shag. Your missus ain't bad either...

over a year ago

kissed him firmly on the lips and caressed his nuts ........then punched his lights out

over a year ago

"I would have said, to be fair mate your daughter is a great shag. Your missus ain't bad either..."

His wife was stunning..

He wasn't no oil painting, if I was him in would be being very nice to her, wooing her so I could get her back to my room ASAP and have my wicked way...

over a year ago

"I’d have complained to the restaurant manager and see what they did. "

Yes I would have had a word with the restaurant manager.

over a year ago

I'd go through various scenarios in my head when I'd say this or that but If I was on my own I'd likely say nothing. If the arsehole has no problem speaking to his wife like that in public then can you imagine what he'd say/do to a lone female he didn't know?

He may return to his car though, to find a post-it-note, stating that I hope his next shite is a hedgehog.

By *zamiWoman
over a year ago

LONDON

By *zamiWoman
over a year ago

LONDON

"Well I have to walk with a stick and he would of had to too , with it up his arse

I like your style... he certainly deserved a good beating and then being buggered with a walking stick.. "

Some would pay for that!

over a year ago

In true British gentleman Kingsman style, I'd have picked up my hat and cane, calmly locked the front door, looked back over my shoulder and clearly stated that manners maketh the man...

over a year ago

"Well I have to walk with a stick and he would of had to too , with it up his arse

I like your style... he certainly deserved a good beating and then being buggered with a walking stick..

Some would pay for that! "

They certainly would...

Just out of curiosity, you wouldn't know anywhere that offers such services... it's for my, Erm, friend....

By *otForSoftiesWoman
over a year ago

The North / Party Hard Everywhere

Some would pay for that!

They certainly would...

Just out of curiosity, you wouldn't know anywhere that offers such services... it's for my, Erm, friend.... "

No need to pay. I do it for the pleasure

over a year ago

I had similar a few weeks back. These 3 guys were being absolute fucking letcherous pricks, foul mouthed and upsetting a few other people.

I went over and offered to pay for their meal... naturally they asked why and I explained that if they continued it would be the last one they enjoyed for a while and I felt my act of kindness would balance any pain that they’d subsequently feel.

They apologised but I called the waitress over and insisted on paying, just to leave that little seed of doubt in their mind.

over a year ago

I've spent many years dealing with obnoxious, ranting people. I always like to talk to them in a low, calm voice regardless of their shouting. Look them in the eye and don't blink. It freaks people out.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I would have said my grandad fought for the us for 25 years and my cousin for 15 years in armed forces now if you don’t like England, leave and don’t come back

over a year ago

Some would pay for that!

They certainly would...

Just out of curiosity, you wouldn't know anywhere that offers such services... it's for my, Erm, friend....

No need to pay. I do it for the pleasure "

That's good to know.. I will be ther.. I mean my friend will be there soon..

over a year ago

"I think I would have asked for the manager to come to my table and asked him, in a way loud enough for the American chap to hear, to deal with the problem and see what happened next. If he tried to deal with it and things got nasty I'd back him up with plenty of witnesses to say I hadn't started it. If he refused to try and sort it out I would refuse to pay or, offer a much reduced payment for my meal and leave.

The law used to be that if you weren't happy with your meal you were within your rites to offer what you thought it was worth. Don't know anyone that's had the bottle to do that though and the law may have changed or just been a myth!"

I’ve done that before with a meal where we’ve had cause to make several complaints. There were 10 of us & when we paid the bill we told them what elements of the bill we were prepared to pay & what we weren’t. They accepted it & apologised profusely about all the problems.

And I’d have blanked the guy, spoken only to the wife, expressed my sympathies that her husband was clearly a retarded moron with Tourette’s & asked if she would care to join me for a civilised conversation. I would also have complained to the manager first & let her know that I’d done that, and pointed out to her that although he’s ruined everyone else’s lunch, it would seem he’s ruining her life, and given her the name of a good divorce lawyer.

Wouldn’t have uttered one word to him. Unless he butted in, at which point I’d ask him to kindly not interrupt my conversation with his wife. Guys like that hate being sidelined & like to throw their weight around, so it would have annoyed him significantly more than giving him another opportunity for an altercation.

over a year ago

Well said!

Probably a little naive of me, I expected him to calm down when I spoke with him..

I had run through all the possible outcomes, fists flying, his wife turning nasty too, and considered that I was sat almost besides him, trapped behind my table and a wall the other side, should he have become aggressive, I wasn't in a good position..

Once I'd let him vent and attract the attention of most of the customers and staff, I was about to come out with the killer line when an old couple at an adjacent table interjected. "Sir" he said, "you are not a gentleman, and if you did not notice the sign at the door, it says only gentleman are allowed to dine here", the old guy got up, grabbed the yanks arm and tryed to get him out of his seat.

The old guy was then joined by some others from different tables, all jostling to get him out of his seat, all telling him how rude he was, however he should not insult the British or a lady; if it wasn't for Britain, America would be empty plains; it was Britain that made America civilised; that he was a disgrace to his fellow Americans; he had all the charm of Donald Trump..

Now joined by the restaurant manager and staff, the American was taken to the door and told to leave while a couple of ladies talked to his wife.

And that was that, a very British thing happened, everybody returned to their meals, muttered some comments about how rude that man was and carried on as if nothing had happened...

His wife was asked by a table of ladies to join them, which she did. She was still with them when I left, drinking and laughing.

It was refreshing to see others willing to get involved, even if it was a man in his 70's.

"

Brilliant!! I love this - I hope she went & checked into a different hotel too!! He’ll have been furious & rightly so! Sometimes, especially recently, this country makes me despair, but THIS is why I love being British!!

over a year ago

Well said!

Brilliant!! I love this - I hope she went & checked into a different hotel too!! He’ll have been furious & rightly so! Sometimes, especially recently, this country makes me despair, but THIS is why I love being British!! "

It certainly was sUchida a very British thing, not a single diner seemed to be the slightest bit phased that they had just had to evict johny foreigner from the restaurant...

It's that quiet reserved way we have which invariably has the Americans portraying a Brit as an evil calculating villain in films.. Alan Rickman in die hard and Jeremy irons as the voice of scar are my personal faves...

over a year ago

"I've spent many years dealing with obnoxious, ranting people. I always like to talk to them in a low, calm voice regardless of their shouting. Look them in the eye and don't blink. It freaks people out. "

Mr is an expert at this. It does really unsettle people and they don't know how to react.

over a year ago

"I've spent many years dealing with obnoxious, ranting people. I always like to talk to them in a low, calm voice regardless of their shouting. Look them in the eye and don't blink. It freaks people out.

Mr is an expert at this. It does really unsettle people and they don't know how to react."

I like it. They either run out of steam and just look stupid or get provoked into doing something even more stupid.

over a year ago

At this point, how would you have reacted? kissed him firmly on the lips and caressed his nuts ........then punched his lights out "

but only if it was a restaurant I didn't like

over a year ago

"I've spent many years dealing with obnoxious, ranting people. I always like to talk to them in a low, calm voice regardless of their shouting. Look them in the eye and don't blink. It freaks people out.

Mr is an expert at this. It does really unsettle people and they don't know how to react."

What.. who resurrected this one..

I thought this had ceased to be days ago! expired and gone to meet 'is maker! Bereft of posts,'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!..... THIS IS AN EX-THREAD!!

By *wo4play69Couple
over a year ago

bicester

It would have involved him getting a back hand and a lesson in manners

over a year ago

It would have involved him getting a back hand and a lesson in manners"

Violence never resolves anything other than getting you picked up by the fuzz..

Which is quite painful..

over a year ago

It would have involved him getting a back hand and a lesson in manners

Violence never resolves anything other than getting you picked up by the fuzz..

Which is quite painful.. "

trimmed here

Post new Message to Thread