FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Putting your kids toys together( Fucking bastarding piece of shit edition)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So what toys have done your head in through the years and took up a whole day putting it together , For me it was a Spiderman City playset, was all air powered , had to connect miles of plastic tubes to a pump so doors would blow open and cars blow up etc. 9 fucking hours with instructions straight out of NASA son played it for 10 minutes then back in the box till the annual room clearance and off to the charity shop , Barbie's castle was also a Twat to build

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

One year tracy island really pissed me off .Lots of stickers and looked like shit .Then was the wrestling ring neally lost my eye .Thank God he's older know and just wants money

over a year ago

"So what toys have done your head in through the years and took up a whole day putting it together , For me it was a Spiderman City playset, was all air powered , had to connect miles of plastic tubes to a pump so doors would blow open and cars blow up etc. 9 fucking hours with instructions straight out of NASA son played it for 10 minutes then back in the box till the annual room clearance and off to the charity shop , Barbie's castle was also a Twat to build"

I wonder how much money we waste every year on presents that we think look spectacular but are literally never played with and sent off the the charity shop a couple of years later?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/12/17 09:36:43]

over a year ago

A drum kit

over a year ago

"One year tracy island really pissed me off .Lots of stickers and looked like shit .Then was the wrestling ring neally lost my eye .Thank God he's older know and just wants money "
its a minefield of danger

over a year ago

Oh I forgot the 6 stiches I needed to my hand after trying to put a trampoline together in 2015, the last spring is a C@#T to get on

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

Thankfully that was my Dad’s job Xmas eve, I’d check beforehand all the bits were there. My parents and I would be up until everything was assembled, father of the kids would have an early night . We’re past that stage now just batteries to insert but that’s usually done pre Xmas to ensure everything works

over a year ago

"Thankfully that was my Dad’s job Xmas eve, I’d check beforehand all the bits were there. My parents and I would be up until everything was assembled, father of the kids would have an early night . We’re past that stage now just batteries to insert but that’s usually done pre Xmas to ensure everything works "
Our kids just want money these days , but there is a wave of up and coming grand kids and I just know its going to happen all over again

over a year ago

A ride in battery car for my daughter. Would of been fine but the instructions were in mandarin I think

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Years ago one of ours was chosen by a toy company to test a new line of toy. Putting that damn thing together was an impossible task. I sat up really late one night trying to do it. The line was never introduced

over a year ago

We find that even getting the toys out of the boxes they come in are a nightmare. You almost need a full tool kit just for that.

over a year ago

I bought all the stupid put together toys for my son when he was younger (now 29), my daughter (now 9) I’ve persuaded that they are complete rubbish, never look like they do on the tv and certainly never do what they are portrayed to do....she’s a sensible girl and agrees

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

"One year tracy island really pissed me off .Lots of stickers and looked like shit .Then was the wrestling ring neally lost my eye .Thank God he's older know and just wants money "

Tracy Island was a bastard, but my worse was a Micro Machines folding lorry/city playset. Hours of stickers and fiddly little bits of plastic.

Glad my kids are too old for those bloody things now.

over a year ago

"We find that even getting the toys out of the boxes they come in are a nightmare. You almost need a full tool kit just for that."
That's a great point, that's an hour before you start on some things

over a year ago

Lego Star Wars ewok village.

Actually Lacey did most of it, I got bored after an hour or so.

She loves building Lego, the end result was brilliant and we still play with it

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Thankfully that was my Dad’s job Xmas eve, I’d check beforehand all the bits were there. My parents and I would be up until everything was assembled, father of the kids would have an early night . We’re past that stage now just batteries to insert but that’s usually done pre Xmas to ensure everything works Our kids just want money these days , but there is a wave of up and coming grand kids and I just know its going to happen all over again "

I have a feeling when that time comes that will be my job. I’ll be the only one with a tool box

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Mousetrap I think it was. Took bloody ages and looked all plasticy and poorly redesigned. I didn't remember it being so naff when I had it!!

By *hadowcookieCouple
over a year ago

Portlaoise

"So what toys have done your head in through the years and took up a whole day putting it together , For me it was a Spiderman City playset, was all air powered , had to connect miles of plastic tubes to a pump so doors would blow open and cars blow up etc. 9 fucking hours with instructions straight out of NASA son played it for 10 minutes then back in the box till the annual room clearance and off to the charity shop , Barbie's castle was also a Twat to build"

One year it was a micro machine complete with hundreds of micro stickers!!!.. Now they are teenagers and I'd love to be back there.. No fun wrapping clothes lol

over a year ago

I helped my friend build one of those hamster cages with all the tubes. We have fallen out once in 26 years of friendship. That was it. The hamster died by new year too.

over a year ago

ALL of the Lego. I seem to spend days putting things together for them to end up in pieces (have you seen the size of the Death Star )

over a year ago

"We find that even getting the toys out of the boxes they come in are a nightmare. You almost need a full tool kit just for that.That's a great point, that's an hour before you start on some things "

This year our plan is to remove the toys from the boxes carefully, put batteries in them, then place back in the box and wrap them up. Now whether this plan comes together and works, well we shall let you know! Lol

over a year ago

"ALL of the Lego. I seem to spend days putting things together for them to end up in pieces (have you seen the size of the Death Star )"

Lego is the devil in our house. Then when bits get left out and you stand on them!!!!!!

over a year ago

"ALL of the Lego. I seem to spend days putting things together for them to end up in pieces (have you seen the size of the Death Star )"
Yep its almost as big as its price tag

over a year ago

Hot wheels stick on the wall track, bastard thing would stay up long enough fur the cars to do one lap! All that cash and it went to the car boot months later!

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Bought a Hello Little toddler bed as a suprise for when she got back from her dad's.

The pack said it would take an hour. It took two of us the best part of 3hours. If I'd been doing it on my own I would have flung it out the window. There were holes missing and everything.

Bet Joseph didn't have that problem with the manger.

over a year ago

I no longer buy Playmobil stuff, i've got a toy room full of half built Pirate ships, Pirate Islands, you name it, i've got it (half built!).

And if one more piece of that teeny tiny Lego makes it into my house i'm hoovering the bloody lot up and dumping it far far away (in a Recycling Centre).

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Anyone who's mentioned bastard bloody Micro Machines already I'm with you!! Thousands of tiny fucking micro stickers that need to be placed at the most awkward angles or in the tiniest places imaginable!!

And don't get me started on the bloody twist ties that you need to undo just to release the cheap piece of plastic tat from the box - all the while being pestered by a five year old that has to play with it NOW - despite the huge mountain of other toys available!!

Or the fact that the screws they use to secure the battery compartment are made of the softest metal imaginable so the screwdriver slot shears and can't be budged!!

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"I no longer buy Playmobil stuff, i've got a toy room full of half built Pirate ships, Pirate Islands, you name it, i've got it (half built!).

And if one more piece of that teeny tiny Lego makes it into my house i'm hoovering the bloody lot up and dumping it far far away (in a Recycling Centre)."

I throw the Lego away when she isn't looking. Bad Mother.

By *s_macWoman
over a year ago

Traffic land

"We find that even getting the toys out of the boxes they come in are a nightmare. You almost need a full tool kit just for that."

Yep, this is me too. I don’t mind putting stuff together. But quite why a doll needs 200 plastics clips, some of which are screwed through the backing board and even her hair sewn on to it, is quite beyond me.

over a year ago

"One year tracy island really pissed me off .Lots of stickers and looked like shit .Then was the wrestling ring neally lost my eye .Thank God he's older know and just wants money

Tracy Island was a bastard, but my worse was a Micro Machines folding lorry/city playset. Hours of stickers and fiddly little bits of plastic.

Glad my kids are too old for those bloody things now."

Oh god my sons had those too. I remember the hours it took doing them. I remember one Christmas Eve we were up half the night putting a toy kitchen, garage and some other toys together. Only to get woken up at 6am by the kids with screams of Santa’s been x

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

Mine was when the Amstrasd 464 cpc was introduced, it sort of competed with the ZX spectrum at the time, well we broke the bank at the time buying it for our kid and then realised there were very few games for it and what there was was not very suitable for an 11 year old girl, we noticed that some of the PC magazines had games written out in them and all you had to do was type in hours of code for each game & save it on the built in cassette.

well, we spent weeks typing in these fecking games

over a year ago

But this year it's revenge as for my neice and nephew who are into art I bought them potters wheel .look on my sister's face be priceless .

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

A small trampoline without a shadow of a doubt! Santa very nearly decided to take it to the tip on Christmas Eve

By *hadowcookieCouple
over a year ago

Portlaoise

"Anyone who's mentioned bastard bloody Micro Machines already I'm with you!! Thousands of tiny fucking micro stickers that need to be placed at the most awkward angles or in the tiniest places imaginable!!

And don't get me started on the bloody twist ties that you need to undo just to release the cheap piece of plastic tat from the box - all the while being pestered by a five year old that has to play with it NOW - despite the huge mountain of other toys available!!

Or the fact that the screws they use to secure the battery compartment are made of the softest metal imaginable so the screwdriver slot shears and can't be budged!!"

Soooooo feel your pain.... Lol

over a year ago

"Mine was when the Amstrasd 464 cpc was introduced, it sort of competed with the ZX spectrum at the time, well we broke the bank at the time buying it for our kid and then realised there were very few games for it and what there was was not very suitable for an 11 year old girl, we noticed that some of the PC magazines had games written out in them and all you had to do was type in hours of code for each game & save it on the built in cassette.

well, we spent weeks typing in these fecking games "

Ah those were the days. I loved my cpc 464 I had tons of games used to buy cheap games from the local tape to tape them and take them back.

Post new Message to Thread