Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How open should we be?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Many people will say anything for a shag. If you're open about what you're looking for there's a risk that people will just lie and say they want the same.

But if you aren't open about what you want, perhaps it's more difficult to find someone that you have things in common with.

How open should we be?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Wish i had an answer to that one.

But telling anyone here what you may want or how you may feel never seems to go well...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

As much as you feel comfortable with.

Personally I have stages and have found to find someone to have truely great sex with you can't rush it and you have to invest time.

I mean if all you want is just a shag then each to there own! I'm more of a I have to get on with the person, before I even contemplate putting out

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I can only speak for myself and probably way to open but there's a method to this madmans actions

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

You’ve hit the nail on the head, some ppl will say anything for a shag. Those that are honest about what they want definitely fall victim to this. I’ve experienced it but thankfully it was easy to spot on all occasions

(Just to clarify I’m not saying it’s only men guilty of this)

By *urious_couple_2015Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Many people will say anything for a shag. If you're open about what you're looking for there's a risk that people will just lie and say they want the same.

But if you aren't open about what you want, perhaps it's more difficult to find someone that you have things in common with.

How open should we be?"

We’ve been really open in our profile and rarely find people who are interested in the same thing

I honestly think being as honest as possible is the best way and you’ll find people who are into what you are and then the sky’s the limit I suppose

over a year ago

Be open on your bio... everyone can see what you like and what you want without having to ask.

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Wish i had an answer to that one.

But telling anyone here what you may want or how you may feel never seems to go well..."

Hmmmmm that depends on who you tell and if they feel the same. That’s usually where the problems start, when one party gets ‘the feels’ and the other just wants sex. Unfortunately you can’t turn off emotion, it’s very difficult for lots of ppl to just have sex without developing feelings. Maybe the answer is one off meets? Then they don’t get attached

over a year ago

I'm open, but also closed. I only tell folk what i want them to know.

I think folk online can use your weaknesses against you in a vile way. I wouldn't trust anybody online, no matter how lovely they appear, not to try and use that against me to suit their agenda at some point in time.

over a year ago

"I'm open, but also closed. I only tell folk what i want them to know.

I think folk online can use your weaknesses against you in a vile way. I wouldn't trust anybody online, no matter how lovely they appear, not to try and use that against me to suit their agenda at some point in time.

"

elegantly put!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

O.P.

Shall I give my honest opinion or blow smoke up everyone's ass ?

over a year ago

Open as britan after brexit

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Oh. Open on here or in life in general ?

over a year ago

"O.P.

Shall I give my honest opinion or blow smoke up everyone's ass ?"

What kind of smoke?

over a year ago

"O.P.

Shall I give my honest opinion or blow smoke up everyone's ass ?"

Honest opinion please. You know I can take it. I prefer honesty even if it's like a sledge hammer to my heart.

over a year ago

I'm honest and open about what I'm looking for and have guys say that there looking for the same just to get a shag

I'm not as easy to fool now though

over a year ago

"Oh. Open on here or in life in general ?"

In here really. But both.

over a year ago

Op, what do you think? Cos that's precisely exactly what i think..we're so in tuuuune!

Will you touch it now?

That type of thing?

over a year ago

"

that's human nature. As soon as someone has served their purpose they'll be dropped. Could be after one night, could be after 20 years.

As for being open. I think it's about context. Fab is full of extremely selfish people, mainly men ime. So if you're going to be open, I personally feel you need to keep that in mind to mitigate hurt.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I'm totaly open & honest.

I have a conscience & I like to get some sleep at night.

Came accross a few who weren't when I first joined, very quickly learnt how to spot them & out the liars.

I'm not here for a 'relationship' but at the same time I'd rather see regular friends than one offs.

I have certain preferences & for me, an amount of trust needs to be established first

over a year ago

"Op, what do you think? Cos that's precisely exactly what i think..we're so in tuuuune!

Will you touch it now?

That type of thing?

"

Yep that.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"O.P.

What kind of smoke? "

For you...... bacon flavour, with a soupcon of brie cheese.

over a year ago

"I'm totaly open & honest.

Came accross a few who weren't when I first joined, very quickly learnt how to spot them & out the liars.

I'm not here for a 'relationship' but at the same time I'd rather see regular friends than one offs.

I have certain preferences & for me, an amount of trust needs to be established first "

i get this and this is me

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

Unfortunately some people open themselves up too much and this is where the hurt happens, you are meeting for sex and a good time, you should never kid yourself that they are going to be “the one” unless you both develop feelings and want to be a couple later on down the line.

I don’t really believe that people will say anything to meet because why would you want to meet someone who really doesn’t appeal to you, that isn’t good for self esteem on either side.

I have always met with the premise that I enjoy the experience without any hang ups or demands on their time and definitely no demands on their emotions

over a year ago

I'm 100% open and honest...best way if you ask me

By *s_macWoman
over a year ago

Traffic land

"As much as you feel comfortable with.

Personally I have stages and have found to find someone to have truely great sex with you can't rush it and you have to invest time.

I mean if all you want is just a shag then each to there own! I'm more of a I have to get on with the person, before I even contemplate putting out "

This is me too, although it’s not foolproof and I experienced something recently where someone talked a good talk, but the reality was very different. Then when he asked to meet again, and said I didn’t want to because I was looking for something more reciprocal, he didn’t take that well and got really quite nasty.

It did knock the wind out of my sails temporarily, but I quickly bounced back because I wasn’t going to let one negative ruin what has been a whole lot of positives in my Fab experience and I don’t know that there is anything different I could have done to get a different result. I guess sometimes some are going to slip through the net.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Oh. Open on here or in life in general ?

In here really. But both. "

Okies.

Life in general.

Be open. Be honest. If you hide things from people then you are not being you. Any relationship that forms would then be formed on a falsehood. ( be it a quick shaggy or a long term ting )

Now .....relationships formed on the false you will fail.

By being honest and open I don't mean give every stranger with the black eyes and cheek scars your phone number or home address...... i just mean say what you want and what you don't want and don't be taken in by promises until you know the person is reliable.

See, my way of thinking says this. Yes people are cruel at times but why do people blame everyone else for what happens to them ? They need to take responsibility for what happens and act on it .......

So ..... be very open but exercise caution.

Why lie or live in fear ?

over a year ago

"Many people will say anything for a shag. If you're open about what you're looking for there's a risk that people will just lie and say they want the same.

How open should we be?"

This isn't new, it's always been the case whether on or off-line. Some people are players and some will be played, it's just the way it is.

I think online sites like Fab make it easier not to be played because there's a certain expectation that most people are looking for nsa or casual sex.

Those that are played should manage their expectations better and develop their skills of judgement.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

or get emotionally upset when you put all your eggs into a pretty strangers basket.

over a year ago

"I'm 100% open and honest...best way if you ask me"

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

How open should we be?

This isn't new, it's always been the case whether on or off-line. Some people are players and some will be played, it's just the way it is.

I think online sites like Fab make it easier not to be played because there's a certain expectation that most people are looking for nsa or casual sex.

Those that are played should manage their expectations better and develop their skills of judgement. "

Just look and read. Look and read that last line.

If I wasn't such a decent woman I'd kiss your ass

over a year ago

"Op, what do you think? Cos that's precisely exactly what i think..we're so in tuuuune!

Will you touch it now?

That type of thing?

Yep that. "

I think a lot of people will do that, to a lesser or more degree, perhaps just down to softening an opinion on something in order to be more amiable with you. Sometimes it's meant well and sometimes your opinion rubs off and changes that of others and sometimes people will make up any old crap to get what hey want from you.

How open you want to be is a bit of risk assessment I guess..how sensitive are you if this happens? Is it worth the payoff of the bonuses of being an open soul? It's a lot of maths with emotion rather than numbers and all our sums stack up differently.

I try to be fairly open, but then I'm pretty hard to hurt too so it works for me

over a year ago

"O.P.

What kind of smoke?

For you...... bacon flavour, with a soupcon of brie cheese. "

Get it up me!

over a year ago

Okies.

Life in general.

Be open. Be honest. If you hide things from people then you are not being you. Any relationship that forms would then be formed on a falsehood. ( be it a quick shaggy or a long term ting )

By being honest and open I don't mean give every stranger with the black eyes and cheek scars your phone number or home address...... i just mean say what you want and what you don't want and don't be taken in by promises until you know the person is reliable.

See, my way of thinking says this. Yes people are cruel at times but why do people blame everyone else for what happens to them ? They need to take responsibility for what happens and act on it .......

Why lie or live in fear ?"

Take responsibility in what way? If I'm open and say I want friendship and sex.. someone tells me they are my friend but actually they just want a shag and that's all... is that my fault for trusting them?

over a year ago

Will you touch it now?

That type of thing?

Yep that.

I think a lot of people will do that, to a lesser or more degree, perhaps just down to softening an opinion on something in order to be more amiable with you. Sometimes it's meant well and sometimes your opinion rubs off and changes that of others and sometimes people will make up any old crap to get what hey want from you.

How open you want to be is a bit of risk assessment I guess..how sensitive are you if this happens? Is it worth the payoff of the bonuses of being an open soul? It's a lot of maths with emotion rather than numbers and all our sums stack up differently.

I try to be fairly open, but then I'm pretty hard to hurt too so it works for me "

Thanks Christos. Yeah people can change, I forget that sometimes. The outcome is important, I forget that too.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Okies.

Life in general.

Take responsibility in what way? If I'm open and say I want friendship and sex.. someone tells me they are my friend but actually they just want a shag and that's all... is that my fault for trusting them?"

You decide if they are a friend, not them and until you decide they are then don't fuck them. Take responsibility , exercise caution. And yes, to my way of thinking if you give your friendship easily , you will be fucked. Things worth having in life are worth waiting for and working for.

If I fuck - it's for fucks sake.

over a year ago

How open should we be?

Those that are played should manage their expectations better and develop their skills of judgement. "

I do agree that Fab is better for honesty that way. Dating sites seem full of smoke blowers.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

There are always going to be liars and players on here, the trick is being able to see through them, sometimes it's not so easy, and the odd one may slip through your self checks, that's life and shit happens

By *ineMan
over a year ago

Okies.

Life in general.

Take responsibility in what way? If I'm open and say I want friendship and sex.. someone tells me they are my friend but actually they just want a shag and that's all... is that my fault for trusting them?"

We only have one side of the story but isn't that why Miss Wilkes went unlos in the past few days?

And it does appear that some number of both sexes here can or are capable of acting in the same manner.

But despite that I would still rather take the chance and trust someone even if it's proved my trust is misplaced rather than be closed and trusting of no one.

Maybe like much here I'm doing it wrong but I won't maybe xant change who I am because of the actions of others.

Why should anyone do that. It's always more authentic to be true to yourself.

over a year ago

"I'm totaly open & honest.

I have certain preferences & for me, an amount of trust needs to be established first "

over a year ago

Okies.

Life in general.

Take responsibility in what way? If I'm open and say I want friendship and sex.. someone tells me they are my friend but actually they just want a shag and that's all... is that my fault for trusting them?

We only have one side of the story but isn't that why Miss Wilkes went unlos in the past few days?

And it does appear that some number of both sexes here can or are capable of acting in the same manner.

But despite that I would still rather take the chance and trust someone even if it's proved my trust is misplaced rather than be closed and trusting of no one.

Maybe like much here I'm doing it wrong but I won't maybe xant change who I am because of the actions of others.

Why should anyone do that. It's always more authentic to be true to yourself."

Yes maybe she did, I'm thinking of a real life situation though. Perhaps trusting myself is the issue. The person has admitted to talking shit when they are horny.

I need truth serum.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

My profile is honest and to the point. Who can say the same?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"My profile is honest and to the point. Who can say the same? "

Me

over a year ago

Okies.

Life in general.

You decide if they are a friend, not them and until you decide they are then don't fuck them. Take responsibility , exercise caution. And yes, to my way of thinking if you give your friendship easily , you will be fucked. Things worth having in life are worth waiting for and working for.

If I fuck - it's for fucks sake. "

Fair point.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"My profile is honest and to the point. Who can say the same?

Me"

But you don't list what you're looking for..

By *ineMan
over a year ago

Okies.

Life in general.

Yes maybe she did, I'm thinking of a real life situation though. Perhaps trusting myself is the issue. The person has admitted to talking shit when they are horny.

I need truth serum. "

Never doubt yourself. There are enough here who will take advantage of self doubt or even being open and honest about what you want and how you feel.

Btw. If you have any of that truth serum to spare you can post it to me at......

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

Okies.

Life in general.

If I fuck - it's for fucks sake. "

I’m with you Granny and it applies to males and females. If you’re looking for something specific and you’re honest about it I think you’re more open to being deceived. Your defences drop more easily at the hint of what you’re looking for because you really want it

over a year ago

Okies.

Life in general.

I need truth serum.

Never doubt yourself. There are enough here who will take advantage of self doubt or even being open and honest about what you want and how you feel.

Btw. If you have any of that truth serum to spare you can post it to me at......"

Truth serum: beer.

over a year ago

How open should we be?

Those that are played should manage their expectations better and develop their skills of judgement.

I do agree that Fab is better for honesty that way. Dating sites seem full of smoke blowers. "

Fab has a lot of people on it looking for a date or relationship. It's inevitable that they're going to find people who are just looking for sex.

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

"My profile is honest and to the point. Who can say the same?

Me

But you don't list what you're looking for.."

Im honest but I dont feel the tick list works for me its far to mechanical for me. Pleasure, excitement,passion and levels of trust only come with time.

over a year ago

I'm quite open, but always keep in mind that someone may not be. I always prepare for a crash landing

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

I am open and honest,but i dont trust people on here unless i 've known them a while and they have prooved reliable/honest.

I think many have an agenda and many will tell you anything to get that meet.

Go with your instincts about people and hopefully you won't go far wrong though.

Miss

By *s_macWoman
over a year ago

Traffic land

"My profile is honest and to the point. Who can say the same? "

Mine is honest

By *ineMan
over a year ago

Mines honest. But it seems to have slipped of the search lists

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

How open should we be?"

It's tricky. I'm open with my needs,but don't believe anyone when they say they want the same,so yeah bit pointless really.

over a year ago

I take everything with a pinch if salt here.

We are talking to people's internet alter egos.

I doubt that most people are as they seem online.

In real life for the majority of the time most of us have real life to contend with - and I think that a lot of us come on here to escape it.

It's good to try and tick a few things off your bucket list and for random lustful fucks- but that is it.

Making lists of what you're looking for is bound to disappoint.

I'm open to all if it - but won't hold my breath waiting for what I'm looking for.

By *ficouldMan
over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

How open should we be?"

Who knows? For me it's about trust and building on it the longer I know you the more open I become. My profile was as open as I felt it could be.

over a year ago

How open should we be?

It's tricky. I'm open with my needs,but don't believe anyone when they say they want the same,so yeah bit pointless really."

Exactly.

over a year ago

How open should we be?"

as a book

over a year ago

wide enough for my head in between those thi...

oops..the other kind of open

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I need food, water, shelter and sex - that's about the right level of details to give

I shy away from guys who say that they want whatever I do, so put the ones on to them to reveal - then I'm clearer on compatibility. It's right to be open but I'll also not want to do everything with everybody and also not all the time.

Get what you are hungry for, with someone who's hungry reciprocally. Earn each others openness

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"Earn each others openness "

Nail on the head.

over a year ago

Well OP, that I'd like the 64 million dollar question. We have no idea what is the right thing to do on here. We just try to go with the flow and see how things pan out when chattting to people.

Never sure how much or how little information to put on our profile.

over a year ago

"Well OP, that I'd like the 64 million dollar question. We have no idea what is the right thing to do on here. We just try to go with the flow and see how things pan out when chattting to people.

Never sure how much or how little information to put on our profile."

*That is like the 64....

By *irginieWoman
over a year ago

Near Marlborough

I generally start from a position of trust in all things unless or until you fuck me over. I’m fiercely loyal so you’d have to do something pretty vile to push me to that point. Having said that I’m no fool and I’m nobody’s pushover. I’m clear in my own mind about what I want both short and long term and if I decide it’s someone else’s business I’m happy to let them know it too. But my deepest feelings and secrets are for my closest friends and lovers only.

V x

over a year ago

I'm an open book, I see no point in lying here. If you want a bit portray the fact you want x. You'll be found out eventually anyway.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

How open should we be?"

On the internet not open at all. You make yourself far too vulnerable to way too many people. You increase the odds of someone telling you what you want to hear by a trillion.

However even outside of the online community there will be people who spot a vulnerability and exploit it at least it's harder for them. Nobody would consider walking round with a bill board saying e.g. "I'm a lonely widow/er looking for companionship. I'm comfortably off and own my own home" but they'll happily post a version of that on the net. That kind of thing is a con man or woman's dream come true.

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

How open should we be?

On the internet not open at all. You make yourself far too vulnerable to way too many people. You increase the odds of someone telling you what you want to hear by a trillion.

However even outside of the online community there will be people who spot a vulnerability and exploit it at least it's harder for them. Nobody would consider walking round with a bill board saying e.g. "I'm a lonely widow/er looking for companionship. I'm comfortably off and own my own home" but they'll happily post a version of that on the net. That kind of thing is a con man or woman's dream come true."

As a wise old metal band once sang.

Sad but true.

By *hinypants77Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Depends. I don’t give myself away too freely too quickly. I wanna know what the person is really about before letting them in. Trust everybody once and give the benefit of doubt but there’s no rush.

Fake people can only keep the facade up for so long but you’ll learn who’s genuine over time. Suss them out and see if their actions match what they say. Look them in the eye and ask them flat out too. I can spot an expert liar a mile off. Online it’s not so easy.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I do think that some people are unwilling or unable to believe that they've been taken in or conned and will continue to defend the person whose deceived them.

A family friend has systematically been relieved of her and her late husband's life savings, sold her house and moved to a static caravan and sold her car to finance a waiter she met on holiday 15 years ago. She insists that he loves her despite the fact that he has a wife and family.

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

"I do think that some people are unwilling or unable to believe that they've been taken in or conned and will continue to defend the person whose deceived them.

A family friend has systematically been relieved of her and her late husband's life savings, sold her house and moved to a static caravan and sold her car to finance a waiter she met on holiday 15 years ago. She insists that he loves her despite the fact that he has a wife and family."

See that sort of thing all too often. You can't tell them. They have to learn the hard way it seems.

over a year ago

Sex is easy, friendship is harder, relationship the hardest of all.

The more effort required the greater the reward.

What is open and honest now may not be tomorrow. I honestly get on with a lot of people I interact with, but if we take it a stage further, often a friendship won't develop.

By *ames1763Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

In my opinion, I don't agree many people would say anything for a shag, I definitely don't play like that, I have found that I enjoy the company of the ladies more when am not in any kind of relationship with them, they always put more effort in and they are always sweet , once any kind of relationship is established, everything goes downhill , so I seriously avoid the emotional relationships. I believe most players do the same thing. My motto is simple, you can enjoy me to the max as long as you accept it is not a relationship.

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

I don't think it really matters that much what you put on your profile, most people won't even read it anyway.

I've read some profiles on here and thought 'not for me' but then I've met the person at a social or something and actually got on really well with them. On the other hand I've read some profiles and thought to myself 'yes, we're a perfect match' but when I've actually gone and met them it just hasn't worked out.

I think, as long as your honest, you can put a little or as much as you like in your profile but the only way you're actually going to find out if you really like someone and want to get intimate with them is by actually meeting them, not by reading a profile, however well or badly, long or short, detailed or scantly written it actually is.

over a year ago

"I do think that some people are unwilling or unable to believe that they've been taken in or conned and will continue to defend the person whose deceived them.

A family friend has systematically been relieved of her and her late husband's life savings, sold her house and moved to a static caravan and sold her car to finance a waiter she met on holiday 15 years ago. She insists that he loves her despite the fact that he has a wife and family."

That is so sad, bless her.

over a year ago

"

This, we are all a lot deeper than a profile page. I can only be as open and upfront as I'm willing to be. And I've found taking time with friends is working out more, than covering everything with strangers.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

A family friend has systematically been relieved of her and her late husband's life savings, sold her house and moved to a static caravan and sold her car to finance a waiter she met on holiday 15 years ago. She insists that he loves her despite the fact that he has a wife and family.

See that sort of thing all too often. You can't tell them. They have to learn the hard way it seems."

15 years later living in accommodation she has to vacate for two weeks a year, travelling everywhere on public transport and living for weekly phone calls she still hasn't learned. In the early days people tried to gently, then less gently counsel her. Her response was to tell them they didn't know what other was like to be lonely. I think she's probably more lonely now than she could have imagined

By *icearmsMan
over a year ago

KIDLINGTON

I tend to be open... I've never had a hook up from here and tend to get to know people before a social meet and playdate.

That allows both parties to get to know each other a little.

But each to their own I guess.

over a year ago

Can't get much more open and hohnest than my profile lol

over a year ago

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

See that sort of thing all too often. You can't tell them. They have to learn the hard way it seems.

15 years later living in accommodation she has to vacate for two weeks a year, travelling everywhere on public transport and living for weekly phone calls she still hasn't learned. In the early days people tried to gently, then less gently counsel her. Her response was to tell them they didn't know what other was like to be lonely. I think she's probably more lonely now than she could have imagined "

That’s incredibly sad

over a year ago

I’m honest, not sure about completely open as I have trust issues so people have to earn my trust. But I don’t put on a false front, you get what I am warts and all x

Post new Message to Thread