Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Forum behaviour.

Jump to newest

By *ieman300 OP   Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

Absolutely shamefull some of the things that have been said on certain threads the last day or so. Have a word with yourselves. I am not perfect by any means and get it wrong myself sometimes but come on people. Using threads to get digs in at individuals or groups of people. What do you get out of it? Yes it's a free forum and to an extent you can say what you like. Just because you can, should you?

Disgusting behaviour.

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Absolutely shamefull some of the things that have been said on certain threads the last day or so. Have a word with yourselves. I am not perfect by any means and get it wrong myself sometimes but come on people. Using threads to get digs in at individuals or groups of people. What do you get out of it? Yes it's a free forum and to an extent you can say what you like. Just because you can, should you?

Disgusting behaviour."

I have been thinking this myself so now that you have brought it up I will say that I completely agree with you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Feel free to ignore them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oooooh, whats been said? Giz the gos!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nature of the beast sadly. Some threads that should disappear, are left open for sport sometimes, yet others vanish faster than a hooker closing her legs when she hears the words 'I'm skint'.

What to do?

We have a responsibility to report threads or posts. Is it being done enough? Should there be more moderators? Probably. (Btw, im not criticising mods before I end up on holiday, it's an observation)

Reply privately

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

In a suprising turn of events trolls exist in a public internet forum!

Just ignore... or murder. I like to do a mixture.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In a suprising turn of events trolls exist in a public internet forum!

Just ignore... or murder. I like to do a mixture."

I noticed your patio was looking a tad lumpy these days.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I missed it. Busy having sex.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just report them and let the mods deal. But can't say I've noticed it's any different to normal

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I missed it. Busy having sex."

All weekend? You lucky beatch

Reply privately

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

There a always something on the forums to upset someone...

Or someone looking to be upset by something on the forums...

Live and let troll

Reply privately

By *ieman300 OP   Man
over a year ago

"Nature of the beast sadly. Some threads that should disappear, are left open for sport sometimes, yet others vanish faster than a hooker closing her legs when she hears the words 'I'm skint'.

What to do?

We have a responsibility to report threads or posts. Is it being done enough? Should there be more moderators? Probably. (Btw, im not criticising mods before I end up on holiday, it's an observation) "

I see your point. We should do more to help the mods.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think some just need to remember that these forums are open. People's feelings can be incredibly hurt by the things that are sometimes said.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think some just need to remember that these forums are open. People's feelings can be incredibly hurt by the things that are sometimes said. "

Brilliantly articulated

Reply privately

By *londieddWoman
over a year ago

fife

I think some people get a kick out of being able to say stuff that they would never dare say to someones face.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What kind of forumite does that? Pffft...

Reply privately

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"In a suprising turn of events trolls exist in a public internet forum!

Just ignore... or murder. I like to do a mixture.

I noticed your patio was looking a tad lumpy these days. "

Ermmmm that just subsidence. Shhhhhhhhh

Reply privately

By *inful xWoman
over a year ago

In a sleepy little village

"Absolutely shamefull some of the things that have been said on certain threads the last day or so. Have a word with yourselves. I am not perfect by any means and get it wrong myself sometimes but come on people. Using threads to get digs in at individuals or groups of people. What do you get out of it? Yes it's a free forum and to an extent you can say what you like. Just because you can, should you?

Disgusting behaviour."

Here, here, although I'd say the last few months tbh which is why I don't post very often and avoid such threads.

Always remember that person on the receiving end of your "banter" may not be as strong as you or perhaps they're having a hard time in their personal life. Be kind always

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I missed it. Busy having sex.

All weekend? You lucky beatch "

Not quite. I drank as well

Reply privately

over a year ago

What kind of forumite does that? Pffft..."

I'm a rebel

Reply privately

over a year ago

Disgusting behaviour."

Only over the last day or so?

Are you new here?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think some people get a kick out of being able to say stuff that they would never dare say to someones face."

There is one individual on here I would LOVE to come face to face with for just that reason

Don't think they would be quite so offensive to my face!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I should pay more attention, seem to have missed it all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

All weekend? You lucky beatch

Not quite. I drank as well "

I'm not jealous

I'm not jealous

I'm not jealous

Reply privately

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

Some just get off on feeling superior or getting a dig in at others.

Noticed some really nasty comments last week too.

Nobody is better than anyone else on the forums or in general,i get your point pieman and well said.

Miss

Reply privately

By *ieman300 OP   Man
over a year ago

Disgusting behaviour.

Here, here, although I'd say the last few months tbh which is why I don't post very often and avoid such threads.

Always remember that person on the receiving end of your "banter" may not be as strong as you or perhaps they're having a hard time in their personal life. Be kind always "

Exactly.

Reply privately

By *ieman300 OP   Man
over a year ago

Disgusting behaviour.

Only over the last day or so?

Are you new here? "

Your right it's not new. I have had my own run ins previously on here. Some I probably asked for. Just these very recent examples have seemed way more nastier. To me anyways. Both had been closed by the time i read them.

Reply privately

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

Disgusting behaviour."

I consider myself spanked...

Reply privately

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I must of missed it! Although I've noticed a few remarks from certain people recently that make me seems to be getting worse.

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I’ve been dipping in and out of the forums for a year now and I don’t see any difference in how people interact on it.

Yes I read things that make me tut but I also read lots of things that make me laugh. There are some really witty, funny people commenting, so that is where my focus is.

You pick and choose the threads to get involved in. It would be interesting to see if people recognise themselves as being the ones to cause issues. Quite often people associate the negative behaviour with someone else and not themselves.

Everyday something on here makes me laugh, usually for the right reason it’s not all bad.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Always found the forums extremely tame compared to the rest of the Internet

Reply privately

By *ieman300 OP   Man
over a year ago

"I’ve been dipping in and out of the forums for a year now and I don’t see any difference in how people interact on it.

Yes I read things that make me tut but I also read lots of things that make me laugh. There are some really witty, funny people commenting, so that is where my focus is.

You pick and choose the threads to get involved in. It would be interesting to see if people recognise themselves as being the ones to cause issues. Quite often people associate the negative behaviour with someone else and not themselves.

Everyday something on here makes me laugh, usually for the right reason it’s not all bad. "

Very true. Generally I love the forum.

Reply privately

By *K430Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

Haven't seen what you are talking about but there will always be keyboard warriors on sites like this I'm afraid , just an idea if something really personally insulting to someone on a thread is said perhaps all others who object on that thread could group block him/her. Their audience would dwindle quick enough then which is what they crave

Reply privately

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

There's no real difference in last few weeks months or years. You take out of it what you like you leave what you don't but the 1 sure thing is none of it is worth stressing over. Ps tea bags if you read this best of luck sweet and hurry home xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Haven't seen what you are talking about but there will always be keyboard warriors on sites like this I'm afraid , just an idea if something really personally insulting to someone on a thread is said perhaps all others who object on that thread could group block him/her. Their audience would dwindle quick enough then which is what they crave"

Blocking wouldn't stop their posts appearing on threads.

Reply privately

By *ieman300 OP   Man
over a year ago

"Haven't seen what you are talking about but there will always be keyboard warriors on sites like this I'm afraid , just an idea if something really personally insulting to someone on a thread is said perhaps all others who object on that thread could group block him/her. Their audience would dwindle quick enough then which is what they crave"

Can't block their forum posts. Can only ignore. I was following one of the threads as it was a nice subject. Went pear shaped and that's when it all kicked off.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I just ignore and tbh the forums are becoming a part of fab I've been starting to avoid

Reply privately

By *ieman300 OP   Man
over a year ago

"There's no real difference in last few weeks months or years. You take out of it what you like you leave what you don't but the 1 sure thing is none of it is worth stressing over. Ps tea bags if you read this best of luck sweet and hurry home xx"

Your spot on bladey. And I should know better. Just rankled with me this has.

Reply privately

By *ieman300 OP   Man
over a year ago

"I just ignore and tbh the forums are becoming a part of fab I've been starting to avoid"

Let's make them fun and welcoming. Kick the bad stuff to the ground

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I just ignore and tbh the forums are becoming a part of fab I've been starting to avoid

Let's make them fun and welcoming. Kick the bad stuff to the ground "

I'm with you on that

Reply privately

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"There's no real difference in last few weeks months or years. You take out of it what you like you leave what you don't but the 1 sure thing is none of it is worth stressing over. Ps tea bags if you read this best of luck sweet and hurry home xx

Your spot on bladey. And I should know better. Just rankled with me this has."

It's called being human. A rare commodity at times

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Always found the forums extremely tame compared to the rest of the Internet "

Me too. But i used to post on Mumsnet etc and they were super harsh even on the most devastatingly sad threads. Real eye opener.

Back on topic, i think there are insensitive folk/trolls all over the internet, and this place is no different. I think some need to keep that in mind when bearing their souls and needing support.

Because for every lovely person on here/out there, there is a cockwomble just around the corner. Sadly.

Reply privately

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Lots of forumites have left over recent months.

Perhaps it's not a coincidence?

We all see threads hijacked and turned into small groups who take them over to push their own agenda. Or private battles carried on in the forums.

But then that's not likely to change.

Those who wish to have a private argument perhaps should use the pm facility and take their isdues off the public forums but I can't ever see it happening.

And yes like many here I do get bored of the public displays of private animosity...

And I certain it contributes to the relatively low number of forum users.

The answer may be above my pay grade but it's in all our hands to make the forums more fun and maybe less a semi public battleground

Reply privately

By *oby le roneMan
over a year ago

Treorchy

"I think some just need to remember that these forums are open. People's feelings can be incredibly hurt by the things that are sometimes said. "

People think that because something is said on a forum and not directly face to face it doesn't matter or hurt. It does.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Show off

Reply privately

By *ieman300 OP   Man
over a year ago

"Always found the forums extremely tame compared to the rest of the Internet

Me too. But i used to post on Mumsnet etc and they were super harsh even on the most devastatingly sad threads. Real eye opener.

Back on topic, i think there are insensitive folk/trolls all over the internet, and this place is no different. I think some need to keep that in mind when bearing their souls and needing support.

Because for every lovely person on here/out there, there is a cockwomble just around the corner. Sadly."

Reply privately

By *urlesque!Woman
over a year ago

Gloucester

Maybe just trying to treat people in the way you want to be treated yourself? It usually works for me.

Although I will say that sometimes the written word does not quite convey the intended message and occasionally messages can sound harsher than intended on here, even with a smiley..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Lots of forumites have left over recent months.

We all see threads hijacked and turned into small groups who take them over to push their own agenda. Or private battles carried on in the forums.

Those who wish to have a private argument perhaps should use the pm facility and take their isdues off the public forums but I can't ever see it happening.

And yes like many here I do get bored of the public displays of private animosity...

The answer may be above my pay grade but it's in all our hands to make the forums more fun and maybe less a semi public battleground

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There's no real difference in last few weeks months or years. You take out of it what you like you leave what you don't but the 1 sure thing is none of it is worth stressing over. Ps tea bags if you read this best of luck sweet and hurry home xx"

Reply privately

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Always found the forums extremely tame compared to the rest of the Internet

Because for every lovely person on here/out there, there is a cockwomble just around the corner. Sadly."

Tru dat

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Maybe just trying to treat people in the way you want to be treated yourself? It usually works for me.

Although I will say that sometimes the written word does not quite convey the intended message and occasionally messages can sound harsher than intended on here, even with a smiley.."

Agree.

Reply privately

By *ieman300 OP   Man
over a year ago

"

Wise words.

I am going to do my best to ensure I don't make any further mistakes of taking things personally and getting into battles. Anyone should feel free to slap me and point me back to this thread if I do.

Reply privately

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Maybe just trying to treat people in the way you want to be treated yourself? It usually works for me.

Although I will say that sometimes the written word does not quite convey the intended message and occasionally messages can sound harsher than intended on here, even with a smiley.."

No way you mean to tell me a smiley doesn't make all ok

Reply privately

By *inglehotchickWoman
over a year ago

blackpool

What did I miss not been on here a couple of days!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wise words.

I am going to do my best to ensure I don't make any further mistakes of taking things personally and getting into battles. Anyone should feel free to slap me and point me back to this thread if I do.

"

Some folks should read this post

Thrice

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think a lot of us have been upset by words on here in our time.

Experience teaches us to shake it off.

The troll culture is far outweighed by the good stuff. That is why we stay or come back.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Show off "

I don't pay a fiver to hang around the forums you know

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wise words.

"

I'll slap ya

Reply privately

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"What did I miss not been on here a couple of days!"

Some ppl left some ppl joined. Some shit hit the fan and some fannys eat shit but sadly will not die....

Reply privately

By *inglehotchickWoman
over a year ago

blackpool

"What did I miss not been on here a couple of days!

Some ppl left some ppl joined. Some shit hit the fan and some fannys eat shit but sadly will not die...."

Ahhhh the same old stuff then

Reply privately

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Some ppl left some ppl joined. Some shit hit the fan and some fannys eat shit but sadly will not die....

Ahhhh the same old stuff then "

Except I missed you

Reply privately

By *inglehotchickWoman
over a year ago

blackpool

Except I missed you "

Ahhhh see it’s not all nasty stuff on the forum. Missed you too Bladey

Reply privately

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Except I missed you

Ahhhh see it’s not all nasty stuff on the forum. Missed you too Bladey "

See you never can tell I was expecting the puke emoji

Reply privately

By *ieman300 OP   Man
over a year ago

Ahhhh the same old stuff then "

Yup. I have probably over reacted. Just very pissed off at the min.

Reply privately

By *ieman300 OP   Man
over a year ago

Wise words.

I'll slap ya "

Promises promises

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Report anything that you think needs looking at and it will be checked out

Please remember though the site is not manned 24 hours a day, even if there were more mods so if something isn't dealt with as quick as you would like the mods are probably cooking the fish finger buttys for tea

Reply privately