Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Christmas positivity

Jump to newest

By *orwegian Blue OP   Man
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

BAHH HUMBUG.....

That seems to be the common concensus on the threads..

Let's try and spread some positivity with all the good things that Christmas means to you.

For me, it's having time and a reason to spend time with my relatives who I don't get to see for most of the year..

It's a family tradition that has gone on since I was a kid, whether dropping of a gift or a card, we all take it in turns to visit each other..

What does Christmas mean for you?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It’s the one day of the year that we’re the same as everyone else. I lick the door Christmas Eve and sit down with the kids watching a nice festive film. We have a nice family day no pressure on my sons to be something they can’t be, so if we have toys to open that’s ok because everyone else does. X

over a year ago

I love spending time with family. I love the routine and tradition and familiarity of it all.

I love how the streets are so quiet but the people you meet always say hello and Merry Christmas. X

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

If we had some Christmas negativity in here as well would that make it an AC/DC thread?

over a year ago

"BAHH HUMBUG.....

That seems to be the common concensus on the threads..

Let's try and spread some positivity with all the good things that Christmas means to you.

For me, it's having time and a reason to spend time with my relatives who I don't get to see for most of the year..

It's a family tradition that has gone on since I was a kid, whether dropping of a gift or a card, we all take it in turns to visit each other..

What does Christmas mean for you? "

empty bank account ,tight trousers and hangovers damnit

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Spending time at home with family. I don't get all the humbug nonsense, we arent sheep, make it the time you want it to be.

Christmasnis about opening hearts, not opening presents. Spend time with your loved ones, and be grateful for what you have around you right now xx

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

"It’s the one day of the year that we’re the same as everyone else. I lick the door Christmas Eve and sit down with the kids watching a nice festive film. We have a nice family day no pressure on my sons to be something they can’t be, so if we have toys to open that’s ok because everyone else does. X "

Why do you lick the door?

over a year ago

"Spending time at home with family. I don't get all the humbug nonsense, we arent sheep, make it the time you want it to be.

Christmasnis about opening hearts, not opening presents. Spend time with your loved ones, and be grateful for what you have around you right now xx"

over a year ago

The thing with Christmas is you need to forget about meeting the single mums because the kids are off school and they are looking after them. You need to focus on the teachers as they are on their holidays. Know your audience guys

over a year ago

"It’s the one day of the year that we’re the same as everyone else. I lick the door Christmas Eve and sit down with the kids watching a nice festive film. We have a nice family day no pressure on my sons to be something they can’t be, so if we have toys to open that’s ok because everyone else does. X

Why do you lick the door?"

Don't question others Christmas traditions..

Maybe they like to start spring cleaning a little early..

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I always work Christmas. Many of the client group I work with, it is their first Christmas in the community for several years. They need a lot of support as it can be a rough time for them.

If I can help make it a little more bearable then I've done my job properly.

over a year ago

"The thing with Christmas is you need to forget about meeting the single mums because the kids are off school and they are looking after them. You need to focus on the teachers as they are on their holidays. Know your audience guys "

Thanks for that great Christmas tip... keep'em Cumming..

over a year ago

"The thing with Christmas is you need to forget about meeting the single mums because the kids are off school and they are looking after them. You need to focus on the teachers as they are on their holidays. Know your audience guys "

over a year ago

I love the events for kids. Christmas parties and fayres. They still believe the man in the tatty red suit is a magical being and their happy little faces make it all worthwhile organising such things.

Plus people seem generally more cheerful and generous. Maybe it's just the people I work with. Although they're actually a bloody amazing bunch all year round.

over a year ago

Means spending time with family and friends xx lots of food and drink

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/12/17 15:02:55]

over a year ago

I like the symbolism of light at a dark time.

over a year ago

"It’s the one day of the year that we’re the same as everyone else. I lick the door Christmas Eve and sit down with the kids watching a nice festive film. We have a nice family day no pressure on my sons to be something they can’t be, so if we have toys to open that’s ok because everyone else does. X

Why do you lick the door?"

Ha ha, autocarrot it’s meant to say lock x

over a year ago

over a year ago

Ha ha, autocarrot it’s meant to say lock x "

Awww I really wanted it to be lick. x

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Brings back a lot of happy childhood memories. I am pleased my close family live nearby and we share many happy christmas days together.

over a year ago

Awww I really wanted it to be lick. x"

Why... surely there are other things more deserving of a Christmas lick than a front door?

over a year ago

Why... surely there are other things more deserving of a Christmas lick than a front door? "

The cream off a hot chocolate?

over a year ago

This year ?

It is the start of the rest of my life

So, for once, I am looking forward to it

over a year ago

Why... surely there are other things more deserving of a Christmas lick than a front door?

The cream off a hot chocolate? "

That's exactly what I was thinking...

Hot chocolate with frothed milk, cocoa and cinnamon frosting and caramel sauce..

over a year ago

The food it's all about all the food I'm going to eat

With family and friends of course ....

I nearly bought a cheeseboard ( for one ) today - a medicinal treat for my back pain obvs!

But I'm going to save it for NYE where I won't be going out - I'm going to be at home loving life in my pjs with wine and cheese and in bed before midnight with a hot man ( hopefully )

Post new Message to Thread