Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Going back to work

Jump to newest

By *rincess peach OP   Woman
over a year ago

shits creek

Come January 8th I'll be back to work after a fair few months off following a breakdown.

I'm dreading it and looking forward to it all at the same time.

I'm mainly looking forward to having a little money left after bills. This means I'll go on more socials and heaven forbid.... actual dates! Ok, they won't be anywhere posh or extravagant, but I'll be able to pay my way therefore I'll go.

So.... anyone got any diary dates they want me to keep free?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That’s brilliant news princess

If you fancied attending a certain social around the 10th feb you be very welcome to have a lift with us

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"Come January 8th I'll be back to work after a fair few months off following a breakdown.

I'm mainly looking forward to having a little money left after bills. This means I'll go on more socials and heaven forbid.... actual dates! Ok, they won't be anywhere posh or extravagant, but I'll be able to pay my way therefore I'll go.

So.... anyone got any diary dates they want me to keep free? "

Posted 2 minutes ago.

Your inbox should be full by now

over a year ago

Hey I hope youre past the worst of it and pleased for you going back, its natural to feel nervous but im sure everyone will be really supportive and nice and you'll be really glad to be back into it after the first hour or so good luck!

over a year ago

shits creek

"That’s brilliant news princess

If you fancied attending a certain social around the 10th feb you be very welcome to have a lift with us "

Ohhhh, well.... I shall put a holiday request in!

over a year ago

shits creek

"Come January 8th I'll be back to work after a fair few months off following a breakdown.

Posted 2 minutes ago.

Your inbox should be full by now "

I'm old news now, the days of full boxes are dwindling

over a year ago

shits creek

"Hey I hope youre past the worst of it and pleased for you going back, its natural to feel nervous but im sure everyone will be really supportive and nice and you'll be really glad to be back into it after the first hour or so good luck!"

The lack of support, bullshit, manipulation and politics is one of the reasons I ended up where I did.... it remains to be seen. I'm gonna go back with a "you can't keep me down" attitude, however I do believe I won't last long

By *ineMan
over a year ago

Posted 2 minutes ago.

I'm old news now, the days of full boxes are dwindling "

I sense it's not only work that's looking up

Dreams are for dreaming life is for grabbing and your bravery and honesty in the forums has changed lives and helped others here.

You are never old news.

Grab the world by the balls and chase your own dreams peach

over a year ago

Good luck with the return!

I’m sure it’ll feel daunting at first but you’ll soon be settled back in.

Hope it all goes well xx

over a year ago

shits creek

Posted 2 minutes ago.

Dreams are for dreaming life is for grabbing and your bravery and honesty in the forums has changed lives and helped others here.

You are never old news.

"

I'm always looking up, I'm a short arse

Thank you, you're gonna make me cry n shit

I'm quite good at ball grabbing...

By *lmostthereMan
over a year ago

Southampton

Ahh but this is great news.

over a year ago

Good luck with the returning to work, great that you’re well enough to get back out there.

Sure your social diary is stuffed by now, but you’re welcome to join me for a birthday drink w/c 12th jan!

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan
over a year ago

About time!

I've been putting off asking you for a meet until you can pay for your own happy meal

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Aaah great news Peach xx hope it all goes well for you xx

By *lmostthereMan
over a year ago

Southampton

Also I now want a grilled peach with pistachio ice cream, and maybe some kind of wanky tuile. You know, for texture contrast and that.

Can we all have that?

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I hope it goes well Peach. It can be daunting returning after some time off x

over a year ago

shits creek

"Good luck with the return!

I’m sure it’ll feel daunting at first but you’ll soon be settled back in.

Hope it all goes well xx"

Cheers darl xx

over a year ago

shits creek

"Ahh but this is great news. "

No denying I'm shitting bricks tho! I can do it!

over a year ago

shits creek

"Good luck with the returning to work, great that you’re well enough to get back out there.

Sure your social diary is stuffed by now, but you’re welcome to join me for a birthday drink w/c 12th jan!"

I have to give a months notice to book time off, wank ain't it.

over a year ago

"Hey I hope youre past the worst of it and pleased for you going back, its natural to feel nervous but im sure everyone will be really supportive and nice and you'll be really glad to be back into it after the first hour or so good luck!

The lack of support, bullshit, manipulation and politics is one of the reasons I ended up where I did.... it remains to be seen. I'm gonna go back with a "you can't keep me down" attitude, however I do believe I won't last long "

Expect the worst and the only only way is up. Can't you do part time or a couple of days to ease back into it? Hope it goes ok.

over a year ago

shits creek

"About time!

I've been putting off asking you for a meet until you can pay for your own happy meal

"

Cheeseburger. . Banging

over a year ago

shits creek

"Aaah great news Peach xx hope it all goes well for you xx"

Thank you, it's gonna be a stwuggle but I'm determined to not be a doormat this time round

over a year ago

shits creek

"Also I now want a grilled peach with pistachio ice cream, and maybe some kind of wanky tuile. You know, for texture contrast and that.

Can we all have that? "

Afraid that's not on the menu. I'm glad it isn't or I'd spend all my wages on it.

If I take a grilling can you provide the rest? I love pistachios by the way, so this needs to happen!

over a year ago

Good luck beaut. Fingers crossed everything goes well x

over a year ago

shits creek

"I hope it goes well Peach. It can be daunting returning after some time off x "

Thank you, I'd prefer starting a completely new job than going back there, but I wanna prove to myself I can leave work at the door when I go home. Something I couldn't do, but more so, wasn't allowed to do before.

over a year ago

Good luck and well done on the new job! We could find a bit of time for you!

over a year ago

shits creek

"Hey I hope youre past the worst of it and pleased for you going back, its natural to feel nervous but im sure everyone will be really supportive and nice and you'll be really glad to be back into it after the first hour or so good luck!

The lack of support, bullshit, manipulation and politics is one of the reasons I ended up where I did.... it remains to be seen. I'm gonna go back with a "you can't keep me down" attitude, however I do believe I won't last long

Expect the worst and the only only way is up. Can't you do part time or a couple of days to ease back into it? Hope it goes ok. "

I need to do 30 to pay my bills. Back on the horse

I have told them I want the quieter shifts so I can get back into the groove without getting overwhelmed.

over a year ago

Best of luck Peachy.

over a year ago

shits creek

"Good luck beaut. Fingers crossed everything goes well x"

If not, well that burning you'll be able to smell and see from your window.... that's my work going up in flames.

I really shouldn't say things like that

over a year ago

shits creek

"Good luck and well done on the new job! We could find a bit of time for you!"

Well it's an old job, I'm just going back after they contributed to breaking my brain. Sucker for punishment me.

over a year ago

Expect the worst and the only only way is up. Can't you do part time or a couple of days to ease back into it? Hope it goes ok.

I have told them I want the quieter shifts so I can get back into the groove without getting overwhelmed. "

Good, hope they sort it. Maybe tell your brain you were on a long holiday or maternity leave. Something positive. Still shit to be going back to work after a 'break' but not as daunting if you can think of it that way. x

over a year ago

shits creek

"Best of luck Peachy. "

Thank you!

I'll be able to take on full auntie duties

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"I hope it goes well Peach. It can be daunting returning after some time off x

Thank you, I'd prefer starting a completely new job than going back there, but I wanna prove to myself I can leave work at the door when I go home. Something I couldn't do, but more so, wasn't allowed to do before."

You sound like you have a clear plan before you go back into it. Remember how you feel now to help keep yourself on track.

over a year ago

Wonderful news. All the best Peach

over a year ago

shits creek

I have told them I want the quieter shifts so I can get back into the groove without getting overwhelmed.

Good, hope they sort it. Maybe tell your brain you were on a long holiday or maternity leave. Something positive. Still shit to be going back to work after a 'break' but not as daunting if you can think of it that way. x"

Exactly. Thing is, I'm not ashamed or anything, and I'd rather it happened to me than one of the younger staff. I was taking all the pressure and bullshit so they didn't have to.

I wanna show them all, that you can always bounce back, and don't be afraid to speak up.

over a year ago

Good luck I hope it goes well

Having been diagnosed as suffering depression I understand your fears

And trepidation, I wish you well

Xx

By the way your gorgeous you should get lots of dates x

over a year ago

Good, hope they sort it. Maybe tell your brain you were on a long holiday or maternity leave. Something positive. Still shit to be going back to work after a 'break' but not as daunting if you can think of it that way. x

Exactly. Thing is, I'm not ashamed or anything, and I'd rather it happened to me than one of the younger staff. I was taking all the pressure and bullshit so they didn't have to.

I wanna show them all, that you can always bounce back, and don't be afraid to speak up."

Excellent. Kick some arse! You're inspiring me.

over a year ago

shits creek

"I hope it goes well Peach. It can be daunting returning after some time off x

Thank you, I'd prefer starting a completely new job than going back there, but I wanna prove to myself I can leave work at the door when I go home. Something I couldn't do, but more so, wasn't allowed to do before.

You sound like you have a clear plan before you go back into it. Remember how you feel now to help keep yourself on track. "

For sure. I'm not afraid to say no now.

over a year ago

shits creek

"Wonderful news. All the best Peach "

Thanking you ta very muchly

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

Aww sorry you been through a shit time

No dates ,but just wanted to say well done gor hanging in there.

I have been through similar and was off work following bereavement.

You go girl and if you ever need an ear,give us a shout.

Miss xx

By *ineMan
over a year ago

Posted 2 minutes ago.

You are never old news.

I'm quite good at ball grabbing... "

It's going to get messy

over a year ago

shits creek

"Good luck I hope it goes well

Xx

By the way your gorgeous you should get lots of dates x"

Thank you. One thing I've learned is I'm allowed not to be okay. Recognise it, address it, and don't be scared. I'm not gonna pretend I'm dandy so I don't upset the apple cart if I'm not. They've done me no favours while I've been off, and it shall be returned in abundance when I go back.

over a year ago

shits creek

I wanna show them all, that you can always bounce back, and don't be afraid to speak up.

Excellent. Kick some arse! You're inspiring me. "

Thank you. I'm all for working hard, but not to the detriment of your health.

over a year ago

shits creek

"Aww sorry you been through a shit time

No dates ,but just wanted to say well done gor hanging in there.

I have been through similar and was off work following bereavement.

You go girl and if you ever need an ear,give us a shout.

Miss xx"

This is very much appreciated, thank you.

I hope things are settled for you xx

over a year ago

shits creek

Posted 2 minutes ago.

You are never old news.

I'm quite good at ball grabbing...

It's going to get messy "

Messy and I go hand in hand!

over a year ago

"Best of luck Peachy.

Thank you!

I'll be able to take on full auntie duties "

Fuck yeah! We've already told her all about her bonkers auntie peachizzle.

over a year ago

"Good luck with the returning to work, great that you’re well enough to get back out there.

Sure your social diary is stuffed by now, but you’re welcome to join me for a birthday drink w/c 12th jan!

I have to give a months notice to book time off, wank ain't it."

Give it now, and then you’re clear for that week!!!

over a year ago

This is excellent... well done

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Good news Princess P, try not to stew about going back and enjoy your Christmas xx

over a year ago

"Good luck I hope it goes well

Xx

By the way your gorgeous you should get lots of dates x

Thank you. One thing I've learned is I'm allowed not to be okay. Recognise it, address it, and don't be scared. I'm not gonna pretend I'm dandy so I don't upset the apple cart if I'm not. They've done me no favours while I've been off, and it shall be returned in abundance when I go back. "

Lol good for you gal x

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

Good luck for when you go back. Something you said is very important. Leave work at work. I used to not do that and it left me physically ill. I can't tell you what changed me because I don't know. I've not looked back since. All the best x

over a year ago

Good luck lovely ... been in your position so understand totally xx

By *icearmsMan
over a year ago

KIDLINGTON

Good luck princess... little steps will lead to success. Having been in a position similar a number of years ago I know how tough going back to work can be.

As you'll know you'll have your own coping mechanisms and be able to spot the trigger points... just make sure you listen to your body and shout if/when this vs feel like they are getting too much.

over a year ago

shits creek

"Best of luck Peachy.

Thank you!

I'll be able to take on full auntie duties

Fuck yeah! We've already told her all about her bonkers auntie peachizzle."

Sweeeeeeeet

over a year ago

shits creek

I have to give a months notice to book time off, wank ain't it.

Give it now, and then you’re clear for that week!!!"

I can't give it coz I'm not there

over a year ago

shits creek

"This is excellent... well done "

Thank you lots and lots xx

over a year ago

shits creek

"Good news Princess P, try not to stew about going back and enjoy your Christmas xx"

That's the plan. I'm getting away for a few days too to go visit my sister from another mister, it's gonna be awesome

over a year ago

shits creek

"Good luck for when you go back. Something you said is very important. Leave work at work. I used to not do that and it left me physically ill. I can't tell you what changed me because I don't know. I've not looked back since. All the best x"

Mwah, thank you and I intend to.

over a year ago

shits creek

Good luck lovely ... been in your position so understand totally xx"

It's a toughie... but I'm no pushover

over a year ago

shits creek

"Good luck princess... little steps will lead to success. Having been in a position similar a number of years ago I know how tough going back to work can be.

As you'll know you'll have your own coping mechanisms and be able to spot the trigger points... just make sure you listen to your body and shout if/when this vs feel like they are getting too much."

Thanking you.

Yeah, I'm at the stage where I can feel an anxiety attack brewing almost. If I can stop it starting I'll be a happy bunny.

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

So pleased for you. We'd work around you

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I hope work goes really well for you.

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Good news that, hope it goes well, something to look forward to early in the new year!

It may be slightly odd how much stuff may not have changed at work, so hopefully it isn't as daunting as expected! Though there may be some new eye candy

Good luck.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Good news Princess P, try not to stew about going back and enjoy your Christmas xx

That's the plan. I'm getting away for a few days too to go visit my sister from another mister, it's gonna be awesome "

That sounds like a blast already. I've got one of them sisters, she's brill x

over a year ago

Aye get back there lol making you lazy

Post new Message to Thread