Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

An end to my typo's!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

An unusually self centred post. Some of you may have noticed my typos have been getting progressively worse lately. Well this morning at the grand old age of 45 I'm having cateract surgery which means hopefully I'll be able to see my keyboard and screen again!

On a serious note, does antone have first hand experience of early onset cateracts, I'm struggling with recovery advice that isn't aimed at pensioners!!

On a less serious note, I would ask for pictures of boobs to distract me from the impending needle in my eye, but I probably won't be able to see them

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

How will you be able to tell if they are boob pictures and not something else?

It may have been the boob pictures that caused your cataracts!

My wife struggled with the fact that all the COPD help, advice and groups were geared towards people in their twilight years when she was only 40.

There's always exceptions to the rules but I guess they can't cater for everyone.

Hope you make a good recovery... I'm sure you will

over a year ago

Good luck in your recovery I’m sure you’ll make a full one but may be back to have it done again once you can start to see all the boobs and bums properly

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

On a side note, I head a report recently suggesting that cataracts were becoming more common in younger men due to the consumption of protien drinks.

Cal

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Obviously my phone isn't sure if I heard or read the report...

over a year ago

"On a side note, I head a report recently suggesting that cataracts were becoming more common in younger men due to the consumption of protien drinks.

Cal"

Yes I've heard that. And also steroid use. I think a lot of gym rats are in for a shock!! Annoyingly neither are an explanation for mine

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"On a side note, I head a report recently suggesting that cataracts were becoming more common in younger men due to the consumption of protien drinks.

Cal

Yes I've heard that. And also steroid use. I think a lot of gym rats are in for a shock!! Annoyingly neither are an explanation for mine "

I suppose that just a high protein diet could do it too. 45 seems really young for cataracts.

Cal

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Cal

Yes I've heard that. And also steroid use. I think a lot of gym rats are in for a shock!! Annoyingly neither are an explanation for mine

I suppose that just a high protein diet could do it too. 45 seems really young for cataracts.

Cal"

Unfortunately young people do also suffer with illnesses usually associated with old age, it's just less common..

However Op, the surgery is meant to be too bad, my nan had it done at the ripe old age of 91 and was ok within a few days..

Good luck and I look forward to reading comprehensible posts from you in the future.. once you have got rid of all the spelling mistakes your spell check has learnt..

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Cal

Cal

Unfortunately young people do also suffer with illnesses usually associated with old age, it's just less common..

However Op, the surgery is meant to be too bad, my nan had it done at the ripe old age of 91 and was ok within a few days..

Good luck and I look forward to reading comprehensible posts from you in the future.. once you have got rid of all the spelling mistakes your spell check has learnt.. "

Not meant to be.... oops..

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I hope it has/all goes well for you this morning and you receive many boobs to perv on with a fresh view of the world!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Hope all goes well for you.

At 57 my last eye test showed the beginning of cataracts

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

Well if you can’t see them I’ll send you all sorts of pics OP

I wish you all the best with it all x

over a year ago

Everyone should to send him blurred pics after the operation.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"Everyone should to send him blurred pics after the operation. "

That’s bad, really bad

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Aah good luck with the surgery, wish could get mine done, but it's not operable

over a year ago

Good luck.

My mums having one eye done on the 20/12 and the next eye on the 22/12.

over a year ago

Good luck OP!! x

My profile pic is my boobs.

over a year ago

"Good luck OP!! x

My profile pic is my boobs. "

I killed the fucking thread. Boobs are getting binned.

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Good luck OP!! x

I killed the fucking thread. Boobs are getting binned. "

over a year ago

"Good luck OP!! x

I killed the fucking thread. Boobs are getting binned. "

over a year ago

I can see! Out of both eyes. Think every clinician I saw yesterday (and there were a lot!) commented how young I am to have this surgery. Did get a little tiresome along with the comments about just how dense it was (one of the machines couldn't see through it which caused some amusement!).

Process t self was quite trippy, having me eyelids clamped open was far more unpleasant, combination of limited vision, water, bright lights and shadow was quite psychedelic!

Took my eyeshield and patch off this morning, and couldn't open my eye. Complete panic that somehow it had got glued shut. And then I looked in a mirror and remembered that they;d taped it closed!

over a year ago

"I can see! Out of both eyes. Think every clinician I saw yesterday (and there were a lot!) commented how young I am to have this surgery. Did get a little tiresome along with the comments about just how dense it was (one of the machines couldn't see through it which caused some amusement!).

Process t self was quite trippy, having me eyelids clamped open was far more unpleasant, combination of limited vision, water, bright lights and shadow was quite psychedelic!

Took my eyeshield and patch off this morning, and couldn't open my eye. Complete panic that somehow it had got glued shut. And then I looked in a mirror and remembered that they;d taped it closed! "

Yay congrats! Useful info, thank you. I have a friend that keeps putting it off. I'll tell him not to worry. I bet it's brilliant being able to see again.

When you take the tape off...

over a year ago

"I can see! Out of both eyes. Think every clinician I saw yesterday (and there were a lot!) commented how young I am to have this surgery. Did get a little tiresome along with the comments about just how dense it was (one of the machines couldn't see through it which caused some amusement!).

Took my eyeshield and patch off this morning, and couldn't open my eye. Complete panic that somehow it had got glued shut. And then I looked in a mirror and remembered that they;d taped it closed! "

Great news (apart from the tape thing ) x

over a year ago

Good to see you safe and through the surgery.

Post new Message to Thread