Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON TV?

Jump to newest

By *issminxandmrc OP   Couple
over a year ago

Rotherham

I've had the fantastic opportunity of being on T'tele 4 times now!! :o)

April 1996: Went on "THE TIME...THE PLACE

(a program discussion on"Hit&run drivers"

live discussion that was then on at 10am with John Stapleton Monday to Friday.

Then having seen me on THIS DEBATE SHOW ,Anglia TV researchers then called me at home in the Sept of 1996 & asked me if I'd go on their chat debate on hit&run victims on the"THE VANESSA SHOW"with Vanessa Feltz

"THIS MORNING" THEN CALLED ME "omg!!" & was then on TV again with Richard & Judy

telling my horrific story!!

THEN THE 4TH TIME~ was just last yr when I was lucky enough to get through the 19months immense audition process,beating over 50,000 other contestant that apply to "THE CHASE" with Bradley Walsh.

After my initial Email in June 2015,I was called back at home in August by a researcher & asked 2x20 questions & then gave them my Biography,reasons why I like to go on the show?what would I do with the winnings?who I'd like to be up against Etc Etc.....

THIS THEN...continued with weekly,at times twice weekly calls(usually just as I'd be bloody cooking the tea LOL)~ asking me the same questions "over & over again :o(

This then lead to me being asked to the 2nd stage live panel interviews at the Jurys Hotel in Sheffield in the October 2015(5 months after that initial Email to apply for the show)

Approx 100 attended on the day,

all split into rooms of 10~20,I was in one of the LAST GROUPS to arrive at 3.45pm.

We played team games,had to introduce & give a short speech Etc,then sit 3 written test papers again.

WE WERE THEN SPLIT INTO TEAMS & FILMED

in a mock show (all nerve raking)

I remember LOL being asked to go to the front for this particular game where I had to look at printed cards & describe what it said :o)

OMG!! "THE 1ST CARD READ....

"describe fruit/Foods that are RED!!

EG:Strawberries,Radishes,tomatoes...for then everyone else to "shout out" THINGS YOU EAT THAT ARE ...RED!! tick "correct"

Well stupid me panicking ...

replied:

"WELL IT'S DEFINITELY NOT A BANANA

The producer and Directors all burst out laughing,as the production assistant handed me back the card OMG!! WHAT A LAUGH!!

*then when asked "who'd you like to up against then Jules?"

Well that was a NO BRAINER' FOR ME "the DARK DESTOYER' 100% !!" ;O);O)

.... as i heard myself saying "HE COULD PUT HIS SLIPPERS UNDER MY BED ANYDAY!!"

Well the whole room just erupted in laughter !!

We then did more team games whilst we we filmed and watched by a panel of 4

At the end of the day,we were ALL thanked for giving up our time & JUST 3 NAMES WERE READ OUT!!!

"will James,David & Jules stay behind please CONGRATULATIONS !! SORRY to the rest ,but sadly this is the end of process,but please don't let this put u off applying next year again !!

OMG!! I'D ONLY GONE ^&^ BLOODY DONE IT!!

I can remember walking back to the reception area where Carl was waiting for me~ "beaming from ear-to-ear"

"I'VE BEEN PICKED OMG!!...

fast 4wrd another 3months to last January ,when I received another call asking me what dates I wasn't available?

I then got the final call to say I'd be filmed on 22nd April 2016 to be aired in January 2017 on their 10 series.

I travelled down to London on the train

got a 2nd train to Elstree & Boreham wood & a taxis to the hotel(right in front of the studios(the day b4)

That night after settling into my room ,I went next door for a carvery with my copy of the Chase quiz-book LOLhopoing to meet my fellow contestants that maybe on my team? (AS 3 SHOWS ARE FILMED THAT SAME DAY)

I met a very clever chap :o) But alas~ he'd to be in reception at 7am & I'd to there at 9am!!! so obviously not in my team "arhh well"

9am arrived & my 3 other fellow teammates appeared by the front door & were then driven to the studios behind the hotel.Taken to the lovely relaxing 'Greenroom' with low comfy black leather sofa's,we were talked thru the lengthy rules & regs. We had to take with us 4 outfits from which we had to chose 2,they then decided WHICH WE SHOULD WEAR

this OUTFIT WAS THEN TAKEN AWAY & PROFESSIONALLY "RE~IRONED AGAIN!

I'd done my own hair & make-up,so the artist simply powdered my shine & we got into our outfits,had a M&S BUFFET,DRINKS & REFRESHMENTS & led quietly to the massive studio,and when I say massive

OMG!! I MEAN MASSIVE!!! nothing can prepare you for the size of the studio

it was simply sereal !!

The show is filmed in a stop/start made over 3+hrs then obviously edited down to just an hr.

Although we didn't win~ the whole experience was simply bloody fantastic & would 100% recommend ANYONE to ...

"come and have a go!!

"IF YA THINK YA CLEVER ENOUGH!"

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Maybe

Reply privately

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Oh I give up

Reply privately

By *uciyassMan
over a year ago

sheffield

"Oh I give up "

Again.

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

This thread is the best one. The other two are so last year.

Reply privately

By *uciyassMan
over a year ago

sheffield

"This thread is the best one. The other two are so last year."

Reply privately

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Only Crime Watch