Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Oxford teacher investigated for 'misgendering' to sue school

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

In a letter to the head teacher he wrote: "As a Christian, I do not share your belief in the ideology of transgenderism.

"I do not believe that young children should be encouraged to self-select a 'gender' which may be different from their biological sex.

"Or that everyone at school should adjust their behaviour to accommodate such a 'transition'; or that people should be punished for lack of enthusiasm about it."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-42312342

He's not a happy bunny

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

My thoughts on this are if your faith means you are unwilling or unable to accept people who are trans, gay, bisexual, cross dressers etc then perhaps you shouldn't be working there.

Most schools don't actively encourage children to explore their sexuality or whether or not they are trans but will actively support any child who chooses to.

An inclusive environment at school can mean fewer bigots out there as adults.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"My thoughts on this are if your faith means you are unwilling or unable to accept people who are trans, gay, bisexual, cross dressers etc then perhaps you shouldn't be working there. "
That is right, you have to be political correct working in the main stream.

Reply privately

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

But why do you have to be politically correct?

As if a schoolgirl who is pretending to be a boy is really a boy. Undress her and clearly she is a girl. No surgery has taken place to a child.

It's just a fad at the moment.

Which girl pretended to be a boy when you were at school and vice versa? No one.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

He's entitled to his opinions on the subject and without knowing all the information I wouldn't want to say if constructive dismissal is what's happened here.

To justify your opinions using your christian faith is a bit much for me. Jesus accepted everyone.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"He's entitled to his opinions on the subject and without knowing all the information I wouldn't want to say if constructive dismissal is what's happened here.

To justify your opinions using your christian faith is a bit much for me. Jesus accepted everyone. "

Pisses me off no end when people use religion to justify their hatred of other people. At least own it.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Such a lot of misrepresentation of what he said already and the thread has hardly begun.

He hasn't slated any gender , just stated his own thoughts on people being forced to accept.

It's getting like a witch hunt these days. Pass an opinion and someone wants to string you up. The hangers and floggers are the scared ones. Not the other way around.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"He's entitled to his opinions on the subject and without knowing all the information I wouldn't want to say if constructive dismissal is what's happened here.

To justify your opinions using your christian faith is a bit much for me. Jesus accepted everyone.

Pisses me off no end when people use religion to justify their hatred of other people. At least own it."

The Christian teacher is not a bigot nor a hater, those that sought to attack his Christian faith and punish him for his right to freedom of conscience are the Bigots and haters...

Sacking the guy for simply calling a person by their legal birth title beggars belief...

Reply privately

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple
over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

It’s going to be a boring old world when we’re all programmed like Stepford Wives to think the same.

I don’t care if some people are mysoginstic.

I don’t care if some people are racist.

I don’t care if some people don’t understand our sexuality.

I don’t care if people think we’re fat.

Gender for me and race for Sir , we have both spent our whole working careers being a minority. Yes we have both come across a few that have objected on racist / sexist grounds. Whatever you choose in life just be proud of what you are and think positive. To the guy in question, like our opposers, he is entitled to his opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Such a lot of misrepresentation of what he said already and the thread has hardly begun.

He hasn't slated any gender , just stated his own thoughts on people being forced to accept.

It's getting like a witch hunt these days. Pass an opinion and someone wants to string you up. The hangers and floggers are the scared ones. Not the other way around.

"

I'm reading it as people giving their general opinions, not specifically about the story.

My comment was generic. *All* hate filled religious people piss me off.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Forcing opinion isn’t changing people’s actual views, it’s silencing them.

I vote democracy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

To justify your opinions using your christian faith is a bit much for me. Jesus accepted everyone. "

Everybody that came to Jesus in humility seeking help were always given generously, but those that were proud and demanding such as that pupil and their parents went away empty handed and filled with fury as they could not endure the truth He gave them...

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Pisses me off no end when people use religion to justify their hatred of other people. At least own it.

The Christian teacher is not a bigot nor a hater, those that sought to attack his Christian faith and punish him for his right to freedom of conscience are the Bigots and haters...

Sacking the guy for simply calling a person by their legal birth title beggars belief..."

I didn't say he was a bigot. I said I don't like him using his fath to judtify his reasons for not accepting the ideology of transgengderism.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"But why do you have to be politically correct?

As if a schoolgirl who is pretending to be a boy is really a boy. Undress her and clearly she is a girl. No surgery has taken place to a child.

Which girl pretended to be a boy when you were at school and vice versa? No one."

Firstly you have to be politically correct these days because people were such arseholes in the 70s.

Secondly there's a thing called body dismophia, the personality and whole being not matching the body they were born into, try and put yourself in their shoes, go out in a dress and make up, and see how comfortable you feel, then have someone tell you you have to dress that way for the next 5 years because dressing in male clothes is "just a fad" in a lot of cases there is no one around them that understands how they feel, now imagine feeling that isolated and alone during your early teens.

It's not a case of "an apple can't be a pear". This is about people who are finding out who they are, and they don't need people with half cocked opinions using the Bible to beat their will into people

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Everybody that came to Jesus in humility seeking help were always given generously, but those that were proud and demanding such as that pupil and their parents went away empty handed and filled with fury as they could not endure the truth He gave them..."

Christ..... I'd have been furied out on a daily basis.

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"Forcing opinion isn’t changing people’s actual views, it’s silencing them.

I vote democracy. "

But this isn't about his opinion. It's about how he treated a child who is in his care. And the school decided there was an issue there.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Which girl pretended to be a boy when you were at school and vice versa? No one.

Firstly you have to be politically correct these days because people were such arseholes in the 70s.

Secondly there's a thing called body dismophia, the personality and whole being not matching the body they were born into, try and put yourself in their shoes, go out in a dress and make up, and see how comfortable you feel, then have someone tell you you have to dress that way for the next 5 years because dressing in male clothes is "just a fad" in a lot of cases there is no one around them that understands how they feel, now imagine feeling that isolated and alone during your early teens.

It's not a case of "an apple can't be a pear". This is about people who are finding out who they are, and they don't need people with half cocked opinions using the Bible to beat their will into people "

Your argument doesn't stand up in the context of the story.

All he said was , Well done girls......

The one who identifies as a boy kicked off......

That's all .....that's it in a nutshell.

He hadn't actually disrespected her gender at all.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I vote democracy.

But this isn't about his opinion. It's about how he treated a child who is in his care. And the school decided there was an issue there.

"

How did he treat her ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I vote democracy.

"

I’m replying to the OP rather than any reported news. Nothing in the OP suggests the teacher any child in any way, just his written opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's not a case of "an apple can't be a pear". This is about people who are finding out who they are, and they don't need people with half cocked opinions using the Bible to beat their will into people "

Its a forcefull intolerant minority seeking to impose via threats, vile labels and penalties their minority views on the majority...

The Christians are the persecuted majority in this country...

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's not a case of "an apple can't be a pear". This is about people who are finding out who they are, and they don't need people with half cocked opinions using the Bible to beat their will into people

He hadn't actually disrespected her gender at all. "

It depends on context. Did he constantly call the group "girls" even though one identified as a boy? Was it the final straw and not just a single occurrence?

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I vote democracy.

How did he treat her ?

"

Shit. I've had it. I've just misgendered him.....

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

It depends on context. Did he constantly call the group "girls" even though one identified as a boy? Was it the final straw and not just a single occurrence? "

We don't know - do we ?

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

I vote democracy.

How did he treat her ?

"

I imagine you can read the article as well as I can.

So I'm guessing you don't think mis-gendering people is a big deal. Many disagree, apparently including the school. The teacher would have been aware of that. If he can't work within his beliefs to adhere to school policy, then it's best he doesn't teach.

Reply privately

over a year ago

He hadn't actually disrespected her gender at all. "

It's not meant to, it's an answer to the poster to whom I was replying, hence quoting his post, that is all

Reply privately

over a year ago

It depends on context. Did he constantly call the group "girls" even though one identified as a boy? Was it the final straw and not just a single occurrence?

We don't know - do we ?"

These days it's guilty until proved innocent so yeah he should be drowned, but if he floats then burnt at a stake.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/12/17 19:14:34]

Reply privately

over a year ago

We don't know - do we ?

These days it's guilty until proved innocent so yeah he should be drowned, but if he floats then burnt at a stake. "

fuck me ! If that was still in place, you, me and many more round here would have been toast years ago!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

We don't know - do we ?

These days it's guilty until proved innocent so yeah he should be drowned, but if he floats then burnt at a stake.

fuck me ! If that was still in place, you, me and many more round here would have been toast years ago!!!"

Heyyyy don't drag me down to your level!

I like toast... x

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"[Removed by poster at 11/12/17 19:14:34]"

Too late ! Off with yours with knobs on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 11/12/17 19:14:34]

Too late ! Off with yours with knobs on. "

I was commenting on the fact you called the child a her. Then I got scared and didn't dare post it. I hope you didn't see it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I read an interesting interview in the Guardian - I can't remember who the person was but he was a gay photographer/artist...apparently he's somewhat of a big deal in his field. Anyway...he said that he was confused about his sexuality and gender for a long time and that for a while when he was a teenager he thought he might be transgender and he said he was happy he didn't grow up in today's environment because he may have made medical decisions that he would have later regretted. I thought his opinions on the matter were really interesting.

As for the news story in the OP, it really depends on the circumstances and we only really get one side of it there. But the guy apparently broke school policy by calling the kid who wished to be identified as a boy, a girl. Beyond that he offers added opinions about his faith and not agreeing with the school's policy. I have to say I am somewhat troubled by the current trend in so far as it affects children, but I also don't think that his faith should be determining how he treats children in his care when it goes against school policy.

Reply privately

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

On reading the Oxfordmail, he qualified in 2013. The Cherwell school was awarded grants of £10,000 from The Big Lottery Fund to specifically address LGBTQ discrimination and promote diversity. The school also supported Stonewall in tackling anti trans behaviour. This was the second school he worked at, so it sounds like he shouldn't have taken up the position of being a Maths teacher if they conflicted with his views as they seem to have quite clear and open policies.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I vote democracy. "

I vote for democracy too, sweden is a good example of how it have gone to far.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If your religion prevents you from doing your job as required, then you shouldn't be doing that job.

Reply privately

By *arry WindsorMan
over a year ago

Heaton Park Manchester

Pisses me off no end when people use religion to justify their hatred of other people. At least own it."

Some people get pissed off when other people hate them for their religious beliefs.

Just a thought!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I lost it as soon as I read ‘faith’ as religion should be banned from schools other than to teach kids the history of it and all the people killed by it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If your religion prevents you from doing your job as required, then you shouldn't be doing that job.

"

He was doing his job, he was teaching maths,the reason they got rid of him was simply he was a Christian and the marxist lefties whom foster the pseudo pc correctness hate the christians and seek with all their power to destroy it...

Just as their communist brethren sought to do in soviet russia...

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"If your religion prevents you from doing your job as required, then you shouldn't be doing that job.

He was doing his job, he was teaching maths,the reason they got rid of him was simply he was a Christian and the marxist lefties whom foster the pseudo pc correctness hate the christians and seek with all their power to destroy it...

Just as their communist brethren sought to do in soviet russia..."

They didn't get rid of him. He left.

His position might have been made untenable but he left.

Reply privately

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Sacking the guy for simply calling a person by their legal birth title beggars belief..."

So to be clear , you would be happy to sit in your dress , in a room with this man and others who think like him openly tell them how you like cock and anal sex and when they exercise their freedom of conscious telling you directly how according to their interpretation of their faith you are an abomination of God's laws , you would happily look them in the eye say yes agree they are totally right and not have one negative thought towards the way they treated you ?

There is a lot more to this story

Having the right of freedom to speak does not mean a person is immune from those thoughts being analysed and criticised

The story is NOT about a person who accidentally once called a confused child a noun they did not associate with

It is directly about a religious person who does NOT agree with the concept of transgender based upon the science of a bronze age book

A vegetarian chef should emphatically be a vegetarian chef , vocally fight against meat consumption within society

However that chef should not apply for a job at Steve's steak house , get it then tell all the diners meat is evil , they are wrong for eating it and he won't cook it for them !

The school and papers have of course mishandled the whole thing

But the principle is still valid it is NOT the teachers job to instil specific religious morality to any child

Reply privately

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

It's at times like these that I love the fact I couldn't give a toss what people think of me especially the PC brigade.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They didn't get rid of him. And clearly his beliefs interfered with doing his job in the way his employer asked him to do it.

Therefore he shouldn't be doing that job. There are faith schools where he could go teach instead, where his beliefs would be supported.

As a teacher it is not down to him to push his beliefs on anyone else. Teach, and do it the way you've been asked or find a position somewhere else that better suits his beliefs.

Reply privately

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

He is wrong though, christian religions do allow for people to be transgender, they also allow for homosexuality and evolution.

Now maybe his brand of christian religion does not allow it, but thats nothing to do with the christian faith in general.

Reply privately

By *eliciousladyWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

"It's just a fad at the moment.

"

Really?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sacking the guy for simply calling a person by their legal birth title beggars belief...

So to be clear , you would be happy to sit in your dress , in a room with this man and others who think like him openly tell them how you like cock and anal sex and when they exercise their freedom of conscious telling you directly how according to their interpretation of their faith you are an abomination of God's laws , you would happily look them in the eye say yes agree they are totally right and not have one negative thought towards the way they treated you ?

Having the right of freedom to speak does not mean a person is immune from those thoughts being analysed and criticised

The story is NOT about a person who accidentally once called a confused child a noun they did not associate with

It is directly about a religious person who does NOT agree with the concept of transgender based upon the science of a bronze age book

A vegetarian chef should emphatically be a vegetarian chef , vocally fight against meat consumption within society

However that chef should not apply for a job at Steve's steak house , get it then tell all the diners meat is evil , they are wrong for eating it and he won't cook it for them !

But the principle is still valid it is NOT the teachers job to instil specific religious morality to any child

"

Your painting a picture of British Christians that is not based on fact but stems from your own distorted view of them..

I respect the Christian right to hold different view points to myself, if I was to get offended then it would be me that would have the problem not them as I ought to be able to respect their views no matter how different it was to mine...

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

And why would anyone, Marxist or otherwise be wrong to attempt to destroy a bloodthirsty death cult that has claimed the lives of millions?

Reply privately

over a year ago

And why would anyone, Marxist or otherwise be wrong to attempt to destroy a bloodthirsty death cult that has claimed the lives of millions?

"

Go and read the simple teachings of Christ as given in the Sermon on the Mount and realise how wrong you are...

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

And why would anyone, Marxist or otherwise be wrong to attempt to destroy a bloodthirsty death cult that has claimed the lives of millions?"

Tories ?

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Go and read the simple teachings of Christ as given in the Sermon on the Mount and realise how wrong you are..."

Go and read a history book and see how wrong you are. You might want to pay particular attention to the crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, Pogroms in Eastern Europe, The British Empire (with particular reference to slavery).... I could go on......

Reply privately

over a year ago

Go and read the simple teachings of Christ as given in the Sermon on the Mount and realise how wrong you are...

Go and read a history book and see how wrong you are. You might want to pay particular attention to the crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, Pogroms in Eastern Europe, The British Empire (with particular reference to slavery).... I could go on......"

Something you obviously have not researched with an honest heart, as said go read Christs sermon on the mount and see what the leader of Christianity has to say...

Reply privately

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Your painting a picture of British Christians that is not based on fact but stems from your own distorted view of them..

I respect the Christian right to hold different view points to myself, if I was to get offended then it would be me that would have the problem not them as I ought to be able to respect their views no matter how different it was to mine...

"

No I'm not I made no assessment of any Christians UK or otherwise I specifically mentioned his interpretation I was most deliberate as we know his interpretation and I then said others like him , not other Christians which we all know the extreme range of variation in interpretation of doctrine

How odd you seem to be able to respect a view that thinks your sex life is an abomination yet you don't seem to be displaying any respect for my view which you ought to be able to however much it differs from yours

I also think you're being unclear about the word respect

In this context it would have two definitions

You respect their right to hold any opinion even though you disagree with their thoughts and reasoning

Or you respect their opinion , you regard their opinion as being correct one which you agree with

There are some vile things said about homosexual people trans people and black people indeed white people too

Although I may respect that a person wishes to hold these views that respect does not prevent their views impacting my assessment of their personality

A person who thinks a homosexual man should be chemically castrated should have their nasty view challenged and the person them self does not deserve any respect for holding said opinion

Reply privately

over a year ago

Go and read a history book and see how wrong you are. You might want to pay particular attention to the crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, Pogroms in Eastern Europe, The British Empire (with particular reference to slavery).... I could go on......"

Whilst I agree the Spanish Inquisition was carried out in the name of Christianity, the pogroms were anti faith and the church was generally against slavery. Read John Newtons history (he wrote Amazing Grace). So did you read those books properly?

Finally, why is a Christian responsible for the offences of other Christians? As a white person are you responsible for the slave trade?

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Go and read a history book and see how wrong you are. You might want to pay particular attention to the crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, Pogroms in Eastern Europe, The British Empire (with particular reference to slavery).... I could go on......

Something you obviously have not researched with an honest heart, as said go read Christs sermon on the mount and see what the leader of Christianity has to say..."

Go and read the Communist Manifesto and see what Marx has to say?

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Whilst I agree the Spanish Inquisition was carried out in the name of Christianity, the pogroms were anti faith and the church was generally against slavery. Read John Newtons history (he wrote Amazing Grace). So did you read those books properly?

Finally, why is a Christian responsible for the offences of other Christians? As a white person are you responsible for the slave trade? "

Pogroms were anti-Jew, as it goes. The church wasn't against slavery apart from some "loony outliers" like the Quakers (see: The Wedgewood family and their opposition to the slave trade).

I'm not responsible for the slave trade, white or otherwise because I do not buy into the political organisation that gave it ideological creedence, whereas Christians do (Quakers, shakers etc excepted).

Reply privately

over a year ago

Something you obviously have not researched with an honest heart, as said go read Christs sermon on the mount and see what the leader of Christianity has to say...

"

Its obvious you have not read his works

Reply privately

By *cedHoneyWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

What I don’t understand is how he moaned to the press saying he said it was an accident and not done on purpose.

Then he comes out and says that it’s againt his beliefs to call anyone transgender and he doesn’t recognise calling anyone a different sex. And takes the school to court.

Well either you did it as a genuine accident or you did it because you chose to because your religious beliefs were more important.

Which one is it pal?

I think he knows he wasn’t going to get off by saying it was an accident but he has a shot claiming religious discrimination which is a bit ironic seeing how this has come about because he has been discriminating against a trans pupil.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Fuck it..... Let's all convert to person and people.

So ........ when you go to the pub it's ..... Hi Persons. Ello there peoples!

Practise now...... before you lose your job

Reply privately

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"Fuck it..... Let's all convert to person and people.

So ........ when you go to the pub it's ..... Hi Persons. Ello there peoples!

Practise now...... before you lose your job "

I've never understood how a chick, bird or hen can have tits anyway cocker.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I can't help wondering exactly which part of the bible the teacher is thinking of when he decides that being transgender is against christian teachings.

I guess 9and it is only a guess mind) that some of the stuff in Leviticus and Deuteronomy has helped shape his thinking but,as far as I can tell,they were more against homosexuality and transvestism that transgender people.

It surely can't have been Genesis 1:27 (almost at the very beginning) that makes it absolutely clear that transgender people are part of the gods plan.

It might have worked out a bit better for the teacher if he had shown a bit more understanding and compassion.

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Its obvious you have not read his works"

I have, as it goes. Nowhere does it say - "Put all Christians in the Gulag", and yet, that's what Stalin attempted.

However, your Bible does endorse the following things (amongst other things): Slavery, stoning disobedient children, global genocide, God ordering the killing of men, women and infants, stoning r@ped women, sending angels to kill babies, God offering virgins to soldiers to r@pe, killing infidels.....

And before you tell me that "The Old Testament doesn't count because...Jesus":

It is repeatedly stated in the New Testament that the God of the Bible is both perfect and immutable, therefore if the New Testament is valid, everything God did or commanded in the Old Testament is still in form.

Jesus himself said in various versions of the New Testament that the "old law" was still valid. The most significant being "Do not think tat I have come to abolish the law or the prophets" (Matthew 5:17).

Reply privately

over a year ago

Which girl pretended to be a boy when you were at school and vice versa? No one."

Whilst I do feel political correctness goes too far at times, I was a ‘boy’ who desperately felt I wasn’t when I was at school in the 70’s and 80’s.

Other people’s attitudes and my expectation of the response I felt I would get prevented me from presenting the way I wanted to.

This fad is still with me at 48 years old. The difference is that I’m stronger now mentally. Strong enough to ignore the looks and the sniggers.

There are also laws that recognise me as me and people are more accepting on the whole.

I hope one day people like me will be confident they can be themselves without fear...... I somehow doubt it even now though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have, as it goes. Nowhere does it say - "Put all Christians in the Gulag", and yet, that's what Stalin attempted.

However, your Bible does endorse the following things (amongst other things): Slavery, stoning disobedient children, global genocide, God ordering the killing of men, women and infants, stoning r@ped women, sending angels to kill babies, God offering virgins to soldiers to r@pe, killing infidels.....

It is repeatedly stated in the New Testament that the God of the Bible is both perfect and immutable, therefore if the New Testament is valid, everything God did or commanded in the Old Testament is still in form.

Jesus himself said in various versions of the New Testament that the "old law" was still valid. The most significant being "Do not think tat I have come to abolish the law or the prophets" (Matthew 5:17). "

Like I said.. Go read Christs sermon on the mount ....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Whilst I do feel political correctness goes too far at times, I was a ‘boy’ who desperately felt I wasn’t when I was at school in the 70’s and 80’s.

Other people’s attitudes and my expectation of the response I felt I would get prevented me from presenting the way I wanted to.

This fad is still with me at 48 years old. The difference is that I’m stronger now mentally. Strong enough to ignore the looks and the sniggers.

There are also laws that recognise me as me and people are more accepting on the whole.

I hope one day people like me will be confident they can be themselves without fear...... I somehow doubt it even now though. "

Untill we learn, become humble and accept it is ourselves that is the problem,not the world, realising it is our selfish desires that rob us of happiness...

We will continue to wallow in self pity, unhappyness and mental conflict...

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Jesus himself said in various versions of the New Testament that the "old law" was still valid. The most significant being "Do not think tat I have come to abolish the law or the prophets" (Matthew 5:17).

Like I said.. Go read Christs sermon on the mount ...."

I've read it - what's your point?

The bible explicitly condones all kind of atrocities. Are you saying that one "fluffy" passage negates them?

Reply privately

over a year ago

any man or woman that has a honest heart and a conscience would see the treasure in the Sermon on the mount...

It sums up the Law and the prophets

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"any man or woman that has a honest heart and a conscience would see the treasure in the Sermon on the mount...

It sums up the Law and the prophets"

No, its just one of the many contradictions in the Bible.

I mean, I could equally say that anybody who has a conscience could see the merit in "Das Kapital"....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"any man or woman that has a honest heart and a conscience would see the treasure in the Sermon on the mount...

I mean, I could equally say that anybody who has a conscience could see the merit in "Das Kapital"...."

Therss no more to be said to you, my words cannot compare with Christ sermon on the mount

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

I mean, I could equally say that anybody who has a conscience could see the merit in "Das Kapital"....

Therss no more to be said to you, my words cannot compare with Christ sermon on the mount"

Nice cop out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It sums up the Law and the prophets"

maybe i'm remembering it wrong, but i had a very Catholic background and i seem to remember a lot of the sermon being about not judging, but love, acceptance and humility...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Therss no more to be said to you, my words cannot compare with Christ sermon on the mount"

I have the sermon on the mount open in front of me right now. I wonder if our maths teacher friend remembered this passage while he was deciding that he knew his pupil better than the pupil knew himself. ''do not judge or you too will be judged. For in the same way as you judge others'you will be judged'and with the measure that you use,it will be measured to you''.

He may be feeling quite pleased that jesus words seem to have come true in his own case.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Therss no more to be said to you, my words cannot compare with Christ sermon on the mount

I have the sermon on the mount open in front of me right now. I wonder if our maths teacher friend remembered this passage while he was deciding that he knew his pupil better than the pupil knew himself. ''do not judge or you too will be judged. For in the same way as you judge others'you will be judged'and with the measure that you use,it will be measured to you''.

He may be feeling quite pleased that Jesus' words seem to have come true in his own case."

There's another bit our teacher friend may have done well to remember ''be careful not to practise your righteousness in front of others,to be seen by them''.

Reply privately

over a year ago

He may be feeling quite pleased that jesus words seem to have come true in his own case."

That sermon condemns you also concerning love, mercy and forgiveness as it does us all in the most gentlest of fashion...

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

He may be feeling quite pleased that jesus words seem to have come true in his own case."

Were that the Bible only consisted of those passages, eh?

Samuel 6:19 (King James Version): “And he smote the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men (50,070)”.

Deuteronomy 25:11-1: If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

"Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse." (1 Peter 2:18)

...and so on.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

He may be feeling quite pleased that jesus words seem to have come true in his own case.

That sermon condemns you also concerning love, mercy and forgiveness as it does us all in the most gentlest of fashion..."

I'm afraid I'm having difficulty making sense of that,do you think you could rephrase it please?

Here's a bit that I mentioned before,Genesis 1:27, I'm having no trouble at all making sense of it, ''so God created mankind in his own image,in his own image he created them.Male and female he created them''.

As god himself is reported to have created people both male and female,what right does this teacher have to say that he knows better and still to say he is following Christian teaching?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Personally, I don’t give two hoots about what is written in the variety of religious books available. I am as interested in religion as much as I am in football.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Personally, I don’t give two hoots about what is written in the variety of religious books available. I am as interested in religion as much as I am in football.

"

Unfortunately,some people won't let other people be uninterested, Some people are not content just to practice their religion in private. Some people like to make sure others are affected by it whether they like it or not.

Admittedly there are more serious ways than this case, in which some people like to impose their views on others but it's all part of the same thing.

I'm all for absolute religious freedom for everyone,but that has to include freedom to opt out of religion altogether.

Reply privately

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

He said "well done girls" to a group of pupils who were born girls.... what should he have said ?....

Answers on a postcard .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Personally, I don’t give two hoots about what is written in the variety of religious books available. I am as interested in religion as much as I am in football.

Unfortunately,some people won't let other people be uninterested, Some people are not content just to practice their religion in private. Some people like to make sure others are affected by it whether they like it or not.

Admittedly there are more serious ways than this case, in which some people like to impose their views on others but it's all part of the same thing.

I'm all for absolute religious freedom for everyone,but that has to include freedom to opt out of religion altogether."

I too am all for religious freedom. Wear a cross or cover yourself completely. Whatever you need to do.

I’m not going to bother arguing with people about religion. I don’t understand it and don’t want to but I accept people are religious and their beliefs are very important to them.

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Its another fab "what the fuck are you lot on about?" moment.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"He said "well done girls" to a group of pupils who were born girls.... what should he have said ?....

Answers on a postcard ."

'children'??

Reply privately

over a year ago

"He said "well done girls" to a group of pupils who were born girls.... what should he have said ?....

Answers on a postcard ."

Personally, I’d like him to refer to me as female and to his pupils by the gender they present as.

I’d respect that his religion is important to him. If he wants me to call him a Christian, I will.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Its another fab "what the fuck are you lot on about?" moment. "

It's complicated.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It’s his belief and choice well done him

Reply privately

over a year ago

And all religion to me is a joke it’s there to divide and segregate the most judgemental people I’ve met go to church

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Answers on a postcard ."

Well done everybody or just well done. I think it's gone way beyond what he said.

Reply privately

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"And all religion to me is a joke it’s there to divide and segregate the most judgemental people I’ve met go to church "

Hmm, I think a swingers website has taken the biscuit on judgement actually....

Reply privately

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

I'm all for absolute religious freedom for everyone,but that has to include freedom to opt out of religion altogether."

Unfortunately,some people won't let other people be uninterested, Some people are not content just to practice their sexuality in private. Some people like to make sure others are affected by it whether they like it or not.

I'm all for absolute freedom for everyone, but that has to include freedom to practice their religion.

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"

I'm all for absolute religious freedom for everyone,but that has to include freedom to opt out of religion altogether.

Unfortunately,some people won't let other people be uninterested, Some people are not content just to practice their sexuality in private. Some people like to make sure others are affected by it whether they like it or not.

I'm all for absolute freedom for everyone, but that has to include freedom to practice their religion."

I concur, as long as they practise it at home, behind closed doors and don't evangelise.

Reply privately

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

I'm all for absolute freedom for everyone, but that has to include freedom to practice their religion.

I concur, as long as they practise it at home, behind closed doors and don't evangelise. "

Lol, Christianity is evangelical - the point is does anyone have a right to IMPOSE their beliefs on anyone else?

Reply privately

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"I can't help wondering exactly which part of the bible the teacher is thinking of when he decides that being transgender is against christian teachings.

I guess 9and it is only a guess mind) that some of the stuff in Leviticus and Deuteronomy has helped shape his thinking but,as far as I can tell,they were more against homosexuality and transvestism that transgender people.

It surely can't have been Genesis 1:27 (almost at the very beginning) that makes it absolutely clear that transgender people are part of the gods plan.

It might have worked out a bit better for the teacher if he had shown a bit more understanding and compassion."

No it does not make it absolutely clear. It's a very ambiguous verse. It can be interpreted as one being is both male and female or it can be interpreted to mean beings that are either male or female.

Just like a lot of the Bible gets interpreted as people see fit.

Furthermore most christians see homosexuality and trans as abominations. As the years have gone by they have begrudgingly accepted both but in different measure purely as to not upset their income. That's my opinion. Others are available.

Reply privately

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

That sermon condemns you also concerning love, mercy and forgiveness as it does us all in the most gentlest of fashion...

I'm afraid I'm having difficulty making sense of that,do you think you could rephrase it please?

Here's a bit that I mentioned before,Genesis 1:27, I'm having no trouble at all making sense of it, ''so God created mankind in his own image,in his own image he created them.Male and female he created them''.

As god himself is reported to have created people both male and female,what right does this teacher have to say that he knows better and still to say he is following Christian teaching?"

See above.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Such a lot of misrepresentation of what he said already and the thread has hardly begun.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm reading it as people giving their general opinions, not specifically about the story.

My comment was generic. *All* hate filled religious people piss me off. "

What about non religious hate filled people?

Reply privately

By *atcherwankerMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

The righteous indignation on this thread seems to hinge on the assumption that a sensationalist rabid right-wing press have represented the facts in the case in a transparent manner, and events really have all been precipitated by this single isolated incident. Now, off the top of my head, it strikes me that a schools disciplinary procedure would be most likely along the lines of; first incident (possibly first two or three? We'll call it the first in this instance) handled by his departmental head, who'd have a quiet word and let him know he needs to be a bit more careful. Second incident- a more formal hearing, investigation into whether he's done anything wrong,explanation (If required) that his behaviour breaches school policy, verbal warning. Third incident - investigation as above, written warning on record if required. Fourth incident- investigation, and if required,stronger disciplinary measures which may include suspension or dismissal.

So, it seems to me the more likely circumstance is that this teacher has had several complaints and received a number of warnings over a length of time to get to this point. If this is indeed the case, he's not an innocent man persecuted for his beliefs, he's an employee with a history of unacceptable behaviour who refuses to work within the rules laid out in school policy. In which case I have no sympathy for the man.

If, in fact, the situation is indeed as it's been presented to us, and has indeed come around purely based on one isolated incident: This man has been warned once that his behaviour isn't appropriate, and instead of looking at his behaviours and attitudes in relation to school policy and adjusting appropriately, he's stormed out of his job and gone crying to the papers that he's being "persecuted." In which case, I have no sympathy for the man.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I can't help wondering exactly which part of the bible the teacher is thinking of when he decides that being transgender is against christian teachings.

It might have worked out a bit better for the teacher if he had shown a bit more understanding and compassion.

No it does not make it absolutely clear. It's a very ambiguous verse. It can be interpreted as one being is both male and female or it can be interpreted to mean beings that are either male or female.

Just like a lot of the Bible gets interpreted as people see fit.

Furthermore most christians see homosexuality and trans as abominations. As the years have gone by they have begrudgingly accepted both but in different measure purely as to not upset their income. That's my opinion. Others are available."

It's a good point about the bible being open to interpretation,there is no absolute definitive version so anyone who claims it is the unalterable word of god is clearly wrong about that. the version in question,though,definitely says 'and' and not 'or',it does not go on to say 'you get one and you're stuck with it'like it or not'. So.for this teacher to cite his Christian beliefs as his reason for not accepting his students identity is also wrong.

He could have just come out with it and say he is prejudiced but he seemed to try to claim some authority for his views.

What is not ambiguous though, is that the teacher did not practice love and tolerance as preached by his leader.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I'm all for absolute freedom for everyone, but that has to include freedom to practice their religion."

I've never said anyone should be prevented from practicing their religion,I've never said anyone should be prevented from evangelising. But there is a difference between evangelising and trying to impose beliefs on other people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

He called a girl a girl????

Reply privately

over a year ago

This one again. He called a girl a girl, everyone should just move on and stop being such snow flakes

Reply privately

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

I've never said anyone should be prevented from practicing their religion,I've never said anyone should be prevented from evangelising. But there is a difference between evangelising and trying to impose beliefs on other people."

But I agree with Mara - it is the minority that are doing the imposing at the moment.

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"He called a girl a girl????"

That's the top line of it. But without knowing the detail it's hard to say if , or how far he has done something wrong.

The girl identifies as a boy. I'd ask if it was an honest mistake - does she dress and look like a girl in school? We don't know.

We know the teacher is religious and is against trans-gendering. Is he just forcing the issue and insisting on calling her a girl, despite it being clear she is trying to become a boy??

I think there are too many unknowns and lack of facts and people wanting to be outraged either way to make a sensible comment.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I've never said anyone should be prevented from practicing their religion,I've never said anyone should be prevented from evangelising. But there is a difference between evangelising and trying to impose beliefs on other people.

But I agree with Mara - it is the minority that are doing the imposing at the moment."

That's the way that some seem to want to present it.Another way to look at it is,he was expected to just get on with his job of teaching maths but he decided to let his religious views interfere with that. he then decided to leave his job because he was asked to leave his religious views at home.

Nobody has imposed any view on him other than basic respect. As far as I can tell,he hasn't actually tried to impose his views on anyone and no one has tried to stop him believing what he wants to believe,just not to act on it in the maths lessons.

Reply privately

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

But I agree with Mara - it is the minority that are doing the imposing at the moment.

That's the way that some seem to want to present it.Another way to look at it is,he was expected to just get on with his job of teaching maths but he decided to let his religious views interfere with that. he then decided to leave his job because he was asked to leave his religious views at home.

Nobody has imposed any view on him other than basic respect. As far as I can tell,he hasn't actually tried to impose his views on anyone and no one has tried to stop him believing what he wants to believe,just not to act on it in the maths lessons."

I was not commenting on the teacher per se - we don't have the facts so it seems pointless.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

But I agree with Mara - it is the minority that are doing the imposing at the moment."

Agreed, there are a minority who wish to impose their acceptance upon the majority, demanding special treatment.

Many trans people do not feel the need to insist the majority change to suit our wishes though.

I thought Christians prided themselves on being nice people and nice people aren’t nasty to people just because they differ from what’s seen as the norm.

I don’t ask for much. Just respect me as I respect you. If you want to be referred to as Ms rather than Mrs or Miss I’ll respect that.

Reply privately

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

Agreed, there are a minority who wish to impose their acceptance upon the majority, demanding special treatment.

Many trans people do not feel the need to insist the majority change to suit our wishes though.

I thought Christians prided themselves on being nice people and nice people aren’t nasty to people just because they differ from what’s seen as the norm.

"

Indeed and yet some people on this thread sadly have not met the type of Christian who is loving and tolerant and accepting and affirming DESPITE having a totally different belief.

Luckily for me I have met many, and have never seen from them the kind of venomous judgement I often see displayed on these forums by those who claim to be more enlightened.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just because a person has religious views, there is no reason to take all or any of their religious views seriously. A religious relative of mine who previously I had believe was reasonable and intelligent circulated this in all seriousness on WhatsApp.

*Why MEN are important.??*

1. You can't spell Madam without the Adam in it.

2. Neither can you spell Woman without the Man

3. You also cannot spell Female without the Male

4. Nor spell She without the He

5. You most definitely cannot spell Mrs without the Mr...

6. ... and finally, in prayers, we continue to say Amen and not A-women...

*Dedicated to All Wonderful MEN*??????.

Logic generally escapes them!

Reply privately

over a year ago

but most of that was to do with greed not relagion ...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Go and read a history book and see how wrong you are. You might want to pay particular attention to the crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, Pogroms in Eastern Europe, The British Empire (with particular reference to slavery).... I could go on...... but most of that was to do with greed not relagion ..."

More like overall control they owned the banks and money

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"

Indeed and yet some people on this thread sadly have not met the type of Christian who is loving and tolerant and accepting and affirming DESPITE having a totally different belief.

Luckily for me I have met many, and have never seen from them the kind of venomous judgement I often see displayed on these forums by those who claim to be more enlightened. "

It's crazy tarring any bunch of people because of the actions of a particular individual. There TVs in the forum who spout all sorts of nonsense, we don't presume all TVs are nut jobs. Same goes for Couples, singles etc etc etc.

Just because you can dig up something mental one Religious person has said or done, doesn't mean they are all like it.

(PS I'm NOT religious)

Reply privately

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

Luckily for me I have met many, and have never seen from them the kind of venomous judgement I often see displayed on these forums by those who claim to be more enlightened.

It's crazy tarring any bunch of people because of the actions of a particular individual. There TVs in the forum who spout all sorts of nonsense, we don't presume all TVs are nut jobs. Same goes for Couples, singles etc etc etc.

Just because you can dig up something mental one Religious person has said or done, doesn't mean they are all like it.

(PS I'm NOT religious)"

Not sure why you are quoting me - I was defending Christians, I know many who are truly loving.

Reply privately

By *y Favorite PornstarCouple
over a year ago

Basingstoke

And why would anyone, Marxist or otherwise be wrong to attempt to destroy a bloodthirsty death cult that has claimed the lives of millions?"

If you read your history then you'd know that marxism is a bloodthirsty death cult that has killed more than the facists, terrorists and fundamentalists put together and multipled many times

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"

(PS I'm NOT religious)

Not sure why you are quoting me - I was defending Christians, I know many who are truly loving."

I know, it was meant to be a backup of what you'd said

Reply privately

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

But isn't this thread way off topic now?

Isn't the point that as usual it's the left-wing, right-on, pc brigade who say that a child's right to pretend that they are a girl, (when clearly they were born a boy, and still are a boy in every physical respect) outweighs the right of someone to say that (assuming in this case, the teacher was doing it deliberately, contrary to what he asserts) clearly they are not a girl. Clearly they are a boy, and that whatever sex you are born is the sex you remain, especially in the case where there has been no surgery.

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"But isn't this thread way off topic now?

Isn't the point that as usual it's the left-wing, right-on, pc brigade who say that a child's right to pretend that they are a girl, (when clearly they were born a boy, and still are a boy in every physical respect) outweighs the right of someone to say that (assuming in this case, the teacher was doing it deliberately, contrary to what he asserts) clearly they are not a girl. Clearly they are a boy, and that whatever sex you are born is the sex you remain, especially in the case where there has been no surgery.

"

I've never seen any reporting that lets us know whether they are 'clearly' a boy or a girl.

Reply privately

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

I've never seen any reporting that lets us know whether they are 'clearly' a boy or a girl."

A child in the UK cannot consent to a sex change operation and there is no evidence that one has happened here.

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

I've never seen any reporting that lets us know whether they are 'clearly' a boy or a girl.

A child in the UK cannot consent to a sex change operation and there is no evidence that one has happened here.

"

I didn't say they had a sex change. None of us know whether the child in question looks or is making a concerted effort to look like a girl.

If she is dressing as a girl and trying to look like one, then the teacher is probably trying to make a point.

Or the teacher might have made a genuine understandable error.

None of us know, because we don't have access to the unbiased facts.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

Yes. If you remove "as a Christian" from his statement and the other religious bits then his views are reflect those of 100% of the worlds biologists and the majority of sane people in the world. It's clear from the reporting that child was not undergoing any kind of sex change, it's just a stupid postmodernist arguement that you can make your own reality by imagining it. Which is frankly an insult to people who actually go through gender reassignment surgery.

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Yes. If you remove "as a Christian" from his statement and the other religious bits then his views are reflect those of 100% of the worlds biologists and the majority of sane people in the world. It's clear from the reporting that child was not undergoing any kind of sex change, it's just a stupid postmodernist arguement that you can make your own reality by imagining it. Which is frankly an insult to people who actually go through gender reassignment surgery. "

Lots of people are jumping to conclusions on this story.

I agree, that just because someone identifies as a sex/gender , it doesn't make them that, that's my opinion.

However, common sense and respect for a persons feelings (which you would hope a teacher had) also comes in to play.

If the child was obviously trying to fit to that gender, I would refer them in the gender they were trying to be.

In the context of swinginging, it may be different.

But we don't know if it was an honest mistake, or PC gone mad, or the guy trying to make a political point.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

Yes. If you remove "as a Christian" from his statement and the other religious bits then his views are reflect those of 100% of the worlds biologists and the majority of sane people in the world. It's clear from the reporting that child was not undergoing any kind of sex change, it's just a stupid postmodernist arguement that you can make your own reality by imagining it. Which is frankly an insult to people who actually go through gender reassignment surgery.

I agree, that just because someone identifies as a sex/gender , it doesn't make them that, that's my opinion.

However, common sense and respect for a persons feelings (which you would hope a teacher had) also comes in to play.

If the child was obviously trying to fit to that gender, I would refer them in the gender they were trying to be.

But we don't know if it was an honest mistake, or PC gone mad, or the guy trying to make a political point."

It's really obvious from the reporting. But i do like your distinction, if the child was making a transition then i don't think there's a debate to be had. Those rights are already protected under law, rightly so.

What i don't want is the fecking Canada system where they try and enforce postmodernist beliefs through language that is and isn't acceptable.

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"

But we don't know if it was an honest mistake, or PC gone mad, or the guy trying to make a political point.

It's really obvious from the reporting. But i do like your distinction, if the child was making a transition then i don't think there's a debate to be had. Those rights are already protected under law, rightly so.

What i don't want is the fecking Canada system where they try and enforce postmodernist beliefs through language that is and isn't acceptable. "

I've never seen any reporting that does make it obvious though. It would be interesting to know a few more facts.

I don't think a child can be transititioning anyway, I know next to nothing, but surely not when under-age?

I understand the child is a female, identifying as a boy. If the child dresses in boys uniform, has a 'boys' haircut and his friends call him 'Eric' (??) , then I think the teacher is pushing his own agenda.

If the child looks and dresses likea girl and the teacher made a slip-up, then it's another story (imo) . But I don't think anythink like that info has been printed??

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

What i don't want is the fecking Canada system where they try and enforce postmodernist beliefs through language that is and isn't acceptable.

I've never seen any reporting that does make it obvious though. It would be interesting to know a few more facts.

I don't think a child can be transititioning anyway, I know next to nothing, but surely not when under-age?

I understand the child is a female, identifying as a boy. If the child dresses in boys uniform, has a 'boys' haircut and his friends call him 'Eric' (??) , then I think the teacher is pushing his own agenda.

If the child looks and dresses likea girl and the teacher made a slip-up, then it's another story (imo) . But I don't think anythink like that info has been printed??"

I think it's best to look at the wider agenda and where it comes from. Most the people slagging off the teacher will not like what they find, i understand there are some simple minded people who enjoy slagging off religion but the enemy of your enemy is not your friend. This is postmodernism overlapped with marxism, straight up. The trans issue is a smoke screen.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Marxismn uses any opportunity to undemine society, its oreator does not hide the fact he hated God and humanity and wanted to sit on Gods throne and drag humanity down to the hell he was in, he also stated satan had given him a sword and that satan was his master...

Go read his writings its all there...

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

If you read your history then you'd know that marxism is a bloodthirsty death cult that has killed more than the facists, terrorists and fundamentalists put together and multipled many times "

Except it hasn't. Marx wasn't born until 1818 - many billions of people had been butchered by religion before then.

Another fun example - the British Empire (acting on behalf of God, apparently) killed more people than Stalin.

There is a quote from Napoleon that is very pertenent here: "History is written by the victor"....

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Yes. If you remove "as a Christian" from his statement and the other religious bits then his views are reflect those of 100% of the worlds biologists and the majority of sane people in the world. It's clear from the reporting that child was not undergoing any kind of sex change, it's just a stupid postmodernist arguement that you can make your own reality by imagining it. Which is frankly an insult to people who actually go through gender reassignment surgery. "

I'm a biologist (formally educated to MSc level) and I don't agree that gender is as black and white as some like to think. Feel free to ask away.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

I'm a biologist (formally educated to MSc level) and I don't agree that gender is as black and white as some like to think. Feel free to ask away. "

Ok, if you utter the words "i identify as a man / woman" do your chromosomes change?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

If you read your history then you'd know that marxism is a bloodthirsty death cult that has killed more than the facists, terrorists and fundamentalists put together and multipled many times

Except it hasn't. Marx wasn't born until 1818 - many billions of people had been butchered by religion before then.

Another fun example - the British Empire (acting on behalf of God, apparently) killed more people than Stalin.

There is a quote from Napoleon that is very pertenent here: "History is written by the victor"...."

Show me your workings for how you get over a billion people killed by religion then? I'll be generous and say marxism 'only' murdered 180m people which is impressive since, as you point out, it's not even 200 years old and religion is over 200,000 years old but yeah good luck getting near the 180m figure without resorting to utter bullshit like the British Empire being some kind of religious endeavour.

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Saying Marxism killed x, and religion killed y, is a basesless argument.

You might as well say 'men' killed z, so they are all cunts.

You can be a nice marxist or nicely religious, doesn't mean you agree with genocide.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"Saying Marxism killed x, and religion killed y, is a basesless argument.

You can be a nice marxist or nicely religious, doesn't mean you agree with genocide.

"

I think Marxists need to concede pretence to moral superiority when most Marxist government's are murdering millions of their own citizens and most capitalist democracies government's aren't.

The religious question just highlights the intellectual dishonesty of marxists and the semantic slights of hand they try to use to trick those who can't be bothered to fact check what they hear.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

""

Jolly time of year

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

I'm a biologist (formally educated to MSc level) and I don't agree that gender is as black and white as some like to think. Feel free to ask away.

Ok, if you utter the words "i identify as a man / woman" do your chromosomes change? "

No, but don't get hung up on chromosomes, they are not the whole story.

There are many species of animal and plant (although I can't think of any fungi off hand) that are dioecious (ie are born either male or female), of those, many are sequentially hermaproditic. Sequential hermaprhodites change gender whilst still retaining the chromosomes that they were born with.

Of those animals that are dioecious, some can be prompted to change gender either wholly or in part by exposure to hormones - for examples, many rivers have all female fish populations (of species that are not usually known to change gender) because of oestrogens released into the water course are prompting them to all become (or remain) female. Of course, fish are not humans, but to demonstrate the power of hormones: Testosterone and oestrogens on the human body are controlled by a negative feedback loop. When human males (often bodybuilders) take testosterone for too long, the body stops producing it - this is a problem when they come off synthetic test, as the feedback loop is not operating, therfore the oestrogens that they produce (all males produce oestrogen, just as all females produce testosterone) become the only androgens in the bloodstream and they can actually develop breast tissue etc.

Why is this important?

This shows the power that hormones have to stimulate the body to produce actual physical (as well as mental) changes.

It is entirely reasonable that humans have differing hormonal norms naturally, ergo, a male who produces more oestrogens (or less testosterone) than average may well feel that they are not the gender they were born into.

The other important point is that whilst people are born with either male or female reproductive organs, this is not the whole story.

The reproductive characteristics that you are born with are known as your primary reproductive characteristics. It may seem obvious, but it is important to point out that you cannot reproduce with these alone. Therefore people (children) with these are unable to mate, ergo they are not functionally male or female they only have the POTENTIAL to be.

Puberty is when the secondary reproductive characteristics appear. This is entirely hormonally driven, hormones prompt physiological changes that turn either gender into functional (ie capable of reproduction) adults. Again, differing levels of these can affect this process, so it is entirely possible that they have an influence on the mental perception of the gender of the person.

So; if hormones are so powerful that they can produce physiological changes in an individual (sex change operations start with hormonal treatment), then it is entirely feasable that lower levels of hormonal variance can influence cognition, making a person feel that they are either the incorrect gender, or of no gender at all.

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

There is a quote from Napoleon that is very pertenent here: "History is written by the victor"....

Show me your workings for how you get over a billion people killed by religion then? I'll be generous and say marxism 'only' murdered 180m people which is impressive since, as you point out, it's not even 200 years old and religion is over 200,000 years old but yeah good luck getting near the 180m figure without resorting to utter bullshit like the British Empire being some kind of religious endeavour. "

The British Empire was an overtly Christian endeavour - it is the theological underpinning of the entire thing.

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

I think Marxists need to concede pretence to moral superiority when most Marxist government's are murdering millions of their own citizens and most capitalist democracies government's aren't.

The religious question just highlights the intellectual dishonesty of marxists and the semantic slights of hand they try to use to trick those who can't be bothered to fact check what they hear. "

Define "Marxist". I think you will find that many aspects of western political and governemtal ideas have a Marxist influence.

For example; without Marx you would not have any publcily owned infrastructure.

Reply privately

By *entenTeaCouple
over a year ago

Buckley North Wales

Fully agree with you on Jesus's acceptance and understanding. But our faith does often underpin our opinions. Though how and to what extent is still very much down to the individual. I get the feeling that this has all been blown out of proportion and the teacher is now simply pushing back. Personaly I take the view that people have a choice over how they are addressed in terms of their gender. However I do wonder if Transexualism in school, is becomming a another banner of the trendy lefties that they are using to bash church and state, rather then as genuine empathy with those who believe they were borne the wrong gender.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

Show me your workings for how you get over a billion people killed by religion then? I'll be generous and say marxism 'only' murdered 180m people which is impressive since, as you point out, it's not even 200 years old and religion is over 200,000 years old but yeah good luck getting near the 180m figure without resorting to utter bullshit like the British Empire being some kind of religious endeavour.

The British Empire was an overtly Christian endeavour - it is the theological underpinning of the entire thing. "

So in your version of history, the British East India company was an evangelical church and the the opium wars were actually nothing to do with trade and everything to do with those damn heathen Chinese rejecting the bible? Ok let's leave it there before it gets silly.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Jolly time of year "

Same old kill joys!

But Merry Christmas to you xx

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"

Jolly time of year

Same old kill joys!

But Merry Christmas to you xx"

Why do people on here disparage intellectual debate? If you don't like it, there are plenty of asinine threads on television dancing contests and so forth that you could read or post on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

The religious question just highlights the intellectual dishonesty of marxists and the semantic slights of hand they try to use to trick those who can't be bothered to fact check what they hear.

Define "Marxist". I think you will find that many aspects of western political and governemtal ideas have a Marxist influence.

For example; without Marx you would not have any publcily owned infrastructure. "

Nice try. I'll make it easier for you, here are the countries that have tried marxism: the soviet union, China under Mao, venezuela, cuba, east germany, ethiopia, somalia, cambodia and maybe a few others that don't spring to mind. Now which of those would you rather live in than Britain?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Jolly time of year

Same old kill joys!

Why do people on here disparage intellectual debate? If you don't like it, there are plenty of asinine threads on television dancing contests and so forth that you could read or post on.

"

Oh yes I forgot.. you are much more intelligent than most of us!

Sorry.... crack on

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Nice try. I'll make it easier for you, here are the countries that have tried marxism: the soviet union, China under Mao, venezuela, cuba, east germany, ethiopia, somalia, cambodia and maybe a few others that don't spring to mind. Now which of those would you rather live in than Britain?"

Again, define "Marxism"? Any country with a mixed economy owes, by definition part of its existence to Marx.

As well you know, none of the states you mention have any of the prerequisites that Marx suggested were nescessary for Socialism- all of those are examples of vanguardism, whereby the revolutionary junta have attempted to circumvent industrialisation through capitalsism.

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"

Nice try. I'll make it easier for you, here are the countries that have tried marxism: the soviet union, China under Mao, venezuela, cuba, east germany, ethiopia, somalia, cambodia and maybe a few others that don't spring to mind. "

Which of those countries is it that's orchestrating the post modern Marxist trans smoke screen?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

Ok, if you utter the words "i identify as a man / woman" do your chromosomes change?

There are many species of animal and plant (although I can't think of any fungi off hand) that are dioecious (ie are born either male or female), of those, many are sequentially hermaproditic. Sequential hermaprhodites change gender whilst still retaining the chromosomes that they were born with.

Of those animals that are dioecious, some can be prompted to change gender either wholly or in part by exposure to hormones - for examples, many rivers have all female fish populations (of species that are not usually known to change gender) because of oestrogens released into the water course are prompting them to all become (or remain) female. Of course, fish are not humans, but to demonstrate the power of hormones: Testosterone and oestrogens on the human body are controlled by a negative feedback loop. When human males (often bodybuilders) take testosterone for too long, the body stops producing it - this is a problem when they come off synthetic test, as the feedback loop is not operating, therfore the oestrogens that they produce (all males produce oestrogen, just as all females produce testosterone) become the only androgens in the bloodstream and they can actually develop breast tissue etc.

Why is this important?

This shows the power that hormones have to stimulate the body to produce actual physical (as well as mental) changes.

It is entirely reasonable that humans have differing hormonal norms naturally, ergo, a male who produces more oestrogens (or less testosterone) than average may well feel that they are not the gender they were born into.

The other important point is that whilst people are born with either male or female reproductive organs, this is not the whole story.

The reproductive characteristics that you are born with are known as your primary reproductive characteristics. It may seem obvious, but it is important to point out that you cannot reproduce with these alone. Therefore people (children) with these are unable to mate, ergo they are not functionally male or female they only have the POTENTIAL to be.

Puberty is when the secondary reproductive characteristics appear. This is entirely hormonally driven, hormones prompt physiological changes that turn either gender into functional (ie capable of reproduction) adults. Again, differing levels of these can affect this process, so it is entirely possible that they have an influence on the mental perception of the gender of the person.

So; if hormones are so powerful that they can produce physiological changes in an individual (sex change operations start with hormonal treatment), then it is entirely feasable that lower levels of hormonal variance can influence cognition, making a person feel that they are either the incorrect gender, or of no gender at all. "

And I'm not disputing any of that. If you are in the wrong body then transition to what makes you happy. I'll pay for it via my taxes to the NHS and i'll give you all the respect of your acquired gender and fight with you against anyone who won't. All im saying is that you can't expect those privileges by deciding arbitrarily each day which one you are such as "timothy boatwright" who wanted her birthright privileges to enter an all female university but quickly switched back to wanting to be male once she was in the university, because you know, she's special.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

Nice try. I'll make it easier for you, here are the countries that have tried marxism: the soviet union, China under Mao, venezuela, cuba, east germany, ethiopia, somalia, cambodia and maybe a few others that don't spring to mind. Now which of those would you rather live in than Britain?

Again, define "Marxism"? Any country with a mixed economy owes, by definition part of its existence to Marx.

As well you know, none of the states you mention have any of the prerequisites that Marx suggested were nescessary for Socialism- all of those are examples of vanguardism, whereby the revolutionary junta have attempted to circumvent industrialisation through capitalsism.

"

Which is an inevitable part of trying to achieve what marx set out. That's the problem with the "that wasn't proper marxism arguement". It's impossible to achieve.

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"

Jolly time of year

Same old kill joys!

Sorry.... crack on "

Nobody is forcing you to contribute.

I just find this attempt to shut down interesting debate by people who have no interest in the subject quite puzzling.

I don't go on the "strictly" thread and go on about how shit I think the programme is, do I?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

Nice try. I'll make it easier for you, here are the countries that have tried marxism: the soviet union, China under Mao, venezuela, cuba, east germany, ethiopia, somalia, cambodia and maybe a few others that don't spring to mind.

Which of those countries is it that's orchestrating the post modern Marxist trans smoke screen? "

None, it mainly comes from French intellectuals who have lost the class fight and are now fighting the same battle but with identity politics instead of class politics.

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"

Nice try. I'll make it easier for you, here are the countries that have tried marxism: the soviet union, China under Mao, venezuela, cuba, east germany, ethiopia, somalia, cambodia and maybe a few others that don't spring to mind.

Which of those countries is it that's orchestrating the post modern Marxist trans smoke screen?

None, it mainly comes from French intellectuals who have lost the class fight and are now fighting the same battle but with identity politics instead of class politics. "

Oo. Like who?

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Why is this important?

So; if hormones are so powerful that they can produce physiological changes in an individual (sex change operations start with hormonal treatment), then it is entirely feasable that lower levels of hormonal variance can influence cognition, making a person feel that they are either the incorrect gender, or of no gender at all.

And I'm not disputing any of that. If you are in the wrong body then transition to what makes you happy. I'll pay for it via my taxes to the NHS and i'll give you all the respect of your acquired gender and fight with you against anyone who won't. All im saying is that you can't expect those privileges by deciding arbitrarily each day which one you are such as "timothy boatwright" who wanted her birthright privileges to enter an all female university but quickly switched back to wanting to be male once she was in the university, because you know, she's special. "

You'll always get the odd idiot - you can't really do anything about it, except stop it when there is evidence to prove it.

I would suggest that for most of those who genuinely feel uncomfortable in their gender, the decision to even discuss it is a very hard one. Children, by and large want to conform, it is only when you enter your late teens that most fee like they want to be different.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Jolly time of year

Same old kill joys!

Sorry.... crack on

I just find this attempt to shut down interesting debate by people who have no interest in the subject quite puzzling.

I don't go on the "strictly" thread and go on about how shit I think the programme is, do I?"

I have no idea what the "strictly thread" is - but you clearly are disapproving of it.

I don't really care!

It is a public forum and I am allowed to have my opinion just as you are allowed yours.

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"

Jolly time of year

Same old kill joys!

Sorry.... crack on

I don't go on the "strictly" thread and go on about how shit I think the programme is, do I?

I have no idea what the "strictly thread" is - but you clearly are disapproving of it.

I don't really care!

It is a public forum and I am allowed to have my opinion just as you are allowed yours.

"

You are, but since your opinion is clearly that debate is unspeakably dull and the people who engage in it are somehow beneath you, don't be surprised when your opinion is challenged.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

None, it mainly comes from French intellectuals who have lost the class fight and are now fighting the same battle but with identity politics instead of class politics.

Oo. Like who? "

Which of those marxist / post-marxist countries do you want to live in?

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"

Oo. Like who?

Which of those marxist / post-marxist countries do you want to live in? "

I'd like to know who are the French Marxists who are tricking me into thinking calling kids by their preferred pro nouns is the decent thing to do.

You can't tell me?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

You'll always get the odd idiot - you can't really do anything about it, except stop it when there is evidence to prove it.

I would suggest that for most of those who genuinely feel uncomfortable in their gender, the decision to even discuss it is a very hard one. Children, by and large want to conform, it is only when you enter your late teens that most fee like they want to be different. "

Where you see a lone gunman, i see a conspiracy. What's your view on the lindsay shepherd / laurier university episode?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

Oo. Like who?

I'd like to know who are the French Marxists who are tricking me into thinking calling kids by their preferred pro nouns is the decent thing to do.

You can't tell me? "

No I'm just familiar with your brand of nonsense. You only ask questions, you never answer them. You have the misguided idea that always being on the attack means you 'win' the 'debate'.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

You are, but since your opinion is clearly that debate is unspeakably dull and the people who engage in it are somehow beneath you, don't be surprised when your opinion is challenged.

"

I think if anything your whole debate is based on you wanting to being more intelligent than everyone else!

You clearly think a lot of people here are "beneath you"

Along with a few others here.

Why should I be quiet?!

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"

Oo. Like who?

You can't tell me?

No I'm just familiar with your brand of nonsense. You only ask questions, you never answer them. You have the misguided idea that always being on the attack means you 'win' the 'debate'. "

But you made a claim and I'm trying to find out more about it. You said "I think it's best to look at the wider agenda and where it comes from." How can I do that without asking questions?

If it makes you feel better, to answer your question, I wouldn't like to live in any of the countries that you mentioned.

Now can you tell me who the French Marxists are?

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"

I think if anything your whole debate is based on you wanting to being more intelligent than everyone else!

You clearly think a lot of people here are "beneath you"

Along with a few others here.

Why should I be quiet?!

"

No it isn't - My debate engaged with the question at hand.

Your only contribution was to mock those taking part and then try to illicit some sort of pity for doing so when an objection was raised.

So; it was you who suggested that you were somehow above the subject matter, not me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes you can pity me it's OK

Reply privately

By *zamiWoman
over a year ago

LONDON

"My thoughts on this are if your faith means you are unwilling or unable to accept people who are trans, gay, bisexual, cross dressers etc then perhaps you shouldn't be working there.

Most schools don't actively encourage children to explore their sexuality or whether or not they are trans but will actively support any child who chooses to.

An inclusive environment at school can mean fewer bigots out there as adults. "

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"Yes you can pity me it's OK"

Why would I do that?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

Oo. Like who?

You can't tell me?

No I'm just familiar with your brand of nonsense. You only ask questions, you never answer them. You have the misguided idea that always being on the attack means you 'win' the 'debate'.

But you made a claim and I'm trying to find out more about it. You said "I think it's best to look at the wider agenda and where it comes from." How can I do that without asking questions?

If it makes you feel better, to answer your question, I wouldn't like to live in any of the countries that you mentioned.

Now can you tell me who the French Marxists are? "

My claim is that people who believe in marxism are using postmodernist philosophy to justify / rebrand what is really marxism, because marxism is actually deeply unpopular with the masses for the reasons already stated (e.g. mass murder). The idea that you can change to a man / woman by wishing it with no physical change in yourself is rooted in constructivism and for that you can read bachelard, lyotard & derrida for starters. Yes i know they are dead.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"My thoughts on this are if your faith means you are unwilling or unable to accept people who are trans, gay, bisexual, cross dressers etc then perhaps you shouldn't be working there.

An inclusive environment at school can mean fewer bigots out there as adults. "

Does being inclusive mean i have to abandon reality?

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"

Oo. Like who?

You can't tell me?

My claim is that people who believe in marxism are using postmodernist philosophy to justify / rebrand what is really marxism, because marxism is actually deeply unpopular with the masses for the reasons already stated (e.g. mass murder). The idea that you can change to a man / woman by wishing it with no physical change in yourself is rooted in constructivism and for that you can read bachelard, lyotard & derrida for starters. Yes i know they are dead. "

It's not to do with "wishing it so" though is it? As I've previously explained at length...

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"

My claim is that people who believe in marxism are using postmodernist philosophy to justify / rebrand what is really marxism "

Like who?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

My claim is that people who believe in marxism are using postmodernist philosophy to justify / rebrand what is really marxism

Like who?

"

Timothy who i mentioned before and nathan rambukkana are good examples of individuals but if you want organisations then antifa and black lives matter.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

Oo. Like who?

You can't tell me?

My claim is that people who believe in marxism are using postmodernist philosophy to justify / rebrand what is really marxism, because marxism is actually deeply unpopular with the masses for the reasons already stated (e.g. mass murder). The idea that you can change to a man / woman by wishing it with no physical change in yourself is rooted in constructivism and for that you can read bachelard, lyotard & derrida for starters. Yes i know they are dead.

It's not to do with "wishing it so" though is it? As I've previously explained at length..."

It is. Please dont conflate people who reassign their gender through a prolonged medical procedure with the timothy types who change what they identify with as and when it suits them. Not the same thing, not even close.

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"

My claim is that people who believe in marxism are using postmodernist philosophy to justify / rebrand what is really marxism

Like who?

Timothy who i mentioned before and nathan rambukkana are good examples of individuals but if you want organisations then antifa and black lives matter. "

I thought the Marxists you were talking about were French?

Well, at least you had a try.

Although it kinda sounds like you just named a random trans student who you don't like, a Canadian lefty professor, and two leftist groups.

Can you elaborate on the work that antifa and BLM have done to create the 'smokescreen' surrounding transgenderism?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

Like who?

Timothy who i mentioned before and nathan rambukkana are good examples of individuals but if you want organisations then antifa and black lives matter.

Although it kinda sounds like you just named a random trans student who you don't like, a Canadian lefty professor, and two leftist groups.

Can you elaborate on the work that antifa and BLM have done to create the 'smokescreen' surrounding transgenderism? "

That's the best you can do, back to your tactics of misrepresenting what i said

You said you wanted to learn more and that's why you were asking. Go read about what constructivism is and then go fact check whether the leaders of black lives matter and antifa like capitalism very much. Understand the link between people apparently oppressed because of class (Marxism) and people apparently oppressed being of identity (race, sex, sexuality) and then It's pretty obvious how language is part of the battle for power. But expected you know at least 80% of it already and are being obtuse to see if you can get me to make a semantic trip.

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

This for me has nothing to do with relgion but it is rubbish that young children can decide their gender,they are children and sexuality should not be relevant in there lives till at least 12 in my view.

Children should be children and enjoy life and learn live in ignorant bliss as long as possible.These kids are getting this from perverted perents it is sick.

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"

Like who?

Can you elaborate on the work that antifa and BLM have done to create the 'smokescreen' surrounding transgenderism?

You said you wanted to learn more and that's why you were asking. Go read about what constructivism is and then go fact check whether the leaders of black lives matter and antifa like capitalism very much. Understand the link between people apparently oppressed because of class (Marxism) and people apparently oppressed being of identity (race, sex, sexuality) and then It's pretty obvious how language is part of the battle for power. But expected you know at least 80% of it already and are being obtuse to see if you can get me to make a semantic trip. "

How have I misrepresented what you said?

You said Marxists had created a smokescreen around trans issues.

You then said that those Marxists include BLM and Antifa.

But you won't say how they have done that?

I'm not asking about Marxist theory. I'm asking about the conspiracy you allege is taking place. Just pointing at groups and saying 'they don't like capatalism!' doesn't really cut it.

Reply privately

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"This for me has nothing to do with relgion but it is rubbish that young children can decide their gender,they are children and sexuality should not be relevant in there lives till at least 12 in my view.

Children should be children and enjoy life and learn live in ignorant bliss as long as possible.These kids are getting this from perverted perents it is sick."

Ah good point you're suggesting gender neutrality and that the teacher should have used the word children not a gender specific noun. You're so right why label a child as such a young and vulnerable confused age

It's as bad as giving some kids guns and cars and others toy baby's and prams

X

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

Like who?

You said you wanted to learn more and that's why you were asking. Go read about what constructivism is and then go fact check whether the leaders of black lives matter and antifa like capitalism very much. Understand the link between people apparently oppressed because of class (Marxism) and people apparently oppressed being of identity (race, sex, sexuality) and then It's pretty obvious how language is part of the battle for power. But expected you know at least 80% of it already and are being obtuse to see if you can get me to make a semantic trip.

I'm not asking about Marxist theory. I'm asking about the conspiracy you allege is taking place. Just pointing at groups and saying 'they don't like capatalism!' doesn't really cut it. "

Policing language is part of their strategy. If you've read 1984 then I'm sure you can understand why. This misgendering nonsense is basically an attempt to enshrine constructivism in law. Conflating this sort of "i identify as crap" with people who undergo gender reassignment is a very clever strategy, albeit not a new one (trojan horse 101).

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"

Jolly time of year

Same old kill joys!

"

Turning a thread into a your dad's worse than my dad, marxism vs religion vs chromosones, is pushing the definition of intellectual debate.

But you are both enjoying yourselves, so have fun

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

Jolly time of year

Same old kill joys!

Turning a thread into a your dad's worse than my dad, marxism vs religion vs chromosones, is pushing the definition of intellectual debate.

But you are both enjoying yourselves, so have fun "

When we have an official though police, just remember that you heard it here first

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"

Jolly time of year

Same old kill joys!

But you are both enjoying yourselves, so have fun

When we have an official though police, just remember that you heard it here first"

No, feel free to crack on, just supporting another posters right to their opinion on the conversation

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"

Like who?

I'm not asking about Marxist theory. I'm asking about the conspiracy you allege is taking place. Just pointing at groups and saying 'they don't like capatalism!' doesn't really cut it.

Policing language is part of their strategy. If you've read 1984 then I'm sure you can understand why. This misgendering nonsense is basically an attempt to enshrine constructivism in law. Conflating this sort of "i identify as crap" with people who undergo gender reassignment is a very clever strategy, albeit not a new one (trojan horse 101). "

OK. We're not really getting anywhere are we? You're telling me a lot about what you think Marxists think and believe, and very little evidence about what they've actually done as part of their alleged conspiracy. It took about five posts to even get you to name anyone.

This is a bit boring now, so I'll head to bed with the observation that your division of trans people into those who have medical treatment - good - and those that don't - bad - is kinda weird.

There are plenty of good reasons people don't have reassignment. It doesn't make them any less sincere or deserving of respect.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

Like who?

Policing language is part of their strategy. If you've read 1984 then I'm sure you can understand why. This misgendering nonsense is basically an attempt to enshrine constructivism in law. Conflating this sort of "i identify as crap" with people who undergo gender reassignment is a very clever strategy, albeit not a new one (trojan horse 101).

OK. We're not really getting anywhere are we? You're telling me a lot about what you think Marxists think and believe, and very little evidence about what they've actually done as part of their alleged conspiracy. It took about five posts to even get you to name anyone.

This is a bit boring now, so I'll head to bed with the observation that your division of trans people into those who have medical treatment - good - and those that don't - bad - is kinda weird.

There are plenty of good reasons people don't have reassignment. It doesn't make them any less sincere or deserving of respect.

"

We've established that one of those reasons is to get preferential treatment in university applications and i think most people would see lying for financial gain as less deserving of respect. But anyway, good night.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/12/17 00:11:02]

Reply privately