FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I'm not getting old just maturing in a special way....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Chatting to a fab friend this morning who is feeling a little worse for wear today due to a late night and alcohol He's of 'that age' like me where your brain thinks you can party like it's 1999 but your body quit in 2000

So I'm asking you young sexy forty somethings are there things you do now that make you feel your age? Or maybe like me you suddenly notice that your turning into your parents...

Spill people

Peach x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Young un's these days have no stamina

over a year ago

"Young un's these days have no stamina "

Yeah but do they need a few days off to recover from a sex marathon If we have a weekend away ideally I need another day off in bed to get over it!! I used to be up and at it again lol My brain thinks I can, my body says no way

Peach x

over a year ago

"Young un's these days have no stamina

Yeah but do they need a few days off to recover from a sex marathon If we have a weekend away ideally I need another day off in bed to get over it!! I used to be up and at it again lol My brain thinks I can, my body says no way

Peach x"

You sure about that

over a year ago

"Young un's these days have no stamina

Peach x

You sure about that"

....you're right, I'm easily persuaded Recovery can wait..

Peach x

over a year ago

"Chatting to a fab friend this morning who is feeling a little worse for wear today due to a late night and alcohol He's of 'that age' like me where your brain thinks you can party like it's 1999 but your body quit in 2000

So I'm asking you young sexy forty somethings are there things you do now that make you feel your age? Or maybe like me you suddenly notice that your turning into your parents...

Spill people

Peach x"

your mind doesn't change just your recovery time ,I don't drink to excess I'm a social drinker I can if I'm enjoying the company and I can be their at the end and I'm a happy drinker ,my body aches sometimes where it didn't ,I get cramp sometimes mostly in my feet but I'm still in great shape ,I think about what I eat and always have ,with age comes the experience that youngsters lack ,I'm enjoying the confidence that gives me

over a year ago

The day I'm out drinking with mates and I start to worry that it's gone ten is the day I hang up my heels and give in to the slippers and cocoa...

Peach x

over a year ago

"The day I'm out drinking with mates and I start to worry that it's gone ten is the day I hang up my heels and give in to the slippers and cocoa...

Peach x"

exactly live for the moment ,I do and enjoy everything I do

over a year ago

"The day I'm out drinking with mates and I start to worry that it's gone ten is the day I hang up my heels and give in to the slippers and cocoa...

Peach x"

I imagine you have more stamina than almost anyone on here. Your just honest about needing time to recover

over a year ago

"Chatting to a fab friend this morning who is feeling a little worse for wear today due to a late night and alcohol He's of 'that age' like me where your brain thinks you can party like it's 1999 but your body quit in 2000

Spill people

Peach xyour mind doesn't change just your recovery time ,I don't drink to excess I'm a social drinker I can if I'm enjoying the company and I can be their at the end and I'm a happy drinker ,my body aches sometimes where it didn't ,I get cramp sometimes mostly in my feet but I'm still in great shape ,I think about what I eat and always have ,with age comes the experience that youngsters lack ,I'm enjoying the confidence that gives me "

You're right there, the recovery seems to suddenly change when you hit forty, it's just accepting that I find difficult then end up suffering lol. At our staff Xmas do of mainly twenty somethings I was the last one on the dance floor and the last one to lose their hangover...

Peach x

over a year ago

Well I put my back out the other day after a couple of quite ‘energetic days in the bedroom’ and I’m only 38

Geeky x

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Anyone who saw me at last weekend's Manchester social saw how shaky and hungover I was after a late night of drinking and karaoke carnage the night before loooool. I still survived the day/night though and managed to catch my 8am flight the following morning much to my own amazement

over a year ago

Peach x"

Wait til you hit your fifties when the mind is willing but then talks you out of it.

over a year ago

Spill people

Peach xyour mind doesn't change just your recovery time ,I don't drink to excess I'm a social drinker I can if I'm enjoying the company and I can be their at the end and I'm a happy drinker ,my body aches sometimes where it didn't ,I get cramp sometimes mostly in my feet but I'm still in great shape ,I think about what I eat and always have ,with age comes the experience that youngsters lack ,I'm enjoying the confidence that gives me

You're right there, the recovery seems to suddenly change when you hit forty, it's just accepting that I find difficult then end up suffering lol. At our staff Xmas do of mainly twenty somethings I was the last one on the dance floor and the last one to lose their hangover...

Peach x"

I went to a staff Xmas party ?? couple of years back started at 5 pm finished at 4/5am I was their on dance floor all night busting out the moves don't remember how i got to my room but I was up for breakfast

By *hatterley64Couple
over a year ago

Hertford

I find I can still do everything I used to. Just can’t see it that well anymore!!

over a year ago

"Well I put my back out the other day after a couple of quite ‘energetic days in the bedroom’ and I’m only 38

Geeky x"

A good excuse for an oily sensual massage

Peach x

over a year ago

"Anyone who saw me at last weekend's Manchester social saw how shaky and hungover I was after a late night of drinking and karaoke carnage the night before loooool. I still survived the day/night though and managed to catch my 8am flight the following morning much to my own amazement "

I hope you congratulated yourself lol! I'm proud if I manage to just open my eyes after a messy night haha!

Peach x

over a year ago

Spill people

Peach xyour mind doesn't change just your recovery time ,I don't drink to excess I'm a social drinker I can if I'm enjoying the company and I can be their at the end and I'm a happy drinker ,my body aches sometimes where it didn't ,I get cramp sometimes mostly in my feet but I'm still in great shape ,I think about what I eat and always have ,with age comes the experience that youngsters lack ,I'm enjoying the confidence that gives me

Peach xI went to a staff Xmas party ?? couple of years back started at 5 pm finished at 4/5am I was their on dance floor all night busting out the moves don't remember how i got to my room but I was up for breakfast "

I think we're just more determined to use the 'you youngsters don't know how to party anymore' line...

Peach x

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

Don’t let yourself feel old, keep doing the things that make you feel young but just give yourself a bit more time to recover.

Unlike when we’re 20, now we know where the “I’ve had enough” button is

over a year ago

I quit the heavy, hangover causing drinking. I kept getting UBI's and it hurt too much the following days.

*UBI - unidentified beer injuries

over a year ago

Spill people

Peach xI went to a staff Xmas party ?? couple of years back started at 5 pm finished at 4/5am I was their on dance floor all night busting out the moves don't remember how i got to my room but I was up for breakfast

I think we're just more determined to use the 'you youngsters don't know how to party anymore' line...

Peach x"

I don't analyse it I just do it I'm not one for convention anymore

over a year ago

In my 50s and still think I'm in my 20s only real difference is after a night out the hangovers last longer

over a year ago

"I quit the heavy, hangover causing drinking. I kept getting UBI's and it hurt too much the following days.

*UBI - unidentified beer injuries "

I've learnt to control my intake of alcohol now I stop when i fall over

over a year ago

"I quit the heavy, hangover causing drinking. I kept getting UBI's and it hurt too much the following days.

I've learnt to control my intake of alcohol now I stop when i fall over "

And I bet you carry something soft to land on

over a year ago

Just lately I’ve taken to sucking a fisherman’s friend whilst working to keep the cold out !

I always remember my grandpa swore by them.

Offered them out to a few of the other trades and was met with spitting out and “how fucking old are you”

“They’re disgusting “

Charming eh

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"Anyone who saw me at last weekend's Manchester social saw how shaky and hungover I was after a late night of drinking and karaoke carnage the night before loooool. I still survived the day/night though and managed to catch my 8am flight the following morning much to my own amazement

I hope you congratulated yourself lol! I'm proud if I manage to just open my eyes after a messy night haha!

Peach x"

Congratulate myself? I almost gave myself my own awards ceremony! I'm still not sure how I managed to do it....

over a year ago

"Just lately I’ve taken to sucking a fisherman’s friend whilst working to keep the cold out !

I always remember my grandpa swore by them.

Offered them out to a few of the other trades and was met with spitting out and “how fucking old are you”

“They’re disgusting “

Charming eh "

I had the same reaction when I took a bag of mint crumbles into work! 'Aren't these for old people with no teeth' was one comment...

Peach x

over a year ago

"Don’t let yourself feel old, keep doing the things that make you feel young but just give yourself a bit more time to recover.

Unlike when we’re 20, now we know where the “I’ve had enough” button is"

I think mine is broken....

Peach x

over a year ago

*UBI - unidentified beer injuries "

I still have problems with bar stools attacking me...

Peach x

over a year ago

And I bet you carry something soft to land on "

Of course Peachy get here i wanna fall on you x

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple
over a year ago

Chester

Making the most of my 40's, partying wilder than ever before. More stamina now than when I was younger. Only wiser decision is drinking water inbetween alcohol, those club playrooms do get hot. Need a nap next day but tbh always have after night out - Fi x

over a year ago

Of course Peachy get here i wanna fall on you x "

Haha! Just aim true pp

Peach x

over a year ago

Of course Peachy get here i wanna fall on you x

Haha! Just aim true pp

Peach x"

You know it is x

over a year ago

"Making the most of my 40's, partying wilder than ever before. More stamina now than when I was younger. Only wiser decision is drinking water inbetween alcohol, those club playrooms do get hot. Need a nap next day but tbh always have after night out - Fi x"

I think that's it, we're more aware of mixing drinks and with a little more responsibility (cough) than we used to have, usually get through the night without making a complete fool of ourselves

Peach x

By *ondon-guy68Man
over a year ago

London

I used to have a severe panic if I couldn’t find my fav shirt to wear before a night out, these days it’s if I can’t find my nose hair clippers.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"I used to have a severe panic if I couldn’t find my fav shirt to wear before a night out, these days it’s if I can’t find my nose hair clippers. "

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Nope...if anything I'm regressing!

47 now, and fitter & healthier than I've ever been.

My jobs have me on the go all day, I work predominantly with 20somethings & can leave most of them on the floor.

I never had hangovers & 4hrs sleep is standard too.

So leaping out of bed after partying - easy (unless I have something to keep me there)

I spent a long time not happy & in a bad relationship.

I call it my 'lost decades' now I'm finally free, and able to live my life, my way.

I think mentally I've returned to the age I was before it all went tits up, so I'm still in my late 20's at heart

My school 30yr reunion last year was very surreal, HTF can it possibly be 30yrs, and who were all these old people in fuddy duddy clothes I didn't recognise?!

I have no intention of ever acting my age or growing old, life's for living!

over a year ago

Peach x"

I finally learnt my lesson from a cast iron bath. It broke 3 ribs.

over a year ago

"I used to have a severe panic if I couldn’t find my fav shirt to wear before a night out, these days it’s if I can’t find my nose hair clippers. "

My pre night out panic is if I forget to go to the loo before leaving the house haha!

Peach x

over a year ago

I think that's why I dont say no to many opportunities! I do feel like I'm too busy sometimes, but I also have that understanding that time isn't slowing down. I can work myself as hard as I want right now, but I understand in 10 years time things wont be quite so easy ha.

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple
over a year ago

Chester

"Making the most of my 40's, partying wilder than ever before. More stamina now than when I was younger. Only wiser decision is drinking water inbetween alcohol, those club playrooms do get hot. Need a nap next day but tbh always have after night out - Fi x

I think that's it, we're more aware of mixing drinks and with a little more responsibility (cough) than we used to have, usually get through the night without making a complete fool of ourselves

Peach x"

Think now kids flown the nest were behaving like teenagers again with all this freedom & new hobby. Certainly don't feel our age lol. Be nap tommorow Chams today - Fi x

over a year ago

Peach x

I finally learnt my lesson from a cast iron bath. It broke 3 ribs. "

Do what...??

Peach x

over a year ago

"Don’t let yourself feel old, keep doing the things that make you feel young but just give yourself a bit more time to recover.

Peach x"

Haha

Yes mine is definitely broken too.

I feel like I'm partying like it's 1999 and feel like I look like it is too.

Then I catch my reflection ...

over a year ago

"Nope...if anything I'm regressing!

47 now, and fitter & healthier than I've ever been.

My jobs have me on the go all day, I work predominantly with 20somethings & can leave most of them on the floor.

I never had hangovers & 4hrs sleep is standard too.

So leaping out of bed after partying - easy (unless I have something to keep me there)

I spent a long time not happy & in a bad relationship.

I call it my 'lost decades' now I'm finally free, and able to live my life, my way.

I think mentally I've returned to the age I was before it all went tits up, so I'm still in my late 20's at heart

My school 30yr reunion last year was very surreal, HTF can it possibly be 30yrs, and who were all these old people in fuddy duddy clothes I didn't recognise?!

I have no intention of ever acting my age or growing old, life's for living!

"

Yeeess Phoenix!! You go girl and you look amazing too! We're definitely enjoying and living life for ourselves now, much more so than when we were younger!

Peach x

over a year ago

Peach x

Haha

Yes mine is definitely broken too.

I feel like I'm partying like it's 1999 and feel like I look like it is too.

Then I catch my reflection ...

"

I try to avoid mirrors at the end of the night...

Peach x

By *icky-discoMan
over a year ago

oxford

I turned 50 this week and I totally get the hangover thing some drinks are a no no now if you have them you feel like death for days not worth it anymore

over a year ago

"I turned 50 this week and I totally get the hangover thing some drinks are a no no now if you have them you feel like death for days not worth it anymore "

Are you still recovering now lol

Peach x

over a year ago

Peach x

Do what...??

Peach x"

I fell over and landed right across the bath rim. Didn't hurt at the time but by fuck it was sore for months after.

over a year ago

I’m having to relearn the whole drinking thing, and not doing it very well at the moment. My hangover after the Manchester Social was a bit nasty and took me a while to recover from. But yes my mind still thinks I’m 20 just my body tells me differently. Took me a few days to recover from what I would have been over the next day. X

By *icky-discoMan
over a year ago

oxford

"I turned 50 this week and I totally get the hangover thing some drinks are a no no now if you have them you feel like death for days not worth it anymore

Are you still recovering now lol

Peach x"

Sort of I’m going away for a short 4 day break on Friday

over a year ago

Peach x

Do what...??

Peach x

I fell over and landed right across the bath rim. Didn't hurt at the time but by fuck it was sore for months after. "

Damn the person that moved that bath into your path...

Peach x

over a year ago

"I’m having to relearn the whole drinking thing, and not doing it very well at the moment. My hangover after the Manchester Social was a bit nasty and took me a while to recover from. But yes my mind still thinks I’m 20 just my body tells me differently. Took me a few days to recover from what I would have been over the next day. X "

Gutted I missed you dancing on the tables Angie

Peach x

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

As I'm just about still in the 40s club phew I thought I'd better post some inain kinda shit. The abserlut worst thing about getting old for me is every day some cunt keeps looking at me in the mirror who's the double of my dad and that so winds me up. Other than that I'm growing old disgracefully and loving it

over a year ago

"I’m having to relearn the whole drinking thing, and not doing it very well at the moment. My hangover after the Manchester Social was a bit nasty and took me a while to recover from. But yes my mind still thinks I’m 20 just my body tells me differently. Took me a few days to recover from what I would have been over the next day. X

Gutted I missed you dancing on the tables Angie

Peach x"

Ha ha, yes the tables were safe this time x

over a year ago

"As I'm just about still in the 40s club phew I thought I'd better post some inain kinda shit. The abserlut worst thing about getting old for me is every day some cunt keeps looking at me in the mirror who's the double of my dad and that so winds me up. Other than that I'm growing old disgracefully and loving it "

You're a disgrace and I love it

Peach x

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"As I'm just about still in the 40s club phew I thought I'd better post some inain kinda shit. The abserlut worst thing about getting old for me is every day some cunt keeps looking at me in the mirror who's the double of my dad and that so winds me up. Other than that I'm growing old disgracefully and loving it

You're a disgrace and I love it

Peach x"

I got to say your smashing it your good selves to

over a year ago

It's a strange one, looking at turning 40. I don't look in too bad shape for it at least.

Workwise I do around 35-45,000 steps a day,(around a marathon, checking my relevant app) often for 10-20 consecutive days whilst carrying, lifting and locking heavy components (50-200kg though at least we tend to get 3 lads on the heaviest weights!) into place. I work with late teens to early 40s generally and can outlift most of the younger ones. Though I tend to work smart when it comes to having to leap up a three foot difference in floor height carrying said items, rather than some misplaced macho pride of simply jumping up whilst carrying I'll tend to chuck a mid-level board down and use it as a step (once it's down everyone else uses it too, so it's not just me, but they never think of putting it there to start with!)

After work I ache more than some of the kids, but applying pain-relieving gels and placing a hot water bottle on strained muscles usually means I'm as ready to go as ever the next morning!

I stretch more as it's part of knowing how to maintain myself.

When it comes to socialising with sex or alcohol I can work on little to no sleep for 2 or 3 days, though after that I'll crash for a good 8 or 9 hours to "reset myself". I tend to be less the worse for wear after drinking than the kids, but I put this down to cramming myself with food beforehand and taking in water during, whereas they don't and knowing how to keep myself at that happy tipsy level? A lot of kids now just stuff booze in on an empty stomach then use 'pharmaceuticals' to get back on their feet again.

Sex-wise I haven't suffered in the slightest, I still have the stamina I had 20 years ago and put that down to having an active lifestyle.

Though while I'll probably keep a good workout schedule throughout life I don't imagine I'll be doing this job in 20 years time when I'm looking at 60...

over a year ago

I'm 26 and it takes me 2 days to recover from a night out!!! I feel like an old granny most days, I'm living in hope that "life begins at 40"

Post new Message to Thread