Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

DNR

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do Not Resuscitate

Just watching the One Show and a woman has that tattooed on her chest so that if the time ever came people are clear of her wishes...

When i worked in a Nursing Home a nurse on night shift resuscitated a patient that requested not to be.. she lived for a further 3 years with no quality of life and expensive fee's. OOOPS

Im a believer that when its my time to go, i will go. Do you have any views on this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I dread getting old and not being able to look after myself, i would hate it. Also see how a lot of old people get treated, like they are rubish. I wouldnt want to be resuscitated.

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"Do Not Resuscitate

Just watching the One Show and a woman has that tattooed on her chest so that if the time ever came people are clear of her wishes...

When i worked in a Nursing Home a nurse on night shift resuscitated a patient that requested not to be.. she lived for a further 3 years with no quality of life and expensive fee's. OOOPS

Im a believer that when its my time to go, i will go. Do you have any views on this?"

Nope. It's your life. Good luck.

over a year ago

hubby, All my family know i have a

D N R but the wife will not let me tattoo it on my chest but it is in my SOS medi tad

over a year ago

If a medical professional is present when somebody goes into cardiac arrest, they can conceivably be prosecuted for medical neglect if they don't attempt to resuscitate. Also, by law, a "do not resuscitate" notice has to be clearly noted on someone's medical record and attested to by their own GP. If they arrested in the street, they wouldn't have this info on them and the above would apply to the first medic on scene.

over a year ago

"If a medical professional is present when somebody goes into cardiac arrest, they can conceivably be prosecuted for medical neglect if they don't attempt to resuscitate. Also, by law, a "do not resuscitate" notice has to be clearly noted on someone's medical record and attested to by their own GP. If they arrested in the street, they wouldn't have this info on them and the above would apply to the first medic on scene.

"

the only time i do not wear my medi tad is when i am at home. As i travel most days

over a year ago

my mum had had 7 heart attacks and 2 by passes she is nearly 80 and definitely decided to have DNR on her medical records ,she has been through enough medical interventions in her life and doesnt want to spend any more time in hospital or in a home .. i love my mum dearly but i agree with her and so does my sister ..i really hope she just goes quietly in her sleep ....but shes not going yet i hope, im taking her on a cruise in december and shes paying !!!

over a year ago

"If a medical professional is present when somebody goes into cardiac arrest, they can conceivably be prosecuted for medical neglect if they don't attempt to resuscitate. Also, by law, a "do not resuscitate" notice has to be clearly noted on someone's medical record and attested to by their own GP. If they arrested in the street, they wouldn't have this info on them and the above would apply to the first medic on scene.

the only time i do not wear my medi tad is when i am at home. As i travel most days"

It still isn't a legal notification of non-resuscitation as it will not contain the 2 signatures needed for an ambulance crew to stop resus. Speak to your gp about DNR options - there are very few.

By *urreyfun2008Man
over a year ago

East Grinstead

Some 21 years since last encountered DNR, left NHS a couple of years later, but was only aware of one patient in some 5 years of Nuclear Medicine (may have been others where I was not privy to info), but there was a note on scan form, and referral to the notes.

Unfortunately the old and clearly not well person, drifted away quietly under our care. Semed much better than the chaos that can ensue with a crash situation.

Hardest part was meeting the family to take them to visit their relative.

DNR - if I get to the point of being immobile, but still have an active brain would rather continue, as long as not in constant pain.

In terms of the law, so long as safeguards to counter families trying to 'off' relatives, then is reasonable.

over a year ago

We are living this now. Kate's mom is terminally ill and doctors started "end of life care" 8 days ago. They told us that the end is imminant and usually comes within days of commencing "end of life care".

Sad times for us at the moment

over a year ago

"We are living this now. Kate's mom is terminally ill and doctors started "end of life care" 8 days ago. They told us that the end is imminant and usually comes within days of commencing "end of life care".

I know how you feel my parents both died of cancer.

("

over a year ago

Aye anyone brings me back and they would be dead xx

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple
over a year ago

Lisburn

"We are living this now. Kate's mom is terminally ill and doctors started "end of life care" 8 days ago. They told us that the end is imminant and usually comes within days of commencing "end of life care".

Sad times for us at the moment "

thoughts with you both. went through that with my dad xx

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

thoughts with you both. went through that with my dad xx"

I was going through this 10 years ago with my Mum, my thought and prayers for a peaceful end are with you

Post new Message to Thread