Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Protesters

Jump to newest

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman
over a year ago

evesham

obviously this is off the back of the news items regarding Dale Farm but its not about the issue of the eviction, i dont know enough about the facts to start a discussion about that

my querie is this - are the protesters not guilty of entrapment by doing things that place themselves in danger should anyone move them?

one person had locked herself tp the scaffolding using d lock for a bike round her neck, another had concreted his arm into a barrell!!!

i may have had a crap day at work and got wound up listening to the news on the way home but i couldnt give a crap if they get injured - its their own stupid fault!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The protesters are the usual bunch of concerned liberals, far left and unemployed anarchists who attach themselves to any cause that involves a minority irrelevant of the right or wrong of the issue

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/09/11 18:26:53]

over a year ago

I don’t know the rights and wrongs of this particular situation.. So I don't feel qualified to pass judgement on the actions of either side

But I kinda guess we all owe a dept of gratitude to people who are prepared to sacrifice their own safety to demonstrate against what they believe are abuse’s of civil liberty…

Emily Pankhurst , Rosa Parks, for instance!!!

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman
over a year ago

evesham

protesting is fine, i'm not against their right to protest, its the tactics they employ that i am questionning

By *ce-2uMan
over a year ago

winsford,Chester & wirral

if you or i built 51 homes without planning consent we would be kicked off the land.

over a year ago

I guess when a person or group of people feel the weight of establishment is against them,

They might feel drawn to using desperate tactics ....

I don't condone what they do!!

I just feel its poorly managed situation that’s been allowed to develop to this point…

over a year ago

"obviously this is off the back of the news items regarding Dale Farm but its not about the issue of the eviction, i dont know enough about the facts to start a discussion about that

my querie is this - are the protesters not guilty of entrapment by doing things that place themselves in danger should anyone move them?

one person had locked herself tp the scaffolding using d lock for a bike round her neck, another had concreted his arm into a barrell!!!

i may have had a crap day at work and got wound up listening to the news on the way home but i couldnt give a crap if they get injured - its their own stupid fault!!! "

Many are just anti govr protestors and will fight for any cause no matter what it is. I have no problems them doing this but any claiming job seekers allowance should have it stopped. The sad part though is it is going to cost hundreds of thousands to remove them and it will come out of local council taxes and the local people will suffer.

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"I guess when a person or group of people feel the weight of establishment is against them,

They might feel drawn to using desperate tactics ....

I don't condone what they do!!

I just feel its poorly managed situation that’s been allowed to develop to this point…

"

Isn't ten years enough?

Wouldn't it be spiffing if the aithorities concreted the persons leg into a barrel of concrete to.

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

authorities and too

PS Soxy, how big is YOUR garden?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"if you or i built 51 homes without planning consent we would be kicked off the land. "

My sentiments exactly. They should be moronic lobotomised sheep like the rest of us.

over a year ago

"authorities and too

"

Yes I agree, ten year is far to long for the authorities to allow a situation like this to develop and hardly a great advert for their management skills either!!

Erm Rushmoon… !!

My garden if fully occupied with an assortment of gnomes elves and pixies ( But obviously I have a strict no fairies allowed policy in force!)…and the only vacant space I have, is specially reserved for unicorns looking for overnight parking

over a year ago

"authorities and too

Yes I agree, ten year is far to long for the authorities to allow a situation like this to develop and hardly a great advert for their management skills either!!

Erm Rushmoon… !!

My garden if fully occupied with an assortment of gnomes elves and pixies ( But obviously I have a strict no fairies allowed policy in force!)…and the only vacant space I have, is specially reserved for unicorns looking for overnight parking

"

Don`t ferget the fauns Soxy..

Needing respite along the Way

over a year ago

10 year is too long, but I guess that's the risk they take when a new government comes along with different ideas.

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"10 year is too long, but I guess that's the risk they take when a new government comes along with different ideas. "

8.5 to go then.

over a year ago

"Don`t ferget the fauns Soxy..

Needing respite along the Way "

I will resist all temptation to make a "Fornication Drive Though" joke here….

Even though I feel utterly set-up too do so!!!!

By *ne-just4funMan
over a year ago

Southampton

"10 year is too long, but I guess that's the risk they take when a new government comes along with different ideas. "

You've got to remember this has been through every appeal court known to man, that's what's taken the time.

over a year ago

"Don`t ferget the fauns Soxy..

Needing respite along the Way

I will resist all temptation to make a "Fornication Drive Though" joke here….

Even though I feel utterly set-up too do so!!!!

"

Its hauntingly surreal isn`t it....a bower lit by fireflies...the Elves lieing down on thistledown...the fruit of their amourous intent inside them....

Mr Gnome...the irasible blackguard..

Hmm...yer can tell I`m into this haha...

Anyways Soxy...yer garden sounds divine...reminds me of Austria

over a year ago

"

Its hauntingly surreal isn`t it....a bower lit by fireflies...the Elves lieing down on thistledown...the fruit of their amourous intent inside them....

Anyways Soxy...yer garden sounds divine...reminds me of Austria "

I’m impressed…

There was me thinking you’d associate Gnomes as only being fit to stand by the pond with their rods proudly erect,

….. Oh well….!.

But apart from that, the only thing you missed out, was the Alpine yodelling backing-tape I have playing twice nightly, which adds a certain ambience!!!

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"

I’m impressed…

There was me thinking you’d associate Gnomes as only being fit to stand by the pond with their rods proudly erect,

….. Oh well….!.

But apart from that, the only thing you missed out, was the Alpine yodelling backing-tape I have playing twice nightly, which adds a certain ambience!!!

"

and there was me thinking those were your latest "virgin" meets.

is Zurich well represented in yer garden?

over a year ago

"

I’m impressed…

….. Oh well….!.

"

Sheesh Soxy...there was me painting ALL gnomes with the same brush...I`m chastened...and moist dewdrops embrace an eyelash...

The only thing that can improve this glorious vista....is some Europop aficiandos....lighting the diaphonous sky with the luminescense (sic) of their zippos...

It will be a contempary take on St Elmos Fire...

I shall dream in luxuriany splendour tonight

Anyhows...bless the Suffrugettes indeed

over a year ago

"

I’m impressed…

….. Oh well….!.

and there was me thinking those were your latest "virgin" meets.

is Zurich well represented in yer garden?"

Rushy,,,,

I don’t want to give the impression that it’s entirely about alpine horns and goat herding type surroundings,,,

It’s has a cosmopolitan feel to it too….. I mean don’t worry, you’d feel quite at home there!!!

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

FFS there's now an injunction to stop the evictions.

over a year ago

"

FFS there's now an injunction to stop the evictions. "

Its a slow news day ....

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"

Its a slow news day ...."

Not half.

over a year ago

"

Its a slow news day ....

Not half. "

They shoot pigeons...don`t they !!

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"

Its a slow news day ....

Not half.

They shoot pigeons...don`t they !! "

Horses.

Post new Message to Thread