Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Peoples correct age

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why do people lye about there ages on fab. 1 year out,ok but why. 2 years,emm ok. But 5 like i had the outher day. She definatly wasnt 55 like she said. Old pictures as well. Shame

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Some people cetainly have had tough paper rounds

By *alkirkbairnMan
over a year ago

Grangemouth

There's one guy I know on here who had been between 50-52 for the last 10yr lol

over a year ago

We don't talk about that here

over a year ago

I met my partner on here 2 years ago, at the time my age limits were 21-40...he was listed as 39, but was actually 45. He came clean after a couple of weeks and I didn't care. I'm glad he knocked a couple of years off initially as I probably wouldn't have opened that first message otherwise. To be fair, he looks a good 10 years younger than he is though

over a year ago

I've found it both ways that younger guys make themselves older to attract cougars and older guys make themselves younger to get younger women. It's usually only the older guys who get stroppy when you mention it lol

I've also had guys send pics loaded over 5 years ago saying they haven't changed!!!

One guy claimed his was within last 12 months then I found it was his facebook profile pic in 2009 x

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Never felt the need to lie about my age or anything else... What's the point? When you meet someone its going to be obvious you lied. I dislike being lied to about such things too... If I meet someone and find they've lied about age, height, etc., I'm outta there...

over a year ago

"I met my partner on here 2 years ago, at the time my age limits were 21-40...he was listed as 39, but was actually 45. He came clean after a couple of weeks and I didn't care. I'm glad he knocked a couple of years off initially as I probably wouldn't have opened that first message otherwise. To be fair, he looks a good 10 years younger than he is though "
I understand that. But this lady wasted mine and her time as when we met i wouldnt have met her

over a year ago

"I met my partner on here 2 years ago, at the time my age limits were 21-40...he was listed as 39, but was actually 45. He came clean after a couple of weeks and I didn't care. I'm glad he knocked a couple of years off initially as I probably wouldn't have opened that first message otherwise. To be fair, he looks a good 10 years younger than he is though I understand that. But this lady wasted mine and her time as when we met i wouldnt have met her"

Totally get that...I've been lied to regarding age before and it's not gone so well. I'd be a hypocrite if i said I was totally against it though after meeting my man...

over a year ago

"I've found it both ways that younger guys make themselves older to attract cougars and older guys make themselves younger to get younger women. It's usually only the older guys who get stroppy when you mention it lol

I've also had guys send pics loaded over 5 years ago saying they haven't changed!!!

One guy claimed his was within last 12 months then I found it was his facebook profile pic in 2009 x"

This is deception and stupid. Did you meet with him or brand him as a lyer and probably married when saying single

over a year ago

I met a guy who claimed to be 36. He was in his 50's in reality. Looked completely different in his pics. This is going back a while, to when I was quite new to the site and a little naive. People lying about their age is one of my pet peeves.

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple
over a year ago

Chester

I suppose if your trying to attract purely on profile then many lie, plenty by 10yrs and if haven't worn well that makes for a scary meet. Were honest as were clubs only so its face to face if attraction its regardless of age - we then connect on here Fi x

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Why do people lye about there ages on fab. 1 year out,ok but why. 2 years,emm ok. But 5 like i had the outher day. She definatly wasnt 55 like she said. Old pictures as well. Shame

"

Hope you left one another nice veri’s!!

over a year ago

"Why do people lye about there ages on fab. 1 year out,ok but why. 2 years,emm ok. But 5 like i had the outher day. She definatly wasnt 55 like she said. Old pictures as well. Shame

Hope you left one another nice veri’s!! "

I couldnt as unvaried myself but she was polite. Never got to bed thow

over a year ago

Some of us have aged well... All my pictures are within the last 12 months, except the one when I was 21, which is on there for laughs

over a year ago

"I've found it both ways that younger guys make themselves older to attract cougars and older guys make themselves younger to get younger women. It's usually only the older guys who get stroppy when you mention it lol

One guy claimed his was within last 12 months then I found it was his facebook profile pic in 2009 x This is deception and stupid. Did you meet with him or brand him as a lyer and probably married when saying single"

I'd met him before finding out but was blocked when I challenged him later, he's since had a new profile using his more attractive dead brothers pics which I found appalling and was again blocked when challenged.

I've had a nasty message & been blocked for challenging a guy who claimed to be 33 but looked around 45 definitely a hard paper round if it was correct!

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"

I was invited round to one woman's flat a few years ago, who purported to be 51. When she opened the door I almost asked if her daughter was in! Turned out she was around 65. I learned a lot about better clarity in profiles that day

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"Never felt the need to lie about my age or anything else... What's the point? When you meet someone its going to be obvious you lied. I dislike being lied to about such things too... If I meet someone and find they've lied about age, height, etc., I'm outta there... "

What's the point? I know one guy locally, who puts himself down as 44, so that he can slide under most people's upper age limit of 45. He has rejoined at least three times that I know of, always as 44 years old. He is currently 53 I believe, and is successful in getting meets

over a year ago

I was honest about my age but people think I'm younger than my age not older lol x

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

If they look the age they say they are, I don’t really care. Not here to meet a husband or boyfriend so if we connect and have great sex it’s fine by me. There’s worse things people lie about.

over a year ago

I don't see the point personally.

over a year ago

"If they look the age they say they are, I don’t really care. Not here to meet a husband or boyfriend so if we connect and have great sex it’s fine by me. There’s worse things people lie about. "

Same. I can't really tell ages anyway. They may be within my 'preferred age range' but I might not fancy them.

People lie to get a fuck. It's not a surprise.

By *ary for funMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Hands up,it's a fair cop.........guilty as charged!! Changed mine by ten yes less to get a meet where you obviously had to be younger than what I am.....didn't work.....no meet,do not appear to be able to change it back!!! Oh well,the ignorance of us young uns??

over a year ago

"If they look the age they say they are, I don’t really care. Not here to meet a husband or boyfriend so if we connect and have great sex it’s fine by me. There’s worse things people lie about.

Same. I can't really tell ages anyway. They may be within my 'preferred age range' but I might not fancy them.

People lie to get a fuck. It's not a surprise. "

I can see were you two are coming from. But i looked at her pictures and thought. Core you are alright. But got shouted at when we met and i thought really. Sorry but no

over a year ago

"Hands up,it's a fair cop.........guilty as charged!! Changed mine by ten yes less to get a meet where you obviously had to be younger than what I am.....didn't work.....no meet,do not appear to be able to change it back!!! Oh well,the ignorance of us young uns??"

Considering you have that you are 42 in your profile text, I'm doubtful that you intended to change it back anyway.

over a year ago

Maybe we should cheat a little as we are falling outside so many people's age limits lol. Nah honesty is best policy !

over a year ago

"Hands up,it's a fair cop.........guilty as charged!! Changed mine by ten yes less to get a meet where you obviously had to be younger than what I am.....didn't work.....no meet,do not appear to be able to change it back!!! Oh well,the ignorance of us young uns??

Considering you have that you are 42 in your profile text, I'm doubtful that you intended to change it back anyway. "

see what i mean. Had a hard papper round

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"Never felt the need to lie about my age or anything else... What's the point? When you meet someone its going to be obvious you lied. I dislike being lied to about such things too... If I meet someone and find they've lied about age, height, etc., I'm outta there...

What's the point? I know one guy locally, who puts himself down as 44, so that he can slide under most people's upper age limit of 45. He has rejoined at least three times that I know of, always as 44 years old. He is currently 53 I believe, and is successful in getting meets "

Obviously it doesn't bother the people he meets... Perhaps he tells them before they meet? I get why people lie on their profiles if they're attached for example and simply don't want to risk being identified. I actually have no issue with that as long as the person is honest with me if we're going to meet. But one of my very first social meets was with a guy pretending to be approx 15 years younger than he was, and using old pics. I didn't recognise him when we met!!!!

over a year ago

"If they look the age they say they are, I don’t really care. Not here to meet a husband or boyfriend so if we connect and have great sex it’s fine by me. There’s worse things people lie about.

People lie to get a fuck. It's not a surprise. "

I think a lot are for filters...but as long as people come clean at the earliest opportunity. All's well

By *ary for funMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Hands up,it's a fair cop.........guilty as charged!! Changed mine by ten yes less to get a meet where you obviously had to be younger than what I am.....didn't work.....no meet,do not appear to be able to change it back!!! Oh well,the ignorance of us young uns??

Considering you have that you are 42 in your profile text, I'm doubtful that you intended to change it back anyway. "

. Turned 53 end of October

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Someone on here who was 52 to my 47 when we met. Whilst I'm now 57 he's 50!

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Annoying isn't it.

over a year ago

"Never felt the need to lie about my age or anything else... What's the point? When you meet someone its going to be obvious you lied. I dislike being lied to about such things too... If I meet someone and find they've lied about age, height, etc., I'm outta there...

What's the point? I know one guy locally, who puts himself down as 44, so that he can slide under most people's upper age limit of 45. He has rejoined at least three times that I know of, always as 44 years old. He is currently 53 I believe, and is successful in getting meets

Obviously it doesn't bother the people he meets... Perhaps he tells them before they meet? I get why people lie on their profiles if they're attached for example and simply don't want to risk being identified. I actually have no issue with that as long as the person is honest with me if we're going to meet. But one of my very first social meets was with a guy pretending to be approx 15 years younger than he was, and using old pics. I didn't recognise him when we met!!!!"

This is my 2nd time on fab. 1st time i was meeting a laddy and an hr before the meet she sent me a message to take a selfie and send on watsap. I did to prove i wasnt a fake. Glad i did. Was one of the best meets ive had on fab. Good idea if you unsure on the person. Aparantly she done this for security as well. Good idea

over a year ago

"Annoying isn't it."

over a year ago

A few years either side is okay with me.

Anything more, than the person is either deluding themselves or they're trying to get around filters.

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

I never lie about my age and why should i.I don't see the point .I know lots do it just to get into someones profile .but if you are going to lie about some little number what other tricks are you hiding up your sleeve

over a year ago

"I never lie about my age and why should i.I don't see the point .I know lots do it just to get into someones profile .but if you are going to lie about some little number what other tricks are you hiding up your sleeve "

Like the one under the skirt?

By *iSTARessWoman
over a year ago

London

Only time I've lied about my age is getting into clubs before I was 18. Really don't see the point.

Though I have noticed a huge drop off in messages since I turned 40. Which is probably a good thing. Keeps the fickle away.

over a year ago

"I never lie about my age and why should i.I don't see the point .I know lots do it just to get into someones profile .but if you are going to lie about some little number what other tricks are you hiding up your sleeve "

over a year ago

I've never lied about my age

The day I need to lie about it to get a meet is the day I give up meeting

I do find it funny on here and dating sites how people take a good 10 years or more off their age

Wrong I know but when I question their age and they insist they are that age I do recommend a fab anti ageing/wrinkle cream

over a year ago

"Some people cetainly have had tough paper rounds "
and then went on the milk rounds lol

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

We are the ages we say we are but have met quite a few folk who's ages well, let's say haven't been typed correctly.

One has been 42 for at least the last three years and they now have grey hair but their profile has brown??

Not that being older or younger has any affect on their mental age though

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/12/17 14:47:46]

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

I should put that I’m 90, then people would say I look good for my age

over a year ago

So say you've been on here 5 years does your profile retain the age of when you joined?

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"So say you've been on here 5 years does your profile retain the age of when you joined?

"

It updates as per your date of birth

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

Obviously it doesn't bother the people he meets... Perhaps he tells them before they meet? I get why people lie on their profiles if they're attached for example and simply don't want to risk being identified. I actually have no issue with that as long as the person is honest with me if we're going to meet. But one of my very first social meets was with a guy pretending to be approx 15 years younger than he was, and using old pics. I didn't recognise him when we met!!!!"

Apparently he is very well hung, and this fact probably excuses his age skullduggery

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Obviously it doesn't bother the people he meets... Perhaps he tells them before they meet? I get why people lie on their profiles if they're attached for example and simply don't want to risk being identified. I actually have no issue with that as long as the person is honest with me if we're going to meet. But one of my very first social meets was with a guy pretending to be approx 15 years younger than he was, and using old pics. I didn't recognise him when we met!!!!

Apparently he is very well hung, and this fact probably excuses his age skullduggery "

Hung isn't everything lol

over a year ago

"So say you've been on here 5 years does your profile retain the age of when you joined?

"

It changs when you have your birthday, as you put your date of birth in when you join

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

My age is 40...cough... cough..something and written correctly on my hidden profile But I tell anyone who asks that I'm 25, it's a standing joke to those who know me.

Have been sent pic of guys who swear they are in their 40s but you can easily add 10-15 years to that going by their pics.

over a year ago

"

Yep so true you look nearly as old as me. For heavens sake !!

over a year ago

I don't lie about my age but i know i could get away with knocking a good ten years off it at least. Apart from the wrinkles, sagging skin, thinning pate, greying beard...and did i mention the zimmer frame?

over a year ago

With my grey bits..no chance!

over a year ago

We don’t lie about our ages, and as we like to meet people close to our own ages it never seems a problem x

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I got caught out in naivety when I first joined by someone I reckon was at least 15 years older than they claimed and I'm not sure the photos were even of him. Lesson learnt.

I'm lucky that I'm often taken for younger than I am, was a pain when I was younger (got carded until I was late 20's) but reaping the benefits now.

I just think honesty always best

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

Apparently he is very well hung, and this fact probably excuses his age skullduggery

Hung isn't everything lol"

It's what gets mentioned in his veris, not the fact he lied about his age

over a year ago

nope im the age i say i am -

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Mines right. I'm a goooood boy

over a year ago

Alright.... Alright....guilty as charged....I'm 84.

By *a Fee VerteWoman
over a year ago

Limbo

[Removed by poster at 08/12/17 16:49:10]

By *a Fee VerteWoman
over a year ago

Limbo

I seem to have a knack of guessing ages rather well ... my family let me be within one year, older or younger, and get me to guess how old actors, celebs, public figures etc. are all the time. I guess right 9 times out of 10 (and get called a witch for my trouble).

On that (admittedly highly unscientific) basis there does seem to be quite a number of people on here who must have had very hard lives indeed. And regardless of what age they purport to be, they'll likely be judged in the first instant by how they look anyway. It annoys me personally when I think I've spotted age liars ... regardless of them 'still' being attractive or not, because it makes me feel like I'm being taken for a fool being asked to believe an 'age' that's almost certainly ridiculous.

over a year ago

"I met my partner on here 2 years ago, at the time my age limits were 21-40...he was listed as 39, but was actually 45. He came clean after a couple of weeks and I didn't care. I'm glad he knocked a couple of years off initially as I probably wouldn't have opened that first message otherwise. To be fair, he looks a good 10 years younger than he is though I understand that. But this lady wasted mine and her time as when we met i wouldnt have met her"

Ditto. Had a nice time with this guy who was 10 years older than his profile (old pics too). He looked his real age. His punishment for lying? I won't ever meet him again. He tries . Oh and now he's younger than .

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

It changs when you have your birthday, as you put your date of birth in when you join "

Is that why so many go UNLOS then rejoin but remain the same age?

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

If I shave ma goatee off, I get asked for id when I go into a pub at the weekend

over a year ago

Considering you have that you are 42 in your profile text, I'm doubtful that you intended to change it back anyway. . Turned 53 end of October"

You can put in your profile you're in your early fifties.

over a year ago

I've lied on profile. I'm 50 Thursday.

over a year ago

It changs when you have your birthday, as you put your date of birth in when you join

Is that why so many go UNLOS then rejoin but remain the same age? "

Perhaps some do that, yes

over a year ago

"

Yes, fab is a tardis....

over a year ago

People lie on the internet ....?

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"People lie on the internet ....?

"

Say it ain't so

over a year ago

"People lie on the internet ....?

Say it ain't so "

I know!!

Who'd have thunk it

over a year ago

Good question

Why do they

I reckon it's so they can get past age filters .....well it's pretty obvious really so yea

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Lots of people lie about lots of things on Fab.

Our ages are accurate and we have recent photos.

Since we generally meet in clubs, age isn't really an issue, it's just a case of attraction.

Nita

over a year ago

I'm not telling a bunch of strangers my age. I've got accurate pics. You don't like what you see then don't message me.

I'm not doing it to get meets or get round filters . I just don't give out personal information to anyone.

And yes. I am hiding something. My identity from fruit loops. There are plenty on here.

over a year ago

My age is correct .... let's face it ... who would LIE and say they were 49?!!

over a year ago

"I'm not telling a bunch of strangers my age. I've got accurate pics. You don't like what you see then don't message me.

I'm not doing it to get meets or get round filters . I just don't give out personal information to anyone.

And yes. I am hiding something. My identity from fruit loops. There are plenty on here. "

Well said...I agree

over a year ago

"My age is correct .... let's face it ... who would LIE and say they were 49?!! "

Ditto @ 52

over a year ago

"My age is correct .... let's face it ... who would LIE and say they were 49?!! "

52 year old?

over a year ago

You might if you were 50 plus...

Just saying

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

So with you

over a year ago

"My age is correct .... let's face it ... who would LIE and say they were 49?!!

You might if you were 50 plus...

Just saying "

Well I'm not ... counting down the days to my 50th next month AND looking forward to it

over a year ago

"My age is correct .... let's face it ... who would LIE and say they were 49?!!

So with you "

Thanx

Post new Message to Thread