Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I love him but £161 ??

Jump to newest

By *rumpyMcFuckNugget OP   Man
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

As much I adore pooch he's cost me a small fortune today . vet consultation and an injection and blood tests . Now I'm skint and still don't know what the problem is Grrrrrrrrr......

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I take it you don't have kids then?

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Do you not have insurance

over a year ago

Pet insurance, fiver a month but it can take the sting out of situations like this.

I got a mate whose cat needed kemotherapy it cost £1800

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I take it you don't have kids then? "
No I don't

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple
over a year ago

Chester

My cat cost £40 plus £200 to have dental work last week. Teeth not covered on insurane despite having it. Worth every penny tho as she's so content like a different cat - I fear been underlying for years Fi x

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I should have got insurance i know. Stupid of.me really

over a year ago

We pay £56 a month for our 3 poochy's insurance but worth it in the long run, we had a bill for Rosie our Westie last year which was just short of £900

By *pforfun1234562016Couple
over a year ago

leamington spa

We paid 2500 on our dog and he still died but would of spent10000 to have saved him part of the family

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Pet insurance, fiver a month but it can take the sting out of situations like this.

"

Hope he was ok . I better look into this insurance malarky .

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I should have got insurance i know. Stupid of.me really "

Not necessarily. We've had cats for years and the total vets bill for all of them still doesn't add up to what we would have paid in insurance premiums.

I think on balance it's better to pay the equivalent of the premium into a savings account monthly.

over a year ago

Hope pooch is on the mend soon!

By *_Yeah19Couple
over a year ago

Lincoln

"As much I adore pooch he's cost me a small fortune today . vet consultation and an injection and blood tests . Now I'm skint and still don't know what the problem is Grrrrrrrrr......"

I have insurance but he had a pretty existing condition which cost me over a £1000 when I first got him. Didn’t think twice about it though as I would sell all my luxuries if I had to to make sure my boy lives to a ripe old age

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Hope pooch is on the mend soon! "
Thanks strumpet. He's got a skin irritation and he won't stop scratching so I've had to get blood tests done to see if it's an allergy

over a year ago

For Pooch anything but may I suggest good pet insurance

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"As much I adore pooch he's cost me a small fortune today . vet consultation and an injection and blood tests . Now I'm skint and still don't know what the problem is Grrrrrrrrr......

I have insurance but he had a pretty existing condition which cost me over a £1000 when I first got him. Didn’t think twice about it though as I would sell all my luxuries if I had to to make sure my boy lives to a ripe old age "

So would I . He's my main and only companion and shows me more love than nearly all the people I've ever known . The thought of him in pain makes me cry

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

One reason we don't have pets, as lovely as they are they are just another bill.

Yes....I have kids!!!

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"One reason we don't have pets, as lovely as they are they are just another bill.

Yes....I have kids!!!"

I still think a dog is cheaper in the long run lol. Although it didn't feel like it this morning down Riverside

over a year ago

"Hope pooch is on the mend soon! Thanks strumpet. He's got a skin irritation and he won't stop scratching so I've had to get blood tests done to see if it's an allergy "

Oh poor pooch! Give him some extra love from me

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Hope pooch is on the mend soon! Thanks strumpet. He's got a skin irritation and he won't stop scratching so I've had to get blood tests done to see if it's an allergy "

Do you regularly treat him for fleas? We had this problem and after several trips to the vets found he was allergic to flea bites. Using one of those spot on flea treatments regularly cured it!

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Hope pooch is on the mend soon! Thanks strumpet. He's got a skin irritation and he won't stop scratching so I've had to get blood tests done to see if it's an allergy

Do you regularly treat him for fleas? We had this problem and after several trips to the vets found he was allergic to flea bites. Using one of those spot on flea treatments regularly cured it!

"

All checked . He has no fleas I sorted that out early on and the vet checked him this morning just to be sure . His skin is a bit pinker than normal so blood tests had to be done

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Hope pooch is on the mend soon! Thanks strumpet. He's got a skin irritation and he won't stop scratching so I've had to get blood tests done to see if it's an allergy

All checked . He has no fleas I sorted that out early on and the vet checked him this morning just to be sure . His skin is a bit pinker than normal so blood tests had to be done "

Poor thing

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Oh poor pooch! Give him some extra love from me "

I will tell him

over a year ago

"One reason we don't have pets, as lovely as they are they are just another bill.

Yes....I have kids!!! I still think a dog is cheaper in the long run lol. Although it didn't feel like it this morning down Riverside "

With 3 kids and 20 years in it's in the 100000's now

over a year ago

PM'd you Op xx

By *eather_Loves_SexWoman
over a year ago

Halfway Between London and Brighton

our neighbours dog is allergic to grass seed - he scratches like mad - they give him quarter to half of a piriton tablet and it really helps xx ( if you have to buy some don’t say it’s for your dog they won’t be able to sell it to you)

over a year ago

My last dog cost £2600 all covered by insurance. Worth every penny. People will insure there car fully comp incase they need to clame but wont insure a pet. Emm

By *sRedbbwWoman
over a year ago

Amwythig

Ours gets a flea allergy too, so we use the spot on stuff from vetmedic website, it's cheaper!

I've got the full house - kids, cat and dog! Hate to see any of them suffer.

over a year ago

Product called Stinky Stuff is superb , get it on Amazon, help our Westie no end x

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Thanks for all your lovely comments and advice . Good to see people love their pets as much as I do . Cheers everyone

over a year ago

"As much I adore pooch he's cost me a small fortune today . vet consultation and an injection and blood tests . Now I'm skint and still don't know what the problem is Grrrrrrrrr......"

Aww give pooch a belly tickle from me

Pets can be expensive but there worth every penny x

over a year ago

"I should have got insurance i know. Stupid of.me really

Not necessarily. We've had cats for years and the total vets bill for all of them still doesn't add up to what we would have paid in insurance premiums.

I think on balance it's better to pay the equivalent of the premium into a savings account monthly."

That's what I do for Simon cat. The horse.... well, today his insurance is due - £800 pa

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"As much I adore pooch he's cost me a small fortune today . vet consultation and an injection and blood tests . Now I'm skint and still don't know what the problem is Grrrrrrrrr......

Pets can be expensive but there worth every penny x"

Oh he still wants his belly rubs wherever . Cheers

By *tarbeckCouple
over a year ago

york

"My cat cost £40 plus £200 to have dental work last week. Teeth not covered on insurane despite having it. Worth every penny tho as she's so content like a different cat - I fear been underlying for years Fi x"
going to check my insurrance one of mine needs some dental work

over a year ago

Pets can be expensive but there worth every penny x Oh he still wants his belly rubs wherever . Cheers "

Anytime

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Pets can be expensive but there worth every penny x Oh he still wants his belly rubs wherever . Cheers

Anytime "

over a year ago

Wow, £56 a month, that’s £600 plus a year so 15 years circa £9,000.

They’re not going to cost that much in vets bills over their lifetime unless you’re very, very unlucky. I don’t bother with Cat Insurance and I work in Insurance/finance.

By *elma and ShaggyCouple
over a year ago

Bedworth

After a £1000 vet bill (borrowed from my mum) for one of my cats I quickly learned that insurance is a must.

A few years later my dog got out and got hit by a car. He needed orthopaedic surgery which cost £3500 without the insurance I would have had no other option than to have him put down as I couldn’t have found or borrowed that amount of money.

Now my cats are getting older (oldest is 14) I’m considering cancelling the insurance as it’s getting more and more expensive, with more co pay clauses and less cover. I’m considering saving heavily for their future care instead.

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

[Removed by poster at 08/12/17 11:41:11]

over a year ago

Both of our dogs incurred thousands in vet bills. Luckily insurance covered most of it, but we won't be having any more. Couldn't even get insurance for the kids so we had to bear that. No more kids either!

over a year ago

I've never had a pet and probably never will and I understand dogs and cats only live 16/17 years on average so upset comes hand in hand with inviting them into your life but having had a little experience of the delights of a pet through women friends ,the pleasure they give you even for the short time you get can be worth all the expense and heart ache

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

The forums should have a button to block someone from a thread . Grrrrrrr.......

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Hope pooch will be ok.

The money... it don't matter. Pooch is worth it. They always are.

over a year ago

Pet insurance is the biggest get up going , every average trip to the vet ie, walking through the door and getting a jab / pills for your pooch or pussy costs about £60, most firms have £50 excess so you never bother claiming.

Then like someone said earlier you get a £260 bill for your cats teeth and find they don’t include dental bills !

over a year ago

Yes....I have kids!!! I still think a dog is cheaper in the long run lol. Although it didn't feel like it this morning down Riverside "

That would depend on what your dog chews up.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/12/17 12:27:13]

over a year ago

"Pet insurance, fiver a month but it can take the sting out of situations like this.

Hope he was ok . I better look into this insurance malarky ."

Just be aware that insurance companies won't cover for an already existing health issue.

over a year ago

I think on balance it's better to pay the equivalent of the premium into a savings account monthly."

agree 100% here. Pay monthly and your pet may never need treatment. At least it's there in the bank if need be. Not making some insurance bosses even richer x

By *orthatry84Couple
over a year ago

cardiff

As someone in the veterinary industry this thread is such a welcome relief, so many threads like this end up vet-bashing about costs and how they don’t care when in honesty it absolutely breaks so many of us over time.

Insurance can be a godsend, the savings idea is great but isn’t much help if they are hit by a car young and need thousands of pounds worth of care if you only have a couple of hundreds in the savings account. It also allows us to actually do all we can for them without spending every spare minute worrying about costs for you.

OP - insurance may not help you with any skin problems in future now it has been flagged as an issue but I hope you get a nice easy answer from the blood tests, it can happen!

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Just be aware that insurance companies won't cover for an already existing health issue. "

Well I better hope his blood tests come back ok . Thanks for the heads up

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

"We paid 2500 on our dog and he still died but would of spent10000 to have saved him part of the family"

I must be heartless, I couldn't. Ms

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

1 of mine got out a few weeks ago £480 because the dog worded picked him up seconds before I got there. Then a run up to Manchester dogs home only to find the had just moved her to anther center and yep the van had left 5 min earlyer. Expensive habits these dogs

over a year ago

Just be aware that insurance companies won't cover for an already existing health issue. Well I better hope his blood tests come back ok . Thanks for the heads up "

No problem mate. Hope all turns out ok.

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"1 of mine got out a few weeks ago £480 because the dog worded picked him up seconds before I got there. Then a run up to Manchester dogs home only to find the had just moved her to anther center and yep the van had left 5 min earlyer. Expensive habits these dogs "
But we love em

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"1 of mine got out a few weeks ago £480 because the dog worded picked him up seconds before I got there. Then a run up to Manchester dogs home only to find the had just moved her to anther center and yep the van had left 5 min earlyer. Expensive habits these dogs But we love em "

It's tested at times though

By *ide standMan
over a year ago

Cymau

I had insurance that covered my lucher for £5000 and spent another £1800 on top. They become part of your family

By *rouble1110Woman
over a year ago

Cleveland

Animals sense when your hurt and give kisses and snuggle up to when your down

Unconditional love

Always happy to see you

Good hot water bottle on a cold winter's night

They ask for nothing but to be fed,walked and loved

Know where you stand with them

Have emotions,can sulk,get depressed,smile

I'm sure many more of you can out other comment's like this

The pleasure a pet can give you is unbelievable

Help depression and other ailments

Give's you something to get up for

Have someone to think about bar yourself

Think I've waffled on enough

over a year ago

Hope the blood tests help.

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Hope the blood tests help. "

Me too . At least ill know which is peace of mind for me . Cant stand seeing him constantly being irritated by having to scratch all the time . He looks up at me as if to say help me . So sad

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Animals sense when your hurt and give kisses and snuggle up to when your down

Unconditional love

Always happy to see you

"

You waffle on Chick. I agree with everything you said . The happy tail wagging and kisses when I get home is all I need

over a year ago

Hope the blood tests help. Me too . At least ill know which is peace of mind for me . Cant stand seeing him constantly being irritated by having to scratch all the time . He looks up at me as if to say help me . So sad "

Ah is it skin issues? You can get a special dog shampoo to help with that. Calms the skin. Might be worth a try while they try to figure it out. Can't remember the name of it sorry but it was from the vets. Poor dog.

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Hope the blood tests help. Me too . At least ill know which is peace of mind for me . Cant stand seeing him constantly being irritated by having to scratch all the time . He looks up at me as if to say help me . So sad

Ah is it skin issues? You can get a special dog shampoo to help with that. Calms the skin. Might be worth a try while they try to figure it out. Can't remember the name of it sorry but it was from the vets. Poor dog. "

I have that already . Prescribed by the vet and he has stated that he thinks an allergy is more likely hence the blood tests . Cheers

By *tarbeckCouple
over a year ago

york

I have two , one is a border collie from getting him every now and again he would walk around and around me. Many times i have come around on the floor with him next to me , the vet said he could smell an inbalace in me and told me when he did to make myself safe by laying on the bed , hes has saved me from many bumps and scrapes im epeleptic my dog is a god send

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I have two , one is a border collie from getting him every now and again he would walk around and around me. Many times i have come around on the floor with him next to me , the vet said he could smell an inbalace in me and told me when he did to make myself safe by laying on the bed , hes has saved me from many bumps and scrapes im epeleptic my dog is a god send "
Awww how lovely . Sending kisses to you both xxx

By *tarbeckCouple
over a year ago

york

"I have two , one is a border collie from getting him every now and again he would walk around and around me. Many times i have come around on the floor with him next to me , the vet said he could smell an inbalace in me and told me when he did to make myself safe by laying on the bed , hes has saved me from many bumps and scrapes im epeleptic my dog is a god send Awww how lovely . Sending kisses to you both xxx"
hope all is well with yours xxx

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I take it you don't have kids then? "

...or an irresponsible other half. Banging on the door at 6.30am...bailiffs requiring £661 for what was initially a £60 ticket parking ticket!!!

Someone will be working the weekend to pay me back and get out of the dog house!!!

By *rouble1110Woman
over a year ago

Cleveland

Unconditional love

Always happy to see you

You waffle on Chick. I agree with everything you said . The happy tail wagging and kisses when I get home is all I need "

Awww thanks love,nice bum and bod by the way

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I have two , one is a border collie from getting him every now and again he would walk around and around me. Many times i have come around on the floor with him next to me , the vet said he could smell an inbalace in me and told me when he did to make myself safe by laying on the bed , hes has saved me from many bumps and scrapes im epeleptic my dog is a god send Awww how lovely . Sending kisses to you both xxx hope all is well with yours xxx"
I'm sure he'll be fine . Cheers

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I take it you don't have kids then?

...or an irresponsible other half. Banging on the door at 6.30am...bailiffs requiring £661 for what was initially a £60 ticket parking ticket!!!

Someone will be working the weekend to pay me back and get out of the dog house!!! "

I wouldn't wanna be him today lol

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Unconditional love

Always happy to see you

You waffle on Chick. I agree with everything you said . The happy tail wagging and kisses when I get home is all I need

Awww thanks love,nice bum and bod by the way "

Why thankyou . Much appreciated

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I take it you don't have kids then?

Someone will be working the weekend to pay me back and get out of the dog house!!! I wouldn't wanna be him today lol "

He's hidden all the sharps. Unfortunately for him my tongue is sharper than any forged blade!

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Product called Stinky Stuff is superb , get it on Amazon, help our Westie no end x"

I had a Westie with a skin condition, it seems to be prevalent in that particular breed, because of their waxy skin. She lost a lot of hair, through it, we were always at the vet's and they never could get to the bottom of it.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

£161 is nothing, vets bills can easily run into thousands, get him insured!!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I've removed a LOT of posts.

If people post remarks that are clearly designed to be inflammatory the best thing to do is ignore them and report.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 08/12/17 14:53:00]

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"I've removed a LOT of posts.

If people post remarks that are clearly designed to be inflammatory the best thing to do is ignore them and report.

"

You removed my post that said pretty much what you said!

By *inglehotchickWoman
over a year ago

blackpool

[Removed by poster at 09/12/17 00:43:28]

By *inglehotchickWoman
over a year ago

blackpool

Try paying a vet bill when your horse is sick or injured and I have him insured. ££££

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's a gamble - I've done the same with my pets and not had insurance and didn't need major treatments, so was in pocket. Of someone was unsure about paying big bills, it's effective.

Post new Message to Thread