Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Need to rant! Bloody kids!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I know im ranting in the wrong place but I can't use facebook for this one.......

My 18 yr old is being bullied +++ for being gay! He is at special school and they have finally admitted that PHSE lessons have not included sexuality and my boy is the first student they've had 'come out' or even understand his sexuality BUT their solution is to let him come home early so he doesnt have to see these other kids today! WTF! I'm fuming!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uilder506Man
over a year ago

bognor

Go and speak to the head, that kinda thing isn’t allowed any more

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Straight back to school and see the head to sort it out

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Punch the little bastards.

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"I know im ranting in the wrong place but I can't use facebook for this one.......

My 18 yr old is being bullied +++ for being gay! He is at special school and they have finally admitted that PHSE lessons have not included sexuality and my boy is the first student they've had 'come out' or even understand his sexuality BUT their solution is to let him come home early so he doesnt have to see these other kids today! WTF! I'm fuming! "

What kind of special school is it ?

If the kids there have special needs , they won’t understand your sons position , and maybe the head can’t see a solution other than the one he has implemented for the time being .

It’s a tough one , and in today’s society it shouldn’t happen , but with the current cuts in education etc, especially in special schools there may not be a simple answer .

By *itmanAndHerrCouple
over a year ago

st helens

I'm amazed this method of dealing with problems is allowed to go on in this day and age. Reminds me of the way they dealt with my racist bullies at school in the 80s.

"Boys will be boys but we'll let you leave school 10mins early to avoid the children and the teachers that you're pointing the finger at"

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I know im ranting in the wrong place but I can't use facebook for this one.......

My 18 yr old is being bullied +++ for being gay! He is at special school and they have finally admitted that PHSE lessons have not included sexuality and my boy is the first student they've had 'come out' or even understand his sexuality BUT their solution is to let him come home early so he doesnt have to see these other kids today! WTF! I'm fuming! "

That's awful.

Our son was at mainstream school and systematically bullied by the same kid all the way through.

I suggest you make an appointment to see the head and any individual teachers to discuss this once you've calmed down. Don't accept solutions that you feel aren't good for your son in my experience teachers find bullying hard to deal with and its easier for them to keep the bullied kid out of the way rather than put strategies in place to educate the bullies.

I would also say that you need to find out of its lack of understanding on the part of the people doing the bullying and if there's anything you in conjunction with the school can do to change that.

Good luck.

By *itmanAndHerrCouple
over a year ago

st helens

Theres a website and helpline which might be worth a look at.

It has a forum which would be alot more helpful than this one.

https://www.bullying.co.uk/bullying-at-school/

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thanks all. My boy is luckily one of the 'less disabled' kids for want of a better phrase.

It has been an ongoing since spring and he is dealing with it fairly well but shouldnt have too. I am well aware some of his peers will have a much younger developmental ability/cognitive function but these are kids who can travel independently so that suggests a certain level of ability. Even if they don't understand sexuality they can still be taught respect.

Post new Message to Thread