Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

sending face pics and blocking

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi,

i think its fair to say some dont like sending a face pic unless sure they can trust the other person. If you send one and you dont fancy the other person, just say so, i personally dont care who likes me or not, but when someone asks then just blocks, it seems rude. who knows there motive etc..

I will send anyone a face pic, but if you dont like me, just say so or dont reply,but dont block me you look dodgy.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Blocking does mean they think you're not for them but I understand where you're coming from. There isn't usually an ulterior motive but we only ever send face photos where we're fully clothed.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not sure how it looks dodgy....

I'd assume either they know me or just aren't interested anymore...

Oh well, move on

over a year ago

i really dont mind if not fancied, cos we all have tastes etc, but isnt it polite to say something, id feel really rude.

it was a dressed face pic too, i dont send cock pics

over a year ago

"i really dont mind if not fancied, cos we all have tastes etc, but isnt it polite to say something, id feel really rude.

it was a dressed face pic too, i dont send cock pics "

Nah...a lot of guys try and question why you're not interested, maybe trying to avoid that...

over a year ago

i think the point has been missed, i said i dont mind nor care if not interested, im sure some guys do ask though.

my point is why block, or is it a case some guys dont let go and harrass women?

maybe its hard for me to grasp as i dont send loads of messages or beg for sex etc.

i dont expect anything on here or when go to a club.

yes there are guys like me lol

over a year ago

read again and you didnt mean me lol

over a year ago

Us: sorry, you're not what we're looking for.

Them: why not, you don't even know me.

Us: there's no spark of attraction that would make us want to take contact further.

Them: but give me a chance, you never know 'til you try.

Us: no thanks, we'd rather not.

Then: we'll fuckoff then time waster.

This conversation has happened so many times, that it's much easier to block.

over a year ago

I answered your question....so did others...it's just not the answer you want...

over a year ago

"Us: sorry, you're not what we're looking for.

Them: why not, you don't even know me.

Us: there's no spark of attraction that would make us want to take contact further.

Them: but give me a chance, you never know 'til you try.

Us: no thanks, we'd rather not.

Then: we'll fuckoff then time waster.

This conversation has happened so many times, that it's much easier to block."

You put it much better than I did

over a year ago

filthystrumpet

im not sure why you seem agaisnt me, but i agreed with you. and said i wasnt bothered about what was thought of me,

but the other nice lady has made a great point which makes loads of sense.

i did ask if guys were annoying in general and she proves that, not negative digs at a single guy for the sake of it.

enjoy ya day x

over a year ago

although looking at your profile, it seems youve had every dickhead on here inbox you hence your rules and points, its a shame its like that really.

anyway its surely coffee time x

By *ANDA2Couple
over a year ago

Henley Arden

"Hi,

i think its fair to say some dont like sending a face pic unless sure they can trust the other person. If you send one and you dont fancy the other person, just say so, i personally dont care who likes me or not, but when someone asks then just blocks, it seems rude. who knows there motive etc..

I will send anyone a face pic, but if you dont like me, just say so or dont reply,but dont block me you look dodgy.

"

It depends on the if, how and why you sent the message.

If there was some dialogue between you such as they contacted you or you contacted them. Did the person REQUEST a face photo from you ?

If they asked for a photo and you sent and then they decided they didn't like you. Then yes a short thanks but no thanks reply does seem acceptable

However if you just sent them a face photo in your first 'hi' email WITHOUT their request. Ie like a cold call email.

Then no they don't need need to send you a reply. If they block you it means they don't like you, have no intention of meeting you. They have blocked you to prevent you repeat messaging them.

over a year ago

"filthystrumpet

im not sure why you seem agaisnt me, but i agreed with you. and said i wasnt bothered about what was thought of me,

i did ask if guys were annoying in general and she proves that, not negative digs at a single guy for the sake of it.

enjoy ya day x"

I'm not against you at all sugar, I don't know you...you asked why someone might block you after sending a face pic...

My response was "maybe they just aren't interested".

You then asked why someone wouldn't just say so instead of blocking you...

I then explained that sometimes guys will argue or question why not so it's easier to just block and avoid that.

Not sure where the issue is tbh...

over a year ago

they look at my profile every day, so i said a simple hello, but did say i wasnt what they wanted (sissy boy)

they replied "facepic" so i said ok yes and sent it, that was it.

im the least pushy person here as dont expect or need anything, just good fun and a bonus if things happen.

over a year ago

"filthystrumpet

enjoy ya day x

I'm not against you at all sugar, I don't know you...you asked why someone might block you after sending a face pic...

My response was "maybe they just aren't interested".

You then asked why someone wouldn't just say so instead of blocking you...

I then explained that sometimes guys will argue or question why not so it's easier to just block and avoid that.

Not sure where the issue is tbh..."

there isnt babe, things get taken different when txt written rather than said, x

over a year ago

i dont think it warrants naming and shaming someone, telling people to be careful....be careful of what exactly?

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Blocking avoids endless why not and or abuse.

over a year ago

People block people they aren't interested in so they don't keep showing up in searches n stuff too..try not to take it so personally

By *itmanAndHerrCouple
over a year ago

st helens

"i dont think it warrants naming and shaming someone, telling people to be careful....be careful of what exactly?"

Very unsportsmanlike.

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Fab is not for thin skinned people or fragile egos, so I understand how this can affect some people.

I've been blocked only once after sending a face pic. I sent a wink and a thought out message to a couple who had viewed my profile numerous times and seemed compatible. I attached a face pic. They read, deleted, then proceeded to block. No worries, just move on

over a year ago

ok, so starting to feel like a single guy lynch mob.

il image you ladies have not yet trusted someone with a face pic and been blocked.?

for me the first thought is are they genuine or just want to see who local plays this game. not everyone approves what goes on.

i also run a successful business and if i send a pic its because i thought i could trust the person.

i think the moral of the story is not to unless sure.

but ladies, just because endless guys inbox wanting you doesnt mean every guy is the same or deserves treating any less then how you need to be treated.

over a year ago

"Fab is not for thin skinned people or fragile egos, so I understand how this can affect some people.

I've been blocked only once after sending a face pic. I sent a wink and a thought out message to a couple who had viewed my profile numerous times and seemed compatible. I attached a face pic. They read, deleted, then proceeded to block. No worries, just move on "

I hear ya, im no sensitive, was really asking if its rude or not, it seems to the ladies etc its not.

cheers for chipping in tho bud

By *itmanAndHerrCouple
over a year ago

st helens

If its not a serious enough issue to report to admin then its not a big wnough issue to name and shame.

Sounds like she changed her mind when you sent a face pic. Rather than confronting the uncomfortable situation, she blocked you. Its a bit of a blow to the ego but not worthy of naming and shaming then starting a thread in the knowledge everyone will go read her name on your status.

over a year ago

removed her name as i agree with that,

but again my point was is it normal, its not about my ego at all, im more annoyed if its just someone fishing to see who is on here etc.

that really is the point.

over a year ago

I think the fact that several of us have said we sometimes do the same means it's fairly normal.

Don't take it personally, don't dwell...plenty more fish in the sea as they say

over a year ago

ive run out of bait strumpet lol

By *itmanAndHerrCouple
over a year ago

st helens

"removed her name as i agree with that,

but again my point was is it normal, its not about my ego at all, im more annoyed if its just someone fishing to see who is on here etc.

that really is the point."

Fair plays. But we're all fishing. And those of us who hide our faces till a conversation is in full flow, run the risk of rejection when we show our faces. Its happened to us so we know the "wft" feeling.

We've done it to other people. Albeit slightly differently by simply ignoring them for a little while till the conversation peaters out but its the same thing. Avoiding the uncomfortable scenario of gently explaining we don't find your face attractive enough to continue.

That sounds awful i know. But its the harsh reality. Couple that with 100 messages a day from men then its easier to simply block and forget. Cold but thats the nature of fab.

over a year ago

yeah, i know women get shit loads of messages, but she had been looking for weeks lol. i honestly dont care who likes or doesnt. but my first thought was it could be a false profile or anything. il learn though

haha

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Just send a face pic with any first message you send. Then forget about it. You’ll either get a reply or not.

As a side note, how do the recipients of your messages know you won’t hassle them after a no thanks? Blocking is simply a useful tool this site has provided, it’s not rude to use it.

over a year ago

"ive run out of bait strumpet lol"

I don't need bait....

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"yeah, i know women get shit loads of messages, but she had been looking for weeks lol. i honestly dont care who likes or doesnt. but my first thought was it could be a false profile or anything. il learn though

haha"

just because she'd been looking for weeks doesn't mean she has to meet anyone she's not attracted to

over a year ago

I think some block to avoid the uncomfortable conversation of having to tell someone they are not attracted. I personally wouldn't block. If we've been chatting for a little first, I would just be honest and tell that person that they are not my type. Different users have different approaches. I would just try and let it roll off your back OP and move on to the next person. Knowing that some may just block if they don't like what they see and some will like what they see

over a year ago

"yeah, i know women get shit loads of messages, but she had been looking for weeks lol. i honestly dont care who likes or doesnt. but my first thought was it could be a false profile or anything. il learn though

hahajust because she'd been looking for weeks doesn't mean she has to meet anyone she's not attracted to "

I know.maybe im old fashioned and treat people different. Again...i dont care if not fancied at all. but ask for a pic then block seems rude. but i see the point and you ladies get a rough time here.,

but you all do need to see that my point isnt that i care if fancied cos i dont.

thanks for your input though, ive learned ALOT today.

over a year ago

"ive run out of bait strumpet lol

I don't need bait.... "

lol cheeky x

over a year ago

"I think some block to avoid the uncomfortable conversation of having to tell someone they are not attracted. I personally wouldn't block. If we've been chatting for a little first, I would just be honest and tell that person that they are not my type. Different users have different approaches. I would just try and let it roll off your back OP and move on to the next person. Knowing that some may just block if they don't like what they see and some will like what they see "

because you respect people. but its hard for you ladies isnt it.

over a year ago

"I think some block to avoid the uncomfortable conversation of having to tell someone they are not attracted. I personally wouldn't block. If we've been chatting for a little first, I would just be honest and tell that person that they are not my type. Different users have different approaches. I would just try and let it roll off your back OP and move on to the next person. Knowing that some may just block if they don't like what they see and some will like what they see

because you respect people. but its hard for you ladies isnt it. "

I think it's hard for everyone on here at some point in time. There have been negative experiences for all sexes. I just try and stay true to my own personal values and try not to let some of the negativity bring me down

By *ANDA2Couple
over a year ago

Henley Arden

The OP sent a blind email. The other person requested a face photo and then blocked.

Personally feel after requesting a face photo it is polite to reply with a ' thanks but no thanks' email and then block if they wish to. After all they did ask for the face photo.

But different people use different rules.

Post new Message to Thread