Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

When the snowman brings the snow...

Jump to newest

By *atcherwanker OP   Man
over a year ago

Birmingham

So, who reckons they're gonna get a cheeky Snow Day tomorrow? Speaking as a Midlander, my money's on a crap dusting overnight so I'll still have to drag my arse into work, then it'll absolutely bollock it down at lumchtime, bring the entire city to a standstill, and I'll have a six hour crawl to drive the five miles home.

What's your predictions for your part of the world? Are you polishing your sledges in Wales? Are you already stocking the bunkers with canned food and candles in Scotland? Are you living in fear of the mythical white rain, on the South coast?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"So, who reckons they're gonna get a cheeky Snow Day tomorrow? Speaking as a Midlander, my money's on a crap dusting overnight so I'll still have to drag my arse into work, then it'll absolutely bollock it down at lumchtime, bring the entire city to a standstill, and I'll have a six hour crawl to drive the five miles home.

What's your predictions for your part of the world? Are you polishing your sledges in Wales? Are you already stocking the bunkers with canned food and candles in Scotland? Are you living in fear of the mythical white rain, on the South coast? "

I actually did a little happy dance at the the thought it might actually snow. Despite the fact I live very close to the sea, so the chances are if it does snow it won't be around long. I do remember it sticking a few years back and even the beach had a good covering..

So from a totally impractical point of view I can't bloody wait... I'm more excited about the snow than I am about Christmas as the moment

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

Yorks is set to get some apparently,we are both off though anyway;)

Miss

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I live in a funny little curve on the coast, it's a 'temperate zone' in 20yrs living here, we've had snow fall & settle once. While a few miles inland they can be digging their cars out.

I do miss the snowy Derbyshire winters of my childhood

over a year ago

I predicted a white Christmas earlier this year and I’m Still confident.

As for tomorrow, it’s just gonna be one of those damp slushy type days but Saturday we shall be getting the sledge out

over a year ago

Frosty can fuck right off and keep his snow to himself.

over a year ago

"Yorks is set to get some apparently,we are both off though anyway;)

Miss"

Are we

over a year ago

"Frosty can fuck right off and keep his snow to himself.

"

Grumpy pants

over a year ago

"

Frosty the snowsam

over a year ago

Birmingham

Good to see the fellow snowfans out in force! Boooooo to the naysayers. The world needs more wide-eyed childlike wonder...

By *s_macWoman
over a year ago

Traffic land

"

Yep, this is how I feel too. I’m in the SE and none forecast here as yet

over a year ago

"Good to see the fellow snowfans out in force! Boooooo to the naysayers. The world needs more wide-eyed childlike wonder..."

Hear hear, well said that man!

By *s_macWoman
over a year ago

Traffic land

"Good to see the fellow snowfans out in force! Boooooo to the naysayers. The world needs more wide-eyed childlike wonder..."

I like it if I’m at home all toasty and can stay there until it’s gone

over a year ago

Frosty the snowsam "

Spreading his white stuff everywhere.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

"Yorks is set to get some apparently,we are both off though anyway;)

Miss

Are we "

So i heard ,but it might be wrong

Has been in past

over a year ago

Birmingham

"Good to see the fellow snowfans out in force! Boooooo to the naysayers. The world needs more wide-eyed childlike wonder...

I like it if I’m at home all toasty and can stay there until it’s gone "

Noooo, get yer wellies on and go for a trudge around the park, get in amongst it. I love just standing in the snow and listening to it fall. Have you ever noticed the sound of snow? It makes me feel most tranquil.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Its bound to snow, its the first time in years i don't own a 4x4.

over a year ago

Birmingham

"Its bound to snow, its the first time in years i don't own a 4x4. "

My first car was a hilariously underpowered Skoda Fabia, it was like a mountain goat. Absolutely loved the snow. I used to enjoy watching the fuckers in flashy German cars either fishtailing or completely stationary as their traction control refused to put any power to any of the wheels, as I plodded past without a care in the world. I've not attempted snow in my current Corsa yet, but the old one was fucking useless.

over a year ago

If it snows here tomorrow I'll give every man on this thread a blow job.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Its bound to snow, its the first time in years i don't own a 4x4.

My first car was a hilariously underpowered Skoda Fabia, it was like a mountain goat. Absolutely loved the snow. I used to enjoy watching the fuckers in flashy German cars either fishtailing or completely stationary as their traction control refused to put any power to any of the wheels, as I plodded past without a care in the world. I've not attempted snow in my current Corsa yet, but the old one was fucking useless. "

The handbook clearly says "de-activate traction control" yet still they try. No sympathy for dumb as fuck drivers.

over a year ago

Screw you, some of us have to work in it

over a year ago

"Good to see the fellow snowfans out in force! Boooooo to the naysayers. The world needs more wide-eyed childlike wonder...

Screw you, some of us have to work in it "

Put a big coat on

over a year ago

"If it snows here tomorrow I'll give every man on this thread a blow job. "

Dammit, I've just seen the weather forecast for Barking.

Hopes dashed

By *osweet69Couple
over a year ago

portsmouth

Best place for it is up north.The south comes to a stand still even if we only get a light dusting of the stuff.

over a year ago

"Best place for it is up north.The south comes to a stand still even if we only get a light dusting of the stuff. "

So does the north.

People lose their minds when a snow flake lands on the A50 here.

over a year ago

Birmingham

"If it snows here tomorrow I'll give every man on this thread a blow job. "

Only the men? Sexist!

over a year ago

Birmingham

Screw you, some of us have to work in it "

If you call sitting in the van doing the tradesman's reverse-whistle through your teeth, shaking your head at the snow every so often "working" I suppose...

over a year ago

Please let it snow!!

over a year ago

If you call sitting in the van doing the tradesman's reverse-whistle through your teeth, shaking your head at the snow every so often "working" I suppose..."

over a year ago

Put a big coat on "

I'm already wearing enough layers to add an extra clothing size to me, any more and I won't be able to move my arms

over a year ago

Greedy fuckers up north ALWAYS steal the south east snow and keep it to themselves.... send it Essex way and I will forgive you all

over a year ago

Expecting nothing more than a light dusting at worst, with a predicted windchill of -2 degrees. It's the kind of weather i leave the winter hedge cutting for but it's going to be brass monkeys so spare a thought for me.

over a year ago

My phone tells me it will snow. Experience tells me we will get nothing . Not enough to pretend to be snowed in anyway

over a year ago

Birmingham

"My phone tells me it will snow. Experience tells me we will get nothing . Not enough to pretend to be snowed in anyway "

At least not until you're well and truly at work, and your bosses are dithering over whether to let everyone go early before it gets too heavy for so long it's already too late and the entire country has ground to a halt. Ho Ho Ho!

over a year ago

"My phone tells me it will snow. Experience tells me we will get nothing . Not enough to pretend to be snowed in anyway

At least not until you're well and truly at work, and your bosses are dithering over whether to let everyone go early before it gets too heavy for so long it's already too late and the entire country has ground to a halt. Ho Ho Ho!"

Remember your tin foil blanket and a flask of soup for when your nose to bumper on the motorway and a shovel

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

The snow can fuck right off I have work to get too, deliveries to take in and a sex life that requires a drive so I don’t want it at all

over a year ago

"The snow can fuck right off I have work to get too, deliveries to take in and a sex life that requires a drive so I don’t want it at all "

This.

over a year ago

"So, who reckons they're gonna get a cheeky Snow Day tomorrow? Speaking as a Midlander, my money's on a crap dusting overnight so I'll still have to drag my arse into work, then it'll absolutely bollock it down at lumchtime, bring the entire city to a standstill, and I'll have a six hour crawl to drive the five miles home.

What's your predictions for your part of the world? Are you polishing your sledges in Wales? Are you already stocking the bunkers with canned food and candles in Scotland? Are you living in fear of the mythical white rain, on the South coast? "

Haha i work all around the west mids and i hate it when it snows. Like you said 6 hours to go 5 miles. Think ill chuck a blanket in the van and a pillow and just park up somewhere and wait for the traffic to go than try to get home with everyone else

over a year ago

Birmingham

What's your predictions for your part of the world? Are you polishing your sledges in Wales? Are you already stocking the bunkers with canned food and candles in Scotland? Are you living in fear of the mythical white rain, on the South coast?

Haha i work all around the west mids and i hate it when it snows. Like you said 6 hours to go 5 miles. Think ill chuck a blanket in the van and a pillow and just park up somewhere and wait for the traffic to go than try to get home with everyone else"

It's like Mad Max or something, isn't it? Abandoned cars, brawling over loaves of bread in Kwik Save, complete irreparable breakdown of infrastructure. If only there was some way of knowing it was going to snow, so the council could, I dunno, maybe buy some grit...

over a year ago

I hope it snows like buggery..that ace fluffy white three foot thick layer you could stash a dwarf in, stuff you gotta wade through!

No doubt if we do it'll be the usual slush, like the aftermath of some citywide snowman bukake party you just missed happening

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"I hope it snows like buggery..that ace fluffy white three foot thick layer you could stash a dwarf in, stuff you gotta wade through!

No doubt if we do it'll be the usual slush, like the aftermath of some citywide snowman bukake party you just missed happening

"

Dwarf you say ?

over a year ago

"I hope it snows like buggery..that ace fluffy white three foot thick layer you could stash a dwarf in, stuff you gotta wade through!

Dwarf you say ?

"

Indeed or dwarves if you prefer

over a year ago

Normally Id say let it snow ,but I'm going out tomorrow night so hoping it stays put until Saturday

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

It would be nice to have a snow day but I'll still have to go to work.

I could always get the dog to pull me to work on the sledge.

By *elnkazCouple
over a year ago

cheshire

Warrington rarely gets it but when we do we know it really bad elsewhere .

And I love it ..kaz

over a year ago

Birmingham

As suspected, I've woken up to a bit of a crap dusting. The bugger is gonna make my drive home hell instead, I just know it!

By *eesideMan
over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

Snow ?

In the south east ?

On wot planet

over a year ago

Just a dusting here

over a year ago

It’s fucking it down with the white stuff here now and starting to settle !

I’ve been sent home

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

Snow should just be for Xmas day

X

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

It started snowing at 6.15 ish now it's raining

over a year ago

A sleety day here , though Sunday looks like a white out

over a year ago

Think we will escape the snow. Makes a pleasant change that the South of the country are due snow

over a year ago

Birmingham

Well I ate my words quickly, by the time I'd had my breakfast and gone out to the car it was fucking well bollocking down!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/12/17 08:25:07]

over a year ago

"Think we will escape the snow. Makes a pleasant change that the South of the country are due snow "

We haven't had anything that could honestly be described as snow for years. Not since I bought a sledge so here's hoping!

At the moment it's hailing!

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

And now it's snowing again

over a year ago

"Think we will escape the snow. Makes a pleasant change that the South of the country are due snow

We haven't had anything that could honestly be described as snow for years. Not since I bought a sledge so here's hoping!

At the moment it's hailing!

"

Hope you get some of the white stuff, and enjoy some sledging

over a year ago

Birmingham

[Removed by poster at 08/12/17 09:13:41]

over a year ago

Birmingham

"And now it's snowing again "

You're like my early warning system, it's blowing over from your way. I shall expect the next flurry within the hour!

over a year ago

Birmingham

"And now it's snowing again

You're like my early warning system, it's blowing over from your way. I shall expect the next flurry within the hour! "

Sure enough, as soon as I venture back above ground...

over a year ago

got a little sprinkling here

over a year ago

We're at maximum inconvenience with some good hefty snow coming down now

over a year ago

Birmingham

Oo whereabouts are you? It's just snowy but wet in Brum, but I'm hearing whispers of a frozen apocalyptic wasteland in the Black Country...

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

We never get any and I don't expect any . Northampton has and always seems to have a giant vacuum in the Sky that sucks up snow . I want snow . I'm sulking

over a year ago

It's nowhere near as bad as they said it was going to be.

over a year ago

Birmingham

"It's nowhere near as bad as they said it was going to be. "

Y E T !

over a year ago

"It's nowhere near as bad as they said it was going to be. "

wait til sunday -

over a year ago

"It's nowhere near as bad as they said it was going to be.

wait til sunday - "

I'm working Sunday.

over a year ago

It's a no snow in the Northeast

over a year ago

I've seen worse dandruff than there is snow here.

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

We've got about 7 inches

over a year ago

"We've got about 7 inches"

That's all very nice, and jolly interesting information. BUT, what about the snow

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"We've got about 7 inches

That's all very nice, and jolly interesting information. BUT, what about the snow "

That was the snow Dicks a bit bigger

over a year ago

Birmingham

"We've got about 7 inches

That's all very nice, and jolly interesting information. BUT, what about the snow "

I don't even care that you stole my nob gag, I'm just delighted someone picked up the feedline

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

I got my emergency stores ready for travel during an expected snowy period.

Flask of soup, blanket, wellies, spare jumper, snow shovel, woolly hat and gloves, tyre chains, food, hot drink.... it was a bugger carrying all that on the bus!

over a year ago

Snowed on and off all day here on Isle of Man.

Post new Message to Thread