FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

People who think thay can sing and sound so bad.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Them on X.fator why dont there friends say thay cant sing ?? is it thay are Tone deaf ? and cant here themselfs .. and what thay here in there head is good ...I am not sure .. some get so up-set like last night Ceri Rees was hoping it will be fourth time lucky for her on this year’s X Factor.

The 54-year-old from Wales has auditioned for the show three times before but has never made it past the audition stages.

As Ceri started singing I Dreamed a Dream from Les Miserables, which didn’t impress the judges, she asked to sing something else instead, but the judges were still unconvinced. She was so bad poor woman been having singing lessons too ... but was like a cat on heat howling i even felt sorry for her ... she loved to sing and did see her -self as a super star in the makings . Can you sing ? Good bad or Really bad? I can sing just find it hard in front of people or i would be on that show . lol my dad was a singer and Grandad thay had more guts then me . lol So them that are bad do have somthing going for them Guts it takes guts to do that in front of 1000s .

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *parrow77Man
over a year ago

cheshire

Cos some ppl just like the attention

over a year ago

"Cos some ppl just like the attention"
yes i know you get some like that on shows like X.fator but you get some who really think thay can and cant ... just not sure why there friends dont tell them ...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sound reaches the inner ear by way of two separate paths. Those paths in turn affect what we perceive to hear.

Air-conducted sound is transmitted from the surrounding environment through the external auditory canal, eardrum and middle ear to the cochlea, the fluid-filled spiral in the inner ear. Bone-conducted sound reaches the cochlea directly through the tissues of the head.

When you sing, sound energy spreads in the air around you and reaches your cochlea through your external ear by air conduction. Sound also travels from your vocal cords and other structures directly to the cochlea, but the mechanical properties of your head enhance its deeper, lower-frequency vibrations.

The voice you hear when you sing is the combination of sound carried along both paths.

However when you listen to a recording of yourself singing, the bone-conducted pathway that you consider part of your “normal” voice is eliminated, and you hear only the air-conducted component in unfamiliar isolation. You can experience the reverse effect by putting in earplugs so you hear only bone-conducted vibrations…

People who think they can sing should record and listen to their efforts before they attempt to convince other's of their talent.

over a year ago

no need to watch xfactor to listen someone singing badly all you need is radio 1 or the top 40 countdown

over a year ago

People who think they can sing should record and listen to their efforts before they attempt to convince other's of their talent.. Soxy i think your right its helps to here yourself and you can see what you need to work on ... cant help thinking some of them going to x.fator are tone deaf i feel sorry for some as you can tell its hurts them to here the truth .

over a year ago

my sis does amateur theatre and learned to sing quite well, as they often do musicals. I can't sing but she insists that if you practice you can attain an acceptable level.

Will restrict my practice to the shower though methinks.

over a year ago

"no need to watch xfactor to listen someone singing badly all you need is radio 1 or the top 40 countdown "
lol yes you have a point ... I know it takes all sorts and we cant all like same thing .. But as times it makes your ears hurt .

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"no need to watch xfactor to listen someone singing badly all you need is radio 1 or the top 40 countdown lol yes you have a point ... I know it takes all sorts and we cant all like same thing .. But as times it makes your ears hurt ."

you should hear Soapy then.... he makes your ears bleed!!

over a year ago

Friends, Romans, Fabswingers, lend me your ears.

over a year ago

"no need to watch xfactor to listen someone singing badly all you need is radio 1 or the top 40 countdown lol yes you have a point ... I know it takes all sorts and we cant all like same thing .. But as times it makes your ears hurt .

you should hear Soapy then.... he makes your ears bleed!! "

Must be love ... as you put up with it or do you Gag him , lol

over a year ago

"Friends, Romans, Fabswingers, lend me your ears. "
If we all sing together we can drown out the bad ones so it all sound good us fabswingers .. lol

over a year ago

Unfortunately I think a lot of people suffer from a delusion that the music industry can totally rely on grooming and technology to overcome problems which stand in the way of lesser talented individuals who believe they posses other attributes which give them star appeal ,,,,

Yes it can be done!!! But why choose too, when there are genuinely talented options available…

This is how many dreams get shattered!!!

over a year ago

"Unfortunately I think a lot of people suffer from a delusion that the music industry can totally rely on grooming and technology to overcome problems which stand in the way of lesser talented individuals who believe they posses other attributes which give them star appeal ,,,,

Yes it can be done!!! But why choose too, when there are genuinely talented options available…

This is how many dreams get shattered!!!

"

I think its good for the soul to sing even if people are not the best ...

By *parrow77Man
over a year ago

cheshire

I've heard some shocking singers in past at gigs I play and some good but if you enjoy it then sing

Ppl may think am crap but who knows

over a year ago

I admire the drive and ambition of someone who belie es they can do something and instead of sitting on their backsides, get up there and try and try again.

However if you don't have the talent then you will be knocked back.

Yes its for attention but even tho these people have little chance of their dream being realised, they do have the audience committed to DVD to show that they tried.

The way to go would be to perhaps join an amateur dramatics group etc.

I can't sing a note but then I've never wanted to. Sometimes you have to accept that in life you can't always achieve your dream.

over a year ago

Many big stars use Auto-Tune for their recordings and live performances. It's kinda like airbrushing for vocals. Sad but true ..... I think its rear to find people who can sing really well with out it ..

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

I was chucked out of the school choir at 12 - that was then end of my singing ambitions

By *parrow77Man
over a year ago

cheshire

I don't use it and my vocals when recording don't get much treatment which is good as means it's natural

But some need help too

over a year ago

"I don't use it and my vocals when recording don't get much treatment which is good as means it's natural

But some need help too"

well as long as you like it and your having fun .. I sall have to here you one day .. xx

over a year ago

"no need to watch xfactor to listen someone singing badly all you need is radio 1 or the top 40 countdown lol yes you have a point ... I know it takes all sorts and we cant all like same thing .. But as times it makes your ears hurt .

you should hear Soapy then.... he makes your ears bleed!! "

That's as maybe my little swamp duck but compared to your wonderful ahem voice you make me sound like Ronan keating xx

Post new Message to Thread