FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Professional couple. Why put this in profile?

Jump to newest

By *andDee OP   Couple
over a year ago

Ashford

We both work bloody hard so last thing on our mind when meeting someone is wanting to vet them on where they are on the career ladder. As soon as we see ‘professional couple’ it rings of spending an evening over dinner in a restaurant trying to outdo each other on what they do for a living and how much money they have.

Soap and water costs pennies, so can hardly judge how clean and presentable someone is by their status. Nobody wants to meet someone who stinks of body odour, but there’s plenty of ‘professional’ people who are soap dodgers, so why the snobbery when presenting themselves in their profile?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *immy fingersMan
over a year ago

leeds

Honestly I'm a trucker as low on any pecking order as you like but I manage to shower almost every day or at least a wash. All it takes is half an hour out of your day for a shower at least.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"We both work bloody hard so last thing on our mind when meeting someone is wanting to vet them on where they are on the career ladder. As soon as we see ‘professional couple’ it rings of spending an evening over dinner in a restaurant trying to outdo each other on what they do for a living and how much money they have.

Soap and water costs pennies, so can hardly judge how clean and presentable someone is by their status. Nobody wants to meet someone who stinks of body odour, but there’s plenty of ‘professional’ people who are soap dodgers, so why the snobbery when presenting themselves in their profile? "

Maybe just pass them by, if they're not for you

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Honestly I'm a trucker as low on any pecking order as you like but I manage to shower almost every day or at least a wash. All it takes is half an hour out of your day for a shower at least."

Half an hour!? What the hell you doing in there, I've been known to be out the door after getting home in sun 10 mins including a number 2 and brushing my teeth!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

To some, status is all.

over a year ago

I think it just means what it says .

As in professional as opposed to a factory type worker

Dosent mean there going to play like that or even go to a restraunt. .

There meeting to let there hair down and forget work

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"I think it just means what it says .

"

Does it matter if they're professional or factory workers, as long as you are all compatible, you're not planning to marry them, presumably

By *amiePhuktMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Define professional??

over a year ago

"Define professional?? "

Someone paid to do something.

So technically, anyone that gets paid to work, however for the purpose of employment, a professional tends to be a member of a professional body or those not in manual roles.

By *amiePhuktMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"Define professional??

Someone paid to do something.

So technically, anyone that gets paid to work, however for the purpose of employment, a professional tends to be a member of a professional body or those not in manual roles. "

I rest my case.

over a year ago

"I think it just means what it says .

"

If there looking to let there hair down and play then does it matter what there profession is? If there trying to point out there not a factory type worker then that means there putting themselves above other types of people. When take away jobs and money we’re all the same come into the world with nothing and leave it with nothing.

By *entenTeaCouple
over a year ago

Buckley North Wales

Professional infers that what you do is more than just a job. It's part of your sense of personal identity. Therefore though professional traditionaly reffered to recognosed trades and chartered/cretified occupations. It now inffers a mind set and perspective where by occupation and self are more deeply intertwined.

For example; you can be a professional cleaner or delivery van driver as much as you can be a professional: nurse, solicitor or metrologist.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Professional infers that what you do is more than just a job. It's part of your sense of personal identity. Therefore though professional traditionaly reffered to recognosed trades and chartered/cretified occupations. It now inffers a mind set and perspective where by occupation and self are more deeply intertwined.

For example; you can be a professional cleaner or delivery van driver as much as you can be a professional: nurse, solicitor or metrologist.

"

Yes..

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 05/12/17 01:40:37]

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Aaah...the inverted snobbery professional thread.

Is it really difficult for people to comprehend that certain words on this site are "ready reckoners", designed to help you sort suitable play mates.

Do you honestly think every fat bird is beautiful, or every black brother is hung like a horse? Of course not, but if you're looking for a gym fit playmate you know bbw isn't for you. If you want a playmate that's more than a big cock you avoid those sailing under bbc. Likewise, if you have a chip on your shoulder because you're a cleaner you can avoid the "professionals".

We all have our way of selecting playmates: not all will be in the way we like: so? Move on to the profiles that tickle your fancy.

over a year ago

I’m a proffesional, I’ve been in CI5 for years.

COVER MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

over a year ago

But seriously proffesional what? They could be proffesional drug dealers or hit men.

Or estate agents

By *ldhillhotwifeCouple
over a year ago

Old Hill

Does make them sound like they are a little up their own arse.

Wouldn't make me more likely or unlikely to play with them.

Sx

(Prole)

over a year ago

"We both work bloody hard so last thing on our mind when meeting someone is wanting to vet them on where they are on the career ladder. As soon as we see ‘professional couple’ it rings of spending an evening over dinner in a restaurant trying to outdo each other on what they do for a living and how much money they have.

Soap and water costs pennies, so can hardly judge how clean and presentable someone is by their status. Nobody wants to meet someone who stinks of body odour, but there’s plenty of ‘professional’ people who are soap dodgers, so why the snobbery when presenting themselves in their profile? "

They are trying to mask their insecurities: (

over a year ago

"But seriously proffesional what? They could be proffesional drug dealers or hit men.

Or estate agents "

A profesional estate agent? I've been using amateurs in the past?

over a year ago

This is a great thread.

I'm just settling down to watch with popcorn and , or biscuits and cheese with wine if I was professional...

over a year ago

"But seriously proffesional what? They could be proffesional drug dealers or hit men.

Or estate agents

A profesional estate agent? I've been using amateurs in the past? "

As long as your not using Amature drug dealers or hit men you should be ok

over a year ago

the Professionals ~ What in the world ... New album out now

over a year ago

Does it really matter what people do for a living?

If he interests me then I'm not bothered if he's a company director or a road sweeper

over a year ago

"Aaah...the inverted snobbery professional thread.

Is it really difficult for people to comprehend that certain words on this site are "ready reckoners", designed to help you sort suitable play mates.

Do you honestly think every fat bird is beautiful, or every black brother is hung like a horse? Of course not, but if you're looking for a gym fit playmate you know bbw isn't for you. If you want a playmate that's more than a big cock you avoid those sailing under bbc. Likewise, if you have a chip on your shoulder because you're a cleaner you can avoid the "professionals".

We all have our way of selecting playmates: not all will be in the way we like: so? Move on to the profiles that tickle your fancy."

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

It makes me giggle when they don't even spell it right.

By *evensnipeMan
over a year ago

Rhyl

Maybe they think of themselves as as being sapiosexuals?

By *risrugbyfanMan
over a year ago

yate

can truthfully say after reading this thread,I don't care what people do job wise even if friends . all I care is that I like them and have fun.

if they have a problem with my job than that's their problem not mine .for the record I'm a self employed cleaner and happy with it and life in general

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

"Aaah...the inverted snobbery professional thread.

We all have our way of selecting playmates: not all will be in the way we like: so? Move on to the profiles that tickle your fancy."

This

People can put what they like on their profiles,if they dont meet what we seek,we move on.

Miss

over a year ago

It just brings to mind people who wear suits for their job and have to give PowerPoint presentations.

As long as the suit still gets whipped off at the end of the day then write what you like

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The word professional on a profile is not intended as a personal insult to anybody else. However a lot of people think it's ok to insult those who use it.

It's a funny old world.

By *anrteeCouple
over a year ago

London

you have it all wrong it's to separate the amateurs from the professional members on here

By *risrugbyfanMan
over a year ago

yate

"The word professional on a profile is not intended as a personal insult to anybody else. However a lot of people think it's ok to insult those who use it.

It's a funny old world. "

snag is not just on here but in the real world some people their jobs are their everything. within 5 mins of meeting even if your talking about the weather they make a point of telling you what their job is .

By *anrteeCouple
over a year ago

London

On a serious note I doubt it has anything to do with a pissing contest as to how far up the career ladder they are but merely background info about themselves.

By *ucy LewdWoman
over a year ago

North Oxfordshire

It's just a way of finding people who are similar to yourself. Would I prefer to meet and chat with people in clubs where their jobs is a big part of them? Yes I would. Why? Because I prefer people who have had career goals and gone after jobs that they love, which fulfil them, and which give them a sense of purpose.

Do they fuck differently to someone who just does a job for the money? Proberbly not. But I like to talk to the people I screw as well as having sex with them, and I prefer to talk to people like me.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"The word professional on a profile is not intended as a personal insult to anybody else. However a lot of people think it's ok to insult those who use it.

It's a funny old world.

snag is not just on here but in the real world some people their jobs are their everything. within 5 mins of meeting even if your talking about the weather they make a point of telling you what their job is ."

True but lots of people who don't have professional on their profile are like this. A lot of people also use their jobs in the military or fire service a their main selling point. It's giving information that helps others make decisions about whether they want to contact them or not.

over a year ago

i do love people who get their knickers in a twist about people expressing a preference that they think excludes them...

for the record though, at no point in any conversation preliminary to meeting up with people would what they or we do for a living come up...its a detail we are unwilling to share until we get to know people

By *risrugbyfanMan
over a year ago

yate

It's a funny old world.

snag is not just on here but in the real world some people their jobs are their everything. within 5 mins of meeting even if your talking about the weather they make a point of telling you what their job is .

True but lots of people who don't have professional on their profile are like this. A lot of people also use their jobs in the military or fire service a their main selling point. It's giving information that helps others make decisions about whether they want to contact them or not.

"

totally understand that and why people do that and like it .my personal choice is do they seem nice friendly and will we have fun .

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It's a funny old world.

totally understand that and why people do that and like it .my personal choice is do they seem nice friendly and will we have fun ."

Ours too. Using the word professional doesn't preclude this, although loads of people seem to think it does.

By *risrugbyfanMan
over a year ago

yate

It's a funny old world.

totally understand that and why people do that and like it .my personal choice is do they seem nice friendly and will we have fun .

Ours too. Using the word professional doesn't preclude this, although loads of people seem to think it does."

By *risrugbyfanMan
over a year ago

yate

It's a funny old world.

Ours too. Using the word professional doesn't preclude this, although loads of people seem to think it does."

over a year ago

I think they're just trying to make a connection with like-minded people that share similar life experiences and backgrounds.

A dinner lady, is probably not going to feel very comfortable popping round to your public school educated barristers house and mixing with their social scene.

Likewise, your ex public school director of a multi national probably isn't going find the company or conversation stimulating when they visit their local waste management and disposal technicians humble abode.

We are professionals looking for other professionals can sound pretentious, elitist and condescending but, I'm sure, in most cases it's not meant that way. They obviously enjoy the social aspect of swinging and, want their pre and post sex conversation to be with people they can relate to and feel comfortable with... isn't that what we all want?

They have found one word "professional" that describes themselves and the sort of people they're looking for. It's concise!

If the phrase "Professional" causes such controversy, what should they use instead...so as not to offend the thinner skinned?

It's hardly worth the fuss is it!

Live and let live!

over a year ago

Because they charge for their services

over a year ago

It suggests being educated but it seems like you have to be a bit of a dumbass to put "professional" on a sex profile. Still, I guess that is a way of filtering the preferred clientele.

They might not even be in a fancy job anyway. Some married guys say they're single. And have you ever noticed how many "firefighters" there are? On a thread elsewhere, 10% of those commenting on a thread about firefighters claimed to be firefighters. What are the odds? As the grandchild of a bookie I can tell you, fucking negligible, that's what.

I once had a "firefighter" email me. I did the fire service as part of my Duke of Edinburgh award, so I know a little technical detail, which I said I inteded to test him on. He disappeared pretty quick-smart.

So you do a professional-looking Word doc and have a fave wingding for your PowerPoint presentions? Big woo.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I think they're just trying to make a connection with like-minded people that share similar life experiences and backgrounds.

A dinner lady, is probably not going to feel very comfortable popping round to your public school educated barristers house and mixing with their social scene.

Likewise, your ex public school director of a multi national probably isn't going find the company or conversation stimulating when they visit their local waste management and disposal technicians humble abode.

We are professionals looking for other professionals can sound pretentious, elitist and condescending but, I'm sure, in most cases it's not meant that way. They obviously enjoy the social aspect of swinging and, want their pre and post sex conversation to be with people they can relate to and feel comfortable with... isn't that what we all want?

They have found one word "professional" that describes themselves and the sort of people they're looking for. It's concise!

If the phrase "Professional" causes such controversy, what should they use instead...so as not to offend the thinner skinned?

It's hardly worth the fuss is it!

Live and let live!"

Exactly how I view it: nothing more...nothing less!

By *risrugbyfanMan
over a year ago

yate

once got turned down for a meet not based on looks or what jobs we have ,but,based on what football team we followed .

to me that's taking things way to far especially as I can't stand football .

over a year ago

How true

over a year ago

"once got turned down for a meet not based on looks or what jobs we have ,but,based on what football team we followed .

to me that's taking things way to far especially as I can't stand football ."

You follow a team despite hating football? Spurs fans?

Hmmmmmm lol

By *risrugbyfanMan
over a year ago

yate

"once got turned down for a meet not based on looks or what jobs we have ,but,based on what football team we followed .

Hmmmmmm lol "

nope I (debs) can't stand football,Simon my partner is a bristol city fan ...

over a year ago

Fuck knows, it's not like starting a thread will make people stop putting it on so just avoid them instead, sorted

over a year ago

Hmmmmmm lol

nope I (debs) can't stand football,Simon my partner is a bristol city fan ..."

That's cool, but who does he support when he wants to watch some football?

over a year ago

Hmmmmmm lol

nope I (debs) can't stand football,Simon my partner is a bristol city fan ..."

I'd question his authenticity if he called that football

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Professional Couple - To me that means they will be very good in the post fuck press conference

over a year ago

For me...i do like to see this, suggests "we are not chavs"

Post new Message to Thread