FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Celeb Big Brother...Is It Time To Pull The Plug?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I just read in the news that CBB has announced an all-female housemate cast for 2018.

Supposedly, this decision is intended to honour the centenary of women's suffrage, but I can't be the only person reading this who sees it as a cheap gimmick on the part of the C5 execs to justify another series of this crap show...

Let's look at the facts:

On C4, the average viewership for a series of 'regular' Big Brother ranged from 2.5 to 5.8 million...Since moving to C5, that figure has declined from 1.9 million to 1.2 million...

On C4, the average viewership for a series of Celeb BB ranged from 3.7 to 5.2 million...Since moving to C5, that figure has declined from 2.8 million to 1.8 million.

Just for the craic, let's that trend to Strictly Come Dancing:

Average viewership (launch, live shows and results shows):

Season One - 6.45 million

Season Eight - 11.23 million (current peak)

Season Fourteen - 11.09 million

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

For me the original concept went a long time ago. The first few series people were excited to be part of the experiment. For a long time now it's been just a means for anyone to get there 15 minutes of fame and launch a career.

Also I think when you get someone who appeared on the normal one to join the celebrity one I think it's time to call it a day.

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Structly is ace though!

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

As is strictly sigh

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I think there's a lot of so called 'celebrity' shows that could do with the plug being pulled to be honest - the latest 'I'm A Celebrity...' being a good point in case - when said "celebrities" not only have to announce themselves but also what they're famous for on the launch programme you really do start to think the bottom of the barrel is being well and truly scraped.

The only programmes of that ilk I watch and enjoy are Strictly and the celebrity version of Masterchef - both of which involve said celebrities learning/showing off skills you wouldn't otherwise associate them with.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

X factor. Simon cowel now is making it a charity thing.

It never used to be.

over a year ago

"I just read in the news that CBB has announced an all-female housemate cast for 2018.

Supposedly, this decision is intended to honour the centenary of women's suffrage, but I can't be the only person reading this who sees it as a cheap gimmick on the part of the C5 execs to justify another series of this crap show...

Let's look at the facts:

On C4, the average viewership for a series of 'regular' Big Brother ranged from 2.5 to 5.8 million...Since moving to C5, that figure has declined from 1.9 million to 1.2 million...

On C4, the average viewership for a series of Celeb BB ranged from 3.7 to 5.2 million...Since moving to C5, that figure has declined from 2.8 million to 1.8 million.

Just for the craic, let's that trend to Strictly Come Dancing:

Average viewership (launch, live shows and results shows):

Season One - 6.45 million

Season Eight - 11.23 million (current peak)

Season Fourteen - 11.09 million

"

what were the figures for Ch4's final year of BB?

Because there was a marked improvement on Ch5.

Personally I only watch if there's someone interesting in there, which is a rarity.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

It's only initially female only. Men will go in afterwards.

But in answer to your question.... Yes. It's dire and has been for years.

over a year ago

I suspect few if any other channel 5 shows get anywhere close to CBBs viewing figures

over a year ago

"when said "celebrities" not only have to announce themselves but also what they're famous for on the launch programme you really do start to think the bottom of the barrel is being well and truly scraped."

As has been already said, the recruiting of winners of Regular BB as contestants for a series of Celeb BB is the EPITOMY of 'barrel scraping'...

Can't stand people who are famous simply for being famous (cough...the Kardashians)...

over a year ago

All should be axed celeb big brother and the jungle it's all boring same crap and not good celebs going in.which I don't blame them .It's all ones that are failing celebs doing it .

over a year ago

"what were the figures for Ch4's final year of BB? Because there was a marked improvement on Ch5.

Personally I only watch if there's someone interesting in there, which is a rarity. "

Regular

Series 1 Channel 4 - 4.5 million

Final Series Channel 4 - 3.0 million

Peak Series Channel 4 - 5.8 million (Series 3)

Series 1 Channel 5 - 1.6 million

Latest Series Channel 5 - 1.2 million

Peak Series Channel 5 - 1.9 million (Series 14)

Celeb

Series 1 Channel 4 - 5.2 million

Final Series Channel 4 - 3.7 million

Peak Series Channel 4 - 5.2 million (Series 1)

Series 1 Channel 5 - 2.8 million

Latest Series Channel 5 - 1.8 million

Peak Series Channel 5 - 3.1 million (Series 13 & 15)

over a year ago

I think I 'watched' the very first one when Craig won. I'd rather vomit than see another.

By *idnight OwlWoman
over a year ago

P ~ WR10

Time to pull the plug on the whole franchise! Never enjoyed watching it since it began!!!

over a year ago

Thought it had been time to say goodbye to it!

over a year ago

Think they need to get rid of all the so called celeb programs.

None of them are even proper celebs anymore.

over a year ago

"Time to pull the plug on the whole franchise! Never enjoyed watching it since it began!!! "

To be honest, I meant to delete the 'Celeb' bit from the thread title...was referring to the whole BB franchise...

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Is it still on

over a year ago

"Time to pull the plug on the whole franchise! Never enjoyed watching it since it began!!!

To be honest, I meant to delete the 'Celeb' bit from the thread title...was referring to the whole BB franchise..."

In that case, get rid

over a year ago

"Structly is ace though! "

It's shite

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Plenty of life in it yet, as well as some desperate clebs who demand exposure. Keep it going.

Post new Message to Thread