Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

copied profile

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ive just looked at another fems profile and its a clear copy and paste of mine! with a little added of another fem in our area! How bloody rude!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Report to admin, I would.

over a year ago

Providing you can establish she has copied yours, and not the other way round though.

over a year ago

"Report to admin, I would. "

i have and put a note on my profile, only saw it as shed verified a guy i know, am not impressed! i only updated mine the other day with the help of a guy on here, so shes only done it in the last few days

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I don't think it should be a reportable offence unless they have pinched your name addy and bank details.

NO profile is original. All our ideas come from something we read or heard.

Even the slightest adjustment makes it theirs.

I've been scouting for inspiration as I haven't re written my profile yet.

It's a swinging profile not a copyrighted novel...... I guess there isn't much you can do except be flattered.

over a year ago

Report, yep.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Report to admin, I would.

i have and put a note on my profile, only saw it as shed verified a guy i know, am not impressed! i only updated mine the other day with the help of a guy on here, so shes only done it in the last few days"

A guy helped you write yours ?? What's the diff between that and you helping her ?

over a year ago

Granny,

I can appreciate where you are coming from.

over a year ago

"Report to admin, I would. "
why nothing they can do

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

Does a few words really matter? If it was pics it would be a different story.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Granny,

"

I just might nick a line or two from yours Pearl :P keep your eyes peeled x

over a year ago

"Granny,

I just might nick a line or two from yours Pearl :P keep your eyes peeled x "

Awww, I am flattered!

over a year ago

i have and put a note on my profile, only saw it as shed verified a guy i know, am not impressed! i only updated mine the other day with the help of a guy on here, so shes only done it in the last few days

A guy helped you write yours ?? What's the diff between that and you helping her ?

"

he told me to remove some things, re accom n daytime meets as im attracting married/attached guys n dont want them, her's is word for word mine, where i describe myself and my nature

over a year ago

"Granny,

I just might nick a line or two from yours Pearl :P keep your eyes peeled x "

I'm tempted to nick yours Granny x :-

I'm just wondering how copy n paste works

over a year ago

he told me to remove some things, re accom n daytime meets as im attracting married/attached guys n dont want them, her's is word for word mine, where i describe myself and my nature"

I would suggest you also remove her username from your profile. Admin take a poor view of naming and shaming.

over a year ago

Your all most welcome to copy mine.

over a year ago

One part of me is thinking you should be flattered another part is thinking cheeky mare lol

I'd send her a mail congratulating her on her good taste and thanking her for the compliment so at least you'd let her know that you had read it

I often read profiles and wish I'd written it myself - never copy them though ! xxx

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

he told me to remove some things, re accom n daytime meets as im attracting married/attached guys n dont want them, her's is word for word mine, where i describe myself and my nature"

Yes I read the bit that was word for word. I was able to do that as you named them in your profile.

Does it really matter ? Are you worried that she'll get more meets than you ? Or are you angry cos she has been lazy and you are part of a literary drive for internet shaggers ?

Honest.... i don't think it matters.

Lazy and unimaginative is another persons creativity and timesaver.

over a year ago

I can see the point Granny makes saying that everyone gets their inspiration from someone else, but I think there's a huge gulf between copying elements of someone's profile and copying the entire thing wholesale.

I think the way in which a particular profile is written reflects that individual's personality in the same way that a photograph represents their likeness.

If someone copied my entire profile to pass as their own (albeit with some minor changes), they'd be using my personality to get them a meet, and I think that's unfair.

I like to think my profile is reasonably well-written. If, for example, someone were to email me expecting a similar level of care and attention in my reply, they could rightly be annoyed if it turned out I was barely able to write in sentences.

By *orkduoCouple
over a year ago

york

think yourself lucky we had our pics coppied and put on there profile we reported then they dissapeared !!!!!

over a year ago

he told me to remove some things, re accom n daytime meets as im attracting married/attached guys n dont want them, her's is word for word mine, where i describe myself and my nature

Yes I read the bit that was word for word. I was able to do that as you named them in your profile.

Does it really matter ? Are you worried that she'll get more meets than you ? Or are you angry cos she has been lazy and you are part of a literary drive for internet shaggers ?

"

have removed her name from my profile, am annoyed that she has used it word for word how i describe myself personnally, can she be really just like me? is she my long lost twin!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Granny,

I'm just wondering how copy n paste works "

Pah! Impossible you simply don't have enough RAM/ROM or bandwidth or time to emulate my x come to think of it ..... mine goes... x x It's a tall order to replicate that.

i am stuck for ideas really ...... im jaded a bit.

over a year ago

OP just read your profile and the first part sums me up exactly - you don't mind if I copy it do you pmsl x

over a year ago

I've got a copy of your pic in my private album Granny..... phwoar!

over a year ago

"OP just read your profile and the first part sums me up exactly - you don't mind if I copy it do you pmsl x "

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

Report to admin, I would.

have removed her name from my profile, am annoyed that she has used it word for word how i describe myself personnally, can she be really just like me? is she my long lost twin!"

I don't know;is she ? Just laugh it off. Tell her she's welcome to use it.

Chillllllllll

( i love giving advice me..... i'd be livid )

over a year ago

got to love a nice set of iliac crests and agree with you on the Apollo's belt....totally of topic, I know, but I am easily distracted

As for someone coping your profile, I have had people mail me before, asking to copy things from mine, and I also copied the uni paragraph on my own, but I give props to Shark for it lol

Ignoramuses..... people, who are just rude and don't ask, that push in and never say please or thank you, they know no better, bless em....rant over lol

over a year ago

"Granny,

I'm just wondering how copy n paste works

Pah! Impossible you simply don't have enough RAM/ROM or bandwidth or time to emulate my x come to think of it ..... mine goes... x x It's a tall order to replicate that.

i am stuck for ideas really ...... im jaded a bit. "

Full on profile swap is needed here.... you will have to live with Mr Now (he's quite a nice chap).

I'll make a start with the profile picture xx

over a year ago

She has aslo copied and pasted from my profile also klazy and pathetic really hacked off

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Im quite willing to live with him providing he understands that I had to blindfold and gag him and leave him in the cellar and that there was nothing sexual about it.

over a year ago

"She has aslo copied and pasted from my profile also klazy and pathetic really hacked off "

Told you!

By *adcowWoman
over a year ago

kirkcaldy

should the OP actually name the person they are accusing of this in their profile- isn't this against the rules of fab

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"She has aslo copied and pasted from my profile also klazy and pathetic really hacked off "

The seven emoticons told me you were hacked off....

over a year ago

"should the OP actually name the person they are accusing of this in their profile- isn't this against the rules of fab"

Ive removed it!

over a year ago

"I've got a copy of your pic in my private album Granny..... phwoar! "

I couldn't resist... I've nicked it and I am proudly displaying it

Drool away folks

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

"should the OP actually name the person they are accusing of this in their profile- isn't this against the rules of fab"

I'd say that naminn & shaming... which should result in a 48hr forum time out... shouldn't it?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"She has aslo copied and pasted from my profile also klazy and pathetic really hacked off

Told you! "

I am leaving this thread as it is becoming obvious that there is a vendetta against the profiley disabled.

By *adcowWoman
over a year ago

kirkcaldy

the name has since been removed

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Ahhhhhhhh but I read it..... and words ........as feathers in the wind ..... once read cannot be erased.

I know the secret.......

over a year ago

"Im quite willing to live with him providing he understands that I had to blindfold and gag him and leave him in the cellar and that there was nothing sexual about it. "

He's comfortable with that... I should know

over a year ago

"Ive just looked at another fems profile and its a clear copy and paste of mine! with a little added of another fem in our area! How bloody rude!

"

I have seen elements of your profile on many other profiles so i wouldn't call it original and hardly worth ranting over.

over a year ago

"Ive just looked at another fems profile and its a clear copy and paste of mine! with a little added of another fem in our area! How bloody rude!

I have seen elements of your profile on many other profiles so i wouldn't call it original and hardly worth ranting over."

it was never a rant.....

over a year ago

I have seen elements of your profile on many other profiles so i wouldn't call it original and hardly worth ranting over.

it was never a rant....."

Tantrum then!

over a year ago

My two cents. Use of devil emoticon more than once in a sentence = rant!

over a year ago

it was never a rant.....

My two cents. Use of devil emoticon more than once in a sentence = rant!"

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I can see the point Granny makes saying that everyone gets their inspiration from someone else, but I think there's a huge gulf between copying elements of someone's profile and copying the entire thing wholesale.

I think the way in which a particular profile is written reflects that individual's personality in the same way that a photograph represents their likeness.

If someone copied my entire profile to pass as their own (albeit with some minor changes), they'd be using my personality to get them a meet, and I think that's unfair.

I like to think my profile is reasonably well-written. If, for example, someone were to email me expecting a similar level of care and attention in my reply, they could rightly be annoyed if it turned out I was barely able to write in sentences. "

They wouldn't be using your personality .... C'mon silly if you wrap up a digestive in a penguin wrapper and I unwrap the penguin I'm going to KNOW it's a digestive.

If you have a great profile (and I will look ) but the person who nicked it is a fucking dullard when messaging or talking on the phone...... then it's a no meet situation.

Has anyone EVER gone..... Oh nice profile .....and then tootled off for a meet ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I've just read your profile. I know i've read it before.

Most of it is just what i need. Apart from me not being a six four black bloke.... I might leave that out xxx

Thanks for the help xx

over a year ago

"They wouldn't be using your personality .... C'mon silly if you wrap up a digestive in a penguin wrapper and I unwrap the penguin I'm going to KNOW it's a digestive.

If you have a great profile (and I will look ) but the person who nicked it is a fucking dullard when messaging or talking on the phone...... then it's a no meet situation.

Has anyone EVER gone..... Oh nice profile .....and then tootled off for a meet ? "

'Silly'?! I'm afraid that, like you, I'm not keen on pet names

Would you not agree that in the situation you describe, a plagiarised profile has led you to waste time messaging someone who you would not have otherwise approached had they written their own 'fucking dullard' profile?

over a year ago

I wouldn't be bothered at all if someone copied the text from my profile. Whilst it was wriiten by us, its hatdly imaginative and unique, basicaally couple enjoys clubs, parties and meets with couples and single guys. Yes we describe ourselves, vaguely, but I could probably liken our profile to 10,235 profiles on here.

I'm not interested in the text of our profile, my OH has updated the odd bit ie, new swingers has been deleted as after 18 months I reckon we're old hats now. Its a uncomplicated couple of paras written by the two of us.

The photos however are a different matter. It bothers me a little that people try and replicate aspects of them. I get asked regularly to think up ideas for other people. I can't do that because it would be my interpretation and not theirs, and therefore I feel that I'd be splashing my personality over someone elses profile, people need to portray themselves visually how they personally wish and what truly reflects them

over a year ago

"I've just read your profile. I know i've read it before.

Most of it is just what i need. Apart from me not being a six four black bloke.... I might leave that out xxx

Thanks for the help xx "

Feel free to leave it in if you think it might work for you!

over a year ago

"

'Silly'?! I'm afraid that, like you, I'm not keen on pet names

Would you not agree that in the situation you describe, a plagiarised profile has led you to waste time messaging someone who you would not have otherwise approached had they written their own 'fucking dullard' profile?"

Actually I have to agree with this, so I'm having a change of mind.

Whilst our profile text is hardly imaginative and fairly generic, it was written by us. It would never occur to me to look at other profiles for inspiration. From our profile you can probably get an idea of the type of people we are. If someone was unimaginative but had an outstanding profile, it would lead others to form an opinion which wouldn't reflect that person in real life

over a year ago

I've had someone using my pics recently, thank to a keen eyed mod it was sussed

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I've just read your profile. I know i've read it before.

Thanks for the help xx

Feel free to leave it in if you think it might work for you! "

Thanks xx so kind. If I left it in it wouldn't make much difference to most.

Truth is i don't need to steal to write.

Another truth ( i've been to a confucious convention ) whether a profile is good or not is matter of preference and nothing else.

It's as good or as poor as the reader thinks it is not as good as the writer thinks it is... Glasshoppahhhh x

over a year ago

"I've had someone using my pics recently, thank to a keen eyed mod it was sussed "

Surely not the mankini ones?

over a year ago

I would be flattered if people copied our profile....

over a year ago

"I've had someone using my pics recently, thank to a keen eyed mod it was sussed "

Fekkin cheek....tell them to get their own tighty whitey's

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Hahahaha! Welcome to my world... I did a thread about it a couple of weeks ago... I sent a message to the last woman who did it saying "nice profile" and she blocked me!!

I kinda put it down to them having no imagination. If you can't write your own profile then there's not much hope that you have a sparkling personality!!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I would be flattered if people copied our profile.... "

I'd be in shit street! 1. Im not a couple. 2. Im no petite woman. 3. Im not six foot bloke ........

over a year ago

If someone steals your profile but is uglier than you and then if someone finds both profiles he/she is gonna go with the prettiest one, obviously. If you have a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp however, you're shit outta luck anyway so don't worry about it.

over a year ago

" If you can't write your own profile then there's not much hope that you have a sparkling personality!! "

Hope mine sparkles through from my profile.

over a year ago

If someone were to copy mine….. I’d invite them to meet……

over a year ago

"Thanks xx so kind. If I left it in it wouldn't make much difference to most.

Truth is i don't need to steal to write."

Interesting use of the word 'steal'. Could it be you've been playing devil's advocate for the last couple of hours?

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

" If you can't write your own profile then there's not much hope that you have a sparkling personality!!

Hope mine sparkles through from my profile. "

I've had a lot of mail about the custard and the wellies!!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Thanks xx so kind. If I left it in it wouldn't make much difference to most.

Truth is i don't need to steal to write.

Interesting use of the word 'steal'. Could it be you've been playing devil's advocate for the last couple of hours?"

Now that would be childish of me wouldn't it? xx

over a year ago

" If you can't write your own profile then there's not much hope that you have a sparkling personality!!

Hope mine sparkles through from my profile.

I've had a lot of mail about the custard and the wellies!! "

hahahahaha!

over a year ago

To be fair, your profile doesn't actually say anything about you, as it's just a list of likes/dislikes and wants/don't wants. IF someone's lifted it for their profile they probably thought it was a site template for saying exactly what they want on their profile too.

There's no originality on it and it could be one of a thousand profiles on here.

over a year ago

Careful Grann don't want you cutting yourself on that rapier wit

To the OP- tell em they are welcome to it, and see it as a chance to update your profile, maybe?

By *im halpertMan
over a year ago

redditch

it was never a rant.....

To be fair, your profile doesn't actually say anything about you, as it's just a list of likes/dislikes and wants/don't wants. IF someone's lifted it for their profile they probably thought it was a site template for saying exactly what they want on their profile too.

There's no originality on it and it could be one of a thousand profiles on here."

agree totally ive seen tons of female profiles that are a mirror image of the OPs

over a year ago

U tell em Granny!!!!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Smithers x

over a year ago

"I've had someone using my pics recently, thank to a keen eyed mod it was sussed

Fekkin cheek....tell them to get their own tighty whitey's"

By *orkduoCouple
over a year ago

york

had it done twice now n not happy bout it ,hence reported n removed,fake profiles !!!!!!!!!!

Post new Message to Thread