Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

yet another

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

rude single guy. had a possible meet arranged for last. had to cancel my sister turned up and stayed the night. when i let the guy know whats his response .... instant block.

the other guys who asked to meet had no problem. why do some guys spoil it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't stress about it hon- his loss. I doubt you're gonna be short of offers next time you're free!

over a year ago

i dont get many weekends and it typical i end up not free.

as you say his loss theres plenty more out there

its guys like him who give the others a bad reputation.

By *eorge17Man
over a year ago

Leven

what exactly did he spoil?

it was you who cancelled and probably spoiled his night

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"i dont get many weekends and it typical i end up not free.

its guys like him who give the others a bad reputation."

No it doesn't give "others a bad reputation" as it wasn't anyone else but him that blocked you and to be fair on him, he is allowed to use the block function whenever he wants to!

I don't actually see that what he did could even be classed as rude. Is it rude when you block others then?

over a year ago

"rude single guy. had a possible meet arranged for last. had to cancel my sister turned up and stayed the night. when i let the guy know whats his response .... instant block.

"

I wonder how you would have reacted if he'd offered the same excuse? Would you have labelled him a typical single guy timewaster?

Your scenario does leave me wondering that if you know you have a meet arranged why you didn't make it clear to close family that you were unavailable that night. When we are doing anything swinging-related that involves people coming to our home we tell our family we are going out, specifically so that they don't pop round unannounced, and that's why, if I'd been the single guy you had arranged to see, I'd have considered it a lame excuse - and blocked you.

over a year ago

normally they phone before turning up but they didnt and my family will always come first. had he cancelled for the same reason i would of understood and not blocked.

have you never cancelled a meet for your family. if my daughter is ill meets get cancelled. same as if my family turn up they will always come first.

over a year ago

"normally they phone before turning up but they didnt and my family will always come first. had he cancelled for the same reason i would of understood and not blocked.

have you never cancelled a meet for your family. if my daughter is ill meets get cancelled. same as if my family turn up they will always come first."

What if they'd both turned up at exactly the same time? Your sister and your playmate meeting on your doorstep and he'd assumed you sister was another playmate and blurted something out?

When you decide to meet and play at your home you HAVE to take precautions with regards to casual visitors dropping by unaware you're about to have sex with a total stranger.

You are as much the architect of this situation as your sister is by not taking those simple steps to prevent any awkward and embarassing incidents.

Saying your family comes first is such an easy way to deflect that had you taken a bit more care in your planning you would have had your meet and your sister could have popped round the following day.

over a year ago

i have an unpredictable medical condition and have had to cancel at short notice. perhaps i shouldnt be a swinger then.

the time of the meet hadnt been confirmed. why should i tell my family to go away for the sake of a stranger. i must be a rareity on here that swinging is not my priority.

my reg meets all know and fully understand that my family is my priority.

over a year ago

OP sorry. I'm sure you expected this to be another single male bashing thread but I'm with the fellas on this one. He was not rude, I'd have blocked you too.

I also find the "family comes first" statement an excuse. You spoilt his night...I haven't noticed a thread about a lying, timewasting single mum; he's probably chalked it up to experience.

Get over yourself and stop whining...not attractive.

over a year ago

"i have an unpredictable medical condition and have had to cancel at short notice. perhaps i shouldnt be a swinger then.

the time of the meet hadnt been confirmed. why should i tell my family to go away for the sake of a stranger. i must be a rareity on here that swinging is not my priority.

my reg meets all know and fully understand that my family is my priority. "

You haven't offered anything that would show that at least some of the blame lies at your door. It's all been about you.

It was your bad planning led to you cancelling the meet, yet you come on the forum and whinge about the single guy being the cad in all this for blocking you.

You are very self-focussing I have to say.

over a year ago

so your kids or any other family member would be kicked out onto the streets for a fuck. im not a timewasting single mum read my veries. im a person who cares about her family sorry if the majority on here think thats wrong but thats me.

so non of you would cancela meet if a family member was taken ill

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I don't think he's rude. YOU cancelled not him.

If this was a single bloke saying this there wouldn't be one shred of sympathy for him.

Women who want special dispensation simply because they are women give us fair minded women a bad name ( I just wanted to use the tarring brush thing - it's so not me. I got a nano second thrill )

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

am with the others on this one to be honest. Do you like being on here OP as the majority of the posts you start are whinges about single men etc in fact i thought you were leaving at one point because of all the time wasters you had.

OK so your sister turned up unannounced, could you not have said 'really sorry sis but i've got some plans tonight' after all isnt it rude for her to just assume you have nothing planned???

Yes family come first and as you have said emergency situations do come up however this was not an emergency. Sounds like you wanted an easy out of this meet and thoght the guy would just roll over and accept being dicked about

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"so your kids or any other family member would be kicked out onto the streets for a fuck. im not a timewasting single mum read my veries. im a person who cares about her family sorry if the majority on here think thats wrong but thats me.

so non of you would cancela meet if a family member was taken ill"

You really ARE trying hard to deflect from what you first said AND get others to pour from the sympathy boat.

YES anyone here would cancel for a sick relative. NO ADULT here would bleat about it in the forums.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"so your kids or any other family member would be kicked out onto the streets for a fuck. im not a timewasting single mum read my veries. im a person who cares about her family sorry if the majority on here think thats wrong but thats me.

but your family member wasnt taken ill, she just turned up and spoiled your plans!!

over a year ago

I don't blame him for blocking either!

It's hard enough for single males to even get a reply on here let alone a potential meet. He's done the right thing and moved on.

Our family comes first also OP... but we make sure they know we aren't available for visiting when we have a meet planned.

over a year ago

let me think i said i cancelled so YES I DO ADMIT I WAS RESPONSIBLE what i dont get is why because of a family issue i was blocked. read what i said before you judge.

im not arrogant self opionated or anything else you lot want to throw at me. it seems to me a certain few on here are perfect never cancel, never block. family come second in their lives.

over a year ago

You said in your OP that the 'other guys didn't have a problem'. Was this a gangbang meet you'd arranged and bowed out of at the last minute?

Your sister turned up and stayed the night, you said. Not that she was seriously ill and needed your undivided attention, and if she was that ill surely A&E should have been her first port of call.

We all need some 'me' time occassionally and family will always be family, so on that basis I have no problems telling a white lie to prevent them popping round when we've decided to have some rare swinging fun for ourselves.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

Agree with various posters, but can i just point out it is not rude to bock!It is a site facility people are free to use as they wish.

We have had to csncel daytime meets cos my mum has turned up, it doent matter that she has been told i'm out, she doesnt remember, shit happens,the main thing is to remember its just swinging.

over a year ago

why arwe you being so hard on this lasy?she got blocked,unexpectedly,its upsetting,hurtful,yes she will get over it,but bloody hell,give her a break,she only wanted a little tlc from you guys,not a public lynching

over a year ago

"..........

its guys like him who give the others a bad reputation."

If I adopted your mentality then i would have to say having read the thread that it's women like you that give single women on here a bad reputation. That though would be untrue, a person like you gives YOURSELF a bad reputation in my opinion.

I don't believe your cancellation had anything to do with your health or that would have been in your opening post. We all have family and/or friends, but most of us also have respect for people we choose to meet. Respect would have meant the simple preparation of letting people know you had a date or commitment and was not available.

Do you think that maybe your attitude of 'there's plenty more out there' is effecting the levels of respect and courtesy your showing?

I don't think it's his loss, and apparently neither does he......

over a year ago

so non of you would cancela meet if a family member was taken ill

i never said she was ill but i wont turn family away for a fuck. the ill point was hyperthectical.

not a gangbang but after i cancelled meet had a couple of guys text and ask was i free.

i have cancelled 3 meets only and had approx 20 no shows or last minute cancel. you lot have never had a no show or cancel by the sound of it. perhaps instead of being bitchy you should tell me how to ensure no one ever lets you down or you have to cancel.

You said in your OP that the 'other guys didn't have a problem'. Was this a gangbang meet you'd arranged and bowed out of at the last minute?

Your sister turned up and stayed the night, you said. Not that she was seriously ill and needed your undivided attention, and if she was that ill surely A&E should have been her first port of call.

We all need some 'me' time occassionally and family will always be family, so on that basis I have no problems telling a white lie to prevent them popping round when we've decided to have some rare swinging fun for ourselves.

"

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"why arwe you being so hard on this lasy?she got blocked,unexpectedly,its upsetting,hurtful,yes she will get over it,but bloody hell,give her a break,she only wanted a little tlc from you guys,not a public lynching "

why hurtful ?

and if it upsets someone .......

over a year ago

"why arwe you being so hard on this lasy?she got blocked,unexpectedly,its upsetting,hurtful,yes she will get over it,but bloody hell,give her a break,she only wanted a little tlc from you guys,not a public lynching "

Mayhaps the words " rude single guy " and what appears to be a lack of responsibility..is inviting opinion..

over a year ago

I really can't see why you're getting yourself into such a tizzy, just because someone has blocked you.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/09/11 09:43:34]

over a year ago

I purposely put in my profile that I do not like kids, and peeps should not expect me to like theirs, or be able to be flexible about their childcare arrangements or emergencies.

I have a life outside FAB, and usually arrange to meet well in advance, to fit around my free time and schedule.

Playmates or would be playmates are asked to confirm their availability a few days before the meet, and if they can't, then there will be no hard feelings, as I always have something else that I can do.

However, I seldom give a would be playmate a second chance, and would normally explain why before I block him.

If someone has let me down once, then he is likely to let me down again.

Harsh? So be it! Bite me!

over a year ago

thankyou jemima puddleduck and easpeasi someone understood whta i meant.

over a year ago

"I really can't see why you're getting yourself into such a tizzy, just because someone has blocked you.

"

I believe it has more to do with "hey, I know, I'll start a popularist single guy bashing thread and gets loads of replies and messages and look really cool." But it backfired somewhat.

over a year ago

"..........

If I adopted your mentality then i would have to say having read the thread that it's women like you that give single women on here a bad reputation. That though would be untrue, a person like you gives YOURSELF a bad reputation in my opinion.

I don't believe your cancellation had anything to do with your health or that would have been in your opening post. We all have family and/or friends, but most of us also have respect for people we choose to meet. Respect would have meant the simple preparation of letting people know you had a date or commitment and was not available.

Do you think that maybe your attitude of 'there's plenty more out there' is effecting the levels of respect and courtesy your showing?

I don't think it's his loss, and apparently neither does he...... "

+1

over a year ago

I have to say this just once - it has happened before, and it will happen again, and again.

Who can remember the big hoo ha about the OP leaving the site not that long ago?

I certainly do, can't exactly miss it!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"let me think i said i cancelled so YES I DO ADMIT I WAS RESPONSIBLE what i dont get is why because of a family issue i was blocked. read what i said before you judge.

"

but you see all that the this is that a consequence of the action you put in capitals.... just as him blocking you now has the consequence of that you would have still met him.. now he blew that..

for every action there is a reaction... this is just one of them

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Who are you directing this post at ? Is it anyone or all posters ?

I can't see anyone being harsh. I can see an OP who asked a question and individual replies answering her question.

All replies have been polite.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

ooops..... You changed your avatar. I didn't recognise you.

over a year ago

Sigh…..

I guess there’s always a silver lining,,,,,

OP, You cancelled a meet with a man who you now believe to be rude because of his reaction….

Personally I’d regard that as a lucky escape, rather than something to moan about,,,, ….

But then again!!!…. I prefer looking for the positive’s in life….

Moreover I’d not want to make a big deal of it, knowing that it might come across, as though, I’d be attempting to justify my own role in the event, when the man in question does not have the same option to present his side of the story….

That’s my slant on it anyway…

Sox over and out!!!

over a year ago

"let me think i said i cancelled so YES I DO ADMIT I WAS RESPONSIBLE what i dont get is why because of a family issue i was blocked. read what i said before you judge.

im not arrogant self opionated or anything else you lot want to throw at me. it seems to me a certain few on here are perfect never cancel, never block. family come second in their lives."

It's very possible he saw your reason as an excuse then therefore a possible time-waster and so blocked you to avoid contacting you again.

what length of notice did you give this guy?, he may have gone to some trouble arranging his own private time to spend with you.

It is true that if a single guy had used the same reason/excuse then he would have been considered a lying, cheating scumbag that's married with kids.

over a year ago

im not arrogant self opionated or anything else you lot want to throw at me. it seems to me a certain few on here are perfect never cancel, never block. family come second in their lives.

It's very possible he saw your reason as an excuse then therefore a possible time-waster and so blocked you to avoid contacting you again.

what length of notice did you give this guy?, he may have gone to some trouble arranging his own private time to spend with you.

It is true that if a single guy had used the same reason/excuse then he would have been considered a lying, cheating scumbag that's married with kids."

no time had been set to meet and i let him know at about 3pm when my sister turned up.

perhaps im too trusting but i wouldnt have seen anything in it. i would have happily met him another time. i have his phone number but i wont contact him.

over a year ago

"am with the others on this one to be honest. Do you like being on here OP as the majority of the posts you start are whinges about single men etc in fact i thought you were leaving at one point because of all the time wasters you had.

OK so your sister turned up unannounced, could you not have said 'really sorry sis but i've got some plans tonight' after all isnt it rude for her to just assume you have nothing planned???

Yes family come first and as you have said emergency situations do come up however this was not an emergency. Sounds like you wanted an easy out of this meet and thoght the guy would just roll over and accept being dicked about "

+1

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"rude single guy. had a possible meet arranged for last. had to cancel my sister turned up and stayed the night. when i let the guy know whats his response .... instant block.

"

Can't see how he is rude because he blocked you for cancelling a meet with him.

If the boot was on the other foot...bet you would have been a little annoyed too!

over a year ago

i wouldnt have blocked never do for a meet who contacts me prior to meet and cancels. isnt it common courtisy to let someone know. i would have meet him another time.

yes i have had a few posts try reading them i.e sexiest male/female film star,food labels,strap on fun any of them digs at men dont think so. but then again only the elite few are allowed digs arent they.

over a year ago

"..........

I don't think it's his loss, and apparently neither does he...... "

she cancels .... he blocks and hes giving single guys a bad name?? .....you couldnt make it up could you???? or am i missing somefink ????

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

This has happened to me, the guy gave me a bit of warning, but I blocked him anyway. The reason was because I'd had a bad week, a couple of no shows previously, work was dicking me about, and I'd just had enough! Perhaps he was the same and was very disappointed to have had a meet cancelled. He'll probably unblock in a day or so when he's calmed down.

Honestly though, I have used my daughter as an excuse to not meet. We've all done it. Just probably best to chalk this one up to experience.

over a year ago

Is the OP saying she has never posted a thread and have a dig at men about them being timewasters and so forth?

Or any other moaning/whinging threads?

I do not believe that is the case, sorry!

Please do not throw the toys out of the pram just because some people have longer memories than a bird brain.

Post new Message to Thread