Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Time...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Am in the only person who finds it a little scary how quickly time flies past?

It doesn't seem like 2 minutes since 1st Jan and now it's 1st Dec ... an other year flown past in the blink of an eye.

It highlights that we should live life to the fullest (and I don't just mean Fab life! )

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Yep it's scery as fuck and the older you get the quicker they fly by. Shouldn't be allowed

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Yep it's scery as fuck and the older you get the quicker they fly by. Shouldn't be allowed "

It's right, this is happening and no-one is trying to stop it.

over a year ago

My dad says it gets worse every year

over a year ago

"Yep it's scery as fuck and the older you get the quicker they fly by. Shouldn't be allowed "

You're the same age as me ... and I agree ... it shouldn't be allowed!

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

Yes, 2018 will be 20 years since I left school which is insane as it feels like it was less than 10 years ago! And I remember thinking 30 year olds were proper old, but now I'll be the wrong side of 35 in a couple of months. The march of time is relentless

over a year ago

"Yep it's scery as fuck and the older you get the quicker they fly by. Shouldn't be allowed

It's right, this is happening and no-one is trying to stop it. "

Shall I start a govt petition? If they get enough signatures it has to be debated?

over a year ago

"My dad says it gets worse every year "

It's like a full tank of fuel in the car. It's all laughs knowing you've got 100s of miles in the tank, and as you start getting to 1/4 left you realise it goes down quicker and quicker everyday.

over a year ago

"Yes, 2018 will be 20 years since I left school which is insane as it feels like it was less than 10 years ago! And I remember thinking 30 year olds were proper old, but now I'll be the wrong side of 35 in a couple of months. The march of time is relentless "

Trust me, the older you get the faster it flies

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

"Yes, 2018 will be 20 years since I left school which is insane as it feels like it was less than 10 years ago! And I remember thinking 30 year olds were proper old, but now I'll be the wrong side of 35 in a couple of months. The march of time is relentless

Trust me, the older you get the faster it flies "

Don't I know it! Luckily I've got quite a baby face still so I get away with looking a lot younger than I am Christmas seems to come around faster every year though, it literally only feels like 5 minutes since the last one!

over a year ago

"Yes, 2018 will be 20 years since I left school which is insane as it feels like it was less than 10 years ago! And I remember thinking 30 year olds were proper old, but now I'll be the wrong side of 35 in a couple of months. The march of time is relentless

Trust me, the older you get the faster it flies

Don't I know it! Luckily I've got quite a baby face still so I get away with looking a lot younger than I am Christmas seems to come around faster every year though, it literally only feels like 5 minutes since the last one!"

I just went looking for your face and not there

over a year ago

Stop the world, I wanna get off!!

I can't believe how fast time goes. It gets me down.

By *lmostthereMan
over a year ago

Southampton

Time is a fluid concept.

over a year ago

"Stop the world, I wanna get off!!

I can't believe how fast time goes. It gets me down. "

It does me sometimes however I then realise I just gotta move my arse and make the most of the time I have left...

over a year ago

Yes it's very scary I lost to very special men in my life in the space of 6 months 3 years ago and it still seems like it happened yesterday

over a year ago

"Yes it's very scary I lost to very special men in my life in the space of 6 months 3 years ago and it still seems like it happened yesterday"

I always think anniversaries of people passing rams it home ...

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"Yep it's scery as fuck and the older you get the quicker they fly by. Shouldn't be allowed

You're the same age as me ... and I agree ... it shouldn't be allowed! "

I just turned 49 on Wednesday too lol

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/12/17 06:42:01]

over a year ago

I just turned 49 on Wednesday too lol "

Great bod for your years

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 01/12/17 06:42:01]"

A timely time stamp to show us how we've aged since this thread started!

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

The problem has been compounded by our lifestyles, now everything is instant.

40 years ago, the only thing that was instant was our coffee, you wanted to message someone, you sent a letter and waited a week or two for a reply; book a holiday, would take weeks of looking through glossy brochures and sitting with a travel agent for half a day; want food, you'd cook it yourself or go to the local takeaway and wait....

Now everything is instant, literally.. messages, food, holidays, friends, shopping, sex... even swinging back then involved buying a contacts mag (the ones with the eyes blanked out) and sending a letter to a PO box and waited and waited.. none of this instashag we have now..

As a race, we are trying to come to terms with this new way of living, we don't wait for anything any more, everything just flies past in the blink of an eye.. a long term plan is no longer than a few months now..

I don't know what the solution is, it's scary... I have so many things (and so many ladies) I want to do and time seems to be running short to fit it all in...

If anyone has any answers to this problem, please post them to PO box 69, London and I will get back to you in a few weeks.

over a year ago

"The problem has been compounded by our lifestyles, now everything is instant.

40 years ago, the only thing that was instant was our coffee, you wanted to message someone, you sent a letter and waited a week or two for a reply; book a holiday, would take weeks of looking through glossy brochures and sitting with a travel agent for half a day; want food, you'd cook it yourself or go to the local takeaway and wait....

Now everything is instant, literally.. messages, food, holidays, friends, shopping, sex... even swinging back then involved buying a contacts mag (the ones with the eyes blanked out) and sending a letter to a PO box and waited and waited.. none of this instashag we have now..

As a race, we are trying to come to terms with this new way of living, we don't wait for anything any more, everything just flies past in the blink of an eye.. a long term plan is no longer than a few months now..

I don't know what the solution is, it's scary... I have so many things (and so many ladies) I want to do and time seems to be running short to fit it all in...

If anyone has any answers to this problem, please post them to PO box 69, London and I will get back to you in a few weeks. "

BRILLIANT!!

over a year ago

I keep forgetting I am 35 and not 28 ... been celebrating 28 for the past 7 years

over a year ago

I keep forgetting I am 35 and not 28 ... been celebrating 28 for the past 7 years "

Wish I was 35!!

over a year ago

Scares the shit outta me!

over a year ago

"Scares the shit outta me!"

You don't realise when you're young do you ... it's unreal

over a year ago

"Yes, 2018 will be 20 years since I left school which is insane as it feels like it was less than 10 years ago! And I remember thinking 30 year olds were proper old, but now I'll be the wrong side of 35 in a couple of months. The march of time is relentless "

It doesn't make any difference what side you are of 35.

It's what's in your head.

over a year ago

"Scares the shit outta me!

You don't realise when you're young do you ... it's unreal "

Sometimes feel swamped and rapidly running out of time with the decisions and options to make, only seemed a few years ago when I could put all those off as unimportant!

over a year ago

"Scares the shit outta me!

You don't realise when you're young do you ... it's unreal

Sometimes feel swamped and rapidly running out of time with the decisions and options to make, only seemed a few years ago when I could put all those off as unimportant! "

That's the scariest thing for me ... 1984 seems like 5 minutes ago when I had to make my first "grown up" decision and now it's THIRTY THREE years later

over a year ago

This year has been the quickest I’ve known to go by. It’s scary how the time passes. So much to do and doesn’t seem enough time to do it x

By *notherGirlTV/TS
over a year ago

Somewhere

Ah! The perception of time!

Look at it as a journey.

You keep travelling the same way, like a daily commute, and the trip seems shorter.

Travel a different path each day, then it’s always new and the time passes more slowly.

Simple.

Do different things constantly and live longer.

over a year ago

"This year has been the quickest I’ve known to go by. It’s scary how the time passes. So much to do and doesn’t seem enough time to do it x "

I remember when I was 15 or 16 my Nan (around 60 at the time) said "wait til you get to 21, the time will absolutely fly by"

I remember giggling at the time but boy how right she was ... we still talk about that now ... she is now nearly 94 and I'm nearly 50 x

over a year ago

"The problem has been compounded by our lifestyles, now everything is instant.

If anyone has any answers to this problem, please post them to PO box 69, London and I will get back to you in a few weeks. "

this

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple
over a year ago

Chester

Agree - don't feel our age & look at our grown up kids who are independent living on their own thinking how can this be, were not old enough for this. We are enjoying the freedom though and its like we've turned a corner of having our own time all over again - roll on next Party F&P xx

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

Great bod for your years "

Thank you kind lady!

over a year ago

The years fly by these days but get yourself a speeding ticket to slow it down feels like a lifetime before those points come off your license

over a year ago

Great bod for your years

Thank you kind lady! "

You're very welcome

over a year ago

"The years fly by these days but get yourself a speeding ticket to slow it down feels like a lifetime before those points come off your license "

I don't want a speeding ticket

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'm not quite there yet, it must be because I am so young and full of life.

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"The years fly by these days but get yourself a speeding ticket to slow it down feels like a lifetime before those points come off your license "

Lmao! You’re so right!

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple
over a year ago

Chester

Just paid £100 for mine licence posted off - is this a sign? Fi xx

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

It doesn't make any difference what side you are of 35.

It's what's in your head. "

Indeed, I still live like I'm 21 to be honest! Out partying most weekends or going off on adventures and experiences, extreme sports etc the only difference between now and when I was 21 is that I can actually afford to do the things I couldn't back then

over a year ago

I often wonder if people subconsciously speed up their perceived time.

You see facetwitbookagram loaded with 'can't wait for the weekend' on a Monday .

The other ones are those countdown things you see everywhere. Sometimes, folk become so focused on the countdown, they forget all about living in the present.

'59 days to my holiday, can't wait...30 days to my holiday, can't wait...10 days to my holiday, can't wait...1 day to my holiday, can't wait'. That's all really sweet, but can you remember doing anything interesting from the previous 59 days?

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I have a theory on this.

When you are one year old, a year is literally a lifetime. When You're ten, it's ten percent of a lifetime... When you're forty, a year is only two and a half percent...

So as you get older, time seems to be travelling faster because it's a smaller proportion of the life you've lived.

Cal x

over a year ago

"I have a theory on this.

When you are one year old, a year is literally a lifetime. When You're ten, it's ten percent of a lifetime... When you're forty, a year is only two and a half percent...

So as you get older, time seems to be travelling faster because it's a smaller proportion of the life you've lived.

Cal x "

It's all about perspective

over a year ago

Time doesn't seem to fly by in my opinion

over a year ago

Its a bit like a toilet roll....... the years (sheets) are passing at the same rate, but the end (roll) is spinninng faster and faster!!

over a year ago

"Time doesn't seem to fly by in my opinion "

I must be too damn busy then because my life is zooming by

over a year ago

"Its a bit like a toilet roll....... the years (sheets) are passing at the same rate, but the end (roll) is spinninng faster and faster!!"

Think I understand that

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It's funny isn't it.

15 minutes in the dentist chair can seem like an eternity yet a weeks holiday can pass in a flash.

over a year ago

"It's funny isn't it.

15 minutes in the dentist chair can seem like an eternity yet a weeks holiday can pass in a flash."

absolutely right

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

It's right, this is happening and no-one is trying to stop it. "

It's because of Brexit

over a year ago

It's right, this is happening and no-one is trying to stop it.

It's because of Brexit "

Gotta blame something

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

The last couple of years have been an absolute whirlwind.

But this year especially.

If someone had told me on Jan 1st, how I'd be seeing out 2017 I'd have laughed & thought them mad!

A lot can happen in a year!

over a year ago

"The last couple of years have been an absolute whirlwind.

But this year especially.

If someone had told me on Jan 1st, how I'd be seeing out 2017 I'd have laughed & thought them mad!

A lot can happen in a year!

"

I absolutely 100% agree with this .... when 2017 arrived I didn't think any of what has gone on in my life has but I don't regret a second of it

It has flown by though ... maybe because I've had so much fun

By *eplicant JoWoman
over a year ago

Sussex countryside

Passes far too quickly.

over a year ago

Each year seems to pass quicker than the last...

over a year ago

"Passes far too quickly."

No matter how hard you try to slow it down x

over a year ago

"Each year seems to pass quicker than the last..."

Scarily so ...

By *yldstyleWoman