Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fab straight?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Serious question for the men, how many class themselves as straight but have been at least curious or tried something with another man (whether you enjoyed it or not)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Me

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Lots if you read the previous threads on this

By *p4funCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth

"Lots if you read the previous threads on this "
only about 16

over a year ago

"Lots if you read the previous threads on this only about 16 "

Today.

So far.

over a year ago

And was it a 'never again' or did it change your preferences a little?

By *avetherave1986Man
over a year ago

s

Don't knock it till you've tried it

over a year ago

"Don't knock it till you've tried it "

We're you always curious though or always straight until a point later in life?

over a year ago

Considering they're the only ones who ever "Wink" or "Fab" my pics I'd say a fairly high amount.

over a year ago

"Considering they're the only ones who ever "Wink" or "Fab" my pics I'd say a fairly high amount. "

Then I wouldn't have any luck as bi as I dont get the winks or fans lol only the occasional message

over a year ago

"Me"

How did that go?

By *avetherave1986Man
over a year ago

s

Tried it, liked it.

Loads of people are curious and have a mess on the sly -. And why the fuck not, crack on!

over a year ago

"Tried it, liked it.

Loads of people are curious and have a mess on the sly -. And why the fuck not, crack on!

"

It's such a massive leap from curious though to doing something about it isn't it?

By *avetherave1986Man
over a year ago

s

Not really. Suckin some dick sometimes doesn't make ya any less of a man

Not just any dick tho - has to be fit.

over a year ago

Don't find lads attractive but i love cocks, yet to try one. Like I couldn't kiss a lad but id suck him off.

By *avetherave1986Man
over a year ago

s

It's horny as fuck.

has to be the right lad tho and in the right situation.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

I do wonder sometimes about the 'fab straight' phenomenon... I know some say they're straight on their profiles simply because they don't want to be overlooked by the couples and women who won't meet bi guys, but I'd imagine there are some who are genuinely mentally struggling with accepting their own sexuality. Just from reading various threads on the subject, and a lot of anti-bi male profiles that are quite harsh in their wording, its apparent to me that there is a prejudice against bi males on Fab, while bi females are very much sought and celebrated. Its understandable that this would contribute towards whatever inner turmoil some may be experiencing. While I agree that preferences are preferences and we are all entitled to them, maybe the type of subversive shaming of bi males on threads and profiles which drives them to identify as straight is something we as a community should be more ashamed of ourselves. Just a thought....

over a year ago

We get no end of messages form straight profile saying they are bi or curious. I don't think of myself as bisexual, but I love cocks. It sucks that bi guys have to hide it on a site like this and if having bi on my profile scares off the judgemental types then that's only a good thing.

over a year ago

"I do wonder sometimes about the 'fab straight' phenomenon... I know some say they're straight on their profiles simply because they don't want to be overlooked by the couples and women who won't meet bi guys, but I'd imagine there are some who are genuinely mentally struggling with accepting their own sexuality. Just from reading various threads on the subject, and a lot of anti-bi male profiles that are quite harsh in their wording, its apparent to me that there is a prejudice against bi males on Fab, while bi females are very much sought and celebrated. Its understandable that this would contribute towards whatever inner turmoil some may be experiencing. While I agree that preferences are preferences and we are all entitled to them, maybe the type of subversive shaming of bi males on threads and profiles which drives them to identify as straight is something we as a community should be more ashamed of ourselves. Just a thought...."

Well said that man

over a year ago

"I do wonder sometimes about the 'fab straight' phenomenon... I know some say they're straight on their profiles simply because they don't want to be overlooked by the couples and women who won't meet bi guys, but I'd imagine there are some who are genuinely mentally struggling with accepting their own sexuality. Just from reading various threads on the subject, and a lot of anti-bi male profiles that are quite harsh in their wording, its apparent to me that there is a prejudice against bi males on Fab, while bi females are very much sought and celebrated. Its understandable that this would contribute towards whatever inner turmoil some may be experiencing. While I agree that preferences are preferences and we are all entitled to them, maybe the type of subversive shaming of bi males on threads and profiles which drives them to identify as straight is something we as a community should be more ashamed of ourselves. Just a thought...."

Spot on,

and if having bi on our profile scares anyone off then its win win i guess, never understood why anyone should be concerned with anybody else's sexuality unless you are with them.

By *avetherave1986Man
over a year ago

s

[Removed by poster at 01/12/17 01:19:21]

over a year ago

The classic Fab 1960's classification thread no. 69,696

over a year ago

Me.

over a year ago

"The classic Fab 1960's classification thread no. 69,696 "

1950's *

By *avetherave1986Man
over a year ago

s

"We get no end of messages form straight profile saying they are bi or curious. I don't think of myself as bisexual, but I love cocks. It sucks that bi guys have to hide it on a site like this and if having bi on my profile scares off the judgemental types then that's only a good thing."

Fuck em

i don't give a toss who knows. What's it got to do with them anyway. - if I wanna go a round or two with a proper fit chap while his Mrs watches gettin off on it, then i will ??

And what? Don't knock it till ya tried it

over a year ago

Never had any interest in men but got caught up in the moment with a couple one night and never looked back. Kissing a man is so different to kissing a woman...both as enjoyable but there is something cant describe until youve tried. Same with a bj...both fab but just different.

over a year ago

"The classic Fab 1960's classification thread no. 69,696

1950's *"

You haven't been on here since the fifties have ye?

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"I do wonder sometimes about the 'fab straight' phenomenon... I know some say they're straight on their profiles simply because they don't want to be overlooked by the couples and women who won't meet bi guys, but I'd imagine there are some who are genuinely mentally struggling with accepting their own sexuality. Just from reading various threads on the subject, and a lot of anti-bi male profiles that are quite harsh in their wording, its apparent to me that there is a prejudice against bi males on Fab, while bi females are very much sought and celebrated. Its understandable that this would contribute towards whatever inner turmoil some may be experiencing. While I agree that preferences are preferences and we are all entitled to them, maybe the type of subversive shaming of bi males on threads and profiles which drives them to identify as straight is something we as a community should be more ashamed of ourselves. Just a thought....

Spot on,

and if having bi on our profile scares anyone off then its win win i guess, never understood why anyone should be concerned with anybody else's sexuality unless you are with them."

There's very much a hypocritical attitude in my experience. I've had people with very strong anti-bi male sentiment on their profiles contact me randomly asking me to join them in their hotel rooms for sex despite never even having chatted before, just because I've bi on my profile. Yet also on my profile I've multiple verifications from a bi-curious male (no longer active on the site) with whom I've had a fwb relationship for almost 2 years. So he's not ok, but the woman he has sex with is??? Can someone explain the logic of this to me?

over a year ago

"The classic Fab 1960's classification thread no. 69,696

1950's *

You haven't been on here since the fifties have ye?"

I was both forward & backward thinking

over a year ago

"There's very much a hypocritical attitude in my experience. I've had people with very strong anti-bi male sentiment on their profiles contact me randomly asking me to join them in their hotel rooms for sex despite never even having chatted before, just because I've bi on my profile. Yet also on my profile I've multiple verifications from a bi-curious male (no longer active on the site) with whom I've had a fwb relationship for almost 2 years. So he's not ok, but the woman he has sex with is??? Can someone explain the logic of this to me? "

I don't understand it, a lot of guys have contacted us for bi fun and said they have straight on their profile because of all the women who don't want bi men. There is a thread in the lounge about it atm with a few bi women saying they just wouldn't get with bi men. Is it simply just a preference or hypocrisy. Seen someone say its becuase you cant give blood if youve been with a bi man

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"There's very much a hypocritical attitude in my experience. I've had people with very strong anti-bi male sentiment on their profiles contact me randomly asking me to join them in their hotel rooms for sex despite never even having chatted before, just because I've bi on my profile. Yet also on my profile I've multiple verifications from a bi-curious male (no longer active on the site) with whom I've had a fwb relationship for almost 2 years. So he's not ok, but the woman he has sex with is??? Can someone explain the logic of this to me?

I don't understand it, a lot of guys have contacted us for bi fun and said they have straight on their profile because of all the women who don't want bi men. There is a thread in the lounge about it atm with a few bi women saying they just wouldn't get with bi men. Is it simply just a preference or hypocrisy. Seen someone say its becuase you cant give blood if youve been with a bi man "

I think the rules are slightly different in the UK than they are for us in Ireland... In Ireland there are restrictions in place if you have anal sex... no matter what you or your partner's sexuality is, which makes more sense to me as its a higher risk activity than vaginal sex (condoms are more likely to split and there's also the risk of anal tearing which would result in blood contact), than simply assuming that because someone is gay or bisexual they are going to be more cavalier about their sexual health than a straight person. I think we've all seen enough threads on other topics to know that there are plenty of straight people who are involved in very high risk activities... you don't need to be bi or gay for that.

Honestly... that beggars belief... If its profile sexuality they go by, all that means is that there are self-righteous people giving blood who 'think' they've only ever had sex with straight men because thats what they were told. I sincerely doubt there's a sexually active bi or heterosexual woman on here who's never had sex with a bi man... whether on or off site... they probably just don't know it. Thats the reality. So their declarations to the blood transfusion board (or whatever the UK equivalent is), are completely worthless. If you're having sex with multiple partners you're at risk... end of story... its up to each individual to look after their own sexual health and be realistic about it... we all chose to be in this lifestyle whether we're only ever meeting 1 or 2 people or partying with 15-20 people every weekend... relying on virtual strangers to be 'honest' about their past activities is ludicrous... its time people got a grip and got off their high horses.

over a year ago

"Serious question for the men, how many class themselves as straight but have been at least curious or tried something with another man (whether you enjoyed it or not)"

I'll answer your question as openly and honesty as I can. But would you believe me anyway? Probably not, everyone knows Fab straight is a thing here, but they also thing everyone is Fab straight.

I was curious (and probably still am) in the fact I often wondered if I could have sex or even find another man attractive enough. I wanted to be as open minded to enjoying allsorts if sex as I could be.

But, no. It appears I can't. I've never wanted to fallow anything through with anyone. I'm straight (until anything changes, who knows what happens when I'm 60yrs old)

I just can't find masculinity sexualy atravtive. And it stops there. So, I always answered I'm curious, for the fact I always wanted to be able to, but never wanted to. If that makes sense, and if anyone is still reading at this point.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"Serious question for the men, how many class themselves as straight but have been at least curious or tried something with another man (whether you enjoyed it or not)

I'll answer your question as openly and honesty as I can. But would you believe me anyway? Probably not, everyone knows Fab straight is a thing here, but they also thing everyone is Fab straight.

I was curious (and probably still am) in the fact I often wondered if I could have sex or even find another man attractive enough. I wanted to be as open minded to enjoying allsorts if sex as I could be.

But, no. It appears I can't. I've never wanted to fallow anything through with anyone. I'm straight (until anything changes, who knows what happens when I'm 60yrs old)

I just can't find masculinity sexualy atravtive. And it stops there. So, I always answered I'm curious, for the fact I always wanted to be able to, but never wanted to. If that makes sense, and if anyone is still reading at this point. "

Makes total sense to me... I've only ever been attracted to one woman enough to explore...

over a year ago

Can someone tell me.....?

Is it assumed that that anal sex is the sole domain of bi and gay men?

I know plenty of bi and gay men who don't have anal and know of many women who have anal sex. Even on male orientated bi nights I have see more women receiving anal than men.

over a year ago

"Serious question for the men, how many class themselves as straight but have been at least curious or tried something with another man (whether you enjoyed it or not)"

I was talking to a guy last night (in the flesh. Like a real person!) and he told me he had tried playing with a guy just to see if he’d like it.

He didn’t. He said it felt weird. He’s not interested in ever repeating it now.

over a year ago

"Serious question for the men, how many class themselves as straight but have been at least curious or tried something with another man (whether you enjoyed it or not)

I was talking to a guy last night (in the flesh. Like a real person!) and he told me he had tried playing with a guy just to see if he’d like it.

He didn’t. He said it felt weird. He’s not interested in ever repeating it now. "

Playing devils advocate here...

There is a belief amongst some people on this forum that a straight man would never ever consider playing with another man and if he does (even if only once) he can no longer claim to be straight.

Did this guy condider himself to be bi or straight?

over a year ago

There is a belief amongst some people on this forum that a straight man would never ever consider playing with another man and if he does (even if only once) he can no longer claim to be straight.

Did this guy condider himself to be bi or straight?"

He’s a bit of a stoner so he says that’s probably lowered his inhibitions and as a young man trying to work himself out he wondered how he’d know if he was straight or not so thought ‘why not try’.

It wasn’t for him and he doesn’t want to ever try again so he says he’s confirmed to himself that he’s straight.

over a year ago

Me, oops!

over a year ago

He’s a bit of a stoner so he says that’s probably lowered his inhibitions and as a young man trying to work himself out he wondered how he’d know if he was straight or not so thought ‘why not try’.

It wasn’t for him and he doesn’t want to ever try again so he says he’s confirmed to himself that he’s straight. "

So essentially he would/does label himself straight on a fab profile?

But there are those on fab (not me by the way) who would now classify him as bisexual and consider a straight status to be dishonest.

I have to admit I am fascinated by the diversity in opinion on this subject. It not surprising that this subject is brought up so often.

over a year ago

Me, 3somes with the wife have gotten quite heated in the past and boundaries got crossed, thoroughly enjoyed it and hoping to do it again very soon.

By *anieldoltMan
over a year ago

bham

"Don't find lads attractive but i love cocks, yet to try one. Like I couldn't kiss a lad but id suck him off."

I can relate to this!

over a year ago

"Don't find lads attractive but i love cocks, yet to try one. Like I couldn't kiss a lad but id suck him off."

Totally understand where you are coming from with this, not quite the sucking off stage but it doesn't seem as bad as kissing another man if that makes sense lol

over a year ago

I'm curious, never had the opportunity or balls to take it further. No shame in it either.

over a year ago

It wasn’t for him and he doesn’t want to ever try again so he says he’s confirmed to himself that he’s straight.

But there are those on fab (not me by the way) who would now classify him as bisexual and consider a straight status to be dishonest.

I have to admit I am fascinated by the diversity in opinion on this subject. It not surprising that this subject is brought up so often."

I tried white wine and found I really don’t like it. I don’t consider myself a white wine drinker because I tried it once.

The guy in question isn’t on fab, just for the record. I don’t think he’s even fab curious.

over a year ago

I used to be . In fact o still pretend to be

, men I don’t fancy either, so why do I love sucking on a cock

over a year ago

any women had an ex who hid their sexuality for fear of being found out? Mine did.

By *lmostthereMan
over a year ago

Southampton

Meh. Not interested in labels. I care not a jot about who someone sleeps with, fantasises about or masturbates over as long it makes them happy.

over a year ago

I have to admit I am fascinated by the diversity in opinion on this subject. It not surprising that this subject is brought up so often.

I tried white wine and found I really don’t like it. I don’t consider myself a white wine drinker because I tried it once.

The guy in question isn’t on fab, just for the record. I don’t think he’s even fab curious. "

How about you tried white wine. Weren't crazy about it but not strongly apposed either. You wouldn't buy wine from the shop, but if your friends were all drinking it you'd have a glass for a laugh.

Your options are Teatotal and Alcoholic.

over a year ago

The guy in question isn’t on fab, just for the record. I don’t think he’s even fab curious.

How about you tried white wine. Weren't crazy about it but not strongly apposed either. You wouldn't buy wine from the shop, but if your friends were all drinking it you'd have a glass for a laugh.

Your options are Teatotal and Alcoholic."

I like red wine......

over a year ago

I have to admit I am fascinated by the diversity in opinion on this subject. It not surprising that this subject is brought up so often."

haha. Nonsense.

Post new Message to Thread